PDA

View Full Version : Aberration to Humanoid

Hangwind
2014-04-17, 05:12 PM
All right playgrounders, I need a question answered: Is there any way of turning a aberration into a humanoid or giant before first level? Preferably with LA +0?

Cheese and dirty tricks welcome as long as it can be done before first level. Thank you!

Coidzor
2014-04-17, 05:35 PM
Uhh... (Human >) Elan > Dustform > Incarnate Construct for (humanoid >) aberration > construct > humanoid?

You could have an Effigy Elan > Incarnate Construct, but then it never was an aberration, just a construct based upon an aberration.

Dustform + Incarnate Construct basically loses much of the point of having been an Aberration though.

Gemini476
2014-04-17, 10:40 PM
Uhh... (Human >) Elan > Dustform > Incarnate Construct for (humanoid >) aberration > construct > humanoid?

You could have an Effigy Elan > Incarnate Construct, but then it never was an aberration, just a construct based upon an aberration.

Dustform + Incarnate Construct basically loses much of the point of having been an Aberration though.

Just to clarify, Dustform+Incarnate Construct means that you lose pretty much everything except racial bonuses to ability scores. Including but not limited to skill points and all feats. You also arguably keep the Dustform's weakness to critical hits, which is a bummer.

Still, that's LA+2>LA-2, so LA+0 total. Next you just need to find some way to be a 0RHD LA+0 Aberration that isn't an Elan. Preferably.

Kuulvheysoon
2014-04-18, 03:43 AM
Just to clarify, Dustform+Incarnate Construct means that you lose pretty much everything except racial bonuses to ability scores. Including but not limited to skill points and all feats. You also arguably keep the Dustform's weakness to critical hits, which is a bummer.

Still, that's LA+2>LA-2, so LA+0 total. Next you just need to find some way to be a 0RHD LA+0 Aberration that isn't an Elan. Preferably.

Synad, from Complete Psionic?

Hangwind
2014-04-18, 05:13 AM
No, actually I am looking for a way to make a spellwarped into an afflicted Lycanthrope.

...And I didn't actually say that in my first post did I? Sorry!:smallredface:

dextercorvia
2014-04-18, 08:21 AM
A strict reading of RotD says that when you become Dragonborn you keep your original type, gain the dragonblood subtype and become Humanoid[dragonblood].