PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder cleric feat help

khachaturian
2014-04-17, 07:34 PM
looking for advice on mid to late game cleric feats. i would like to qualify for spell perfection, and this requires three metamagic feats. quicken seems to be an easy pick. but other choices like extend and reach, which appear solid, seem like they might be better managed with a rod- not only for mitigating the increase in spell level, but also for the ability to apply metamagic on the fly. persistent spell looks good for sod. and do people mostly use extend for 10 min/lvl spells, or hour/lvl spells? any thoughts?

7. persist
9. reach?
11. divine interference
13. quicken
15. spell perfection- summon monster 5 (quicken) primarily for babau to spam dispel magic
17. spell perfection- wall of stone (quicken)
19. spell perfection- heal (reach)?

QuackParker
2014-04-19, 06:14 PM
You may be much too far long for this, but might I recommend the Priest 3rd party class?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/adamant-entertainment/priest

It optimizes the cleric for the role of a caster. They can still take any feats a cleric could and function very similarly.

drack
2014-04-19, 06:49 PM
I like divine metamagic with reach spell. It's a metamagic and lets you reach some of the touch heal spells on the fly to people who need them. May not be worth it in some cases though. I also quite like twinning... else there's some free ones like energy substitution or invisible spell.

khachaturian
2014-04-19, 07:02 PM
the priest does look pretty great, but i don't think third party stuff would really be on the table. it seems to flavor like the cloistered cleric in 3.5. maybe a little better, but harder to compensate for in the absence of knowledge devotion, divine power and dmm shenanigans

- tons of skill points
- extra domain spell
- free knowledge domain
- bardic knowledge
- increased channel damage

in exchange for
- d6 hp
- 1/2 bab progression
- lose medium armor/shield proficiency.

drack
2014-04-19, 07:05 PM
Peopl;e say "DMM schnanbigans", but they really just mean metamagic schnqanigans with persistant spell.....

Edit: whoops, this is pathfinder, not sure how much weight my words should hold =p

QuackParker
2014-04-19, 09:22 PM
I think if you convince your DM to honor Priest like other Cleric archetypes (which it essentially is, just rather expansive in what it alters) then I see no reason it should be banned. Its inclusion doesn't necessitate including other 3rd party material like some other non-Paizo content.