PDA

View Full Version : The Grim Saga

Philemonite
2014-04-18, 05:50 AM
There are moments that completely change your life. Sometimes they are subtle and you don't really realize what is going on until it is to late to change anything. Sometimes they are blunt and direct. Sometimes they happen naturally, as a part of your of your destiny. However, sometimes a force much greater than you can imagine interferes in your life, moving it in a completely opposite direction. This is only one of many such stories.

For an ordinary person tracking down someone who didn't want to be found would probably take months and yield minimal or no results. For someone as gifted as Ken'ichi it only took a few days. Louis Cyphre, the guy that sent him the link to the devil's network. At least that's what little leads he had point to. Even if he is not directly involved, he is connected somehow.
At the first glance the house looks normal, no signs that someone gifted lives here. Still, the name on the mailbox says Cyphre, so it's got to be the right place. The question is, what now?

The new experience was thrilling to say the least. Words could not describe what Eli felt, but the excitement was soon cut short by a creepy voice from the darkness:
"Excellent, one more for my collection."
There was something in that voice, some irrational fear, and for a moment it paralyzed him. Luckily, this moment soon passed, and he was ready to call upon his newfound Persona.

His dealings with the devil's network lead Alasdair to the name Louis Cyphre, a young man who has a lot of influence in the network itself. After almost a month of research he manage to track him down. Surprisingly, the man was a local, and his address was not that hard to find. There are some other leads that can be followed, but this one is by far the most tempting.

Essentially, you can go to his house, or I can give you something else.

Before he had a chance to look around the town Soga was intercepted by a young, dark haired man. His face was remarkably plain, but his attire was formal, he was probably coming from some kind of business meeting.

"Welcome, brother, it is a pleasure to finally meat you. I am David, I believe our mutual friend has told you about me. I will be your connection to the Brotherhood. The news of your arrival has preceded you. We are very fortunate that someone as experienced as you will be assisting us. This recent rush of murders has us all worried. We know that if the culprit is not found soon the Brotherhood will be blamed, and we can not allow that."

Your contact did inform you of the Brotherhood, a group of people that were infected with the Atma virus, but beyond that you don't really have any information about them.

Cogsrow
2014-04-18, 08:29 AM
-Ken walks up to the front door, he reaches up and fixes the wrappings around his face, no reason for people to be able to see any features, he'd feel his DS vibrate with a message, probably another failed auction, he had **** luck recently. Well lets see what happens, he reaches up and knocks on the door-

Xhosant
2014-04-18, 09:42 AM
"Welcome, brother, it is a pleasure to finally meat you. I am David, I believe our mutual friend has told you about me. I will be your connection to the Brotherhood. The news of your arrival has preceded you. We are very fortunate that someone as experienced as you will be assisting us. This recent rush of murders has us all worried. We know that if the culprit is not found soon the Brotherhood will be blamed, and we can not allow that."

Soga's initial reaction was that of alarm. He'd hoped his arrival would be less noticed, even by an alleged friend and ally, and that worried him (let alone how swiftly he was recognized).

"First thing first, how was I so easy to recognize, and where did you find out about my arrival? Does anyone outside of the Brotherhood know?"

Penguinator
2014-04-18, 01:41 PM
Alasdair inhaled deeply as he reached to knock on the man's door. Such an easy location meant this was likely a trap. He knew very little about the man, and had no idea who had initially given him a link to the man's network. As such, he kept his other hand on his phone, demon summoning app at the ready. One last breath as he adjusted his tie. He looked at his phone, looking to his demons. "Angel... Someone must be watching me. They wouldn't let me just..." He summoned his courage and rapped at the door.

Cogsrow
2014-04-18, 02:32 PM
-Ken'ichi turns to look at the guy that was walking up and knocking, he had moved to the side of the porch out of sight from the street, old habits dying hard. he stands there mildly in the shadows waiting for the other man knocking to notice him, if he doesn't he would still stand there waiting for lou to answer the door-

Penguinator
2014-04-18, 02:56 PM
-Ken'ichi turns to look at the guy that was walking up and knocking, he had moved to the side of the porch out of sight from the street, old habits dying hard. he stands there mildly in the shadows waiting for the other man knocking to notice him, if he doesn't he would still stand there waiting for lou to answer the door-

Alasdair heard someone else breathing, and turned to look. Perhaps... this was the trap?
...Just a kid. Alasdair summoned his teacher voice, giving a somewhat commanding, "Hello, young man. What brings you here?"

Cogsrow
2014-04-18, 03:20 PM
-Ken'ichi raises an eyebrow, he was 22, what ever he was talking about he's obviously an idiot. So he adjusts his face wraps so his face is still completely covered but the eyes- standing quiet obviously, and waiting

Penguinator
2014-04-18, 10:13 PM
-Ken'ichi raises an eyebrow, he was 22, what ever he was talking about he's obviously an idiot. So he adjusts his face wraps so his face is still completely covered but the eyes- standing quiet obviously, and waiting

Alasdair raised an eyebrow. Sarcastic little bastard. Plenty of those in his line of work. He was going to say something, but decided against it. It just wasn't worth it. He turned and left. He would return some other time.

Turneround360
2014-04-19, 06:36 PM
The new experience was thrilling to say the least. Words could not describe what Eli felt, but the excitement was soon cut short by a creepy voice from the darkness:
"Excellent, one more for my collection."
There was something in that voice, some irrational fear, and for a moment it paralyzed him. Luckily, this moment soon passed, and he was ready to call upon his newfound Persona.

The voice called forth something deeply ingrained in him, maybe all humans, but its effects a but brief, he could feel something else inside fighting back against it and again his body already new the motions, the gun already against his head, his finger already on the trigger. A crisp clear sound of something shattering and a being bathed in blue light emerges.

Dressed in pink and blank in a mix of traditional and Gothic cultures, the female humanoid steps forth from behind Eli and stands protectively in front of him

A name floats into his head 'Maia', along with a myriad of other whispers, which Eli ignores for now "I'm not part of anybodies collection, whatever you are, I'm my own man and don't you get any ideas otherwise!"

Philemonite
2014-04-21, 08:08 AM
Soga's initial reaction was that of alarm. He'd hoped his arrival would be less noticed, even by an alleged friend and ally, and that worried him (let alone how swiftly he was recognized).

"First thing first, how was I so easy to recognize, and where did you find out about my arrival? Does anyone outside of the Brotherhood know?"

David's face showed signs of shock for a moment, but he soon realized what was going on.
"I apologize, I assumed you were told that I will be waiting for you. This is a very small town, any newcomer will be easily recognized. Especially one that is hiding an Atma Brand. As far as I know nobody outside of the Brotherhood knows about your arrival, but I am sure that is going to change soon. We have prepared a room for you at our headquarters, you can rest if you are tired from your trip."
The nervousness in David's voice leads you to think it is his first time as a host.

"I'm not part of anybodies collection, whatever you are, I'm my own man and don't you get any ideas otherwise!"

"Not yet, but you soon will be. Two for the price of one. I can't imagine anything better."

Before you have a chance to answer you hear a voice behind you:
"Not today you psycho. Eat my crystal dust."
Suddenly, a flurry of icicles appear out of nowhere, creating some kind of ice wall between you and the voice in the darkness.
"Come on you dummy, we need to escape. Or do you want to face that thing yourself?"

Ken'ichi and Alasdair

Before the situation escalates into a conflict a loud squeal turns your attention to the door. As it opens a young man in his early twenties looks at you in a surprise.
"Good evening. Is there something I can help you with?"

Xhosant
2014-04-21, 10:46 AM
David's face showed signs of shock for a moment, but he soon realized what was going on.
"I apologize, I assumed you were told that I will be waiting for you. This is a very small town, any newcomer will be easily recognized. Especially one that is hiding an Atma Brand. As far as I know nobody outside of the Brotherhood knows about your arrival, but I am sure that is going to change soon. We have prepared a room for you at our headquarters, you can rest if you are tired from your trip."
The nervousness in David's voice leads you to think it is his first time as a host.

Soga wasn't exactly soothed by the guy's nervousness, but he decided he could afford to play along. "All right, lead the way. And take the popular route through the town, if possible. Might as well get a feel for this place."

And keep an audience present, he thought to himself. Wary not to follow the man anywhere suitable for an ambush, he starts walking after him, taking in as much of the surroundings as possible.

Penguinator
2014-04-21, 03:49 PM
Before the situation escalates into a conflict a loud squeal turns your attention to the door. As it opens a young man in his early twenties looks at you in a surprise.
"Good evening. Is there something I can help you with?"

Alasdair slipped the man a business card, nodding. "Ah, yes, here. Give me a call at this number when you are less busy. Good evening."

And with that, he continued on towards his home.

Turneround360
2014-04-22, 04:25 AM
"Not yet, but you soon will be. Two for the price of one. I can't imagine anything better."

Before you have a chance to answer you hear a voice behind you:
"Not today you psycho. Eat my crystal dust."
Suddenly, a flurry of icicles appear out of nowhere, creating some kind of ice wall between you and the voice in the darkness.
"Come on you dummy, we need to escape. Or do you want to face that thing yourself?"

"No thanks, I'll give that one a pass" Eli quickly passes comment before taking the advice and hightailing out of there. Away from whatever that was, not that he was sure of what or where he was running from

Cogsrow
2014-04-22, 06:25 PM
-Ken waits for the man to leave, he then tugs the wrappings up a bit out of habit- Are you lois Cyphre? -he asks looking the man over carefully-

Philemonite
2014-04-24, 01:48 PM
Soga wasn't exactly soothed by the guy's nervousness, but he decided he could afford to play along. "All right, lead the way. And take the popular route through the town, if possible. Might as well get a feel for this place."

And keep an audience present, he thought to himself. Wary not to follow the man anywhere suitable for an ambush, he starts walking after him, taking in as much of the surroundings as possible.

At first glance the town looks very dull. David tries his best to show you everything there is, but this ends up with him telling you where you can find the sweetest strawberry pie in town. You don't really understand how, but that ends up as the most useful information, since you don't see any value in David's words. When you reach the headquarters, a small inn in the discreet part of the town, Davis gives you the key to your room and informs you that he will be waiting in the diner across the street in two hours. This gives you plenty of time to settle down, and maybe explore your surroundings a little.

Alasdair slipped the man a business card, nodding. "Ah, yes, here. Give me a call at this number when you are less busy. Good evening."

And with that, he continued on towards his home.

A few minutes after you leave a person you presume is Louis you receive a message through your COMP.

"It has come to my attention that you are trying to find me. I will be happy to answer some of your questions, but we need to meet at a safe location. I will be at the beach at the stroke of midnight. Come alone, and make sure you bring your COMP. There is sure to be some trouble.
L.C."

"No thanks, I'll give that one a pass" Eli quickly passes comment before taking the advice and hightailing out of there. Away from whatever that was, not that he was sure of what or where he was running from

"It's a good thing you decided to listen to me. Assuming you are interested in keeping you pulse."
A girl in her late teens appears from the mist. At the first glance she looks like a normal teenage girl in a rather short skirt, but there is something different about her, even though you can't really determine what.
"I don't think you want to rush into town with that in your hands." She points at your gun.

-Ken waits for the man to leave, he then tugs the wrappings up a bit out of habit- Are you lois Cyphre? -he asks looking the man over carefully-

"Yes, I am." The boy answers, still confused. "What is this about?"

Xhosant
2014-04-24, 02:09 PM
At first glance the town looks very dull. David tries his best to show you everything there is, but this ends up with him telling you where you can find the sweetest strawberry pie in town. You don't really understand how, but that ends up as the most useful information, since you don't see any value in David's words. When you reach the headquarters, a small inn in the discreet part of the town, Davis gives you the key to your room and informs you that he will be waiting in the diner across the street in two hours. This gives you plenty of time to settle down, and maybe explore your surroundings a little.

Soga's reservations loosen as the tour progresses. The man didn't seem to hold an agenta, nor did he come off as a cunning fellow. If someone had tried to intercept his eventual meeting with the Brotherhood, this man wasn't him.

He allowed himself to relax and enjoy the tour, dull as it was, paying more attention to his surroundings than the man's words. Eventually arriving at the headquarters' facade, he went to his room, dropped off his sack, and decided to look around the inn and its neighborhood. Perhaps a little more sneakily and nosily in the first, than the second.

Cogsrow
2014-04-24, 05:35 PM
-He takes out his DS- Well I had questions about this

Penguinator
2014-04-24, 07:52 PM
Alasdair shuddered a little at the message. Meeting alone? Possible danger? Not the kind of thing he wanted to rush into. But, at this point, it would be better than trying for the house again.