PDA

View Full Version : The Broken Gate (Ch. I)



Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Ayrynthyn
2007-04-26, 08:07 AM
Thorael of Baelsgreen
{table]Thorael (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1980190&postcount=2)|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
hp:23/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
Arcane Spells Readied
(4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
(4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
(4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Knock, Knock, Invisibility, Invisibility
(3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Ray of ExhaustionGilly{table]Gilly (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm)|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]
For ages Thorael drifts through his subconscious. Fields of green green grass. Woodchucks frolicking in the meadow. Deer scamper though the tree line, as a hoard of Goblins come pouring out of the wood. Scorching Rays springing from their eyes. Fire engulfs the meadow, burning, destroying everything. Thorael looks down at Gilly who looks up innocently at him. Together they shrug...as consciousness returns to the Mage. "OUCH... Well i can see why they did away with this Old magic. New magic is much much nicer. Oiy..." Shaking the cobwebs from his head, he half pays attention to Calthorics words. "Yeah yea... side quest. sounds good. We need the cash anyway. We can spend some time lookin for additional information on our friend here as well. I need to complete my work with the mage across the way. Plus i need to start replacing my magical artifacts... all of which takes coin. Did... did the reforging take?"

{table="width=100%"]Spot|[roll0]|Listen|[roll1][/table]

crimson77
2007-04-26, 09:20 AM
Setting the Pummel and handlehttp://img341.imageshack.us/img341/4378/handlewu8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)+http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/967/pummeldy5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)=http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6474/pummelhandlecq6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

After a long day, you settle down in your rooms to sleep. The morning comes too quickly and soon everyone is up.

Finn523
2007-04-26, 07:10 PM
{table]Bolvar| Human | Barbarian | LVL 6 | CG |MED
hp: 47/52 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 16/11/15 | Breastplate
Melee Atk | +9 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
SV | Fort +8 | Ref +3 | Wil +2|
STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
[/table]
{table] Listen(1d20) = 10 spot[(1d20) = 16[/table]

Bolvar frowns deeply when he hears that the bounty hunter captain thinks he has the wrong man. "That man will not recieve a fair trial in anyway. He will simply be killed for something he never did. While we don't have the responsibility to go around writing the worlds wrong, I do feel we should help him out. However, if we are going to go through with this quest of completing the rod, we should figure out where the next peice is instead. Do the whole save the world thing."

Wildboy
2007-04-27, 07:39 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 37/37 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 13/13/10 | Nobles Cloths
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12[/table]

"That is very true Master Bolvar however we have no idea where to look and the prisoner mentioned to me a associate of his that has information of many things in this region. I believe by accomplishing this task we can get a clue to our next piece or at least a direction to travel. However this must be a group choice."

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

Ayrynthyn
2007-04-27, 08:18 AM
Thorael of Baelsgreen
{table]Thorael (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1980190&postcount=2)|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
hp:23/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
Arcane Spells Readied
(4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
(4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
(4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Knock, Knock, Invisibility, Invisibility
(3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Ray of ExhaustionGilly{table]Gilly (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm)|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]

Thorael gets up, stretches and scratches his elfly bits. Looking around for a bit to eat and drink, he comes upon Calthoric and Bolvar deep in the previous nights conversation. "Right Right...Right you are Bolvar. Poor sap, rottin in jail. The bits of our compatriot can wait a bit i think. Research, information gathering, all of these things take coin. I have promised my services by day to the magic shoppe across the way. I have the capability of crafting items of magic. These items will be able to aid us on our epic quest, but cash is, again, fairly important... I understand that my input is not really requested, but if it were, my vote would be anything that could put some coin in our pockets and quickly..."

{table="width=100%"]Spot|[roll0]|Listen|[roll1][/table]

Finn523
2007-04-28, 02:19 AM
{table]Bolvar| Human | Barbarian | LVL 6 | CG |MED
hp: 47/52 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 16/11/15 | Breastplate
Melee Atk | +9 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
SV | Fort +8 | Ref +3 | Wil +2|
STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
[/table]
{table] Listen(1d20) = 10 spot[(1d20) = 16[/table]

"Well, I have nothing to do in this city, I guess I will go to find a temporary work to earn us some travel money. I still have the amount that we split evenly from before. Since I am not very good at the whole thinking part, I will just work to help pay for stuff." When the group seperates, Bolvar will head to the dock area, looking for work in doing whatever he can. He will take any job offered as long as it requires no thought, and pays in coin.

Chu
2007-04-28, 09:42 AM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 1
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 1
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
Thinking for a moment, she looks to Calthoric. "I suppose there's not much I can do besides help you gather some information, though I'm not incredibly well-versed in it. If anything, I suppose I can be your "hired bodyguard"..." She smirks, then turns to Thorael. "Did you want to hold on to the item...? Or shall I?"

Ayrynthyn
2007-04-30, 08:53 AM
Thorael of Baelsgreen
{table]Thorael (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1980190&postcount=2)|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
hp:23/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
Arcane Spells Readied
(4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
(4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
(4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Knock, Knock, Invisibility, Invisibility
(3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Ray of ExhaustionGilly{table]Gilly (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm)|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]
"Well you've done such a..."Thorael squeezes closed his eyes, and grimices as if in some discomfort. After a small pause you can see his mouth moving as if counting. "...9 ...10. Please Rasellia, keep it. We all agreed that you should bear the gift until such time as you or Solace no longer wish it."The wizend mage crosses his arms, and shoots a glance at Calthorik before leaning back in his chair.

Man, i tried to post about 7 times over the weekend. Stoopid intraweb!!{table="width=100%"]Spot|[roll0]|Listen|[roll1][/table]

crimson77
2007-04-30, 09:51 AM
Ayr –

At ‘Ye Old Magic Shoppe,’ you spend most of the day working, filing, mixing things, looking up recipes, etc. During a lull in customers coming in the owner looks at you and smiles. “I get the feeling that you have not been forthright in telling me why you are here. I understand that you have secrets that you wish to keep; however, I might be able to help you more that you realize. I have an associate, a historical librarian, who might give you the answers you seek. He owes me a few favors I could get you a meeting if you wish. He is not one to trifle with. Let me know what you think.”
__________________________

Wild/Chu –

You go out looking for information. You find a seedy tavern that seems to be full of individuals willing to give out some information for a few coins. (gather information check)
DC 10The House of Nord and the House of Istar are in a trade war
DC15The head of the house of Nord, Ivar, was kidnapped and his body was later found outside the city. He named his killer after he was resurrected.
DC 20Ivar suggested that the son of the head of Istar, Alvin, killed him.
DC 25Ivar hired a dwarvin bounty hunter to track down Alvin, which they did.
DC 30The dwarfs are refusing to hand over Alvin.
DC 50If you are reading this then you are cheating
__________________________

Finn –

You head down to the docks, there seems to be many ships unloading their goods. You find a captain whose crew seems to be struggling getting thing unloaded. The captain offers you one gold piece for a days work unloading.
__________________________

Wildboy
2007-04-30, 12:04 PM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 37/37 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 13/13/10 | Nobles Cloths
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12[/table]
Calthoric smiles at Rasillia's comment and give an approving nod to thoreal. "One can never have too many body guards however I think this day you will be my hired escort. He chuckles to his own comment and flashes Rasellia a wink.

As they head to the part of town Calthoric knows best he can sense Rasellia's alertness rise. After talking with a number of people the only information that was able to be had was of another house in conflict with the House of Nord. This gave him an idea. He quickly began to spread a rumor that the house of Nord is trying to frame the house of Istar for some item taken from the Red Mage Tower. He also spreads the rumor that more information can be found at the Silver Steed Inn through a person called Fredrick. With that Rasellia and himself return to the Inn and wait for the results of there ploy.



{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8|Gather Information|[roll0][/table]

Finn523
2007-04-30, 02:12 PM
{table]Bolvar| Human | Barbarian | LVL 6 | CG |MED
hp: 47/52 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 16/11/15 | Breastplate
Melee Atk | +9 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
SV | Fort +8 | Ref +3 | Wil +2|
STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
[/table]
{table] Listen(1d20) = 10 spot[(1d20) = 16[/table]

As Bolvar moves about, he whistles a sad tune to himself. "Ah, this the life! Just pick up stuff and move it. None of this, "I won't abandon the inanimate rod" or "Save the goblins while I talk morethen anyone should!" crap. Just lift from the legs, not the back. I love it!" Bolvar really gets into unloading the ship, working as hard and fast as he can.

crimson77
2007-04-30, 09:38 PM
After a few hours of waiting, three red wizards and their six body guards enter the Silver Steed Inn looking for Fredrick. You overhear on of the mages asking the innkeeper, "Where can I find Fredrick." The Innkeeper shrugs.

Ayrynthyn
2007-05-01, 07:30 AM
Thorael of Baelsgreen
{table]Thorael (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1980190&postcount=2)|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
hp:23/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
Arcane Spells Readied
(4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
(4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
(4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Knock, Knock, Invisibility, Invisibility
(3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Ray of ExhaustionGilly{table]Gilly (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm)|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]
Raising an eye at the Mage, Thorael glances at the gentlemen."Forthright? I've spoken no untruths, but you're very astute in discerning that which i haven't said, and you will forgive me if remain silent on that topic for now. I have witnessed a Priest charm one of his most loyal to gain a bit of the information we... suspect. I really need to identify and answer a few questions of my own before i can even know what to ask... who to trust. I will say that i am a craftsman by trade. An Artisan. Imbuing magic into works of art and craft a passion. These are the topics that i seek, although again... this is not the full story. And i fear that time is short. No more than a weeks march north, i witnessed a dragon flying away into the night, only find the inn we were stayin at in flames. A bandit hideout, the scene of a masacre where the blood was still warm and not a body to be found, and an orcish witch... a seer, speak only of escaping, a warlock and his legions before passing on." Thorael looks around, and seems to be thinking a bit. "Your offer is quite generous. I would be foolish to turn it down, but i must know what i need to ask before i seek out those wiser than me."

[roll0] Feel for his purpose for being soo... generous
[roll1] if needed... (yikes){table="width=100%"]Spot|[roll2]|Listen|[roll3][/table]

crimson77
2007-05-01, 09:25 AM
"I know that you have come seeking answers, it is what brought you to my shoppe in the first place. I am sure you have been to the red tower, maybe with limited success. They are not always open to non members finding answers and I see no pledges pin upon your collar. These things lead me to believe that you have not found what you are looking for. My associate can give you answers and even I will not know what you asked him. I know that I am generous, it is my fault, and it has kept my business from growing large. I am always willing to aid a potential friend. All I will ask in return is a favor from you later, when you become more powerful."

Wildboy
2007-05-01, 09:31 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 37/37 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 13/13/10 | Nobles Cloths
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12[/table]

Calthoric looks to Rasellia and shakes his head. Leaning over he gives a low whisper. "we do not want their information we are waiting for someone to appear from the house of Istar. Hopefully to use their feud to our advantage" Calthoric watches the mages with mild interest enjoying his drink.

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-05-01, 11:20 AM
The mages look around the room and then shout to the near empty common room, "We are look for Fredrick,We have gold to pay for his information or even information regarding where he can be found."

crimson77
2007-05-01, 07:32 PM
Ayr –

You step out of the magic shoppe to help a customer load something into a car when…

Finn –

You are loading something onto a boat when…
_____________

…you hear people start to scream causing you to look up. In the sky, you see a red dragon smash down upon a tower to the north side of town. Its tail smashing into the roof of another as it breaths fire down upon the street. People start fleeing south as the dragon takes up flight and flies near Thoreal breathing fire down upon buildings adjacent and then over Bolvar setting fire to a ship next to the one he is loading. You see a rider upon this dragon clad in black; the dragon flies out over the river and you can only see a red siloloate against the afternoon sky.

Rasellia, Solace screams into your mind. “It is near, it is near, this is BAD…he must have sensed us when Thoreal fused the pummel. Hopefully, the pummel will work against his scrying. I feel his presence leaving; he must not be able to sense our present location”.

Chu
2007-05-01, 10:32 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 1
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 1
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
Trying her best not to fume at the "escort" comment, her right eye merely twitches a little. "Just... lead the way..."

Raising her eyebrows at Solace's urgency, she responds to Calthoric in an equally-low tone. "...Just tell me when we have to go... I hope it's soon... he's here..."

Finn523
2007-05-01, 11:56 PM
{table]Bolvar| Human | Barbarian | LVL 6 | CG |MED
hp: 47/52 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 16/11/15 | Breastplate
Melee Atk | +9 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
SV | Fort +8 | Ref +3 | Wil +2|
STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
[/table]
{table] Listen(1d20) = 10 spot[(1d20) = 16[/table]

Bolvar drops whatever crate he was moving and drops to the ground when the dragon goes over head. "We should have left sooner". He then stands and starts shouting at the nearby people. "Run! Don't stand around and watch that thing burn stuff. Move away from the boats and into the city proper." Bolvar then takes his own advice and starts running for the inn. When he reaches the inn a few minutes later, he bursts through the door, frantically looking for his party members.

Ayrynthyn
2007-05-02, 11:53 AM
Thorael of Baelsgreen
{table]Thorael (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1980190&postcount=2)|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
hp:23/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
Arcane Spells Readied
(4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
(4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
(4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Knock, Knock, Invisibility, Invisibility
(3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Ray of ExhaustionGilly{table]Gilly (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm)|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]
Thorael walks back into the magic shop. "Looks like it was a red. Thought it might be a red, fire and all of that. In the dark, looked more like a blue. Could have been magic after all, but a Red makes sense. So like i said... seems times a bit short. Perhaps i will go and see this... historian of yours."

{table="width=100%"]Spot|[roll0]|Listen|[roll1][/table]

crimson77
2007-05-02, 12:04 PM
"If you are interested in meeting with him, then he will find you. Just let me know. He is a very busy man."

Wildboy
2007-05-02, 12:08 PM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

"Then it is time to find the others I am going to my room and changing into my armor. We'll wait for the others and leave here. I wish we had more time as gold and information seem to be available." Calthoric lets out a sigh at the missed opportunity while heading to him room. He quickly changes into his armor and returns as the others arrive.

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

Ayrynthyn
2007-05-03, 05:11 PM
Thorael of Baelsgreen
{table]Thorael (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1980190&postcount=2)|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
hp:23/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
Arcane Spells Readied
(4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
(4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
(4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Knock, Knock, Invisibility, Invisibility
(3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Ray of ExhaustionGilly{table]Gilly (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm)|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]
Nodding Throael goes back to his work. "I'm not going anywhere... I just wish i knew how to imbue items with magic. I feel as if i should be able to. I feel as if i've had the ability to for over a hundred years. I just seem to lack the knowledge of how to make it work. Odd eh? Someday perhaps i'll figure it out. Perhaps your historian will be able to give me some tips while we're at it. Priority for me right now, however, has to be coin. It appears that i cannot even attract a proper apprentice. Where i come from, apprentices come prepared to study." Thorael glares at Gilly. "They have their own Books, and components. They bring their masters something more than just the clothes on thier back. It seems, however, master mage that i will be providing mine with all of these things..."

{table="width=100%"]Spot|[roll0]|Listen|[roll1][/table]

Chu
2007-05-04, 10:11 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 1
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
Rasellia waits in the bar for the others to arrive, anxiously tapping her gloved finger as she hopes that they are indeed coming back sometime soonish. She subconciously places her hand over Solace's pouch, checking from time to time.

Finn523
2007-05-05, 03:57 AM
{table]Bolvar| Human | Barbarian | LVL 6 | CG |MED
hp: 47/52 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 16/11/15 | Breastplate
Melee Atk | +9 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
SV | Fort +8 | Ref +3 | Wil +2|
STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
[/table]
{table] Listen(1d20) = 1 spot[(1d20) = 12[/table]

Bolvar bursts into the inn, and looks around for his comrades. On spotting Rasellia, he moves quickly to her. He does his best to keep his voice down, but has a hard time of it. "Dragon. There is, was, a dragon. It came and burned all the ships. We need to leave. If we stay here, more lives are going to be claimed."

Chu
2007-05-05, 11:45 AM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 1
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
She nods in response to Bolvar's urgenct. "I know, Calthoric is upstairs. Do you know where Thorael went off to? We need to get out of here, at least for now."

Wildboy
2007-05-07, 08:00 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Coming down the stairs and hearing Bolvar's statement a concerned look creases his face. "Thoreal said he would be working at the mage shop around the corner trying to better his skills and be accepted in to the Red Mage guild. We can find him there I suggest we move now. Gathering up his things he moves to the door ready to put this city behind him.

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-05-07, 09:27 AM
Heading down the street to 'Ye olde Magick Shoppe' there is much commotion in the streets. You do not see the dragon any longer and you hear voices of people hoping that the dragon does not return. You enter the magic shoppe the owner smiles at nods to you as you enter, "What can I do for thee?"

Wildboy
2007-05-07, 09:36 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

"We have come for our compatriot Thoreal. It is time to go have you seen him?"

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-05-07, 09:38 AM
"He is in the back room categorizing newt tongues. Thoreal, there are men here to see you." Thoreal comes out of the back room.

Ayrynthyn
2007-05-10, 09:52 AM
Thorael of Baelsgreen
{table]Thorael (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1980190&postcount=2)|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
hp:23/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
Arcane Spells Readied
(4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
(4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
(4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Knock, Knock, Invisibility, Invisibility
(3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Ray of ExhaustionGilly{table]Gilly (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm)|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]
Thorael exist the back room wiping his hands on a dark rag. Tilting his head a bit he looks them over. "What's going on guys?"

{table="width=100%"]Spot||Listen|[/table]

Chu
2007-05-10, 12:04 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 1
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
"We... need to leave now, Thorael. Whoever is after us is here, and Bolvar saw a dragon. We can come back later, but for now, we have to get the city out of danger."

Ayrynthyn
2007-05-10, 02:12 PM
Thorael of Baelsgreen
{table]Thorael (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1980190&postcount=2)|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
hp:23/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
Arcane Spells Readied
(4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
(4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
(4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Knock, Knock, Invisibility, Invisibility
(3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Ray of ExhaustionGilly{table]Gilly (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm)|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]
Thorael discards the grimy rag, tossing it to the side where it lands upon the floor. Gilly quickly scampers up and collects the discarded rag and wanders back off to the store room. The mage looks around and lowers his voice "Why would we want to leave? I mean, I know my opinion is unsought and unheeded, but my sacrifice should allow our friend to remain hidden more so than ever before. Hiding from a dragon, and 'him' will be significantly easier here in a city vs running around the country side. Finding us would be like finding a needle in a haystack. If he should come again, this city has high ranking wizards, guardsmen, and clergy which could mount a defense against the dragon. Not to mention, he would presume we would flee... his attack was designed to flush us out. No, here is the safest place for us... at least for now, although we should consider relocating our sleeping quarters. Give the impression we've fled. Besides... i have business to conduct with a historian who may be able to shed some light on what we're doing."

Wildboy
2007-05-10, 03:54 PM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

"I hear your comments Thoreal and I would say it is a bit easier to find the needle should you burn down the haystack. We still are directionless and can use more information that I do not think we'll be able to obtain outside of these city walls. The reception and actions of a few in this city suggest to me that we need not be wary of more then just "Him." I think it is only wise to wait till night fall and if we do not hear from you historian by then another opportunity lost. I do not wish to stay in this city any longer as I think we are attracting attentions unseen. We have closed our rooms at the inn and shall leave the city under the cover of darkness.

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

Chu
2007-05-11, 11:43 AM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 1
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
Rasellia nods after thinking for a few moments. "I agree with Calthoric here. Perhaps it would be wise, though, to have our... defenses lowered, so that whoever is chasing us can hone in on our location, then put them back up and go in a different direction, in an attempt to throw him off course?"

Wildboy
2007-05-11, 01:59 PM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

"I do not wish to try a feint. I think whoever is looking for us is smarter then that and we do not need to provide him with more opportunities then he already has. Let us travel to a distant part of the city away from its current defenses against whatever dragon they are dealing with. It is none of our affair right now and hope new information presents itself then. Then we'll find out where the nearest village is and head there to gain hopefully a direction." Calthoric nods to the shopkeep and turns to head out. "Oh and we are going to need provisions for traveling. I was robbed so unfortunately the burden falls to the rest of you. Lets obtain our traveling supplies and then sit at a tavern until night. We then travel in the direction of the village.

We will if group decides buy supplies, food, water, etc. for a trip and I plan on gathering information more on the artifacts and the nearest village at the tavern. Once Finn and Chu reply and if they agree I think you can just warp us to night and set us on our way and just let us know if my gather info and theirs should they try turn up anything. Appearently I learned nothing...

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Gather Information|[roll0]
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-05-12, 01:02 PM
When you return to the Inn the innkeeper shakes his head and replies, "I am sorry but I cannot refund your money for the week." You gather up your things and head to a bar on the other side of town. You hear talk of three villages two across the river and one to the far north. There has been no more sightings of the dragon today beyond its fly by. People are still talking about its effects upon the town and their moral.

After finding a place to by supplies (for PHB prices) you settle down into chairs at a middle class pub. A few men are making a commotion in the other corner. They appear to be arguing among themselves.

[Spot check DC 5]You see a symbol upon their tailored shirts that looks familiar
[Knowledge local DC 10 or INT/WIS DC 20]They are wearing shirts with the House of Istar on them

[OOC: someone can roll for Ayr if they would like to if he has Knowledge local]

Chu
2007-05-14, 02:20 AM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 1
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
The half-elf sighs and plunks herself down at a relatively out-of-the-way table, the day of shopping draining on her nerves and her coinpurse. She looks around the pub, enjoying the decency of the establishment. She frowns a little when such decency is disturbed by the arguing men in the corner. Recognizing the coat of arms on their clothing, she decides not to bite their heads off right away, but hones her keen, elven ears in on the conversation, trying to pick up what was being argued about.


Listen check: [roll0]

crimson77
2007-05-14, 09:14 AM
The argument surrounds their brother/cousin who is being kept prisoner by dwarvin bounty hunters for the supposed death of the leader of the House of Nord. They have recently found out that the House of Nord is trying to frame them for stealing a magical item from the red tower. They have lost the support of the Red Tower due to the controversy. They seem to be arguing if they should break in and rescue their brother/cousin.

Wildboy
2007-05-14, 09:18 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Calthoric looks over to the men arguing and listens closely. He knows that usually during a heated discussion tendencies are to to forget discretion and let what normally would be keep quite to spill out freely. "Thank you Lady Rasellia for picking up the supplies it looks like only a few more hours and we will be out of here. I think we'll travel to the village to the far north. We should have enough supplies to do so. I think it would be best if we traveled half the night to gain some distance then camp and resume travel during the daylight hours. What do you all think?" Calthoric looks to the group awaiting their answer.


"while you make your decisions if you will excuse me a moment. Calthoric stands and moves slowly over to the men and speaks to them in a hushed tone. "I apologize for the intrusion but your conversation is far from quiet. I might be able to help you if you can help me. I know the bounty hunter that holds your family member. I am leaving town in a matter of hours and this departure will not be delayed so you have that amount of time to provide me aid or you may not get what I can offer.


{table]Spot|[roll0]|Listen|[roll1]
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-05-14, 09:55 AM
"What do you offer? I can pay in gold.

Wildboy
2007-05-14, 11:11 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Still in hushed tone Calthoric responds "Well obviously gold will part of the payment. What I am offering is simple. I was asked by the bounty hunter to help him out as he too feels he has the wrong man. I do not have the time investigate who the right man is. If you know who the person that did attack the member of the House of Nord or have proof that the house of Nord is lying Give me the information and I will be sure the bounty hunter gets it. My fee for your brothers freedom is 300 gold piece. You have three hours to get me the information or you will have to pay the bounty hunters fee for holding till the information is delivered."


{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-05-14, 02:13 PM
"My brother was up north when the murder was supposed to have occurred. We do not know the culprit but because of the investigation all of our trade has been halted causing us to loose lots of gold. I will give you 1000 gold for the return of my brother alive. Maybe checking into the house of Nord might give you more information."

Wildboy
2007-05-15, 10:42 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Calthoric jaw drops a bit at the price they are willing to pay. He stands there a moment contemplating their offer. "Is there a non house member that can verify that he was up north at the time of the murder? I will get your brother free. For the record who am I speaking with and where can you be reached?. I will send a missive to the bounty hunter and let him know what is happening so he does not make any rash decisions." After hearing their details he says to them that he will be in touch and returns to the rest of the group.

"Have you decided which is the best destination for us? I have some interesting offers from those men that were arguing. It seems our bounty hunter captain has their brother who was the prisoner on the ship. They claim he was up north during the time of the murder of the house member of Nord. They offered a sum of 1000 gold to help free him. This man also said he could get us in contact with someone who might have knowledge of a great many things. I know Master Bolvar aches to be free of the city, though I do not mind it so much I too wish to be traveling with purpose. I will send a missive to the captain and hope he has not already turned him in. What do you all think our next course should be." As he listens to the group he scribbles quickly on a blank piece of parchment a note. He hands it to the barmaid with instructions to deliver it to First Mate Dwak of the bounty hunter vessel on pier 4 telling her he will reward her well for it.

Note reads:
Captain [nameless couldnt find it in past posts though i did ask for it.],
I have found the family of your bounty they say that the bounty was in the north regions during time of murder. Heading to [village that is decided] tonight and will check local tavern for your response. Leave it to the name of Horatio.

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-05-15, 11:59 AM
The Noble says,"He left on a hunting expedition two months ago, the expedition was not for hunting but for something that cannot be named . Therefore, he could not have been here to do the murder and then return north. I am Ven, here is my ring, show it at my house and I will talk with you when you come."

Chu
2007-05-17, 01:06 AM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 1
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
Frowning, Rasellia thinks for a moment. "While I'm in no hurry to leave the city either, and money helps us in our task... you forget our main reason for leaving here; we have been discovered, Calthoric, and unless we leave now, innocents are going to be hurt..." Mulling over this for a bit, she gnaws on her lower lip. "How long will it take...?"

crimson77
2007-05-17, 09:10 AM
The man shrugs at her question, I do not know how long it will take to free my brothers name, but miss, if you are worried about innocents, he is one"

Finn523
2007-05-18, 02:44 PM
{table]Bolvar| Human | Barbarian | LVL 6 | CG |MED
hp: 47/52 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 16/11/15 | Breastplate
Melee Atk | +9 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
SV | Fort +8 | Ref +3 | Wil +2|
STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
[/table]
{table] Listen(1d20) = 10 spot[(1d20) = 16[/table]

Bolvar looks the mans brother, and sighs. "While your brother may be innocent, I am worried about total numbers here. If we stay here, we risk the lives of the town from that dra....why am I saying this?" Bolvar stops himself from spilling more information. "The point is, we need to leave. However, Thorael brought up a good point. Prehaps they will not attack again? Taking the time to right this small wrong will give us time to see if we really need to leave." Bolvar turns to look at Calthoric. "Lets do our best to help this man, but be quick about it."

Bolvar pulls out his money pouch. "It is not much, but it is the money that we earned in getting here. I am no good with numbers, so I cannot say how much it is. However, if we must leave I will gladly spend it for the group to aid us in fleeing this city."

crimson77
2007-05-22, 03:24 PM
After spending most of the day wondering what to do, you head down to the docks to see about heading south. You find a vessel that is leaving in less than an hour. You and the captain barging upon a price, 22 gold to take you and your cart full of your things across the river. He is heading out to sea but knows of a dock to the south that he can let you out upon. Soon, the cart with mule (or horse) is loaded up and you are on your way. You feel the spray of the waves upon your face as you head out into the open river. The journey seems quick for soon you see the other shore. A lone dock appears in the midst of a rocky shore. The boat is anchored a bit from shore. A rowboat brings you and your belongings up to the dock with the cart floating near behind. Soon you are back on dry land packing your things back into a slightly damp cart. The sun is quickly setting in the west as you see your transport sailing off towards the sea. The thought of your previously warm inn bed causes you to sigh, knowing that it will be a bit before you slumber away from the elements.

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/5808/dock001kt7.png (http://imageshack.us)

crimson77
2007-05-23, 09:18 AM
The party is still back in town at the bar...

Chu
2007-05-23, 11:45 AM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 1
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
"Very well. If what you say is true, we'll help you."

After a little while of discussing where to go after said mission, the party makes their way to the Istarian abode and shows the ring.

Wildboy
2007-05-23, 12:48 PM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Calthoric follows Rasillia a short way and notices she is leading the party to the Ishtar residence. "Lady Rasellia I can see you are leading us towards the Ishtar residence. I think you misunderstood what Van has stated. He if we wish to speak to him again we are to approach their abode. I think we should bypass the middle man and head right to the House of Nord. Using the ring we shall mask as an envoy speaking for Van himself and see what information that will lead too. At least that is the plan I have in mind. We have to prove this murder to be false and someone to testify or a paper stating that there is some conspiracy. What do you all think of that plan?"

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

Ayrynthyn
2007-05-23, 01:16 PM
Thorael of Baelsgreen
{table]Thorael (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1980190&postcount=2)|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
hp:23/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
Arcane Spells Readied
(4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
(4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
(4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Knock, Knock, Invisibility, Invisibility
(3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Ray of ExhaustionGilly{table]Gilly (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm)|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]
Thorael speaks in hushed tones. "Thats an awful idea. If they set up the brother for some murder, you going up there as a envoy will either get you killed, or worse... robbed again. Do you not think that they know who's authorized to speak for them. Yes we have the ring, but any pickpocket worth his salt could have acquired that. Feigning as an envoy is a great idea, just not to the house of Nord. We need to find out everything we can about the murder. The house of nord is not the place to start... perhaps we should entertain some other ideas on where to begin. Then again, perhaps i should continue to remain silent."
{table="width=100%"]Spot|1d20+4|Listen|1d20+4[/table]

crimson77
2007-05-23, 04:15 PM
The noble shakes his head, "My brother had nothing to do with the murders, however, i do need to keep our secrets. Maybe you should start asking questions around the house of Nord. Find out who was killed and why they think it was my brother. I know that our house had nothing to gain from his murder and everything to loose. We have lost our status as merchants until the guilty party is brought to justice, that means coins are being lost as our good sit in our warehouse and rot."

Wildboy
2007-05-24, 08:18 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

"Very well, you anonymity will remain, however the House of Nord is our objective. We'll head there and get the information we need. I have an idea and a trick or two that might help in the situation. Let us go and see what comes to bare." Calthoric heads towards the directions given by Ven to the house of Nord.

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-05-24, 11:40 AM
You head down to the Noble houses, after about an hour of walking you find the House of Nord. You see it is quite busy with wagons leaving with goods and men tending to the gardens. It is surrounded by a large steel fence. There is a gate with a few guards standing beside it.



It most likely looks something like this
http://www.hatfield-house.co.uk/photos/Knot%20Garden%20view%203.jpg

Chu
2007-05-24, 12:14 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 1
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
Rasellia follows Calthoric, but says little, the upper class having always grated on her nerves. She knew this situation required delicacy, so she decided it would be better for Calthoric, who seemed to have been born with a silver tongue and a good deal of street savvy, to do all the talking.

Ayrynthyn
2007-05-25, 11:09 AM
Thorael of Baelsgreen
{table]Thorael (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1980190&postcount=2)|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
hp:23/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
Arcane Spells Readied
(4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
(4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
(4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Knock, Knock, Invisibility, Invisibility
(3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Ray of ExhaustionGilly{table]Gilly (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm)|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]
Inhaling deeply Thorael takes in the sights and smells of this noble house. The fragrant flowers remind him so much of home. Impressive for a human dwelling. Looking around he spots the guard house, and sees his companions looking at him. The "oh no" looks on their faces brings a smirk to his, as he strolls up to the guard house leaving gilly behind with the others.

"You there! Apathetic guard person. You seem to be adequately able of guarding... things". The mage pauses a moment allowing his compliment to have it full effect. Continuing on "... I'm sure you get this every day, but we are a cadre of problem solvers who have heard of your terrible terrible loss, our deepest sympathies, truly. What ever reward is being offered is really secondary to seeing that justice is done. A greatly appreciated afterthought, but secondary none the less. You seem to be a..uh.. natural leader among men, and must surely ..em..know all of the goings on here. We wish to throw our exiguous assets and skills at this conundrum. Tell me good man, could you tell us anything about the murder or point us in the direction of someone who could?"

crossing his arms and beaming a large smile, Thoreal is clearly pleased with himself glances back at his compadres, nods and winks before turning his attention back at the gate guard.

{table="width=100%"]Spot|[]1d20+4[]|Listen|[]1d20+4[][/table]

crimson77
2007-05-25, 11:41 AM
The guard seems to notice your presence for the first time. "Ah, terrible it was to have our leader slain, however, we now celebrate that his murder has been captured. Thank the Saint that a priest was near by to raise him from the dead soon after his murder, so that he could name his killer. I am not sure that there is anything left to solve, except maybe why the Dwarves have not returned the captive murderer."

Finn523
2007-05-25, 04:56 PM
{table]Bolvar| Human | Barbarian | LVL 6 | CG |MED
hp: 47/52 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 16/11/15 | Breastplate
Melee Atk | +9 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
SV | Fort +8 | Ref +3 | Wil +2|
STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
[/table]
{table] Listen(1d20) = 10 spot[(1d20) = 16[/table]

Bolvar sighs deeply. "How are we ever going to prove someone innocent when we have a ressurected man to name the killer?"

"Ressurection eh? Sounds like a powerful spell indeed. I only hope it will never need to be casted on myself. I wonder if there is a time limit on the spell? Like, was the leader dead for a day or two and everyone saw the dead body?"

crimson77
2007-05-27, 06:59 PM
"The guard looks confused by Bolvar's comment as looks back to the party to see if they will answer.

Chu
2007-05-27, 08:55 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 1
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
"My suspicions, Bolvar, are that they had a cleric nearby, or probably even on-site, to restore the noble to life... bringing back the ded isn't all that a complicated spell either; had I applied myself, I'd be able to cast such spells myself right now. Granted, they'd be of the lower end of the scale, but..." Blushing as she realizes she's rambling, she shifts her weight from one foot to the other, looking at Calthoric for help.

Wildboy
2007-05-29, 10:18 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Calthoric listens to the party as they make their contributions. Knowing little of the magics to resurrection it seems the most likely way to start investigating. "Yes it is extremely fortunate that a priest was near by. Master Bolvar bring up a good point as well, I too am unfamiliar with the process. How long was this leader of yours dead for? Also did the priest see the murder take place or was he just happening by and found the body? How do we know there was a murder if the supposed victim still lives? Mind you I am merely asking these questions to help aid that justice be done. We would not want the accused to get off on a technicality. After all anyone can say they were murdered and then resurrected, I could state that the same has happened to me and that your sir were the one that killed me. We wish to help solidify the prisoners guilt.

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|[roll0]|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|[roll1]
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-05-29, 10:23 AM
The guard looks a little baffled as you continue to question him"Well, Sir, i believe that he was dead for a little bit before the priest came to help him. His son found the body and called the priest. There is still a blood stain on the carpet where he lay. Is this a formal investigation? Mind you that the city detective was already here several days ago."

Wildboy
2007-05-29, 10:37 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

"Well this is and is not a formal investigation. We are working behind the scenes shall we say. It was brought to the cities legal advisors that the detective investigating the matter was seen talking in a tavern in hushed tones with a member of the Ishtar House. As important as this investigation is we are doing two things here. One to make sure that justice is served and two weeding out any possible corruption in the department. So if you would mind your tongue as too not tip our hand can only benefit your house. Though should word of our investigation get out any possibility of proving corruption as well as ensuring the prisoners conviction could be lost. With that being said if you can now take us to the crime scene as well as to the priest it would be most beneficial.


{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-05-29, 10:51 AM
The guard nods his head, "Let me go tell my boss and see if i can lead you through the crime scene." The guard hurries off and quickly returns. "If you will come with me, i can take you to the crime scene." He leads you through the gardens and into the house. He makes hand gestures to each of the guards as he comes through. You arrive at the library. There appears to be a large blood stain on the carpet. A priest arrives as well, obviously hurried along. "What is the meaning of this, why must i come here now?" The priest questions. "These men are conducting a follow up investigation, your presence is needed here." The priest now turns to you, "What do you need from me, you are interrupting my prayers."

crimson77
2007-05-29, 02:07 PM
[MAP]http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6572/houseofnord001mp4.png (http://imageshack.us)

On you way into the library you pass through what looks to be a large common room that servants are in the process of setting up for a banquet. You can smell food cooking. You arrive at the library (as previous post indicates).


[ooc: I am not sure what details are important to you, you might want to look around or at specific things.]

Finn523
2007-05-29, 07:07 PM
{table]Bolvar| Human | Barbarian | LVL 6 | CG |MED
hp: 47/52 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 16/11/15 | Breastplate
Melee Atk | +9 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
SV | Fort +8 | Ref +3 | Wil +2|
STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
[/table]
{table] Listen(1d20) = 12 spot[(1d20) = 18[/table]

Bolvar smiles and claps Calthoric on the shoulder as they walk to the murder scene. "I am glad you caught was I was trying to say. Words are tough things." When the priest arrives, Bolvar turns to him. "Are you the priest that raised the lord of this house from the dead?"

crimson77
2007-05-29, 07:16 PM
"I am the Priest that raised Lord Nord from the dead. Who might I be speaking with?"

Ayrynthyn
2007-05-30, 08:28 AM
Thorael of Baelsgreen
{table]Thorael (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1980190&postcount=2)|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
hp:23/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
Arcane Spells Readied
(4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
(4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
(4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Knock, Knock, Invisibility, Invisibility
(3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Ray of ExhaustionGilly{table]Gilly (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm)|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]
Glancing up and down the priest, Thorael gives a smile he typically reserves for Rasellia. "My... er our apologies pontiff, I have recently only just begun to understand how you must ask your higher being to grant you purpose in a timely fashion daily in order to be um... er... usef..ah to have um, as mentioned... purpose. We ah..." Shooting looks to both Rasellia, and Calthoric, he seems to reconsider "... er, Sorry. We mean not to inturupt your... you know, i think i'll just be over here" The wizard strolls over to the western wall, and begins looking about not really sure why they wanted to talk to this priest in the first place
{table="width=100%"]Spot|1d20+4|Listen|1d20+4[/table]

Wildboy
2007-05-30, 08:52 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

"We are investigators from the cities legal. There have been some questions to the previous investigator's loyalties so we were sent to see that justice is done. We apologize for the interruption of your prayers this should not take long. I would like you to describe what you were doing the day of the murder from what you were doing to before the body and up to the resurrection. I would like details as well please such as how the body was laying when you found it face up, face down, with what was he murdered with and so on.

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|[roll0]|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|[roll1]
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-05-30, 09:45 AM
"Well sirs..."As he sees Rasellia his face lightens a little "Rasellia, what are you doing here? I have not seen you since the academe. Getting back to your question Sir, I found him face down with a sword going completely through his body. The other investigator only recently returned the sword and they had it remounted. " He points to the wall where an ornate shortsword is hung on the wall. "I was sleeping, as was most of the house I am guessing. I was awoken by one of Lord Nord's sons, Jekel, to quickly come to the study. As house priest, I always ask my true Lord for a Resurrection spell for just these type of situations. I then gave Lord Nord a sedative so he could sleep and then called the guards to search the premises, for which they found nothing. The city watch came soon to ask me the same questions."

[Rasellia]
This priests name is Salven, he tough at the academe where you did some of your training. He was always nice, however, you do not know much about his life

Ayrynthyn
2007-05-30, 07:25 PM
Thorael of Baelsgreen
{table]Thorael (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1980190&postcount=2)|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
hp:23/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
Arcane Spells Readied
(4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
(4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
(4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Knock, Knock, Invisibility, Invisibility
(3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Ray of ExhaustionGilly{table]Gilly (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm)|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]
Thorael looks at the Priest with shock. "Rasellia, You know this Priest?! The last one you knew in this city nearly took.. your life." Turning his attention to the priest. "I should warn you father. Unlike last time, i am prepared to undo any curses you may bestow upon her. Rasellia shall not be charmed so easily This Time!". Thorael takes a semi defensive stance.

Ready Action: Counter spell any Hostile spell from the Priest with Dispel Magic. {table="width=100%"]Spot|1d20+4|Listen|1d20+4[/table]

crimson77
2007-05-30, 07:36 PM
"Rasellia, another priest tried to harm you? Your concerns, Elf, are noted. I do not wish anyone here harm."

Chu
2007-05-30, 07:57 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 1
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
Blinking as the priest calls her by name, she takes a few moments to study the man's face. Her eyebrows raise in sudden revelation as she smiles widely. "Father Salven! I could scarcely recognize you! It's been so long, I... wow, how have things been?" Listening to Thorael's concerns, she chuckles and pats him on the shoulder. "You can put your well-founded fears at ease, Thorael... that other priest was a different story; I had never met him before. Father Salven, on the other hand, I've known since I was a child! If it weren't for him, Gilly, among others, wouldn't be alive today - I've learnt much of what I know from the man you see before you." Beaming proudly throughout this, her expression darkens a bit.
"But what Thorael here says is true, Father... I went to another priest yesterday in the hopes of indetifying some treasure we had... then he led me to a secluded warehouse and had me ambushed... do you know anything of what's going on with the clergy in this city? Forget this little murder mystery... I think there's something very wrong here..."

crimson77
2007-05-30, 10:19 PM
"Another priest attacked you? When did this occur? Perhaps child we should speak about that later, in a more appropriate setting. I too have been hearing rumors such as that. Now were there other questions or can i get back to my prayers?"

Wildboy
2007-05-31, 02:49 PM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Calthoric quietly watches the exchange between the priest and Rasellia. He then quickly responds to the priests question. "Yes there are more questions. I was told that you stumbled upon finding the body and you stated that the son came to get you. Did you notice anything odd about the son? Was his behavior what you would consider normal under the extreme circumstances? Also what was his appearance like, was he in sleeping cloths? did he touch the body before coming to see you? How long would you say the body was dead before you saw it?

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-05-31, 03:24 PM
"More questions, very well then. I am sure that you might have heard all kinds of things. Rumors like to start when there is a death of a noble. The son had blood on his tunic when he came to find me. He checked to see if his father was dead, or so he told me. He seemed to be very worried and stressed out when he awoke me, given the circumstances he seemed to be acting normal. He was dressed in his normal clothing, which is not surprising, the boys do not dress down until right before they sleep. They have no curfew. He told me that he was up reading and when he came to put his book back in the library he found his father dead. He is a night owl, like most of the family. I on the other hand rise before the sun for my morning prayers. I am not sure how long the body had been laying there when I was brought to it. I know that it was still warm. Any other questions? Rasellia, how did you get involved in this investigation. I did not know of any new acolytes entering the city watch."

Chu
2007-06-01, 12:53 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 1
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
Frowning as she recollects the circumstances under which she met up with the party and happened upon this little murder mystery, she shakes her head. "It's a... long story, Father... suffice to say there may be an innocent wrapped up in all of this, and we intend to find out who's responsible for sure..."

Wildboy
2007-06-01, 03:33 PM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

"This is an investigation father, there are going to always be more questions. Since you did not see the attack nor the attacker and my assumption that you have presumably seen dead bodies before, was there anything that might be considered out of the ordinary by the attack? Remnants of any spell components or the like in the area? Calthoric moves to the blood stain and examines the immediate area for any types of what can be used in spell components.

{table]Spot|[roll]1d20+7[/spot]|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|[roll0]|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-06-01, 05:38 PM
"I did not see anything that seemed out of the ordinary for a murdered noble. There was no spell components or their remnants that I know of found." Searching the floor around the bloodstain, you find nothing out of the ordinary

Chu
2007-06-01, 08:42 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 1
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
"Hmmm, perhaps nothing physical... but if we're dealing with powerful magics, then maybe..." She closes her eyes for a moment, uttering a soft prayer before opening them again, staring intently around her, her irises glowing with an unnatural intensity.

Casting detect magic

Finn523
2007-06-02, 03:26 PM
{table]Bolvar| Human | Barbarian | LVL 6 | CG |MED
hp: 47/52 | Init +1 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 16/11/15 | Breastplate
Melee Atk | +9 Greatsword | dmg: 2d6+2 | Ranged Atk | -| -
SV | Fort +8 | Ref +3 | Wil +2|
STR 14 | DEX 13 | CON 16 | INT 8 | WIS 10 | CHA 12
[/table]
{table] Listen(1d20) = 10 spot[(1d20) = 16[/table]

"Well, we have a very reiable person saying the murder really did happen. However, what if the lord and his son got in an argument, and in the moment of things the son killed the lord? One ressurection later, the son just said someone else did it, and the lord sees no reason to say otherwise. "

crimson77
2007-06-03, 02:02 PM
[MAP]http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6572/houseofnord001mp4.png (http://imageshack.us)

Rasellia -
Looking around the room you do detect there are some auras around. However, you have not pinpointed exactly where they are yet

Wildboy
2007-06-04, 11:22 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Calthoric silently cringes at Bolvar's statement. "Thank you father for your information. We apologize for the interruption of your prayer. We appreciate your cooperation. If you can ask the son to visit with us before you return to your prayers will be most helpful." Watching as the father leaves the room and waiting a few more moments to be sure the next statement cannot be heard by anyone else but the current members of his party. "Master Bolvar though I too have the same assumption or at least a similar one of what may have happened, we should not let the members of the House of Nord think that we suspect them of lying. It may cause problems with obtaining the evidence we need to prove it. It can also hinder our investigation with more elaborate lies or a cooperation in the houses attempt to cover up the truth."

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-06-05, 10:14 AM
The Priest nods and walks off. Soon the son enters the room. He looks to be in his early twenties with blond hair and finely cut clothing. "What do you need? Old boring sermon told me that there was some guys in the library wanting to talk with me. Who are you? I got a ridding lesson in a candle mark and I do not want to be late."

Wildboy
2007-06-05, 10:21 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

"Good Eve Lord Jekel. We are an investigating the murder of your father as we have suspicions against the last investigator conducting inquiries. Can you please tell us everything that you recall from the night in question. Old boring sermon as you so put it, informed us that you were the one to find the body.

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|[roll0]|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|[roll1]
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-06-05, 12:03 PM
"Yo, that be right, I found the old man, thought he was passed out drunk again. I was reading the Chronicles of Dradus, a vastly boring book the priest is making me read, I had just finished the book and returned to place it back into the bookshelf when I came across me-old-man, I was wondering why he was drinking here and then when I saw a sword sticking out through him I tried to see if he was still alive, but he was not. Then I ran and got the priest. "

Chu
2007-06-05, 12:17 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
Not paying much attention to the nearby conversation, she continues to peer around the room, letting her eyes focus for a few moments (i.e. 3 rounds) before moving her head again.

crimson77
2007-06-05, 12:50 PM
[map]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/5021/houseofnord001bd8.png (http://imageshack.us)

Rasellia, you see several auras in the room. Two appear to be coming from books and one appears to be coming from the short sword on the wall and the last is coming from the desk in the other room.

Chu
2007-06-05, 07:57 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
The half-elf peers through the doorway, doing her best to make out what sort of aura it is...

Spellcraft check: [roll0]
So she should be able to tell what school it is if the enchantment is of 1st or 2nd level

Pointing over at the desk, she looks at Jekel. "Excuse me, Sir, but might I take a look at what's inside of that desk in the other room? I sense a magical aura coming from it."

crimson77
2007-06-06, 10:29 AM
The guard nods and replies, "Well, you be the investigators, go a head a look at the desk." Rasellia sees an aura of divination, as she approaches the desk the aura seems to be coming from with in the top drawer of the desk.

Chu
2007-06-06, 01:19 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
She approaches the desk and looks at it for a bit, then reaches for the drawer... then stops herself. "...Is it trapped, by any chance...?"

Wildboy
2007-06-06, 01:29 PM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Calthoric walks to the desk and gives it a once over as he contemplates the son's response. If it were I doubt we would get an honest answer. After finishing with his examination of the desk he once again locks eyes with Jekel. "Lord Jekel, you said you found him already being run through, where is the sword now? And this book you were reading... Calthoric snaps his fingers as he waves his hand in a circle as if trying to will his memory to come back to him. "What did you say it was again...Can you show me this book please.

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|[roll0]|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|[roll1]|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|[roll2]
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-06-06, 09:01 PM
The guard shrugs at Rasellia's question and the son does not even seem focused upon Rasellia at the moment. The son smiles at Calthorics questions, The book is Chronicles of Dradus, and it is right here on the shelf. " He picks it off the shelf, you can still see a bloody smudge on the cover that has been has been poorly cleaned up. "Looks like i will have to yell at the maid again, she always does a hasty job. Look even the carpet still has the blood stain. We are just going to have to get better help. It is so hard to find good help. Now the sword, the sword that pertruded through him was this one on the wall, it has been professionally cleaned, a curtasy of the royal investigation after they had examined it. It was my grandfathers blade. I do ask that if you desire to touch it you do so not with your bare hands. The grease from your hands does leave some disgusting smudges. Anything else...what was your name again?"

Chu
2007-06-07, 10:27 AM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]

Looking from Calthoric to Jekel and back again, blinking for a moment at their lack of response to her concern. Grumbling a little, she opens the drawer in which she saw the magical aura emanating from.

crimson77
2007-06-07, 10:31 AM
The drawer does not open, it seems to be locked.

Chu
2007-06-07, 10:33 AM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
Frowning in growing irritation, she walks back out into the main room. "Lord Jekel, there's something magical in that desk, are you aware of it? And may I please take a look at it?"

crimson77
2007-06-07, 01:11 PM
"I do not have the key to that desk, sorry. I do not know of any magical items beyond this sword in this room."

Chu
2007-06-07, 01:15 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
She supresses an irritated sigh. "Well, can you get the key? There is something in there of the divination school... which can be anything from a detection spell to scrying... which would mean someone could be spying on this house."

Wildboy
2007-06-07, 01:29 PM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Pulling out his tool kit he Calthoric waves to Rasellia and walks to the desk and sets it on the table. Looking up from the desk to Jekel he replies. "That will not be necessary Lady Rassilia. Lord Jekel you may call me Calthoric." Looking back at the lock he determines the instruments needed and goes to work. "Now let me see if I understand the order of events. You came in and placed the book back on the shelf when you noticed your father on the floor you rushed to his side and removed the blade and seeing that he was deceased proceeded to the priest for aid. It seems very clear and cut, however I do have a few questions to ask before I dismiss you. Entering your abode we had to pass 5 maybe 10 guards before reaching this point how do you suppose the accused made it in to your home and why did he use a weapon from the wall instead of his own? Also how old is your father that he could not stop him from reaching the weapon before it was used on him? After satisfied with his handy work Calthoric pulls on the draw for Rasellia.


{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|[roll[1d20+9[/roll]|Open Lock|[roll0]
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|[roll1]
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

Chu
2007-06-07, 01:32 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
Rasellia watches, aghast, as Calthoric starts breaking and entering into the desk, right in front of the owner. She looks over at Jekel to see his reaction, if any, but doesn't say anything, though making it quite clear that she wasn't assisting in this casual lockpickery.

crimson77
2007-06-07, 01:54 PM
The young noble stands there with mouth agape as he watches Calthoric open the drawer. "Umm...Calthoric...I'd wish you would wait for my father... He then gives a sigh of relief as nothing happens as the drawer opens. "I am uncertain why my father did not defend himself with the sword or why the assassin used this sword. Also, I am uncertain how he entered the room. Maybe he came through the fire place? You seem well gifted in the use of thieving tools, maybe we should be asking you."

Inside the drawer is filled with envelopes, mostly sealed and a letter opener. The magic seems to be radiating from the letter opener.

Wildboy
2007-06-07, 02:07 PM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Calthoric looks blankly at Jekel. "Lord Jekel, I am investigator and though you are being cooperative most of whom we try to investigate are not so. We have council permission to use whatever means at our disposal to reach the truth. You refused to open the drawer without any further explanation to how it is opened or who it belonged to. I took that as a lack of cooperation and used whatever means necessary. Do not insult me as I am trying to help protect your house name. Just because thieves are able to use "LOCKSMITH" tools do not make them thieves tools. As to you point of asking me, I currently have my theory on how the suspect may have entered the house, I am looking for your explanation to how someone entered someplace you live. My job is to know how people such as murder's and thieves think, it is your job to assist me with the information needed about a house you grew up in as this is my first time seeing it. Lady Rasellia you are free to examine whatever you needed to examine. Lord Jekel you did not answer if my understanding of the order of events was accurate.

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|[roll0]|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|[roll1]
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-06-07, 02:15 PM
"When I saw my father, I rushed to his side, the book got a little blood on in. It was left on the floor as i ran to the priest. The maid later came and too it to try to clean it."

Chu
2007-06-07, 02:19 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
Breathing an inward sigh of relief as the noble doesn't appear angry at Calthoric's intrusion, she takes advantage of the continued conversation and examines the object that was emanating magic.

Wildboy
2007-06-07, 03:06 PM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

"Thank you Lord Jekel, you assistance was most enlightening. If you could find the maid that attempted to clean the book and have her report to me and then bring yourself back with your father. I have a few questions to ask you both when you return. Also if you do not mind I would like to hold on to this book for awhile." When the son leaves Calthoric examines around the sword looking for anything that might jump out at him. He is also checking for traps on or around the sword.

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|[roll0]|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|[roll1]
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-06-07, 03:49 PM
The son nods and quickly leaves. The sword does not seem to have any traps upon it. It is held in place with a few pieces of metal bolted to a board. It could easily be removed. The maid comes in shortly. "Me lord said you requested my presence."

Rasellia looks closely at the letter opener. It is made of bronze and has ornate etching and a hole in the middle of the blade. The etchings seem to make the hole look like an eye. The bronze is slightly warm to the touch.

Wildboy
2007-06-07, 04:03 PM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Hearing a woman's voice Calthoric assumes the maid has arrived. Without turning from the sword he holds the book in his hand. "Do you often clean up after a murder? Why did you try to wipe the stains off this book and why was it moved from it's location? You do realize tampering with evidence is a capital offense? Calthoric touches the hilt of the sword lightly with the bare back of his hand.

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|[roll]1d20+9/[roll]|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|[roll0]
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-06-07, 04:12 PM
"Sir...sir...after the first inquiry they told me that I could clean up. It looks like we will have to replace the rug in this room. I did no tampering, i just cleaned stuff up later when I was told by the investigator that it could be cleaned. I did nothing wrong." Replied the overweight upkept toothless maid.

crimson77
2007-06-07, 06:42 PM
The letter opener looks something like this...
http://www.isramall.com/images/Letteropeners.jpg
but more ornate with an eye instead of a bird and a cross.

Scratch this post....

crimson77
2007-06-07, 07:49 PM
The letter opener looks something like this...

http://www.celticattic.com/treasures/images/gifts/claddagh_letter_opener.jpg

Chu
2007-06-07, 07:52 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
Carefully looking at the blade, she beckons the hoity-toidy elf over. "Thorael, what do you make of this...?"

crimson77
2007-06-11, 10:33 AM
Soon the son returns with his father, a rather large nobleman. "What is the meaning of this... I was told that the investigation was closed. Why are you looking through the contents of my accountants desk? Identify yourselves and show me your badges before I have you escorted out.

Ayrynthyn
2007-06-11, 01:54 PM
Thorael, mesmerized by all of the books on the shelf is pulled out of his torpor by Rasellia's question. "...;looks like a letter opener. Magic items come in two main flavors. Ones that enhance their use and ones that mask it. A spy glass may be enchanted to grant even grater sight. A Horn enchanted to enhance its volume or tone. On the other hand a sword may be enchanted to look like a book. Or.." The intruption of the father promts more commentary from the wizend mage. "Badges?! Cal, you never mentioned badges. I want one!" Turning his attention to the nobleman. "You have quite the collection of eclectic tomes here sir. I am very impressed..."

crimson77
2007-06-11, 02:01 PM
The noble sighs, "Thank you, I have spent quite a bit of time collecting them; however, that still does not explain why you are here in my library."

Wildboy
2007-06-12, 09:11 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

We have no badge's Master Thoreal." Calthoric looks to the father. "We were requested by the dwarf captain to investigate the guilt of his prisoner. There is some question to it. The dwarves feel that perhaps some illusionary magic's were used. Captain had his first mate Dwack inform the council of the investigation and had given clearance to proceed as they too want justice served. If you can tell me Lord Nord what happened that night. How do you know it was the man currently accused?"

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|[roll0]|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|[roll1]
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-06-12, 09:37 AM
[MAP]http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/3459/houseofnord001nx7.png (http://imageshack.us)

"I do not have to answer your questions, you are without either badges or a warrant to be in my home. You are posing as investigators when you are actually adventurers. Please put down my letter opener and my book and the guards will escort you out of MY house. I can and will use force if necessary." Then turning to the guard who brought you in, "I will see you in my office shortly."




[roll0]

Chu
2007-06-12, 09:52 AM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
Hiding a smirk and resisting the urge to say "I toldja so", Rasellia puts the letter-opener back into the desk and closes the drawer. Giving an apologetic bow, she starts heading out.

Wildboy
2007-06-12, 09:59 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

"Thank you Lord Nord you have been most helpful in proving the innocence of the man in question. It is apparent that is nothing more then calf's blood on the carpet and there was no murder as there is no dead. Oh and by the way the red wizard's are curious to what your man was doing in the tower at the time that some artifact went missing. Perhaps when you wish to actually die you can frame another then. Have a good day." Calthoric leaves walks out of the library and towards exit of the house.


{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|[roll0]
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-06-12, 10:05 AM
The nobles face turns red and his eyes narrow and he opens his mouth to say something but then he remains silent and walks away. The guards escort you out to the front gate. You are now on the street again.

Ayrynthyn
2007-06-15, 09:19 AM
Thorael of Baelsgreen
{table]Thorael (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1980190&postcount=2)|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
hp:23/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
Arcane Spells Readied
(4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
(4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
(4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Knock, Knock, Invisibility, Invisibility
(3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Ray of ExhaustionGilly{table]Gilly (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm)|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]

As they walk away from the Nobles house, Thorael turns to the group. "You know, that guards most likely a dead man... yeah?" Continuing to walk, he stares at the ground. "So um... what exactly did we learn there?"

Wildboy
2007-06-18, 09:33 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Calthoric nods to Threal's statement about the guard. "Master Thoreal we have learned that Lord Nord is full of dragon dung. He is hiding something and he is lying. The question is now what and how do we prove it. We need to find an ally and more importantly a witness. Then we'll have to re-enter the House of Nord and obtain the evidence. We might try digging up information at a tavern with more detailed information at our disposal or we can wait and see if the guard that let us in survives he might be willing to change his statements depending on how harshly he is treated. Of course I am open to suggestions on how to proceed."

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-06-18, 06:37 PM
You head out of the noble district and into the market district. There are bars, eating establishments, and many stores selling goods, weapons, and armor.

crimson77
2007-06-19, 01:35 PM
You continue walking into town, your stomach starts growling, but you continue. You come to a large intersection in the road and it continues straight. There is a strong smell of baking bread. The alley looks like it continues with the main road or maybe it is the strong smell of the bakery so you continue on straight.

[MAP]http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1406/town004yj7.png (http://imageshack.us)

You soon realize that this alley does not intersect with the main road and ends in a pile of trash. You hear a creak and then a bang; you whip around and see four bugbears coming out of a doorway with their weapons drawn.

[Bugbear AC:17 (+1 Dex, +3 natural, +2 leather armor, +1 light wooden shield), touch 11, flat-footed 16]

[DM's spoiler]
Bugbear (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/bugbear.htm):16 16 16 16

Chu
2007-06-19, 08:14 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
"What trickery is this?!" Whirling around, preparing to draw her sword, she scowls, then gives an eager grin at the threat closing in. "Foul creatures... using the scent of decent-folks' food to lure them into a trap... I've certainly yet to hear of any bugbear-bakers in town, you Thorael?"

EDIT:

Initiative: [roll0]
Drawing longsword.
Readying action to attack the first one that comes within range and looks about to attack.

Ayrynthyn
2007-06-20, 04:58 PM
Thorael of Baelsgreen
{table]Thorael (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1980190&postcount=2)|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
hp:23/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
Arcane Spells Readied
(4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
(4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
(4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Knock, Knock, Invisibility, Invisibility
(3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Ray of ExhaustionGilly{table]Gilly (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm)|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]
"Not that I'm aware of... although, i like you have only recently come to this city." Giving full attention to the Bugbears, "What purpose have you beasts?!"

[roll0]{table="width=100%"]Spot|1d20+4|Listen|1d20+4[/table]

Wildboy
2007-06-21, 08:49 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Calthoric readies his bow and remains silent. He will release his arrow to the first one to make an aggressive move.



Attack: [roll0] Damage [roll1]

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-06-21, 11:50 AM
[map]http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2537/town004mg2.png (http://imageshack.us)

The creatures move forward quickly as if they are well practiced. The first one attacks Bongo the Mule, the second two go for the large barbarian. Calthoric's arrow harmlessly bounces of one of the bugbears as they advance. The last one holds back as if waiting to fill in a hole in the line. The two attacking Bolvar both miss the large barbarian. However, the one attacking poor Bongo strikes deep causing the poor mule to scream in pain.

[Rolls]
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]

Chu
2007-06-24, 02:04 AM
[ OOC: Ummm... I kinda accidentally editted this post, instead of quoting it... and in the process I destroy what was here before... oopsie :P ]

crimson77
2007-06-25, 06:55 PM
[MAP]http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5750/town004di6.png (http://imageshack.us)

Bolvar freaks out, says "I must find the dancer, do not wait for me I will find you later." and starts running south away from the party. You have never seen the barbarian react this way. You are not sure why, part of you is angry that he is leaving in the middle of conflict, part of you understands that he has other obligations however strange they may sound.

Bolvar takes four three AoO as he rushes away. Only two of the bugbears connect doing 14 damage. He gets away to safety and then breaks into a run.


[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]


Rasellia attempts to slash one of the bugbears but misses. The bugbears then launch into action. Two move forward five feet so that three now surround Rasellia. They all start to attack him and two connect with their morningstars causing Rasellia to suffer 10 damage as they bash into her armor. They then shout out in goblin, "Daven kaler vazen!!!"

Death to the Infidels!

[roll6] [roll7]
[roll8] [roll9]
[roll10] [roll11]


[I]The last one continues his assault on bongo, which he again connects his morningstar to the poor helpless donkey.


[roll12] [roll13]


[DM's spoiler]
Bugbear (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/bugbear.htm):16 16 16 16

Wildboy
2007-06-26, 07:57 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Calthoric quickly draws another two arrows and lets them fly at the bugbear attacking the pack mule.


Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]

Damage 1: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-06-26, 12:26 PM
The two shots miss the bugbears and stick into the wooden building.

[Bugbear Armor Class: 17 (+1 Dex, +3 natural, +2 leather armor, +1 light wooden shield), touch 11, flat-footed 16]

Ayrynthyn
2007-06-28, 04:21 PM
Thorael of Baelsgreen
{table]Thorael (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1980190&postcount=2)|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
hp:23/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
Arcane Spells Readied
(4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
(4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
(4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Knock, Knock, Invisibility, Invisibility
(3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Ray of ExhaustionGilly{table]Gilly (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm)|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]
"Death to the Infidels?!" Bringing his Crossbow to bear, Thorael retorts back in goblin "We know not of these infidels of which you speak, but you shall join them in death!!" sending the crossbow bolt into the ground at the lead goblins feet

Move: Draw XBow
Standard: Fire on N6 Ranged BAB +5 -4 into Melee
[roll0] Miss
[roll1]

{table="width=100%"]Spot|1d20+4|Listen|1d20+4[/table]

Chu
2007-06-28, 07:29 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 34/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
"Tch! Monster! Taste Retribution!!" Kara est, allen UM!! Stepping back, the steadies her blade in a defensive position, pointing her index and middle finger at the closest one.


5-foot step to N4
Casting searing light.
Casting defensively: [roll0] (DC: 18)
Targetting bugbear in O5
Touch attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

crimson77
2007-06-28, 10:26 PM
[MAP]http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/5595/town004hk4.png (http://imageshack.us)

The lead Bugbear is taken aback from bolt of light; unfortunately it does not fall but presses forward along with the two behind it. They continue their assault on Rasellia. One of the bugbears morningstars smashes into Raselia's chest [9 dmg]


[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]


The last one continue to attack Bongo the mule but misses.

[roll6] [roll7]

[DM's spoiler]

Bugbear:2 16 16 16

Chu
2007-06-28, 10:55 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 23/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 1[/table]
Gritting her teeth to bite back the pain, the half-elf tightens her grip around the hilt of her sword. "Damn bastards! Have some more!!" Keeping her guard up, she repeats the incantation, practically touching the bugbear in front of her.


Casting defensively: [roll0] (DC: 18)
Casting searing light on the same bugbear.
Touch attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Wildboy
2007-06-29, 08:58 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:55
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Calthoric growls with frustration as the bugbears keeping dodging his arrows. Again he draws another two arrows and releases them in hops to stop the attack on the mule.


Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]
Damage 1: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-06-29, 11:41 AM
The Bugbear in N5 falls from the two blasts of the spell. The bugbear in the back is still standing after the brutal assault of arrows.

Ayrynthyn
2007-06-29, 11:57 AM
Thorael of Baelsgreen
{table]Thorael (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1980190&postcount=2)|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
hp:23/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
Arcane Spells Readied
(4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
(4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
(4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Knock, Knock, Invisibility, Invisibility
(3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Ray of ExhaustionGilly{table]Gilly (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm)|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]
The wizard turns his attention to the Bugbear wailing on the poor hapless mule. Reloading his crossbow, the goblinish words flow from his lips "This is your last chance to surrender. Face the consequences or Die!!" as he lets fly with his crossbow embedding the bolt high on the beasts arm.

Move: Load XBow
Standard: Fire on P6 Ranged BAB +5 -4 into Melee
[roll0] That should be +1, which is still 20
[roll1]

{table="width=100%"]Spot|1d20+4|Listen|1d20+4[/table]

crimson77
2007-06-29, 12:05 PM
[MAP]http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/526/town004mr7.png (http://imageshack.us)

Two of the bugbears surge forward once again to fill the space for which their comrade opened. Two continue their assault on Rasellia. Only one happens to score a hit upon Rasellia, his morningstar battering against her armor once again. Rasellia winces in pain [4 dmg]. The one attacking poor Bongo starts in on Calthoric. The morningstar comes swinging around and smashes into Calthorics head, he sees stars from the massive hit but manages to stay upright. [12 dmg]


Rasellia
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

Calthoric
[roll4] [roll5] - critical hit

DM spoiler
0, 16, 16, 5

Wildboy
2007-06-29, 02:00 PM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 22/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Seeing the bugbears now change their stance Calthoric quickly drops his bow and draws his shortsword thrusting it with surprising speed at the bugbear between Rasellia and himself


Drop bow - Free Action
Draw Sword - Move Action

Attack N5 - Standard Action
Attack 1: [roll0]
Dmg 1: [roll1]
Sneak: [roll2]
{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

Ayrynthyn
2007-06-29, 02:04 PM
Thorael of Baelsgreen
{table]Thorael (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1980190&postcount=2)|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
hp:23/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
Arcane Spells Readied
(4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
(4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
(4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Knock, Knock, Invisibility, Invisibility
(3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Ray of ExhaustionGilly{table]Gilly (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm)|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]
"GAh!! Filthy Beasts! Gilly, fall back be Smart!!" Taking a step back and to his left, Thorael reloads his crossbow and Takes aim. TWANG. The bolt strikes home, and embeds its self in the beasts shoulder.

Gilly:
Full Withdraw (back 2) Climbing the debris to J6

Thorael:
5' Step : L4
Move: Load XBow
Standard: Fire on N5 Ranged BAB +5 -4 into Melee

[roll0]
[roll1]

{table="width=100%"]Spot|1d20+4|Listen|1d20+4[/table]

Chu
2007-06-29, 08:35 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 19/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 2[/table]
Barely flinching from the relatively weak blow, she switches offsensive modes, fronting her shield and cocking her swordarm back, bringing it whirling down on the enemy who had attacked her mule. "Taste Vindication!!!"


Attacking the bugbear which had been assaulting Bongo.
Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

crimson77
2007-06-30, 12:20 PM
[MAP]http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/765/town004re9.png

Ayr - You will note an inconsistency, Gilly cannot move back 2 squares to J6 because J6 is three squares away and he would have to climb part of a wall. I just moved him back 2 squares.

The remaining bugbears move into action, one takes a five foot move to flank Rasellia and they both now flank her. They attack her, only one scores a hit, his morningstar smashes into her legs, almost knocking her over. Rasellia grunts in pain (8 dmg).


[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

crimson77
2007-06-30, 12:37 PM
The hurt bugbear now approaches Calthoric (5ft step) and attacks him. The bugbears morningstar flies into Calthoric's chest, battering him back (10 dmg). However, his is still able to stand to continue fighting back.

[roll0] [roll1]

Ayrynthyn
2007-07-03, 07:22 AM
Thorael of Baelsgreen
{table]Thorael (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1980190&postcount=2)|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
hp:23/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
Arcane Spells Readied
(4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
(4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
(4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Knock, Knock, Invisibility, Invisibility
(3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Ray of ExhaustionGilly{table]Gilly (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm)|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]

Tucking his crossbow under his arm, the mage begins the complicated gestures that will bring his arcane might to bear. Catching movement out of the corner of his eye, he spot a bugbear making its move. Cursing himself for the momentary lapse of concentration, he grabs the crossbow, spell... wasted.




[roll0] DC 16
[roll1] Touch AC
[roll2]


{table="width=100%"]Spot|1d20+4|Listen|1d20+4[/table]

Wildboy
2007-07-03, 09:57 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 10/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

With a howling growl of pain Calthoric swings his short sword with all the strength he could muster.


Attack: [roll0] +4 BaB +2 flank
Damage: [roll1]
Sneak: [roll2]

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

Chu
2007-07-03, 01:02 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 11/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 2[/table]
Her wounds starting to catch up with her, she starts to mentally regret not trying to learn more offensive spells. Deciding it would be better to be safe than sorry, she turns her attention to the most hurt-looking bugbear, she begins a series of now-familiar gestures, summoning another bolt of fire from her opened palm. She curses aloud as the bright burst of energy careens into the nearby walls, the burst of light cascading onto the ground harmlessly.


Casting defensively: [roll0]
Targeting most-hurt bugbear.
Touch attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

crimson77
2007-07-03, 05:51 PM
[MAP]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/245/town004fb2.png (http://imageshack.us)

Calthoric's mighty sword slash severs the bugbears head from his body in a spray of blood. However, the last two do not seem to notice their fallen comrade but continue their assault on Rasellia. Both of their morningstars connect battering poor Rasellia around. She seems to teeter as if disabled on the verge of loosing consciousness (11 dmg).


[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

Chu
2007-07-03, 06:49 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 0/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 1
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 3[/table]
Slumping against the wall, she glares at her foes through bloody eyelashes, trying to pull her wavering senses together enough to channel her deity's divine powers into her body. "I'm... not done in that easily...!"


Casting cure moderate wounds defensively
Casting defensively: [roll0] DC: 17
Healing: [roll1] 18 HP healed

Ayrynthyn
2007-07-05, 03:00 PM
Thorael of Baelsgreen
{table]Thorael (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1980190&postcount=2)|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
hp:23/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
Arcane Spells Readied
(4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
(4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
(4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Knock, Knock, Invisibility, Invisibility
(3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Ray of ExhaustionGilly{table]Gilly (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm)|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]
"Gilly! Prepare the Rope for the beast!!" Taking a step to his right, Thorael once again attempts to bend the cosmos to his will "PRISE DE FAIBLESSE". A silver beam springs forth from his hand entangled in black and green tendrils striking the beast assaulting Rasellia.


5' Step = L5
Standard = Cast Ray Exhaustion @ M4

Gilly:
Full rnd Action: Draw the 50' Silk rope from his pack

[roll0] DC 18
[roll1] (Exhausted (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#exhausted); DC16 Fort save is still fatigued (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#fatigued))
{table="width=100%"]Spot|1d20+4|Listen|1d20+4[/table]

crimson77
2007-07-05, 03:03 PM
The bugbear becomes exhausted, he seems to slow, his shoulders seem to slump but he still manages to hold on to his weapons.

[roll0]

AC changes to: 14 (-2 Dex, +3 natural, +2 leather armor, +1 light wooden shield), touch 8, flat-footed 14
Attack changes to: Morningstar +3 melee (1d8+0)



SRD
An exhausted character moves at half speed and takes a -6 penalty to Strength and Dexterity. After 1 hour of complete rest, an exhausted character becomes fatigued. A fatigued character becomes exhausted by doing something else that would normally cause fatigue.

Wildboy
2007-07-05, 03:15 PM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 10/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Calthoric watches his swing slice the beasties head off and takes a step to the smelly things surrounding Rasellia.


5 foot step to O5
Attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-07-05, 03:21 PM
[MAP]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1849/town004kq7.png (http://imageshack.us)

The exhausted bugbear turns his attention to the wizard who so cruelly cursed him. He swings his morningstar in the direction of his new nemeses but the swing is wild and completely misses the wizard.


[roll0] [roll1]


Still continuing his assault on the Rasellia, the other bugbear swings his morningstar but must have been confused by something for his swing was also wide.



[roll2] [roll3]

Wildboy
2007-07-05, 03:33 PM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 10/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Calthoric takes another stop to move in behind the bug bear still attacking Rasellia looking for a chink in his armor. Seeing the vital area he was looking for exposed Calthoric thrusts his blade at it with all he can summon.


5 foot step p4
Attack 1: [roll0] +4 bab +2 flank
damage : [roll1]
Sneak: [roll2]

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-07-05, 03:37 PM
Calthoric does a mighty blow to the bugbear, it howls in pain but does not go down. However, you believe that it will soon be knocking at deaths door.


[DM] 16 1

crimson77
2007-07-06, 11:34 PM
[MAP]http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/233/town004yz5.png (http://imageshack.us)

Kedar

Waking up seems very hard for you. You cannot seem to remember how you got into this dark and why your skin feels sticky. Then it all comes rushing back. You were traveling with your two other friends Miska, the friendly fun loving halfing thief, and Raska, the human warrior. You had come around a corner in the street and then it happened you were ambushed in town by a group of Bugbears. One got a lucky blow and knocked you unconscious and everything went dark.

Now as you look around you realize that you are lying on top of two bodes and a pile of bones. Your friends are no more. For some reason, the bugbears thought your unconscious body was actually dead. How very lucky for you and so unfortunate for your friends. You hear battle outside...

You are in R2 you currently have half your HP

Chu
2007-07-06, 11:44 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 29/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 2
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 3[/table]
"Eat my cold steel, you disgusting poltroon!!!" Snarling in rather savage frustration, she swings her sword at her foe once more.


Attacking most-damaged-looking one again
To-hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

crimson77
2007-07-06, 11:47 PM
The bugbear falls from Rasellia's blade...

Bugbear in O4


[ooc: Chu fix your HP]

Ayrynthyn
2007-07-07, 06:23 PM
Thorael of Baelsgreen
{table]Thorael (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1980190&postcount=2)|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
hp:23/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
Arcane Spells Readied
(4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
(4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
(4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Knock, Knock, Invisibility, Invisibility
(3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Ray of ExhaustionGilly{table]Gilly (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm)|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]
The mage looks back at his long time companion. "Now Gilly!!" The diminutive goblin heaves the rope with all his might at the last bugbear. In his best Alfred the butler "It tis done Sir". Seeing the Rope fly overhead, Thorael takes a step to his right, begins his incantation. "NES PAS ENSTRANGE". He pauses half a breath, just enough to see the Rope strike the beast and Fall to the ground. A small flash of silver travels up and down the rope. Grinnning, he shouts his command ENTANGLE!!!"


Gilly's Rope Toss...
[roll0]

Thorael
5' Step - M6
Standard - Cast Animate Rope (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/animateRope.htm)
Move Eq - Command Rope to Entangle (DC 14 Reflex Save)

{table="width=100%"]Spot|1d20+4|Listen|1d20+4[/table]

crimson77
2007-07-07, 07:56 PM
The bugbear becomes entangled in the rope

[roll0] Bugbear reflex save

Dragon Rogue
2007-07-08, 01:14 AM
{table]Kedar Ravenblade|Human|Fighter|6 LVL|CG|M
hp: 28/59|Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|17/12/15|Light
Melee Atk |+9/+4 Bastard Sword|dmg: 1d10+4|+8/+3 Heavy Mace|dmg 1d8+2| +8/+3 Daggers (6)| dmg: 1d4+2
Ranged Atk|+8/+3 Composite Longbow |dmg: 1d8+2|+8/+3 Daggers (6)| dmg: 1d4+2|
SV|Fort +7|Ref +4|Will +4|
STR 14|DEX 15|CON 14|INT 12|WIS 10| CHA 8[/table]

{table]Listen:1d20+4.5 | Spot: 1d20+4.5[/table]

Kedar pushes himself up. Sounds of battle are close by. He glanced around the dim room, spotting his pack nearby. He didn't need the load of his adventuring gear slowing him down but he did want his sheild just incase the fighting wasn't going to benefit him. He slowly made his way to the closed door, pushing it open slightly to peek out cautiously.

crimson77
2007-07-08, 10:48 AM
[MAP]http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6081/town004hu4.png (http://imageshack.us)

The door behind Rasellia opens and two more bugbears stand. However, only one can attack her. The bugbear's morningstar flies into Rasellia battering her once again. The weaken bugbear struggles to get out of the rope but in its weakened state, it is held fast.

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2]

Kader - you see the battle unfolding in front of you with new bugbear threats coming from inside the other building.

Chu
2007-07-08, 12:37 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 26/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 2
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 2
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 3[/table]
"Gah! Is there no end to these savages?!" Stay in position, she turns to face the new threat, concentrating once more to channel holy energy from the heavens through her. "My faith in God protects me..." No sooner does she say that than her armour glints with an unseen barrier of energy, ready to face the refreshed threat.


Casting shield of faith +2 defensively.
Casting defensively: [roll0] (DC: 16)
Shield of Faith: +2 deflection AC. (18/12/18)

Wildboy
2007-07-09, 09:05 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 10/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Panting and trying to catch his breath Calthoric sheaths he sword and moves to where he dropped his bow picking it up preparing to drop this new threat coming from the newly opened door.


Moved to N6 and picked up bow.

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Deplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

Ayrynthyn
2007-07-12, 08:04 AM
Thorael of Baelsgreen
{table]Thorael (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1980190&postcount=2)|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
hp:23/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
Arcane Spells Readied
(4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
(4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
(4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Knock, Knock, Invisibility, Invisibility
(3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Ray of ExhaustionGilly{table]Gilly (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm)|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]
"What?! More!!...Gilly, Get behind that wagon!" Shaking his head, thorael sets his crossbow and takes a step to his right. In the goblinish tongue he speaks. "I banish you pack beast back to the Ether", and then begins his incantation. "GOUT DE LA VIE".


Gilly -
Double Move (60) - P9 (pretty sure he can get there)

Thorael -
5' Step - N6
Move - Load Cross Bow
Standard - Cast Invisibility on Beefcake the wonder mule

Not sure if i need to make a to hit
[roll0] (er... if so, any penalty to his AC due to being rigged up??)

{table="width=100%"]Spot|1d20+4|Listen|1d20+4[/table]

crimson77
2007-07-14, 10:50 AM
[MAP]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9983/town004nu4.png (http://imageshack.us)

The first bugbear takes a swing at Rasellia missing. He then steps back to allow more victims to enter the building.

[roll0] [roll1]

The other one who was hidden behind the wall turns and moves to the other building through what must be a secret passageway or hole in the wall. It rounds the bend and sees Kedar peering through the open door way. It starts its attack but it too misses.

[roll2] [roll3]

The bound bugbear struggles against the spells effect; unfortunately, in his weakened state he can do nothing to free himself.

Wildboy
2007-07-16, 08:02 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 10/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:53
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

"Do not enter that room, let them bottlenecked in the door. Rasillia you might want to take a step back yourself." Calthoric trying to encourage the bugbears that they do wish to come out and play releases another two quick shots with his bow.


Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]

Damage 1: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

20% miss chance for cover by rasillia [roll4] 1-20 hits Rasillia

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Diplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

Chu
2007-07-16, 11:06 AM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 26/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 3
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 2
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 3[/table]
Heeding the wisdom of Calthoric's words, she turns her attention to the still-struggling bugbear, raising the pommel of her sword to land a non-mortal blow to her foe.


Non-lethal attack on entangled bugbear (-4 to-hit)
Attack: [roll0]
Damage (non-lethal): [roll1]

crimson77
2007-07-16, 12:12 PM
The bound bugbear struggles against the spells effect; unfortunately, in his weakened state he can do nothing to free himself.

However, after reading this:

Entangled

The character is ensnared. Being entangled impedes movement, but does not entirely prevent it unless the bonds are anchored to an immobile object or tethered by an opposing force. An entangled creature moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a -2 penalty on all attack rolls and a -4 penalty to Dexterity. An entangled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a Concentration check (DC 15 + the spell’s level) or lose the spell.
The bugbear can attack.

The bugbear manages to take a swipe with is claw at Rasellia. However, Rasellia is able to sidestep the claw swipe from the entangled creature.

[roll0] [roll1]

Dragon Rogue
2007-07-16, 01:41 PM
{table]Kedar Ravenblade|Human|Fighter|6 LVL|CG|M
hp: 28/59|Init +0|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|17/12/15|Light
Melee Atk |+9/+4 Bastard Sword|dmg: 1d10+4|+8/+3 Heavy Mace|dmg 1d8+2| +8/+3 Daggers (6)| dmg: 1d4+2
Ranged Atk|+8/+3 Composite Longbow |dmg: 1d8+2|+8/+3 Daggers (6)| dmg: 1d4+2|
SV|Fort +7|Ref +4|Will +4|
STR 14|DEX 15|CON 14|INT 12|WIS 10| CHA 8[/table]

{table]Listen:1d20+4.5 | Spot: 1d20+4.5[/table]

Kedar steps out warily sheathing his sword and placing his shield on his back. He grabs his long bow and knocks an arrow aiming it at the entangled bug bear.

((Moved to p5))

crimson77
2007-07-16, 04:06 PM
Moving out of a threatened square Kedar provokes an AoO. Another swing and a miss for the bugbear. He however still manages to hold on to his morningstar

[roll0] [roll1]

Ayrynthyn
2007-07-17, 09:31 AM
Thorael of Baelsgreen
{table]Thorael (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1980190&postcount=2)|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
hp:23/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
Arcane Spells Readied
(4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
(4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
(4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Knock, Knock, Invisibility, Invisibility
(3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Ray of ExhaustionGilly{table]Gilly (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm)|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]
"Woah! Easy there genius. You're shooting at our would be prisoner there. If you want to feel useful, shoot one of these more... threatening types. Unless that shot was meant for Rasellia, in which case...ah Rasellia, you should watch out!!" Glancing over at Calthoric, the mage eyes him up and down. "Um... you know i really do like you Cal, but must you be so close?" Jostling a bit with the thief, and bringing his crossbow up he takes extra special aim at the Bugbear in the building. Firing the bolt sails just over Rasellia's shoulder and wide of his target. With an audible grunt, and another eye shot at the hapless thief, who's now apparently standing on the hem of his robes, the mage reloads his crossbow...shaking his head


Standard - Attack N5
[roll0] - Firing at N2 (1d20+5 -4 Cover from Ras)
[roll1]
Move - Reload Crossbow

{table="width=100%"]Spot|1d20+4|Listen|1d20+4[/table]

crimson77
2007-07-17, 10:45 AM
[MAP]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6481/town004xm8.png (http://imageshack.us)

The bugbears launch into action. The entangled bugbear, hopping, takes a five foot step so that it is now in between Rasellia and the other party members. It latches out with it claw to Thorael which rakes him drawing a little blood.

[roll0] [roll1]

The bugbear in the building moves toward Rasellia, now flanking her with the other bugbear. It swings its morningstar at the cleric but he misses.

[roll2] [roll3]

Finally, the third bugbear continues its pursuit of Kedar catching up to him and swinging his morningstar which misses.

[roll4] [roll5]

[bugbears]17 (+1 Dex, +3 natural, +2 leather armor, +1 light wooden shield), touch 11, flat-footed 16

entangled:AC is 12 (-4 Dex, +3 natural, +2 leather armor, +1 light wooden shield), touch 6, flat-footed 12
Attack changes to: Morningstar +3 melee (1d8+0)
11, 15, 16

Chu
2007-07-17, 07:44 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 26/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 3
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 2
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 3[/table]
"Stranger! Look out!" Whirling around, she tosses caution to the winds, running at the bugbear taking advantage of Kedar's vulnerability.


Charging Bugbear in Q5, +2 to-hit, -2 AC
Suffering AoO from Bugbears in N3 and N5
To-hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

crimson77
2007-07-18, 09:46 AM
AoO

Both of the Bugbears lunge at Rasellia as she runs toward the new threat. They both miss her

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

Wildboy
2007-07-19, 08:22 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 10/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:52
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Calthoric growls at the bugbear and side steps him dropping his bow and unsheathing his short sword.



5 foot step M5
drop bow, Free action
Draw sword, move action

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Diplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-07-20, 10:31 AM
[MAP]http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/986/town004zk8.png (http://imageshack.us)

You hear heavy foot falls running up the street. You look over and see four guards approaching up weapons ready; two with crossbows and two with halberds. The two with crossbows stop and take aim while the guard in the middle shouts, "By the counsel of Nesmee, I command you to stop. Lower your weapons to the ground or we will be forced to take military action."

The bugbear closest to Rasellia and Kedar replies, "By the Blood of Asken, you too will die." He then begins to make threating gestures to the guards. As if almost clockwork, the two guards with crossbows let bolts fly at him. Both of the bolts strike into the raging bugbear, the creatures rage dies down as he seems to dance around before falling to the ground, lifeless.

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

The guards repeat again what they had said, By the counsel of Nesmee, I command you to stop. Lower your weapons to the ground or we will be forced to take military action."

Chu
2007-07-21, 01:53 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 26/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 3
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 2
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 3[/table]
Blinking at the incoming law-enforcers, she quickly wipes off the brackish liquid from her blade and sheathes it, not quite bowing to their demands to disarm herself. Channeling some healing power through herself non-chalantly, she steps forward. "I'm glad you and your men are here, Sir, if not a bit tardy. We were exploring this city, as we're new here, and were set upon by these brutes."


Putting longsword away.
Casting cure light wounds
HP healed: [roll0]

crimson77
2007-07-21, 06:30 PM
"Is there more of these brutes? Who started it or need i ask such a question? I think I know who I will be taking home in mandables. Lady, I am glad that you are alright, it tis very brave and noble of you to take on so many fowl sub-human creatures."

Chu
2007-07-21, 06:52 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 34/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 4
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 2
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 3[/table]
"There may be more inside these buildings... our resident mage has one entangled, though I'm not sure how much longer the bindings will hold..." Casting a wary eye at the struggling bugbear, she keeps her defenses up, trying to calm Bongo down.

crimson77
2007-07-21, 08:56 PM
"Aye, we will check the buildings. Just stay put for now, let the professionals hand it from here. "


[OOC: if you want to make another action, now would be the time to do it]

Chu
2007-07-21, 09:15 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 34/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 4
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 2
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 3[/table]
Bongo the Mule (http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=15548)

{table]Bongo|Mule|-|N|L
hp: 15/22|Init +1|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|13/10/16|Max
Melee Atk |Hoof x2 +8|dmg: 1d4+3|Ranged Atk|-|-|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +4|Will +1|
STR 16|DEX 13|CON 17|INT 2|WIS 11| CHA 6[/table]
Cart:

{table]Item:|Weight
Cart|200
Bedroll x4|20
Winter Blanket x4|12
Firewood(per day) x7|140
Common Lantern|1
Manacles x2|4
Tent x2|40
100' Silk Rope|10
Rations(per day) x28|28
Waterskin x4|16
Oil(pint) x5|5
Healer's Kit|1
Total:|477 lbs.
[/table]



Sighing in relief as the guards don't move to oppose them, she looks around at her team mates. Eyes raising aghast at Calthoric's condition. "Gods, Calthoric! Why didn't you tell me you'd been woulded?! Come here..." Stepping up beside the wounded rogue, she works her magic.


Moving to N4
Casting cure moderate wounds
HP healed: [roll0]

Wildboy
2007-07-24, 11:38 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 27/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Calthoric nods his thanks to Rasellia he watches the guards with suspicion as he sheaths his short sword and slings is bow over his back. "Thank you Lady Rasellia but you were already preoccupied. Looking to one of the guards he tries to spot any form of identification.

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Diplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

Ayrynthyn
2007-07-24, 11:48 AM
Thorael looks around with out much to add. "Nice of you boys to show up. I don't suppose we can participate in the interogation. This one here..." as he motions to the entangled"...shall only be weakened for another moment or two. Oh, and i shall want my rope back."

crimson77
2007-07-24, 01:00 PM
MAPhttp://img461.imageshack.us/img461/5986/town004zz0.png (http://imageshack.us)

The guards reload and slowly come forward, two with their crossbows trained looking for more movement. Then one with a halbred shouts, "I found a little bugger, it is hiding under your wagon and it looks scared. I will give it something to be afraid about..." You realize that he is talking about Gilly. Then without warning, you remember that there is still one bugbear left, and Rasellia is standing now in front of it. The bugbear attacks from within the building with a morningstar. It was a solid hit sending shots of pain through her back.

[roll0] [roll1]

Chu
2007-07-25, 12:29 AM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 34/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 4
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 2
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 3[/table]
Bongo the Mule (http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=15548)

{table]Bongo|Mule|-|N|L
hp: 15/22|Init +1|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|13/10/16|Max
Melee Atk |Hoof x2 +8|dmg: 1d4+3|Ranged Atk|-|-|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +4|Will +1|
STR 16|DEX 13|CON 17|INT 2|WIS 11| CHA 6[/table]
Cart:

{table]Item:|Weight
Cart|200
Bedroll x4|20
Winter Blanket x4|12
Firewood(per day) x7|140
Common Lantern|1
Manacles x2|4
Tent x2|40
100' Silk Rope|10
Rations(per day) x28|28
Waterskin x4|16
Oil(pint) x5|5
Healer's Kit|1
Total:|477 lbs.
[/table]



Reflexively drawing her blade, the half-elf whirls around and slashes at the offending bugbear, indignant anger flashing in her eyes. "Stupid beast, don't know when to quit, do you?!"


Attacking Bugbear in N3
Power attack (-4 to-hit, +4 damage)
To-hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Ayrynthyn
2007-07-25, 09:47 AM
"Hiding indeed..." Gilly raises an eyebrow, his thick grinch like accent dour as ever. "I'll have you know, I'm apprentice to..." "GILLY!! No, no my...sagely watchman. He's with me, but your attention is required over here!!" Shaking his head a bit and turning his attention back to the threat at hand, Thorael mutters under his breath "I must remember that intellect is multiplicative, not additive. Two half-wits don't give you a whole wit... they give you a quarter-wit" Loading his crossbow, he raises it an fires at the hostile bugbear sending the bolt into the wooden door frame next to Rasellia...

[roll0]
[roll1]

crimson77
2007-07-26, 03:23 PM
[MAP]http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/487/town004ql5.png (http://imageshack.us)

The guards move forward very quickly once again with the sight of the new threat as they move into your midst. Their crossbows twang again sending two bolts into the emerging threat attacking Rasellia. Both bolts pierce into the bugbear in the chest as the bugbear tries to launch another attack on Rasellia. The bugbears morningstar flies out of its hands as blood girgles out from its mouth. The bugbear slowly drops to the floor. The guards now turn their attention to the weakened entangled bugbear. One guard has removed mandables from his backpack. "We will return your rope to you sir. You do not need to worry, we are experts are questioning, you services will not be needed."


The guards are proudly displaying the Nesmee Elite Guard on their armor.

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

Ayrynthyn
2007-07-27, 08:28 AM
"Tis not my services i was offering my malodorous friend. It's the answers i have interest in. Our wrong turn here... their ambush. The swift departure of our barbarian friend. The arrival of this new comer. He had the appearance of someone who had just regained consciousness. I don't think these things were coincidental." Stroaking his face, deep in contemplation, Thorael glances around to his compatriots. Then to the new comer. "Your arrival was perfectly timed friend. A few more minutes and i think my human friends here would have been done for. Tell me, how did you find yourself in this predicament?"

crimson77
2007-07-27, 12:46 PM
The guards place the weakened bugbear in mandables. The creature seems to resist a little bit but soon it is restrained in both leg and wrist mandables. The guards seem to struggle with removing the rope entangling the bugbear. He turns to Thoreal and says, "Can you remove the rope or we will have to take it with us."

Chu
2007-07-27, 01:13 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 34/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 5
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 2
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 3[/table]
Bongo the Mule (http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=15548)

{table]Bongo|Mule|-|N|L
hp: 15/22|Init +1|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|13/10/16|Max
Melee Atk |Hoof x2 +8|dmg: 1d4+3|Ranged Atk|-|-|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +4|Will +1|
STR 16|DEX 13|CON 17|INT 2|WIS 11| CHA 6[/table]
Cart:

{table]Item:|Weight
Cart|200
Bedroll x4|20
Winter Blanket x4|12
Firewood(per day) x7|140
Common Lantern|1
Manacles x2|4
Tent x2|40
100' Silk Rope|10
Rations(per day) x28|28
Waterskin x4|16
Oil(pint) x5|5
Healer's Kit|1
Total:|477 lbs.
[/table]



Wiping her brow as she steps away from the bound bugbear, she looks around at the party, ignoring Thorael's "human" comment again. Turning to Kedar, she deems that he needs some medical attention, and approaches him. "Indeed, your arrival couldn't have been more opportune. Whatever Bolvar was thinking is beyond me... What was your name? I'm Rasellia Greenleaf, a servant of God and Bringer of the Word. Speaking of which, you look like you could use some healing. If you'd allow me..."


Casting cure moderate wounds
HP healed: [roll0]

crimson77
2007-07-30, 10:36 AM
[MAP]http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/5436/town004hj6.png (http://imageshack.us)

The guards shrug, "Well, we must be off with this prisoner, we will return with your rope soon and have you answer a few more questions." They walk south with the bugbear struggling in the Mandables

Wildboy
2007-07-31, 11:17 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 27/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Seeming to snap out of the slumber of battle and finally takes in what is happening he looks to the new comer and nods to him then looks at the guards. You there your name? We have suspicion that these things were dispatched upon by the House of Nord. Speaking with persons of aquaintence we were informed that the person accused of murding, the now living.... Calthroic rolls his eyes still unable to grasp how someone can be convicted of killing someone that is not dead Lord Nord. When questioning the lord he became enraged and we have suspicion that these beasts are the result of that rage.

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|[roll0]|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Diplomacy|[roll1]
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-07-31, 05:47 PM
The guards continue to walk away, you are uncertain if they heard Calthoric's words or if they just assumed that they were aimed at new comer. Either way, they did not respond. They are soon gone from view taking away their prisoner for questioning.

crimson77
2007-08-01, 10:46 AM
You stand there for an hour waiting. The guards do not return, part of you starts to wonder if they will.

[OOC: Any actions?]

Chu
2007-08-01, 08:18 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 34/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 5
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 3
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 3[/table]
Bongo the Mule (http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=15548)

{table]Bongo|Mule|-|N|L
hp: 15/22|Init +1|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|13/10/16|Max
Melee Atk |Hoof x2 +8|dmg: 1d4+3|Ranged Atk|-|-|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +4|Will +1|
STR 16|DEX 13|CON 17|INT 2|WIS 11| CHA 6[/table]
Cart:

{table]Item:|Weight
Cart|200
Bedroll x4|20
Winter Blanket x4|12
Firewood(per day) x7|140
Common Lantern|1
Manacles x2|4
Tent x2|40
100' Silk Rope|10
Rations(per day) x28|28
Waterskin x4|16
Oil(pint) x5|5
Healer's Kit|1
Total:|477 lbs.
[/table]



Moving over to the distressed mule, she channels some of her healing powers into the wounded animal. "Well, what do we do now? Whatever it is, we should stable Bongo here first... it was ridiculous that he had to endure all of this... Poor beast."


Casting cure light wounds on Bongo
HP healed: [roll0]

crimson77
2007-08-06, 10:27 AM
You continue to wait for the guards to return. An hour passes and the sun dips below the horizon and the city becomes darker and darker. You are beginning to suspect that the guards are not returning.


[OOC: What are you going to do now?]

Chu
2007-08-06, 07:32 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 34/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 5
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 3
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 3[/table]
Bongo the Mule (http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=15548)

{table]Bongo|Mule|-|N|L
hp: 22/22|Init +1|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|13/10/16|Max
Melee Atk |Hoof x2 +8|dmg: 1d4+3|Ranged Atk|-|-|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +4|Will +1|
STR 16|DEX 13|CON 17|INT 2|WIS 11| CHA 6[/table]
Cart:

{table]Item:|Weight
Cart|200
Bedroll x4|20
Winter Blanket x4|12
Firewood(per day) x7|140
Common Lantern|1
Manacles x2|4
Tent x2|40
100' Silk Rope|10
Rations(per day) x28|28
Waterskin x4|16
Oil(pint) x5|5
Healer's Kit|1
Total:|477 lbs.
[/table]



"Well, now that that situation is under control, what do we do now? I propose we continue on our main course of action in leaving this town before we bring ruin to it. We still need to finish assembling our... cargo..." Her eyes flit to the pouch at her side, while she gives a disclaiming No offense, Solace. She turns her attention back to the rest of the group. "And I don't see what's so afoul about this whole murder mystery... there are magics out there to bring the dead back to life, but that still doesn't make murder a petty crime. I sense no lying in the lord's story."

Wildboy
2007-08-07, 10:32 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 23/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Calthoric nods to Rasellia. "Your right apparently this murder thing was just a waste of time. We did our searching and every thing turned up fruitless. So it is time to go. We'll seek out the rest of our friend. When we are further from the city perhaps he can lead us to the rest of him. Lets get out of here now. We can head to the southern city.

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Diplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-08-08, 10:41 AM
[MAP]http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/253/dock001vy8.png (http://imageshack.us)


The guards never show, you grow tried of waiting and there is little day light left. You head down to the docks, it is close to midnight before you locate a ship that might be leaving. There are men hastily trying to load up the ship as the captain barks orders. Thinking that you might be interested in going aboard the ship the captain says, "Aye, you landlovers be interested in leaving here, I am heading out to sea, but I can drop you off if you would like...If you'd help load up the ship we can be underway faster." Tired from the long day but wanting to leave you agree. In several hours you manage to help get the ship all packed up and ready to leave.

As the ship glides thought the water a cool mist hits your face. You are so tired but you just cannot seem to sleep on the rocking boat. They day passes painfully slowly as you fight off fatigue and try to have civil conversations with each other in your tired state. Soon you see land approaching, the ship slowly maneuvers into place alone slide an old dock. The captain shakes your hand as you exit the boat. "Thanks for ye help." The boat then quickly return to the over water.

You carefully walk across the old dock. There are many planks missing and several you have to watch your step over or crash through. Luckily no one falls through the boards. You reach the other side, it seems to be open plains as far as you can see. It is almost supper time and you realize that you have not eaten anything substantial for hours. You are tired and hungry. You can see a fire pit that has not been used for many weeks.

Chu
2007-08-08, 10:27 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 34/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 5
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 3
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 3[/table]
Bongo the Mule (http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=15548)

{table]Bongo|Mule|-|N|L
hp: 22/22|Init +1|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|13/10/16|Max
Melee Atk |Hoof x2 +8|dmg: 1d4+3|Ranged Atk|-|-|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +4|Will +1|
STR 16|DEX 13|CON 17|INT 2|WIS 11| CHA 6[/table]
Cart:

{table][b]Item:|Weight
Cart|200
Bedroll x4|20
Winter Blanket x4|12
Firewood(per day) x7|140
Common Lantern|1
Manacles x2|4
Tent x2|40
100' Silk Rope|10
Rations(per day) x28|28
Waterskin x4|16
Oil(pint) x5|5
Healer's Kit|1
Total:|477 lbs.
[/table]



Hand on her hilt as she surveys the surrounding land, she takes a moment to get her landlegs back. "Hmm, we should probably head east, as that's the closest town, isn't it? We need to get more leads on Solace and what we need to do..." Looking down at the pouch, she queries. Any ideas?

crimson77
2007-08-09, 10:18 AM
"I sense nothing; however, I can only sense if an object is within a short distance of myself."

crimson77
2007-08-10, 04:35 PM
[MAP]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2076/dock001nj6.png (http://imageshack.us)

You hastily make a quick supper of dry rations and other assorted stale food from your packs. The meal was quick and then you all start to nod off to sleep even before the sun sets, the crickets chirping outside slowly serenade you into a deep slumber.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You are awakened by the sounds of Gilly crying and whimpering. As you gaze towards him you notice that Gilly has soiled his pants and he is cowering in fear, unsure of what he should have or should do. Bongo is pulling on the rope tying him to the tree. You think that he would bolt if he could.

You look around, and in the shadows of the pale moon you see the image of a humanoid shrouded in a cloak. As your eyes meet you can see dark red orbs staring back at you even from this distance. Before you can even make a sound it says, "Thoredal....Thoradel, your shop keeper friend sent me here to settle his dept. I will answer four questions for you from the vastness of my knowledge. Choose wisely, you may have a few moments to think before asking the next question. You may begin, however, you only have one hour* before must go."



Gilly saving throw versus fear [roll0]
Rolands saving throw versus fear [roll1]
Bongo's saving throw versus fear [roll2]

* You have 10 days in real time to post your questions.

Ayrynthyn
2007-08-13, 02:49 PM
"Not really sure... i've been... i've been kind of out of it for the last little bit. Cal, What happened to my rope?" Turning his attention to the creature, he gazes at it with a quizical eye, and then turns back to his companions. "Not really sure what the mage from the shop was into... i didnt have time enough to really feel him out. Looks like he can dabble in some darker stuff though. Rasellia... what do you make of this thing?"



So um... what is this thing?
[roll0]

{table]C|Mod|Skill|Ranks|Class|CC
+|
8
|Knowledge: Arcane|[5 Rank +3 Int]|[5]|
+|
4
|Knowledge: Dungeoneering|[1 Rank +3 Int]|[1]|
+|
4
|Knowledge: Geography|[1 Rank +3 Int]|[1]|
+|
5
|Knowledge: History (Ancient)|[2 Rank +3 Int]|[2]|
+|
4
|Knowledge: Local|[1 Rank +3 Int]|[1]|
+|
4
|Knowledge: Nature|[1 Rank +3 Int]|[1]|
+|
4
|Knowledge: Nobility Royalty|[1 Rank +3 Int]|[1]|
+|
5
|Knowledge: The Planes|[2 Rank +3 Int]|[2]|
+|
5
|Knowledge: Religion|[2 Rank +3 Int]|[2]|
|
4[/table]

crimson77
2007-08-13, 03:32 PM
You realize that it is a humanoid, but it is hard to tell what type of humanoid due to the dim light and the cloak hiding its form. You are fearful of it (However, you do not need to make a check to act). You do not have enough other in formation to really had an idea what it is.

The humanoids gaze does not leave you, "You will have to forgive my hastiness, but I am a busy man, time is short."

Solace whispers to Rasellia
"I know this man, his wisdom is second to none. I would be careful not to offend him for there are few more powerful than he. He might be able to tell you where to look for my other parts...I am sure that he knows that i am with you..."

Wildboy
2007-08-14, 09:28 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:60
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Looking to both Rasillia and Thoreal then to the shadowy figure with a suspicious look. "What can kill who chases us?" He looks back to Thoreal. "You probably have to ask but I am curious to his claims of wisdom. It's a vague enough question with enough meaning behind it for one with the wisdom he claims to know the answer too."

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Diplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

Chu
2007-08-14, 08:01 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 34/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 5
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 3
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 3[/table]
Bongo the Mule (http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=15548)

{table]Bongo|Mule|-|N|L
hp: 22/22|Init +1|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|13/10/16|Max
Melee Atk |Hoof x2 +8|dmg: 1d4+3|Ranged Atk|-|-|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +4|Will +1|
STR 16|DEX 13|CON 17|INT 2|WIS 11| CHA 6[/table]
Cart:

{table][b]Item:|Weight
Cart|200
Bedroll x4|20
Winter Blanket x4|12
Firewood(per day) x7|140
Common Lantern|1
Manacles x2|4
Tent x2|40
100' Silk Rope|10
Rations(per day) x28|28
Waterskin x4|16
Oil(pint) x5|5
Healer's Kit|1
Total:|477 lbs.
[/table]



"Let's not be too hasty with our questions... he may be able to help us find the rest of our friend as well."

Ayrynthyn
2007-08-15, 08:35 AM
Thorael rolls his eyes a bit. "That goes without saying Rasellia. What i had meant by my question to you was... well, i have heard that those of faith have the capacity to discern Evil intentions, and to Sense falsehoods and untruths. So, um... what do you make of our visitor here?" With a quick glance to the stranger, he adds "... no disrespect" and shrugs

crimson77
2007-08-15, 10:25 AM
"No disrespect taken...." Shaking his hooded head he continues, "How is Solace? I have heard that you have two of the pieces..."He pauses as if choosing his words carefully, "I will give you this one for free, I do not seek Solace, she and I have meet....three times now. Isn't that right Solace?" There is no comment from the rod. "I will tell you things that she might not, for a variety of reasons, Isn't that right Solace?" Still no response from the rod. "Well then travelers, let us get down to the questions. I would be happy to answer Calthoric's questions; however, Thorael, you are the paying customer."

Ayrynthyn
2007-08-15, 11:22 AM
"So we're going to have to take any answer you give with a grain of salt. As it would appear, so should we from this... Solace you mention. Please note that was a statement, and not a question" Turning again to his compatriots, Thorael shrugs. "Well, it seems that the best course of action would be to ask questions of... this soulfly person, any questions she (??) refused to answer, we should ask this fine gentleman. Problem is... Buttercup ge's marry in lil less than haf-a-our..." Stroking his chin, as if in deep thought... Thorael begins to pace

Chu
2007-08-15, 01:11 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 34/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 5
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 3
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 3[/table]
Bongo the Mule (http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=15548)

{table]Bongo|Mule|-|N|L
hp: 22/22|Init +1|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|13/10/16|Max
Melee Atk |Hoof x2 +8|dmg: 1d4+3|Ranged Atk|-|-|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +4|Will +1|
STR 16|DEX 13|CON 17|INT 2|WIS 11| CHA 6[/table]
Cart:

{table][b]Item:|Weight
Cart|200
Bedroll x4|20
Winter Blanket x4|12
Firewood(per day) x7|140
Common Lantern|1
Manacles x2|4
Tent x2|40
100' Silk Rope|10
Rations(per day) x28|28
Waterskin x4|16
Oil(pint) x5|5
Healer's Kit|1
Total:|477 lbs.
[/table]



A little surprised by Solace having a gender - let alone female - and confused at Thorael's words, she hums to herself softly before communing with the magical sentience. Well Solace? If what you and he say are true, what would be the best part of you to find next?"

crimson77
2007-08-15, 03:16 PM
The man remains silent and watches Thorael pace.

Solace begins to whisper to Rasellia
I am broken into seven...
When the man interrupts, "Solace, you do yourself no good just whispering to Rasellia for I can hear your voice even through it is only meant for her...You do your friends a disservice, not letting them hear you." Solace's voice then become lucid in all your minds, "Fine, LoreMaster, have it your way..." Even through it is Dark and he is covered by a cloak, you feel that he is taken aback by Solaces bold statement. She continues "I am broken into seven pieces, each has its own power, some for defense, some for attack. You have the handle, which is where my heart is held, the pummel which protects. You need the center piece of the hilt for me to act. At least part of the blade if you wish to use me as a sword. I would suggest finding the center of the hilt and then the first half of the blade."

Knowledge Arcane DC 25: LoreMaster
Long ago, after the Elvin War, a library was started underground. The LoreMaster is the curator of this library and he was believed to have knowledge beyond mortals, even by elvin standards. He has been absent from recent history. Only old texts will have references to him

Ayrynthyn
2007-08-15, 03:40 PM
Thorael of Baelsgreen
{table]Thorael (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1980190&postcount=2)|Elf|Wizard|LVL 6|LN|MED
hp:22/23|Init+2|Spd30|AC/T/FF|12/12/10|Robes
Melee Atk|+2 Longsword|dmg: 1d8-1|Ranged Atk|+5 Lt XBow|dmg: 1d8
SV|Fort +3|Ref +4|Will +5|
STR 8|DEX 15|CON 12|INT 16|WIS 10|CHA 12[/table]

Spells...
Arcane Spells Readied
(4)Cantrips [DC 13] - Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Message, Prestidigitation
(4)Level 1 [DC 14] - Animate Rope, Mount, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement
(4)Level 2 [DC 15] - Knock, Knock, Invisibility, Invisibility
(3)Level 3 [DC 16] - Dispel Magic, Dispel Magic, Ray of ExhaustionGilly{table]Gilly (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm)|Goblin|-|-|-|Small
hp:5/5|Init+1|Spd30|AC/T/FF|15/12/14|Leather Armor
Melee Atk|+2 Morning Star|dmg: 1d6|Ranged Atk|+3 Javelin|dmg: 1d4
SV|Fort +3|Ref +1|Will -1|
STR 11|DEX 13|CON 12|INT 10|WIS 9|CHA 6[/table]
"LoreMaster... neat. Never heard of it. I wonder if that job pays well. Again, note that was no question, and i do promise to expedite this question asking process, now that Solace has confirmed her existence here for all, and my vow to not betray her presence has been kept." Turning back to Rasellia, he looks at the priestess. "So, um... Rasellia. I take it by your humming and ignoring of my question, that would be a no to said question. No Detect Evil? No Dicern Lies? No Zone of Truth? No... Sense Motive??" *sigh* "Solace, i recalled the Seven Parts of your tale... 5 Remain, usefullness as a sword aside, will any of these still missing parts help us to find your other parts more effectively?"


Awesome!
[roll0]

{table="width=100%"]Spot|1d20+4|Listen|1d20+4[/table]

crimson77
2007-08-15, 06:57 PM
"You need to find the center of the hilt next. It holds everything together. The more parts I have the farther I can sense the other parts and the paths to their locations."

Chu
2007-08-15, 08:37 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 34/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 5
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 3
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 3[/table]
Bongo the Mule (http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=15548)

{table]Bongo|Mule|-|N|L
hp: 22/22|Init +1|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|13/10/16|Max
Melee Atk |Hoof x2 +8|dmg: 1d4+3|Ranged Atk|-|-|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +4|Will +1|
STR 16|DEX 13|CON 17|INT 2|WIS 11| CHA 6[/table]
Cart:

{table][b]Item:|Weight
Cart|200
Bedroll x4|20
Winter Blanket x4|12
Firewood(per day) x7|140
Common Lantern|1
Manacles x2|4
Tent x2|40
100' Silk Rope|10
Rations(per day) x28|28
Waterskin x4|16
Oil(pint) x5|5
Healer's Kit|1
Total:|477 lbs.
[/table]



Blinking at Thorael, she shrugs. "It's not my place to judge who I attack... I act in self-defense, unless directed otherwise by my order. Although, now that I seem to be in the presence of those who can't do so themselves, perhaps some more detection spells are warranted... hmmm..." She becomes lost in thought for a moment before Solace's words seem to get to her. "Either way, our course seems clear. Loremaster, what advice can you give on finding the center of the hilt?"

crimson77
2007-08-15, 09:57 PM
"Thorael, here is the answer to your first question asked by your friend." He pauses for a moment and then continues speaking, "The center of the hilt can be found in the dwarven ruins below Nesmee. It was last known to be in the bankers vault in a small bronze chest. The advice I would give you on finding the hilt, would be to find a guide who can follow and troubleshoot on the Dwarven road. If I were to suggest a guide, it would be Dwak Battleblade."

Chu
2007-08-16, 12:26 AM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 34/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 5
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 3
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 3[/table]
Bongo the Mule (http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=15548)

{table]Bongo|Mule|-|N|L
hp: 22/22|Init +1|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|13/10/16|Max
Melee Atk |Hoof x2 +8|dmg: 1d4+3|Ranged Atk|-|-|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +4|Will +1|
STR 16|DEX 13|CON 17|INT 2|WIS 11| CHA 6[/table]
Cart:

{table][b]Item:|Weight
Cart|200
Bedroll x4|20
Winter Blanket x4|12
Firewood(per day) x7|140
Common Lantern|1
Manacles x2|4
Tent x2|40
100' Silk Rope|10
Rations(per day) x28|28
Waterskin x4|16
Oil(pint) x5|5
Healer's Kit|1
Total:|477 lbs.
[/table]



Quirking an eyebrow, she rubs at her chin pensively. Looking to the rest of the party, she queries. "Dwak... wasn't he the captain on that ship we were on...?"

Wildboy
2007-08-16, 10:55 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:56
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

"He was the first mate of the bounty hunter ship. The captain was illusive to inquires of his name. Calthoric says responding to Rasellia. He then looks at the creature with a lifted brow his interest peaked at his knowledge of the tunnels and ponders the knowledge he might have of other wondrous items.

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Diplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-08-16, 11:05 AM
"Good answer Calthoric, you beat me to the answer...good thing because that was an easy question."

Ayrynthyn
2007-08-16, 05:54 PM
The absolute total confusion over Rasellia's response is broken only by the LoreMasters comment. "Aye... it's a good thing as well, since as you put it... I am the paying customer. I promise, this dysfunctional dance you witness here has a beat and a rhythm. My compatriots here tend to blurt out the first thing that comes to mind, and the next thing you know you'll be answering 'What is your....' uh, i best not finish that. Regardless, please allow me to sift the rubbish from the gibberish, and present the next three questions to you. I Promise, not to take more time than necessary, but i may indeed take advantage of the time allotted." Turning to Rasellia... "now you... what? who's attacking where now? I... you know, eh.." Thorael shakes his head. "I've got questions about Old Magic, The Red Tower, and Goblin Origins and Mistakes that are rattling around in my brain, so unless we've got something solid we want to ask... Anything else about dwarves? about piece two perhaps? not to get too far ahead of our selves. I also have interest in what Solace will not tell us. And maybe something about The Warlock on the Red Dragon...any thing you'd like to add here Solace? Perhaps clear a few of these clouds as not to waste our questions, or the precious precious time of the LoreMaster here?"

crimson77
2007-08-22, 02:49 PM
It is almost as if solace sighs, "Thoreal, you have to realize that there is much of my past that I am ashamed of, so it is hard for me to know what to tell my new keepers...especially if I barely know them. I might be able to answer some specific questions...."

Chu
2007-08-22, 07:48 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 34/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 5
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 3
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 3[/table]
Bongo the Mule (http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=15548)

{table]Bongo|Mule|-|N|L
hp: 22/22|Init +1|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|13/10/16|Max
Melee Atk |Hoof x2 +8|dmg: 1d4+3|Ranged Atk|-|-|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +4|Will +1|
STR 16|DEX 13|CON 17|INT 2|WIS 11| CHA 6[/table]
Cart:

{table][b]Item:|Weight
Cart|200
Bedroll x4|20
Winter Blanket x4|12
Firewood(per day) x7|140
Common Lantern|1
Manacles x2|4
Tent x2|40
100' Silk Rope|10
Rations(per day) x28|28
Waterskin x4|16
Oil(pint) x5|5
Healer's Kit|1
Total:|477 lbs.
[/table]



Looking at Solace, making it quite clear this question wasn't intended for the loremaster fellow. "Well, it might help to know what you were as a whole, and what your powers were..."

Ayrynthyn
2007-08-23, 08:22 AM
"That Solace... is the first thing you've said which would endear me to your plight. Knowing this, i now believe you would answer any poignant request we would make of you whether it be knowledge or action. With that being said..." The wizard hikes up his red robes as if he were adjusting his trousers. "LoreMaster... i thank you again for your patients. Your presence here has help us tremendously, and i will keep only a few more precious moments of your time. My next inquiry is on the remaining pieces. We know of the Center, but what of the other remaining pieces?"

crimson77
2007-08-23, 10:56 AM
"Such a broad question, I will answer it as I can. I usually do not answer such broad questions in so much detail because it could take days to give you a complete answer. However, I can give you the locations of each of the remaining pieces. It will be your job to work out the details. You have the pummel and handle. You know where the center of the hilt it. The right side of the hilt is held by the prince, you know him as a warlock riding a red dragon. He wears it around his neck. The last part of the hilt is owned by a Red Wizard named Azural. He and his companions hunt for the other pieces, their last known location is north of Nesmee. The blade is in the lair of a White Dragon to the in the mountains north of Nesmee. The tip of the blade...well I have the tip of the blade...careful, I can see your minds turning...how will you defeat me...well you cannot. However, I will trade you, or anyone else, the tip of the blade of Necromancy. When you find it do not touch it with your bare hands...when you have it I will find you...Next question?...you have two left"

crimson77
2007-08-23, 03:52 PM
"Rasilia, now would not be the best time to discuss my powers...I am sure The Loremaster knows most of them, however, if there are some he does not know, I would prefer that they remain unknown."

Ayrynthyn
2007-08-24, 09:13 AM
"Excellent LoreMaster, as with such a broad question, i didn't expect nearly as much detail, yet broad questions are really all we have. As i told your friend the mage, at this point we don't even know what we need to ask... You mention The Blade of Necromancy. It sounds as if it would be some counter or mirror to what we know of Solace. Hmm..." Thorael glances over to Rasellia, and then back to the LoreMaster "...I understand we could talk about it for days, but another broad question it should be. Tell me your perspective of the History of Solace, I'm especially interested in any references to this Blade of Necromancy."

crimson77
2007-08-24, 01:59 PM
"This history of Solace from my perspective….well to answer this question you have to recall your history from school dear elf. In the beginning, the elves populated the earth, the light elves were keepers of the day, and the dark elves were the guardians of the night. They kept the world safe….safe until the War of the Elves. Both sides have different reasons that the war started and for this conversation, the reasons are irrelevant. As you recall, the dark elves were pushed underground, were they still live. This allowed the lesser races to start populating the earth. These lesser races became jealous of the Elves use of magic, they started their own experiments and learned magic; however, they did not have the stamina for magic.

The mages of the humans started to map out the places where the magic plane touched near the earth, they created a sword, The Sword of Ages, and it was called to open a gate to the magic plane. The creator and wielder of this blade was a woman named Raven, she and her companions took the blade to an island deep into the ocean were the top of the old volcano were the space between planes is weak. Raven holding the sword cut into the space between planes creating a gate.

This created a flash brighter than the sun that lasted for days. And the surge of magic came out allowing people to easily use magic. No one heard from Raven and her adventures, it was believed that they were killed in the explosion. After many years, one man went to the deserted isle and brought back the sword telling all that there was no sign of the others.

The sword sat in an armory for many years before it was stolen by a thief and sold to a mage. This is where the power soon became apparent; the mage achieved great power, conquering all of the known world. It was at this time when the mage realized that the sword contained Raven, now Solace. As the kingdom eventually fell, like all human things; the sword then went missing.

What occurred is the sword was broken up by the Blade of Necromancy, a blade from the lower plane of the damned. The pieces were scattered through out the world. People seeking power have come to find the pieces and put them together. It as been partially reforged once a few times, each time without the tip, only to be destroyed again by those fearful of the blade.

Now that you understand the original purpose of Solace, what is your last question?"

Ayrynthyn
2007-08-27, 07:35 AM
Thorael looks at his boots for a brief moment, letting this knowledge process in his clearly superior intellect. "...What would need to be done to free Raven from the sword?"

crimson77
2007-08-27, 02:58 PM
"To free solace...er...Raven from the sword, it must be taken back to the broken gate and used to seal up the gate. When this occurs, she will be freed from the sword and the gate will be closed. If the gate does not become closed, it can destroy the world."

Wildboy
2007-08-28, 08:21 AM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:57
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

"So we have our objective but we lack equipment to complete them." Looks to his bow with a disappointed look. "We should keep our eyes open for opportunities. So which do we go for first?

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Diplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

Ayrynthyn
2007-08-28, 09:20 AM
"Thank you LoreMaster. I now know what i need to know, which is a step in the right direction. You have my thanks, and should you see our humble shop keeper, pass along my thanks and regards as well. I know that gold means very little to a person of your means, perhaps we can trade knowledge, with or without the trading of tips as it were. I am always seeking secrets of the Arcane et al, and would be honored to do so for you in return for... shall we say future considerations." Bowing humbly, Thorael moves closer to his companions, waiting to see what comes next...

crimson77
2007-08-29, 11:39 AM
The man nods and then says, "I will offer you one final hint, head west." Then he is gone...just vanished and a small object bounces towards you and lands at Calthoric's feet. It is a small purple gem.

Wildboy
2007-08-29, 12:02 PM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:57
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

"Thoreal can you see if there is an magics contained in this gem?" Calthoric picks up the gem and holds it out to Thoreal though does not hand it to him.

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Diplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

crimson77
2007-08-29, 03:34 PM
The gem feels warm to Calthoric's touch, this might have been due to another holding it or maybe something coming from within the gem itself. The purple gem is slightly lucid with what looks to be a copper wire inside of it.

Ayrynthyn
2007-08-30, 09:29 AM
Turning, Thorael speaks the incantation "J'NE SAIS QUOI" and focuses his concentration on the Gem in Calthorics hand.
"It's a message Stone. He'll have a counterpart. The Pattern would indicate that this is just a small derivative of that Whisper spell I've used in the past. Quite simple and elegant really. Not sure if it's one way or two. The strenght of the spell would lead me to believe it's a one way communication only though... neat."


[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Wildboy
2007-08-30, 01:37 PM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:57
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

"Then i have no use for this thing as I do not care to contact that being. If you can place it in some kind of sound proof container in case it does not need to be activated by us to be used I would feel better." Calthoric hands the gem to thoreal. "Since he was kind enough to suggest a direction and he wisdom verified by our friend I suggest we take it. Lets pack up this gear and get heading west. I know there is a town about four days travel from here to the west."

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Diplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]

Ayrynthyn
2007-08-30, 02:04 PM
"Aye... odd that i don't recall him mentioning any of the next parts to the west, but we need to let the dust settle in Nesmee before returning there. Clearly those guards were in ca-hoots with the bugbears, and part of the Nord conspiracy. If the LoreMaster was able to find us, i'm thinking that others may as well... we should move on west, and find a suitable place to camp for an hour. I need to replenish my arcane power."

Chu
2007-08-30, 08:58 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 34/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 2
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +2, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 5
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 3
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 3[/table]
Bongo the Mule (http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=15548)

{table]Bongo|Mule|-|N|L
hp: 22/22|Init +1|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|13/10/16|Max
Melee Atk |Hoof x2 +8|dmg: 1d4+3|Ranged Atk|-|-|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +4|Will +1|
STR 16|DEX 13|CON 17|INT 2|WIS 11| CHA 6[/table]
Cart:

{table][b]Item:|Weight
Cart|200
Bedroll x4|20
Winter Blanket x4|12
Firewood(per day) x7|140
Common Lantern|1
Manacles x2|4
Tent x2|40
100' Silk Rope|10
Rations(per day) x28|28
Waterskin x4|16
Oil(pint) x5|5
Healer's Kit|1
Total:|477 lbs.
[/table]



"Finally, God has graced us with a hint for the first time in this endeavour, we'd do well not to squandor it." She sets about taking down camp and stowing it in Bongo's cart, glad to have a set destination for once. She was never very good at making decisions like that, unless it was in a battle, or something very short-term.

crimson77
2007-08-31, 01:03 PM
After resting for a bit longer and getting a chance to have your devotions and time with books, you head out west. After about an hour of walking you reach what looks to be swampy land and to make matters worse, the rain starts to fall. You continue on, at this pace you venture to guess that it will take you at least six days to reach the town. Your boots seem to want to sink into the boggy mud, terrible stench violate your nose, and rain has soaked you to the bone. Then suddenly something snaps you out of your gloomy thoughts, you see of in the distance what looks to be a large humanoid with stooped shoulders and long arms. You realize that it could be a swamp troll. Lucky for you it has not noticed you. It is about 160 feet away from your current location and heading southwest (away from you).

Ayrynthyn
2007-08-31, 03:09 PM
In a hushed and wisperd tones, Thorael looks over his companions "Second troll in as many weeks... Fight, flee, or follow? There is no flame blade wielding knight to come to our rescue this time... or do we want to try and talk to it?? :smalleek: "

Chu
2007-08-31, 08:41 PM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 0
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +3, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 0
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 0
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
Bongo the Mule (http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=15548)

{table]Bongo|Mule|-|N|L
hp: 22/22|Init +1|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|13/10/16|Max
Melee Atk |Hoof x2 +8|dmg: 1d4+3|Ranged Atk|-|-|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +4|Will +1|
STR 16|DEX 13|CON 17|INT 2|WIS 11| CHA 6[/table]
Cart:

{table][b]Item:|Weight
Cart|200
Bedroll x4|20
Winter Blanket x4|12
Firewood(per day) x7|140
Common Lantern|1
Manacles x2|4
Tent x2|40
100' Silk Rope|10
Rations(per day) x28|28
Waterskin x4|16
Oil(pint) x5|5
Healer's Kit|1
Total:|477 lbs.
[/table]



Drawing her sword carefully, she heads in the direction of the troll. "You two can stay here if you want, but if that troll's left to its own devices, it'll no doubt bring harm to people who are less-able to defend themselves. I'm going in." Chanting as softly as she can to herself, she summons an invisible wall of force around herself as she advances.


Moving 30 feet towards the troll
Drawing sword as part of move action
Casting shield of faith +3, +3 deflection bonus to AC
New AC: 19/13/19

Ayrynthyn
2007-08-31, 11:28 PM
"Well, you may be into slaying sentient beings without warnings, but i am not... Gilly ask it to surrender first." Thorael glances menencly at Gilly. With a nod the aprentice mutters an incantaion, and in a voice deeper, louder and more menacing than would be expected speaks...

in giant
"TROLL! Bow down before the might of Gillygalore! Bow down and serve me or my minions shall send you to a firey doom!"

...looking up innocently at Thorael, Gilly shrugs a bit looking for his masters approval.


Gilly...
Standard - Cast Prestidigitation for minimal volumn and tone increase

Thorael
Ready an action - Cast Ray of Exhaustion
If - Troll moves on Rasellia or us

crimson77
2007-09-01, 03:41 PM
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8583/swamp001apnguo5.png

You can see that the creature appears to be dragging something as it walks. It looks in your direction as if trying to make out who you are and what you are doing in the swamp. It sees Rasellia advancing upon its position and the words of the goblin.

[ooc: I am waiting for Gilly's intimidation roll]

crimson77
2007-09-02, 12:39 PM
Rasellia
Solace whispers to you, "Careful, do not be so hasty, we are in this creatures homeland..."


Thoreal
[roll0]
You know this creature to be a swamp troll, a hybrid of trolls and Scrag trolls. Swamp trolls are dangerous due to their traits similar to regular trolls. In addition, swamp trolls use the swamps to their advantage, it being a wet environment makes it hard for them to be killed due to the water being able to quench any fire and dilute acid. Swamp trolls can breath underwater and will use that to their advantage by setting up ambushes for unsuspecting animals and humanoids. The most dangerous thing about swamp trolls is a thick goopy poison that is secreted by glands in their mouths which they coat their claws with. This poison is dangerous because it causes paralysis which in a swampy environment, drowning is likely. The poison also has oxidizing properties which make a poor for coating ones weapons.

crimson77
2007-09-03, 11:42 AM
The troll answers back and you can see Gilly visibly shaken by his answer...[Giant] "Gargaven saven groshemesh...ALLKEN BEEN SEEVEN....daven goovo mantigo!"
"You foolish goblin, Do You NOT REALIZE THAT I ATE YOUR FAMILY HERE? You should be glad that I already have caught my food for I would Love RIP your head from your shoulders and dine upon your puny brains. Give me one reason that I should not kill you and your friends? You must be some goblin, forsaking your heritage to be with humans!

The swamp troll does not advance but shifts is position so that it is now facing you and drops the humanoid shaped object in its hand which splashes into the water. It starts to lick its claws....

Ayrynthyn
2007-09-04, 08:54 AM
"Careful Rasellia, Cal... that's no ordinary troll. It's bite and it's claws now are covered in a paralytic poison. The wetlands will make fire or acid difficult to use at best. If we cannot barter our way out of this, we may be in trouble... What did it say Gilly??" Looking to his apprentice, the mage is concerned over his apparent shaken state. "Master... The creature says we're lucky he's already eaten, and that we should tell him why he shouldn't just kill us for sport" Looking over to cal, and Rasellia, the wizard pauses for a moment to see if they have anything to add...

Chu
2007-09-04, 10:09 AM
{table]Rasellia Greenleaf|Half-elf|Favoured Soul|6 LVL|LG|M
hp: 44/44|Init +0|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|16/10/16|Light
Melee Atk |+8 longsword|dmg: 1d8+2|Ranged Atk|+4 light crossbow|dmg: 1d8|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +5|Will +7|
STR 14|DEX 10|CON 12|INT 8|WIS 15| CHA 14[/table]Spells:
{table]Level | Known | Per day | Bonus | Total | Used
0 (DC:12)| detect magic, cure minor wounds, create water, mending, detect poison, light, purify food and drink | 6 | - | 6 | 0
1 (DC:13)| cure light wounds, shield of faith +3, bless, divine favour, obscuring mist | 6 | 1 | 7 | 1
2 (DC:14)| cure moderate wounds, shield other, status, lesser restoration | 5 | 1 | 6 | 0
3 (DC: 15)| cure serious wounds, mass resist energy, searing light | 3 | 0 | 3 | 0[/table]
Bongo the Mule (http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=15548)

{table]Bongo|Mule|-|N|L
hp: 22/22|Init +1|Spd 20|AC/T/FF|13/10/16|Max
Melee Atk |Hoof x2 +8|dmg: 1d4+3|Ranged Atk|-|-|
SV|Fort +6|Ref +4|Will +1|
STR 16|DEX 13|CON 17|INT 2|WIS 11| CHA 6[/table]
Cart:

{table]Item:|Weight
Cart|200
Bedroll x4|20
Winter Blanket x4|12
Firewood(per day) x7|140
Common Lantern|1
Manacles x2|4
Tent x2|40
100' Silk Rope|10
Rations(per day) x28|28
Waterskin x4|16
Oil(pint) x5|5
Healer's Kit|1
Total:|477 lbs.
[/table]



Grinning grimly, her grip on her blade tightens as she continues her steady advance. "Seems to me like the game is afoot... and if we keep at range long enough, he won't be able to hit us, correct? So... by the power of God, I SMITE you!!!" Raising her shield arm, she extends two fingers and brings them down in a slashing motion over the troll's head - from her standpoint - causing a brilliant ray of light energy to cut the overcast skies and slice down towards their foe!


Casting searing light
Ranged touch attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Wildboy
2007-09-04, 06:20 PM
{table] Calthoric Wintersbane (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=10771) | Human| Rogue| LVL 6 | CN |MED
hp: 34/34 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 15/13/12 | Leather Armor
Melee Atk |+4 Short Sword | dmg: 1d6 | Ranged Atk |+7 Short Bow | dmg: 1d6
SV | Fort +4 | Ref +8 | Wil +1||Arrows:57
STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
[/table]

Hearing Thoreals words he nods. "I do not think that this is the best place ...." Watches wide eyed as Rasellia charges the troll. Muttering a curse he pulls his bow from his back and knocks an arrow. "Seems a good day to die anyway." He says as he releases two shots.


Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]

Damage 1: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

{table]Spot|1d20+7|Listen|1d20+7
Hide|1d20+11|Move Silently|1d20+11
Bluff|1d20+9|Open Lock|1d20+14
Search|1d20+10|UMD|1d20+9
Disable Device|1d20+12|Diplomacy|1d20+6
SlightofHand|1d20+8[/table]