PDA

View Full Version : Clint Eastwood Game

Tylorious
2014-04-18, 07:21 AM
Hey guys, I've been on a big kick of western films. I particularly enjoy watching the Clint Eastwood movies. I was wondering if there are any games for the Xbox 360 that can replicate these movies for me. I want to be able to ride a horse. Preferably open world but not necessary. bounties, saloons, all the standard western tropes. Any suggestions?

Ailurus
2014-04-18, 07:51 AM
The obvious answer is Red Dead Redemption. Pretty much hits everything you mentioned.

Tylorious
2014-04-18, 08:16 AM
The obvious answer is Red Dead Redemption. Pretty much hits everything you mentioned.

Oh wow, can't believe i forgot that game existed. I guess when it came out it wasn't what I was looking for in a game. Oh how tastes change.

GungHo
2014-04-18, 08:30 AM
Red Dead Redemption should satisfy you on this one. It's really a good game even if you're not looking for the Wild West experience. Fantastic atmosphere. It drags in the middle chapter, but otherwise it's a very well paced game that is fitting with the Wild West deconstructions that Eastwood created in his later career.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is also a decent Wild West FPS, but I don't know if it's available on the 360. Fallout New Vegas also has a good Wild (Weird) West experience, even if it's set in a post-apocalyptic future, though to make the most of that, you need a PC and some of the Bounty quest mods.

Gaelbert
2014-04-20, 04:09 PM
Heh, you sound exactly like me. I binge watched the entire Dollar Trilogy and Once Upon a Time in the West last Sunday and started craving some Western FPS games. I'm going to strongly second the recommendation of Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. No horses, and it's not open world, but it's an amazing game. Chock full of references to Western films and especially Clint Eastwood, and the narrative is one of the stronger stories I've ever played through. Filled with tons of your standard Western tropes, I've been playing it non-stop.

Tylorious
2014-04-21, 06:41 AM
Thank you guys, I already started Red Dead and Have Juarez on the way. I am enjoying RDR so much and I will definitely play the zombie one too. Not really sure what to expect with that though. Thanks again everyone, now I will have something to do between all these awesome movies.