PDA

View Full Version : Gold piece value for 2nd ed Magic items

Swordguy
2007-02-08, 10:25 AM
Basically, I'm updating some 2nd ed magic items from my Encyclopedia Magica for my 3.5 game. Because I'm trying to maintain the wealth by level guidelines, I need to convert effects over the 3.5 stats and get the appropriate values. There are several that don't translate well off-hand, and I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out a good gp value for these items.

[This will be edited for more items after I get off of work and can access my EM]

Arabel's Huggable Bear: Prevents bad dreams, mental intrusion while sleeping, restores hp at double normal rate while resting.

Shifting Dress (not actual name): Conforms to the shape of any female that dons dress. Upon command word, can shape into any of 10 different styles. Wearer gains Reaction Roll bonus (3.5 bonus: +2 to Diplomacy vs opposite sex/same sex depending on target preferences)

Dolent's Helm: Provides a base psychic AC of 18, reserve of 16 Willpower. (Note: I am using Lone Wolf RPG psi mechanics: psi requires an attack roll [Level+Will save+CHA] vs a psychic AC [Level+Will save+INT Bonus]. Damage is removed from Willpower before hp. Willpower is also used as Power Points).

Libram of Planar Lore: Once read grants +5 Inherent bonus to Knowledge(planes) checks, then disappears.

[others on the way]