PDA

View Full Version : Warforged + Urban Druid = Optimus Prime ?

CyberThread
2014-04-18, 10:46 AM
Just curious on what folks think of that sort of build idea.

Mixing a warforged with a urban druid, and wildshaping into objects.

lytokk
2014-04-18, 10:54 AM
sounds perfectly logical to me. Would an urban shaped druid as a ballista be able to reload itself was the question I've asked myself many times.

Honestly, it seems more appropriate that a warforged druid would be an urban druid, just logically speaking. A construct turning into a wagon makes more sense than a construct turning into a bear. Of course I may also watch waaay to much transformers anyway.

Red Fel
2014-04-18, 11:02 AM
Meet Gazebo Jones (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=9823824&postcount=132).

CyberThread
2014-04-18, 11:15 AM
what does a drunk, have to do with my build?

Red Fel
2014-04-18, 06:31 PM
what does a drunk, have to do with my build?

When it comes to, as you put it, "wildshaping into objects," Gazebo Jones is in many ways the standard against which others are measured.

Yes, an Urban Druid can wild shape into an animated object - up to a Gargantuan animated object, if memory serves. And admittedly, Gazebo Jones can't turn into anything larger than Large. He can, however, turn into pretty much any other animated object, and also constructs. Further, he can do so at will, instead of per-day.

Also, he's cuckoo-pants. Literally, since he can turn into pants.

iceman10058
2014-04-18, 06:53 PM
Gazebo Jones makes attacking a seemingly harmless.... gazebo perfectly reasonable.

Slipperychicken
2014-04-18, 07:05 PM
You need to add a few size categories to be a proper transformer, though.

Ravens_cry
2014-04-18, 07:06 PM
Also, he's cuckoo-pants. Literally, since he can turn into pants.
But not magic pants, since magic pants don't exist in D&D.

Hangwind
2014-04-18, 07:11 PM
Wouldn't the fact that the pants are people make them inherently magic?

CyberThread
2014-04-19, 12:15 PM
Gazebo Jones makes attacking a seemingly harmless.... gazebo perfectly reasonable.

Tell me more

Yorrin
2014-04-19, 12:33 PM
And admittedly, Gazebo Jones can't turn into anything larger than Large.

You need to add a few size categories to be a proper transformer, though.

I've been giving this some thought, actually. Couldn't he just Alter Shape into something large, then because his size is currently large, alter shape into something huge, then on up the size categories until he's an airship or whatnot? In other words Alter Shape only cares what your size is when you cast it, so it should allow indefinite size increases, yes?

Alex12
2014-04-19, 12:45 PM
If I ever play a warforged Urban Druid, I'll try to convince my DM to let me change into animated objects instead of animals, and only later gain the ability to turn into animals (reversing the order I get the two in). I'm pretty sure he'll let me do that.

Also, it's totally reasonable.