PDA

View Full Version : Creative Uses for Ectoplasmic Creation.

OutRideACrisis
2014-04-18, 10:58 AM
I'm planning on playing an Ectopic Artisan. This gives me daily uses of Ectoplasmic creation, what utility/fun can I get out of this?

At 5th level the caster makes 5 cubic feat of nonliving organic matter that lasts for 5 hours.
5 cubic feet is about a bathtub full or two wooden doors.

Uses I have so far:

rope
blockade
market stall/toll both
weapons (wooden or bone)
stocks to humiliate captured enemies
clothing
oil/wood (fire is always fun)
coffin
loads of glue
big pile of bait
loads of soil (to upset the cleaning staff)

http://www.pathfindersrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/e/ectoplasmic-creation

Aharon
2014-04-18, 11:02 AM
poisons
alchemical items where the fluff makes it very clear they are made from organic material
if you have a permissive DM who doesn't mind real world elements in his game, anything found here (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-general/threads/1093126)

icefractal
2014-04-18, 12:34 PM
Things that would normally be made of metal, but made of darkwood. Exotic armor types? No problem.

I don't know how many times/day you've got it, but when I was playing a Shaper, I would make heavy armor and shields to wear (without proficiency), and if I ever needed to be stealthy or agile I'd just discard it and make a new set after we finished that.

Necroticplague
2014-04-18, 03:19 PM
Seize engines.Anything that can actually do some damage is probably gonna require multiple uses.

To be more specific about poisons, black lotus extract is both one of the nastier poisons and, as the name implies, is made from plants.

Writing materials. Pencils,books, and all their components are all organic. Unless you want metal clasp or a built in eraser, but those are pretty optional.

Food. Never go hungry again, just eat the food you make. Good way to avoid food poisoning (can't get much fresher than "just came into existence a few minutes ago").

Coidzor
2014-04-18, 03:32 PM
Soarwood, bronzewood(best wood for making weapons out of, IIRC), and darkwood items, weapons, and armor spring to mind.

Soarwood is great for if you have to make a surfboard or can eventually get enough to fashion a small boat, because you go twice as fast over water on it.

I suppose you could try to make a fertilizer bomb for demolition purposes. Or just make petroleum products, possibly including either A. napalm or B. the ingredients for napalm.

Phillyg
2014-04-21, 02:16 PM
I'm planning on playing an Ectopic Artisan. This gives me daily uses of Ectoplasmic creation, what utility/fun can I get out of this?

Question, Can you use it to make food: carrots, orange juice, wine?

OutRideACrisis
2014-04-23, 02:45 PM
Thanks everyone.

RE: Food
Previously we've ruled that created food leaves you hungry after the duration runs out, still useful in a pinch. Hadn't thought about alcohol though - its always good to have NPC's vices to hand.

Looks poison and alchemical is a good use for a craft skill, lots of utility and offense.

From Aharon's link as soon as the power lasts long enough to sleep I can summon a thick shell and rest.

Going to try and mitigate traps by creating ramps over floor switches or plugs for firing holes.

Coidzor
2014-04-23, 03:04 PM
Thanks everyone.

RE: Food
Previously we've ruled that created food leaves you hungry after the duration runs out, still useful in a pinch. Hadn't thought about alcohol though - its always good to have NPC's vices to hand.

Looks poison and alchemical is a good use for a craft skill, lots of utility and offense.

From Aharon's link as soon as the power lasts long enough to sleep I can summon a thick shell and rest.

Going to try and mitigate traps by creating ramps over floor switches or plugs for firing holes.

Scaffolding might also be a potential use as well. Or even just things for a levitating character to use to safely pole themselves along.