PDA

View Full Version : Guessing Speculation: How the Order will travel the next strips

ChristianSt
2014-04-18, 12:04 PM
So, after following the strip for I-don't-really-know-anymore-how-long, I finally came up with a sweet (and imo reasonably) prediction how the plot might advance the next few strips:

The Mechane will be out of order pretty soon. I think it will basically crash (or maybe Bandana has to pull of an awesome emergency landing) and the Order will have to travel by feet again.

I would further guess that they might soonish come to a town/city were they depart from the Mechane-Crew (and I think we will see the Kickstarter Cameo there) before they travel further towards the Dwarven lands.

[Though since pretty much all surprises the Giant has for us hit me pretty hard, I'm probably totally off :x]

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-04-18, 12:10 PM
I agree. The Mechane will probably be forced to make a crash landing, since the engines are down and the control panel froze over. I'm guessing that after that the Order will enter the Dwarven Lands, where a certain prophecy will come into play.

What is the Kickstarter Cameo?

TheWombatOfDoom
2014-04-18, 12:19 PM
Well they're over an ocean. Perhaps the air ship will turn into a ship ship? :smallbiggrin:

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-04-18, 12:25 PM
Well they're over an ocean. Perhaps the air ship will turn into a ship ship? :smallbiggrin:

They could be close to the shore, you know. :smalltongue:

zimmerwald1915
2014-04-18, 12:35 PM
So, after following the strip for I-don't-really-know-anymore-how-long
Between two and eleven years?

ChristianSt
2014-04-18, 12:43 PM
What is the Kickstarter Cameo?

One reward during the Order of the Stick Reprint Drive (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/599092525/the-order-of-the-stick-reprint-drive) was this:

Your original D&D character, based on your descriptions (within reason), gets a walk-on cameo in The Order of the Stick webcomic

It hasn't happened until now, but I think the beginning of a book would be a good spot for it. (Another reason why I think they leave the Mechane rather soonish.)

Between two and eleven years?

I could narrow it down a bit more, but I honestly don't know when I started following the strip. I would guess somewhere between 200-400 - but I'm not even sure if that is correct. I would really like to be able to pinpoint it exactly :smallfrown:. But since I lurked basically forever and only signed up during the Kickstarter my forum join date is useless.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-04-18, 01:16 PM
One reward during the Order of the Stick Reprint Drive (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/599092525/the-order-of-the-stick-reprint-drive) was this:

It hasn't happened until now, but I think the beginning of a book would be a good spot for it. (Another reason why I think they leave the Mechane rather soonish.)

Okay, thanks for explaining. I started reading OOTS after the Kickstarter, so I don't know much about the rewards or anything.

dtilque
2014-04-24, 02:52 AM
If they come down on land, they can unenchant Bloodfeast and ride him.

CRtwenty
2014-04-24, 03:10 AM
They'll probably crash I think and be forced to either proceed on foot or secure mounts from a nearby town.

Though between V and the HPoH they may be able to cast some sort of high speed travel spell on the party with a days preparation.

littlebum2002
2014-04-24, 01:57 PM
I agree that soon would be a good time for the cameo, but I disagree that Rich would crash the ship just for that reason.

I could narrow it down a bit more, but I honestly don't know when I started following the strip. I would guess somewhere between 200-400 - but I'm not even sure if that is correct. I would really like to be able to pinpoint it exactly :smallfrown:. But since I lurked basically forever and only signed up during the Kickstarter my forum join date is useless.

That's kinda sad. I know the exact strip where I started (754), and I take an odd sort of comfort in knowing that. It would be weird not knowing, I think. Kinda like not knowing what your birthday is.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-04-24, 02:31 PM
That's kinda sad. I know the exact strip where I started (754), and I take an odd sort of comfort in knowing that. It would be weird not knowing, I think. Kinda like not knowing what your birthday is.
I started a lot more recently than when you guys did: 918. I made my forum account soon after I started lurking in the forums, which was just after 935.

ChristianSt
2014-04-24, 04:06 PM
I agree that soon would be a good time for the cameo, but I disagree that Rich would crash the ship just for that reason.

I don't think the Kickstarter cameo has any impact on howthestory unfolds. Yet Rich could have planned a ship crash -> tavern transition and thought that it would be a nice strip to do so. Also I don't really see a way to have it while the Mechane is flying.

KillianHawkeye
2014-05-02, 06:14 AM
I think it's unreasonable to assume that the airship is going to crash as a result of the lightning strike. Remember that the engines just push the ship. It's the blimp that keeps her afloat, and that has not been harmed in any way.

Of course, it's possible for the ship to be struck by additional bolts of lightning, but that would be somewhat anticlimactic after the way the first one was handled.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-05-02, 06:17 AM
I think it's unreasonable to assume that the airship is going to crash as a result of the lightning strike. Remember that the engines just push the ship. It's the blimp that keeps her afloat, and that has not been harmed in any way.

Of course, it's possible for the ship to be struck by additional bolts of lightning, but that would be somewhat anticlimactic after the way the first one was handled.

I don't think that the ship will crash, but they will probably want to land to do repairs, since without the engines they move only by the wknd, and with the control panel damaged they can't steer well.