PDA

View Full Version : Kord's challenges

Asteron
2014-04-18, 01:07 PM
One of my players is a Fighter//PsyWar 6 (PF for both) who is very devoted to Kord. I wanted to do something with this since she does very little RP on her own. I looked at the Lolth-touched template and thought that it would be perfect to refluff to Kord. The alignment would be CG and give a +4 to Athletics rather than Stealth.

Story-wise, her actions has caught Kord's attention. To determine if she is worthy, she must pass several challenges to gain his blessing (the template). I'm having looking at doing three challenges for her: something with grappling (wrestling), pugilism, and 1 on 1 armed combat.

The grappling part is a little vexing because the grappling rules don't exactly translate into a workable challenge. I'd like a little help with this. The other parts a pretty straight forward, if a little bland. Any way to spice them up is appreciated...

I was also thinking about adding a part where someone tries to entice her character to cheat, which would be an immediate fail. Thoughts?

geekintheground
2014-04-18, 01:14 PM
my 1st thought is theres a template that you wouldnt even need to re-fluff: Kord-Blooded. its in the MMV. its not quite as useful as lolth-touched though. as for the grappling, you could have your player grapple an aspect of Kord (or some other representative) and the 1st one to pin the other wins (thats how you get the god blooded template).

edit: oh, i didnt see this was PF... need to work on my reading comprehension XD you could still port kord-blooded over, it would be basically a direct port, no mods needed

Asteron
2014-04-18, 01:20 PM
my 1st thought is theres a template that you wouldnt even need to re-fluff: Kord-Blooded. its in the MMV. its not quite as useful as lolth-touched though. as for the grappling, you could have your player grapple an aspect of Kord (or some other representative) and the 1st one to pin the other wins (thats how you get the god blooded template).

Yeah, I'm not a fan of those templates. They're pretty lame. This one feels more like something Kord would do (it was my first thought upon seeing the Lolth-touched template years ago...)

Instead of having 1st pin= win, maybe 3 pins to win? It would represent Olympic wrestling better, I think. I guess I was trying to make it more complicated than it should have been...

Edit: After looking at the Greco-Roman and Freestyle rules, it looks like a pin wins. However, that is easier to do in D&D than in real life, so I'm thinking that it should be by points. Have different point values based on how well they roll opposite one another?

Kamin_Majere
2014-04-18, 01:46 PM
If you have the Curse of the Crimson Throne adventure path (cant remember if its the 2nd or 3rd book) there is the part where you basically have to wrestle one of the NPC's during a challenge it made a pretty lively match for our group and gives decent victory/lose conditions and even a little RP help due to rules and the character involved (who could be an aspect of Kord if you want)

Asteron
2014-04-18, 02:50 PM
If you have the Curse of the Crimson Throne adventure path (cant remember if its the 2nd or 3rd book) there is the part where you basically have to wrestle one of the NPC's during a challenge it made a pretty lively match for our group and gives decent victory/lose conditions and even a little RP help due to rules and the character involved (who could be an aspect of Kord if you want)

Thanks! I'll definitely check that out!

Asteron
2014-04-18, 03:48 PM
I had a friend look through those books and he couldn't find anything like that...

Kamin_Majere
2014-04-18, 03:58 PM
Its been a while so I'll have to look it up once I can get back to my books, but I could have sworn it was in that AP.

EDIT:
Try Book 4
Its when you are in the barbarian lands, its one of the challenges to become a member of the tribe if i'm not mistaken