PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Archivist + Initiate of Amaunator abuse?

CyberThread
2014-04-18, 09:44 PM
So an Archivist, can gain access to non cleric, divine spells through preparing them, while when they level up, they can automatically pick a cleric spell to add to the prayer book , much like a wizard levels up for spellbooks.

Now Initiate of Amaunator, allows this to happen

Benefit
You can spontaneously cast any spell on your spell list that has the fire descriptor. This functions the same way as spontaneous cure spells do.

Benefit
You can spontaneously cast any spell on your spell list that has the fire descriptor. This functions the same way as spontaneous cure spells do.

Now, does the Archvist spell list, only include cleric spells, or can they expand to all sources of divine [Fire] spells, to also a third scenario that they can only spontaneous caste fire spells, they have in the prayer book?

The feat also adds these lovely spells, it is a rather nice feat

2nd Augury
3rd Haste
4th Oder's Wrath
8th Sunburst
9th Time stop

Metahuman1
2014-04-18, 09:48 PM
I know one of the broken things about archivest is that it can learn all the divine spells. Which means Cleric, Druid, Ranger, Paladin and Shugenja.

Thealtruistorc
2014-04-18, 09:49 PM
I'd say yes, it would give you access to all divine fire spells. The RAW don't restrict it in any way. Besides, there are much worse things you can do with an archivist.

atemu1234
2014-04-18, 09:57 PM
Besides, there are much worse things you can do with an archivist.

Namely? I'm curious now.

CyberThread
2014-04-18, 09:59 PM
adds about 60 ish spells you can spontanous caste, add searing spell, and can make it worth the combo I think.

*.*.*.*
2014-04-18, 10:17 PM
any spell on your spell list

Unless I'm talking out of my butt here, the Archivist has no spell list. It has access to several spell lists, but there is no set of spells called 'Archivist Spell List'. Mind you, I'm probably wrong

CyberThread
2014-04-18, 10:22 PM
Namely? I'm curious now.

Id suggest you look up the handbook, mainly they can even add Arcane spells, and knowledge abuse; leading to massive damage for team mates and itself, ontop of knowing every spell ever created.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-04-18, 10:30 PM
You need four levels of Cleric or Paladin, plus one of the feats it lists, to qualify for it. You cannot qualify for the feat with Archivist levels.

As far as spontaneously casting fire spells on your spell list, it says your spell list and not your class spell list, so you would need to first learn a given spell and add it to your prayerbook before you would gain spontaneous access to it.

Coidzor
2014-04-18, 10:51 PM
I believe you run into the question of "What is a Spell List?" here.

Graypairofsocks
2014-04-19, 07:16 AM
Unless I'm talking out of my butt here, the Archivist has no spell list. It has access to several spell lists, but there is no set of spells called 'Archivist Spell List'. Mind you, I'm probably wrong

I think the Archivist technically uses the Cleric spell list, as the Archivists starting known spells are drawn from it, and so are the spells he gains knowledge of when he gains an Archivist level.

ShurikVch
2014-04-19, 07:27 AM
Unless I'm talking out of my butt here, the Archivist has no spell list. It has access to several spell lists, but there is no set of spells called 'Archivist Spell List'. Mind you, I'm probably wrongNote: it says "on your spell list", not "on your class spell list".
Archivist's spell list is a whatever in the prayerbook

TuggyNE
2014-04-19, 07:36 AM
Note: it says "on your spell list", not "on your class spell list".
Archivist's spell list is a whatever in the prayerbook

Maaaayyyybe. Trying to define a character's spell list beyond their class list by any kind of actual RAW, as opposed to Rules As We Wish Existed In Some Form Aaaargh!, is a rather difficult thing, and I've not seen any very conclusive arguments on the subject.

Chronos
2014-04-19, 08:16 AM
Quoth Biffoniacus_Furiou:

You need four levels of Cleric or Paladin, plus one of the feats it lists, to qualify for it. You cannot qualify for the feat with Archivist levels.
Isn't there a rule somewhere that any class that casts from the cleric list counts as cleric levels, for the purpose of qualifying for initiate feats?

atemu1234
2014-04-19, 09:15 AM
In the class's description, doesn't it say that it's spell list is "identical to the cleric spell list" or am I thinking of favored soul?