PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Punching Fairy

Gwazi Magnum
2014-04-19, 02:06 AM
The idea is fairly simple, make an extremely small character who focuses on flying around, dodging attacks and punching people in the face.

Note this character will start at level 1, but planning things for future levels (such as reduce person permanency) can also be noted/considered in advance.

Atm for Level 1 all I have figured is the following.

-Race: Jermlaine
-Template: Unseelie Fey
-Class: Swordsage
-Note able feats: Weapon Finesse, Shadow Blade

Ruethgar
2014-04-19, 11:43 AM
I would suggest Muckdweller instead of Jermlaine. You get infinite blind, and weapon finesse as a bonus feat, you would be more of a dragon than a fairy though. Also, if you are not opposed to April Fools material, Fabulous Cats has the feat, Don't Mind Me, so that you can enter someone's square without provoking an attack of opportunity, something you want to have as a tiny creature. As with all unarmed and melee builds, I suggest Whirling Frenzy Spirit Lion Totem Dashing Step City Brawler Barbarian as the first level. That give you pounce, no AC loss on charge, Two-Weapon Fighting with unarmed and Improved Unarmed Attack as well as +1 BaB, d12 HD and the bonus points of rage. You do, however, only need one level and can go swordsage with ease afterward if you do so desire. Generally speaking, I try and stack extra damage(Skirmish and Desert Wind Maneuvers being most common) on top of Superior Unarmed Strike rather than trying to go with a full unarmed damage progression class like Unarmed Swordsage or Monk, but that is just me.

Urpriest
2014-04-19, 11:54 AM
Are you aware of the Other Killer Gnome (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1059231)? I figure you could make use of some of its tricks.

Nettlekid
2014-04-19, 12:45 PM
I would suggest using an Eneko or Half-Giant (perhaps with the Primordial Giant template added on for no extra cost) and write in a backstory about how you insulted a high level Druid and they pelted you with Return to Nature repeatedly. You can be Fine, get either a wings graft or some other means of flight, and be so stubbornly dedicated to your nature as a Giant that you refuse to do anything more than strike down foes with your amazing strength.

WhamBamSam
2014-04-19, 01:22 PM
Jermalaines have a crazy Wis bonus, so if you don't mind being Exalted Good, Intuitive Attack>Weapon Finesse. The Insightful Strike line will let you deal damage based on a Concentration check without worrying about Str. You can add Wis on top of that through Discipline Focus: Insightful Strikes (Diamond Mind) at Swordsage 4. Ask your DM on a ruling as to whether the Hit and Run Fighter ACF is Drow-only or available to everyone. My interpretation of the RAW is the latter, but it's somewhat ambiguous.

Swordsage 20 is probably an acceptable stub, though if multiclass penalties aren't being enforced you might want to dip Warblade and/or Crusader at the end to cherry pick high level maneuvers. If you want something a little flashier, you could go Swordsage 4/Ranger or Hit and Run Fighter 1/Crusader 1/Dark Hunter 3/Jade Phoenix Mage 10/Crusader +1/Warblade 2. Dark Hunter is an Unseelie Flavored PrC with Wis based arcane casting up to 4th level spells on a decent list. That build incurs multiclass penalties though, so if your group uses them it might need some fixing. Also, serving the Queen of Air and Darkness means no Intuitive Attack for you, though you can probably make do with Weapon Finesse.

Prime32
2014-04-19, 07:32 PM
Try a sparrow hengeyokaiOA. The 3.5 update made them LA +0 in exchange for being Humanoid (shapechanger) rather than the defunct Shapechanger type.

Gwazi Magnum
2014-04-21, 02:27 PM
So mainly it seems to point towards swordsage and/or Barbarian.

Both look good. I honestly prefer the look of the Barbarian though. That high movement, DEX and BAB is just amazing. :)

Fooliscious
2014-04-21, 02:44 PM
Are you aware of the Other Killer Gnome (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1059231)? I figure you could make use of some of its tricks.

How does this build deal with movement? Getting shrunk that tiny will kill any move speed, to the point where things can just walk away from you and throw...rocks or something at you hoping to squish you.