PDA

View Full Version : ABF:BtOS - Malik, Pascal, and Jakri in the company of Janus

bunnygirl
2014-04-19, 05:09 PM
<< Pascal and Jakri on Emila's Wagon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?342093-ABF-BtOS-Pascal-and-Jakri-on-Emila-s-Wagon)
<< Malik Castor - Redeeming Hero (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?340995-ABF-BtOS-Redeeming-Hero)

Pascal and Jakri

A curious, large building that resides right at the center of the vast lake. Sitting in it's own overgrown grass that has not seen a good cutting down, it's walls have been blanketed with twisting green vines and all it's windows covered in boards and nails. The growth of flowers and plant-life disguise it as an aesthetic to the scenery and no one has given it a second thought because of that. There is little difficulty missing the mysterious flickering of a golden light from one of the dark windows of the building. In the distance, there will be the sound of a huffing and puffing stray horse near by.

Just arranging links now! But, here is your merged thread! :D

Inane Gestures
2014-04-19, 06:00 PM
Inside the house

Malik goes over the details of his nightmares that plague him: the city full of death, the deaths of all those that he cares for, the knowledge that some how he is responsible for everything he sees, and how they all end with the same terrible light surrounding him. He goes into detail about how each dream is different but ends the same with that ominous light surrounding, a pained expression spreading over his face as he does. "That argument you had with dad, how he told ya 'nobody should have that power'. Those words are the only sounds echoing through the streets...they're silent except for the sounds of that argument and the ones questioning my betrayal. And then that light, a white too pure surrounds me..." Malik turns to Janus, the look in his eyes show that of a man haunted by the holocaust he sees in his dreams every night.

Techno Magician
2014-04-19, 07:15 PM
"Ahah, we have arrived" Pascal proclaimed smiling and turning to face Jakri. "So you haven't said much about yourself during this travel" pouting slightly. "Any secrets?" she asked inquisitively, "You know, before we enter a dangerous situation where we will have to depend on each other for our VERY LIVES, like... where you from?" laughing lightly.

It was alright to take things lightly, pascal had come prepared after all. Before leaving she had bought a well made silver ring with small engravings on it for 4 gold pieces. Now she could bind any creature that wasn't too powerful if they came upon one. Then during the travel she cast flight on herself in case she needed to run out of reach of an enemy.

Good quality ring so it has decent presence
Flight at cost of 100, giving myself flight at movement 8
Zeon remaining: 385

PhoenixRise
2014-04-19, 07:38 PM
Jakri stops to face Pascal. I suppose you are right. My name is Jakri, and I come from a village by Kanon, at the front lines. One of my aquaintences and mentor was a soldier for the empire, and I hoped to meet her again. As for the reason why I wanted to meet her again, it was because I wanted to learn more about myself, and what it means to be a Nephilim. I suppose if we continue travelling, you would figure it out sooner rather than later anyways. Also, though my abilities are not so great, I have had some learning about the gift that I possess. Though I'm not powerful enough to affect other items or entities, I can create some small illusions. I notice you yourself are a caster to some degree? I noticed you doing something with that ring you purchased earlier. As he says this, he takes off his hood, revealing his furred, animal like ears. He shakes his head, finally free of that hood, and twitches his ears slightly.

Techno Magician
2014-04-19, 08:19 PM
"Wow, that was a lot, I guess I should tell you a bit about myself then", tilting her head to the side slightly. "Well I grew up in the capital back there, but was a bit of a recluse due to my power with the gift. I was always proclaimed to be a prodigy with the powers of the gift, however recently due to an accident my power as well as sight has declined a lot. I am looking for any sort of mages guild with a powerful mage who might fix the problem."

Pulling out the ring Pascal shows it to him "however my abilities to summon and bind those from beyond has not gotten weaker, so I bound a creature to this ring and can use it for combat. However please be wary of it as I never did train in controlling the beasts, so I just choose something that would instinctively attack the nearest person. She laughs as she holds the ring "So it's good that we had this talk... that might have been a bad scenario. Though don't worry too much, I can return it to it's object at will if it attacks an ally.

Pascal proceeds to look at the ears, and has a sudden urge reaches out her hand towards them. Thinking better of it she calls down her homunculus to her arm, "Oh and this is how I see by the way. I see through their eyes and hear through their ears.". Pascal shakes her head a bit getting the ears out of her mind for now.

bunnygirl
2014-04-19, 11:04 PM
Malik

Janus lends a compassionate ear to Malik's confessions about all of his bad dreams and dreadful visions. "Ya almost sound like some scared little boy." Janus will gather more things in this room, push it into the crate box, and heck, he even fills a second one and stacks that one atop of his first one. "But, Malik, whats'it exactly ya afraid of? Ah can't be made to believe that you tracked your grand-dad all the way here jus' to tell me yer gots the case of the yellow-belly." But because Janus cared when his grandson stood there and looked at him with those eyes filled with sadness and misery, the man heaves a deep-in-the-chest sigh. "Boy, look at me. Ah ain't some dream-expert. If ya come runnin' to me when you was still yiegh-high—" He stops to make a movement with his hand that indicates a small amount of air from the floor to his waist. "—Ah'd tell ya the same thing Ah am right this moment." Then, both of his large hands grasp his grandson around the shoulders and peers a pair of stern eyes on him. "Don't let the fear make ya into somethin' you ain't. Ya hears me, boy?" Janus isn't sure if Malik fully understood that piece of advice. "Ah should know. Ah wouldn't let somethin' like that turn me away from what matters most—" Janus cuts himself off. "To be honest wit' ya, Malik, Ah don't think Ah deserve to be givin' you advice at this point in yer life. Ah'ven't exactly earned Best Parent for the past fifty-somethin' years, ya know."

Malik's grandfather heads back into the previous room.

Inane Gestures
2014-04-19, 11:44 PM
Malik lets out a breath, "I'm afraid of what I could do, you heard about what happened to the Kantrolt gang back in Arklo? They're gone, I killed the lot of 'em in a fit of rage...one their boys killed Trish. That feeling though, I can feel it in my blood, like an itch below the skin. I fight it but I'm worried of what I'll do when I can't." He walks over to one of the piled up crates looking down at its contents. "I've heard stories of what you used to be like, people don't like to talk about it, but I gleaned from it that 'bout the time you came round when I was younga you'd quit your old life. Dad turned you away when you showed up askin' to take me away, but I've showed up now."

bunnygirl
2014-04-20, 03:26 PM
Malik

As Malik peeks at the objects his grandfather is collecting, nothing about the stuff means anything to him because all of it is in another language.

Upon hearing the part that goes 'killed Trish', the crate of boxes drops from beneath Janus' hands. "What—?!"

"Janus."

A young lady whose body is wrapped in fabrics displaying flowery patterns and unique-looking sandals on her feet stands in the room. In her hand is the tin oil lamp hangs that used to sit on the table in the center of the room. Malik will observe her toss Janus a meaningful look in her eyes.

"Malik," His grandfather slowly turns around. "Ah did quit. An' Ah did show up that day and Ah did have the the idea in mah head that Ah was gonna take you wit' me. And, here ya are." With another serious look pressed into the features of the old man's face, "Things changed. So, right now, boy, Ah am asking ya to stop lookin' for me." However, Janus won't be surprised if his grandson doesn't heed his words, either.

Suddenly, there is the bursting of flames and a bright yellowy light engulfs the room. The lady with Janus' lamp seems to have started a fire by tossing the oil lamp into the pile of objects Janus has been piling together in the middle of the room. With the sound of her wood-sandals clunking softly against the floor, she darts to Janus' side. She puts her hand into a pouch at her side, and with the flick of her wrist, she throws it straight onto the floor in front of Malik.

"Bye!"

KA-POW!

And a cloud of black smoke appears.

When the smoke clears, Malik observes from either of their places that once stood Janus and his lady friend steps out a blue-skinned monster and a red-skinned monster. Both of them, identical to the one beside it, almost like twin siblings, with malevolent, shining black eyes, curved, black horns protruding from the top of their heads, just as black manes of hair down the back of their necks, and white fangs that jut out from their bottom lips. Around their waists, they wear tiger-skinned loin-cloths and harbor old scars on their muscled bodies. The pair of brutes are just about Malik's size and weight. In either of own hands, they grip a blunt object with a heavy gray-colored stone fastened by pieces of sturdy rope.

Malik will find himself alone in a burning home with Bruiser One and Bruiser Two...

Pascal and Jakri

The building in that is located in the tiny isle in the middle of the lake nearby lights up in flames.

Inane Gestures
2014-04-20, 04:06 PM
As the Lantern hits the floor Malik brings his arms up to protect his eyes and face and as he brings them down his look of surprise changing into a wicked smile. The old man had left him with a warning, one he wasn't going to follow but for now a fight greeted him,looked him directly in the eyes. It was what he'd been yearning for the simplicity of the fight where right and wrong were as simple as what end of the sword somebody was on.

Malik pulled a thin cigar out of a pocket in his coat biting off the tip and spitting it onto the floor he lit it in one of the fires in the room. Bringing it to his mouth he takes a long draw on the thing. It tasted terrible, like death. Merril hated the smell of the things, most people did, they were strong and mean and unlikable. But to Malik that's just how he liked them. Shifting the cigar to the side of his mouth he smiled at the creatures before him and raised his hands to his sword drawing it off his back in one quick motion.

The sheath of most large swords generally prevents one from drawing their swords making the quick draw of a sword other than a katana, a short sword, or a rapier very difficult. Generally when one draws a Great Sword one has to pull the sheath off their back and pull it off a very long and dramatic motion or for the largest of swords have an underling take the sheath and help you removie it. There in lies the difference between what the castors used to sheath their swords. It was more akin to a long leather belt with a smaller belt outfitted with a snap at the top to hold the sword in place and a small pointed cup at the bottom for the tip of the sword to rest in. This was a design that allowed for one to quickly "unsheath" their sword despite its size, something that had saved Malik's life on multiple occasions. It was a design that Calen had admired and had been trying to incorporate into a quick draw harness for his guns.

As Malik grabbed his sword he gave it a sharp twist to the right popping the button at the top. As he felt the strap come undone and the sword loosen from his back he lifted it up slightly pulling the blade free from the cup at the bottom. Then with one final motion swinging it in a circle and down into the ground in front of him, boards splintering in front of him as his sword slams into the ground. The flames causing the leather belted scabbard to resemble a long reptilian tail in the dancing light.

All of these actions are over in an instant from the slow drawn out lighting of the cigar to the pounding draw of his massive sword. Malik lowers his head, the light dancing over him highlighting only the burning ember of his cigar at the corner of his wicked smile. He grips his swords long handle and charges forward bringing it down into the blue demon.

I guess step one is going to be roll initiative, after that if he is able to he will charge the blue demon also he's going to start gathering ki

PhoenixRise
2014-04-20, 04:23 PM
Jakri cringes slightly when Pascal notes that he may have spoken too much. Ah, sorry for saying so much all at once, I normally try to keep information about myself secret, so I havn't told anyone anything yet, so I guess I just said everything in one go. Jakri laughs awkardly. I figured that you would be more receptive of the idea, being a special being yourself. Hmm....I hope you can find help for your eyes. Actually, tell you what!, I know this magic user myself, who taught me what little I know. If you want, when we go back to Archangel, I can bring you with me to meet-

After proposing that idea to Pascal, Jakri turns to suddenly see the building engulfing in flames in the distance. Knowing that the lady wanted us to protect this man in that house, Jakri immediatly stops his sentance, and rushes over to the house. Actually, lets continue this later, it seems we were slightly late. Jakri attempts to keep is eye out to get a better view of the island, and to try to spot if there is anyone there.

bunnygirl
2014-04-21, 10:13 PM
Initiatives
Malik 4
Reddy 29
Bluey 106

Bluey Attack: 134
Reddy Attack: 138

Malik Defense:
Damage: 8
Ki Acc: 2
Both of the herculean creatures lift either of the knee into the air, raising their weapons toward the ceiling, and take their first, thunderous step toward Malik together. A pair of over-sized blunt objects, one by one, smash and bounce off the flat-side of the black steel of his Buntline Special. It seems that if the monsters continued to press Malik this way, he could end up with his back to a wall of flames...

Initiative
Malik 3
Reddy 103
Bluey 41

Reddy Attack: Fumble
Bluey Attack: Open 226

Malik Defense:
Damage: 37
Ki Acc: 2+1

Yay! You earn a counterattack on the red guy at +35!
The red-skinned one forgets his own strength and drops his weapon right on his big toe. He flinches, opens his mouth, and lets out a frustrated cry.

While his counterpart is making a fool of himself, the blue one continues with the assault. Malik will find this one just a little harder to defend from as it slams Malik a little harder than he expected it to. Thankfully, Malik is built a little tougher, and he handles the blow pretty well.

Holy jeebus, Malik gots his break to finally act first for the third round! :D

Techno Magician
2014-04-21, 10:34 PM
Pascal jumps into the air flying towards the burning building at high speed concentrating some zeon in her hand as she flies forward. Ring at the ready in the other.

Inane Gestures
2014-04-21, 11:58 PM
Malik takes the blow skidding backwards on the rotting ground, coming to a halt just before the fire burning behind him. Digging his fists into the soft wood he pulls himself into motion, flying towards the off balance creature. Gritting his teeth he puts his all into the attack he brings a mighty cleaving blow to fore against the unarmed creature as it leans down to pick up its weapon, attempting to cleave through both the creature and its compatriot as he does then bringing his next attack against the same red skinned monster.

As his counter attack Malik will spend 4 fatigue and make an area attack with a total bonus of 45 (60 fatigue + 35 counterattack - 50) then as his action on his turn he will attack the red oni again

bunnygirl
2014-04-22, 01:49 PM
Pascal and Jakri

A flying Pascal is not impeded by the small body of water and accesses the house on the isle perfectly fine. However, Jakri's options are limited. It is either swimming straight through, or finding an alternative transport.

Techno Magician
2014-04-22, 02:38 PM
The bird on Pascal's shoulder flies forward into the house, while the one above her continues to keeps a lookout. Pascal hoped Jakri would have a way to get over, as she knew she would take too long to give him flight, and didn't have the strength to carry him over.

bunnygirl
2014-04-22, 04:19 PM
Malik

With beads of sweat whisking off the top of Malik's brow, black steel hurls around and slices through flame and demons, sweeping up an impressive whirlwind of embers and debris in a perfect circle. Woosh!

Malik deals 31 damage to the blue guy, 26 damage to the red guy, rendering both their actions useless this round. On the third round, Malik deals 0 on the red guy again. Red loses action. Blue continues.

Malik's follow-up makes Big Red stumble backwards. All the while, Big Blue does the Hulk Smash on Malik.

Malik receives 1 damage. XD Oh, and...

Ki Acc: 1+2+1

By now, the fire has been eating away quickly at their surroundings. The floor, which is weakening beneath the collective weight of three enormous beings, finally gives in.

XD I'll let you decide what you wanna roll for this part.

bunnygirl
2014-04-22, 04:34 PM
Pascal

The all-seeing birds head out into the sky. There is nothing immediate from the one that remains on the lookout. The only thing to note are more woods and the small form of Jakri on the ground who is in the middle of deliberating with himself over his situation. The other bird will circle the burning building. There are several holes in the roof and melting walls that could be accessed.

Inane Gestures
2014-04-22, 06:02 PM
As the floor gives way beneath he looks to make a dash for the door but before he can take a step hes falling into the inky black void. Thinking quickly he stabs forward at the wall in front of him with his massive sword trying to stop his fall before he has to find out whats below.

Malik is going to make an attack on the nearby wall in an effort to stop or slow his descent with his sword

PhoenixRise
2014-04-22, 07:08 PM
Now closing in on the burning building, Jakri ducks behind a shrub, and then once again scans the scene more closely. Whoever, or whatever, caused this fire could still be here. He prepares himself, pulling out his blade and pooling the energy within him, preparing to cast invisibility on himself.

Should I use a Stealth/Notice roll here?

bunnygirl
2014-04-22, 08:30 PM
Malik

Buntline Special stabs right right into the wall and makes for a really nifty hang-out spot. From there, Mailk gets the vantage point at watching Big Red and Big Blue fall through the floor and collapse into a heap on the first story floor. The first story floorboards break and deepen inward like craters beneath the weight of the pair of giants.

The accident is only a set-back for them, however. Grunting and making some real angry-looking frowns, the both of them roll onto their sides and push themselves back onto their feet. The blue one stands back and watches as he lets his brother in red take the lead this time. Big Red curls his hands into fists at his sides, leans forward, and snorts a black smoke from out of his nostrils. He opens his mouth, and suddenly, flames let loose and spray at the man who hangs from the wall like a fly on the wall. Great. More fire to a house that is still is burning up in flames, right?

Jakri

Upon arriving on the isle, the smell of burning, rotting wood and ashes overwhelm the senses. The smoke thickens. Corners of the roof begin melting and falling off the sides. Jakri will hear the sound of things crashing, breaking, and weapons clashing from within the burning building.

Jakri, I will tell you now that regardless you get the Notice or Search roll, there is nothing to see or find at this point. XD

Techno Magician
2014-04-22, 08:37 PM
As the small bird flies inside through the patched roof, With her new found vision inside the house Pascal sees two creatures on the ground floor attacking a man still hanging unto the now collapsed floor above. Pascal will head to the door, and if unlocked open it just a crack and release her creature from the ring in her hand unto the inside of the room on the ground floor and then hold the door closed.

bunnygirl
2014-04-22, 09:15 PM
Pascal

There is a discharge of magic inside the burning home (the door Pascal holds shut tightly momentarily bounces on it's metal hinges from the impacting force that takes place on the other side) and the chorus of angry, discombobulated monsters commence.

Malik

Instead of getting turned into fried chicken on the wall, Malik finds himself hanging like a monkey over what essentially turns into a pit-fight between the two demons and a two-headed beast. Need popcorn?

Inane Gestures
2014-04-22, 09:50 PM
Entranced by the scene taking place below, Malik considers the idea of jumping into the action below, sword first. Suddenly he hears a crunch as other parts of the house begin to cave in, the fire and the collapse of a few of the floors has done a number on the structure of this place. Pulling himself up and standing on the blade-less back half of the Buntline Special, Malik grabs the ledge of the room he fell through pulling the sword out once he gets a good grip. Quickly he gathers what few papers managed to escape the fire and the destruction of the second floor, he may not be able to read them, but Shazod would know somebody; and perhaps they could point him towards the what his grandfather was so urgent to keep him out of. Jamming the papers into his satchel, Malik took one last look at the fight going on below. It didn't matter who won, that fight looked like it was going to bring the rest of the house down on them.

Running full tilt down the hall Malik makes two quick slashes at one of the outer walls then slam his way through. As he falls he will jam his sword into the deteriorating outer wall attempting to slow his fall with his sword.

what I'm attempting to do is break through the outer wall and pull the same thing I did earlier except you said these walls are melting so I imagine instead of flat stopping my decent it will only slow it. I imagine that this will either be a straight up attack on the walls, a feat of strength check, or a mixture of the two

PhoenixRise
2014-04-23, 08:33 AM
Jakri spies Pascal approaching the door of the building.
Ah....I really don't want to have anything to do with this, but I'll be damned if Pascal rushes in this burning building.

He takes some steps forward, coming up to Pascal by the door, asking Do you see anyone inside this building?

bunnygirl
2014-04-23, 09:11 PM
Malik

With his great weapon splitting the wall into two, the seven-foot-something man comes gliding down the side of the burning building, shedding a trail of debris and embers behind him. Rapidly, the ground below approaches, and at last, he will be close enough to land on his own two feet into the grass and dirt.

Pascal and Jakri

As Pascal and Jakri are deliberating among themselves about what could be occurring behind the door of the burning building, a man of great height and size lands right beside them with an equally great sound into the ground, bringing with him a shroud of flying embers, ash, and splintered wood.

Oh, and an exterior wall that is just about to collapse over their heads, thanks to having been ripped off and burned from it's supports. It makes a menacing creeeeeaaakk sound as it tilts and leans over all three of them...

Inane Gestures
2014-04-23, 09:58 PM
A giant of a man stands before you wearing a massive dark leather duster and wide brimmed hat, flat save for center which rests on his head, to match the long coat. A light bear adorns the mans face almost as if he has forgotten to shave for the past few weeks and what was once probably a long thin cigar sits in the corner of his mouth smoldering away. He adjusts his hat which has become a bit disheveled from whatever activity took place inside the house and the fall.

He rips his sword out of the ruined wall of the house and expertly belts it back into its strange sheath. Then he looks up at the two bewildered strangers and takes a long pull on the waning stick of tobacco in his mouth, letting out large puff of foul, acrid, blue smoke. After a thought he looks at Pascal and then Jakri and then almost as if he was about to say something, grabs them. Picking them up he dashes clear of what will soon be the remains of the abandoned house, jumping over the edge of the embankment and sliding down towards where he left his boat.

PhoenixRise
2014-04-23, 11:20 PM
Upon seeing the figure drop behind him from above, Jakri suddenly turns to look, and attempts to make himself and Pascal invisible.

Cast Illusory Invisibility on both me and Pascal, would this count as two casts? (I can use it on multiple objects as long as total Presence is smaller than 140)
Ah, um, not too sure what to roll :s, sorry >.<.

Techno Magician
2014-04-24, 04:09 AM
As the large man grabs her and takes off Pascal yells out "Nooo can't leave my new puppy behind!!!" in despair. She had only just gotten him! "We need to save him! Though he isn't trained..."

bunnygirl
2014-04-24, 12:14 PM
Just as Malik collects a young man and a young woman up, he makes an impressive harrowing escape with them both in two as the house falls apart and crumbles into smoke and flame. For the purpose of this description, a slow-motion event will take place. As Malik's hands extend to either of the two individuals, in mid-grabbing, the female cries out about leaving her 'puppy' behind and then the two of them both literally going poof in the blink of an eye as they make physical contact with their heroic captor. Malik will arrive at the water's edge with his arms empty... but with whatever individuals being there not entirely gone, either.

LMFAO. THIS IS SO FUNNY. XD

Inane Gestures
2014-04-24, 02:12 PM
Arriving at the edge of the water Malik drops the two invisible individuals not even bothering to look back at the collapsing ball of fire behind him. Taking a second, he pops his neck rather loudly, he walks over to the boat he took to the island brushing the dust and ash off of his coat as he does. As he reaches the waters edge he takes the remains of his cigar out of his mouth and drops it to the ground.

"Generally I'd charge money for a save like that." As he says this he pushes his boat out into the water "consider this'un on the house though. In consideration for the girls dog." And with that he hops into the boat and starts rowing.

Techno Magician
2014-04-24, 04:11 PM
Malik, little more than a few meters off the shore suddenly feels a giant lurch on his small craft as a weight lands firmly on it's bow. "As you can clearly see... or not see as the case may be, we were in no need of rescue... unlike you!!" Pointing at the man Invisible scowl on her face. Momentarily forgetting her very reason for even being at the house in the first place. "As such I believe you still owe me a PUPPY!".

Using her magical flight to keep her balance on the now unstable boat she suddenly remembered why she was sent here in the first place and before Malik could respond about her accusation "Oh right, we where sent here by... I don't recall her name... but she was from Archangel and I'm assuming you are the acquaintance she spoke of seeing how you are the only one here. Looking over the large man Pascal thought out loud "I wonder if this means we completed the request... he still seem to be a problem to me" pouting slightly over the loss of her dog.

PhoenixRise
2014-04-24, 04:42 PM
Still wary of this man, as he may have been the source of the fire, Jakri drops the invisibility, but not before he pulls up his cloak again, hiding his distinguishing features. I suppose theres no point in keeping this up. Jakri tentativly speaks to the man. I suppose some thanks is in order, for pulling us out from under the building. However, don't think you have my trust just yet. He says, with a suspicious eye.

Well, we were told to come here to watch out for something dangerous that's about to pass. I suppose this Jakri states, waving his hand in the direction to the blaze Was what they were refering to. I don't suppose you know who, or what, caused this?

Inane Gestures
2014-04-24, 08:31 PM
The boat weaves as Malik tries to compensate for the sudden weight. Finally he manages to get the small row boat under control, as he does he looks up at the now visible girl standing precariously on the bow of his boat.

"My mistake, I'll make sure to remember that next time a burning building is about to collapse on ya while ya appear to not be paying attention, that ya in fact have everyth'n under control."

Looking over at the strange boy standing on the shore "Ya don't have to hide yourself boy, if I'd wanted ya dead, I'd 'a let that buildin' fall on ya." Then after pausing for a second thoughtfully adds "tell the old woman that I 'ppreciate the help would ya." And with that he begins rowing back towards the dock where he left his horse.

bunnygirl
2014-04-24, 10:48 PM
<< Sylar Reaper - Bringer of Nothingness (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?340985-ABF-BtOS-Bringer-of-Nothingness)

Out of nowhere, there is the sound of water being impacted noisily, and the boat springs to a hard right. Lake water shoots up into the air and comes splattering down on the three people occupying a little white-painted boat. When everyone takes a look, they all will find a mysterious man flailing around in the water...

Everyone, say hello to your fourth party member! :D I remind you that your newest party member does not have any skill in swimming. XD

Platinum Piece
2014-04-24, 11:02 PM
Sylar is very confused. One minute he was standing next to Aini, and the next, wait was that water *Splash* Sylar has no idea how to swim, and starts flailing around rapidly in order to try to keep his head above the water.

[roll0]

Inane Gestures
2014-04-24, 11:07 PM
Malik shakes his head, he'd looked at the shore for a second and suddenly everybody was in his boat. The boat barely fit his massive frame to begin with what would one more person be. Sighing Malik reaches over the edge of the boat fishing around for whatever was thrashing about in the water. Finding what felt like shirt he pulls the man out of the water and sets him in the center of the boat. Things were cramped alright but he didn't need to throw the boat off balance and having another person sitting between his legs couldn't make the situation much more awkward.

Staring at the bedraggled man who now sits in the boat he simply shakes his head and begins rowing back to shore. Soon he begins whistling a somewhat haunting tune, one he remembered his father used to whistle when he was patrolling the Arklo back in the day.

If anybody's interested the song he's whistling can be heard here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxMvToVHe7Y

PhoenixRise
2014-04-25, 10:08 AM
Jakri squishes over, wishing he had learn to fly like Pascal. After all has seen today, a man falling from the sky seems par for course. He simply waits silently,waiting to reach the shore.

Techno Magician
2014-04-25, 10:51 AM
Pascal, now seeing a horribly crowded little boat decides to fly back up. 'You know... it might have survived' Pascal thought, and flew back up to get a good view of the collapsed building, after all if anything survived a fire, a mini Cerberus would be it, and it isn't like she couldn't catch back up with them.

bunnygirl
2014-04-25, 12:12 PM
Pascal

As the flying lady hops off the small boat and sets off across the waters to seek out her beloved hell-puppy, she will find that just about everything she's been hoping for. There in the wreckage of the the raging fire, something shows movement and life. A large, two-headed canine stomping around in circles on little isle in the middle of the lake, like a beast that has been caged and stranded on a small piece of land inside a watery cage and walls. It growls and whines, it's tail (the tip alight with a magical flame) whipping around in frustration, hesitant to touch the water's edge. When the creature spots the being responsible for bringing it here in the first place, of Pascal drifting by in the night sky, both of it's heads immediately turn toward the girl. It bare its pairs of canine teeth, the moonlight shining off it's pearly-whites. Like it has been introduced with a piece of meat dangling in the air, it will then start bounding for the air after her, snapping it's jaws again and again at Pascal's feet and never ever able to catch her.

Malik, Jakri, and Sylar

Bump! The boat indicates to Malik that he has reached land and finally managed to bring everyone safely across the lake. Malik's horse is standing by the treeline, having torn it's tethers from the post Malik secured it to earlier, maybe just a little spooked from seeing flames burst from at the lake. From afar, everyone will see the burning wreckage slowly die into nothing but a profuse, black cloud of smoke that enters the night sky. At least, there is moonlight.

Techno Magician
2014-04-25, 01:32 PM
Pascal jumped for joy... flew up and down with joy that her new pet was still alive! "You survived boy!". She dropped down beside the hound and just as it lunged at her one more time she held out her hand containing the ring. A sudden flash happened as the dog turned into the energies it was made of and it absorbed back into it's container. "Good boy" Pascal said as she pet the ring.

Looking across the lake she saw the others where making good time with such a beast behind the paddles. 'Better hurry up' she thought as she took off to meet up with them on the other side.

Inane Gestures
2014-04-25, 04:47 PM
As the boat pulls up to the dock Malik, shifts his weight and carefully gets up and steps up onto the wooden platform that awaits. Tying the boat back into place, he stops the tune he's been whistling and calls over his horse. Climbing on his mount he tips his hat to the other three.

"You kids seem nice, if ya ever need a bit a help, look me up in Archangel, the names Malik Castor by the way."

Platinum Piece
2014-04-25, 05:25 PM
Sylar steps off of the boat still soaked and confused. He looks around at his surroundings and the people around him. Sylar asks out loud, as if to everybody, "Where am I?"

Inane Gestures
2014-04-25, 06:09 PM
Malik pauses for a second looking over at Sylar while his horse whinnies impatiently underneath him, having almost forgotten the strange man who'd fallen out of the sky.

"Right now you're standing not far from the city Archangel, if ya know anythin' 'bout g'ography then ya'd know that Archangel is the capital of Abel; which itself is the the capital of The Holy Empire." Malik turns his horse to ride off then stops, thinking for a second he turns back and looks down at Sylar again. "Listen son, if your lost, or looking for work, or ya need some answers; there ain't a better place to look than Archangel..." Malik reaches into one of his back pack and pulls out some coins and a bundle of cloth, you can't quite make out what kind of coins they are in the darkness. He looks down at the bundle for a second, sighs, then tosses it to Sylar "Clean ya'self up boy, you don't want to go into the city looking like some foreigna that just got pulled out of a lake." Malik turns back in the direction of Archangel "you owe me one." He then digs his spurs into the horse and rides off back towards the city.

He had to make haste he needed to get some sleep before Merril woke up.

Malik threw 5 gold and some clothes Sylar's way, should be plenty of money for the man to get himself situated and though the close might be a bit big on him, they should keep him from standing out.

bunnygirl
2014-04-26, 03:41 AM
For whom it may concern, there is a sign-post nailed to a piece of plain wood that stands up from the ground that reads, "Welcome to the Lake of the Crown." And then a bright red arrow that notes, "This road to Archangel."

Archangel Is Where It's At >> (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?344501-ABF-BtOS-Archangel-Is-Where-It-s-At)

Congratulations to Malik, Jakri, and Pascal! It's time for you to pick up your EXP! :D

Malik receives 19 EXP for posting and/or roleplaying! 5 EXP for fighting stuffs! You get an additional 5 EXP just for being a good sport! :D

Pascal receives 11 EXP for posting and/or roleplaying! 5 EXP for fighting stuffs! And there is additional 5 EXP for being special! :D

Jakri receives 9 EXP for posting and/or roleplaying! 5 EXP for being proactive! And you get an additional 5 EXP for amusing me with that Invisibility spell! :D

Sylar receives 3 EXP just for teleporting into lake water! :D