PDA

View Full Version : [L5R] Agasha Shugenja Build Help

Kalmero
2014-04-19, 07:08 PM
I am playing a Legend of the Five Rings Game using the L5R rules, where I am playing as an Agasha Shugenja from the Dragon Clan. (We're using the Tamori Family rules since we are playing in an earlier setting.) We start with 70 xp and can take up to 10 points in disadvantages. How should I build my character? The game is rather RP heavy, naturally, though there are expected to be plenty of skirmishes. I am definitely the only shugenja in the group.

My current ideas are to make my character acrophobic, due to his air deficiency, putting 16 xp into each earth trait to boost the ring, and putting 12 points into Reflexes to make it 3. I'm unsure about spell selection, skills, and advantages.

Thank you ahead of time!

Terraoblivion
2014-04-20, 07:56 AM
Kinda odd that you went with Tamori when it's set before the Agasha defection, the Agasha school and family is the one the Dragon had while the Tamori took a secondary focus of the Agasha family to center their family around when they stayed behind. Not that it really matters, it's just kinda odd.

Anyway, at 70 XP you'll still be rank 1, which makes things a lot simpler. There are three basics to keep in mind. They are that shugenja really want rings. That Path to Inner Peace is the most common and popular spell in the game. And that people will look to the shugenja to be the smart one if there isn't an Asako Loremaster present, so lores and medicine might well be considered your field. Beyond these, the biggest things I can really say are that a diverse skillset is very helpful and that the etiquette skill can go a long way to save your life. Too much specialization is both XP inefficient, gives diminishing returns and is likely to get you killed due to a gaping hole in your sheet.