PDA

View Full Version : Starship Eternity

An Enemy Spy
2014-04-19, 08:17 PM
Mort
The repetitious beat of the music is all encompassing, the flashing lights dizzying, and the myriad smells of perfumes and drinks intoxicating. Club Aurora is alive with all sorts of people. You sit at a table in the corner, drink in hand, watching the chaos around you.

Rackie
It's slim pickings down in the slums. Mainly people without two pennies to rub together, winos, and other thieves like yourself. Not all of the ceiling lights even work anymore, and those that do just flicker. It's not as if anyone gives a crap about the slums anyway. The floors on higher decks are patrolled regularly by teams of cleaning bots, but here they are strewn with refuse.
You stand in front of an elevator used to ferry people from the living area to the nearest business zone. A bum hollers something incoherent before going back to his alcohol. He can be ignored. Anything he would have worth stealing has probably been traded for the bottle in his hands. The elevator opens, and a girl the same age as you walks out carrying a bag of groceries. She looks slightly less destitute than all the other people who live here.

Claran
Club Aurora pounds like a hammer against a man's head. You sit at the bar. "What's your fancy?" the bartender asks.

Alex
The slum is dark and dirty. There is an elevator in front of which a male human stands leaning against the wall. You wander aimlessly through the halls, past doors and people who pay you little mind. It wasn't always like this. Once, you had belonged to a family, far up in the ship, with a living space with more than two rooms and even a yard and the ceiling had an artificial sky that was bright in the day and dark at night instead of the broken and flickering lights above you now. You served them like a good robot should, but they didn't care. One day a new robot came, one who looked exactly like you except that its chassis said DAU 2000 and then you were out the door and they were out of your life.
A male human yells something incoherent. The elevator opens and a female human walks out carrying a bag of groceries. That was your job once.

Foxyfelix9
2014-04-19, 10:19 PM
Mort congratulated himself. He had managed to snatch a drink from the big red-haired dude currently at the bar without him noticing. He laughed quietly while Ginger glanced around, confused. Maintaining a peripheral watch on Ginger, he watched the dancers, almost mesmerized.

The dancefloor was mostly dudes, but the few girls out there were all easy tens. And most of the guys were at least eights. One girl with platinum blonde hair and a silver dress shimmied with her back to a boy. The dress flashed technicolor where the lights caught it. He caught her eye, then looked away, aware he'd stared too long.

Setting his drink down, he headed out on the floor. No use waiting when you could do.

DeZako
2014-04-20, 07:50 AM
Club Aurora. Ciaran liked this club. As loud, visually offending as it may be at first sight, it was the place for people like him. Shady deals were cut every moment here, and if a night proved unsuccesful for businness, the girls weren't half bad, either.
The bartender, old acquantaince of his, approached him.
"What'd you want?"
"I'll take a beer. It's too early for me to want to get drunk."
The man nodded and went about, fetching a glass and a bottle of beer.
"One of yours, I reckon."
With a glance, Ciaran noted that it was indeed one of his. Last month's shipment from sector H. Uneventful. Brought some nifty profit in.

He focused once again in the club. He saw a young man snatching a glass from a red haired man, and said youngster fade into the crowd giggling.

A normal night at Club Aurora.

Ninjaman
2014-04-20, 08:19 AM
Rackie sets his eyes on the woman. Another victim. Whenever you rob someone you have two options, stealth or snatch and run. Stealing the groceries would be hard to do stealthy though. He looks down the hall, there are not many people, it should be possible to get away. The few there are doesn't seem to care. Not about her kind at least. Sure she might be compared to some of the other sectors. But not compared to us. She has never been Joyous finding a rat under her bet, because then you would at least get dinner. She have never been truly desperate. She will get trough.
Rackie runs up to the woman and puts his bony fingers into her pocket, snatching her wallet. She notices, but not in time to do anything about it. Rackie grabs the grocerie bag with his other hand and starts running. The key when getting away is to outrun your victim, then mix in with a crowd to not cause more suspicion than necessary. It's not that important down here, because people don't really care, but better safe than sorry. He turns the corner and mix with a larger crowd, snatching successful.
He takes the long walk home, no shortcuts through the alleys, he wouldn't want his stolen goods to get stolen. He drops by his friend ReX on the way home. He goes through the glass door into his little shop. His girlfriend is standing behind the counter. "What can i do for you Rackie?" she asks nicely while pretending she doesn't know where he got the groceries from. "I'm here for ReX." Rackie answers without even looking at her, he just walks swiftly and determined towards the door in the back of the room. "What is it honey" ReX asks without moving his eyes from the television. "It's me ReX, have you fixed my computer yet?" Rackie asks. ReX turns his face towards Rackie, "Bot-eye, good to see you, no i haven't gotten around to it." Rackie pulls an apple out of the grocerie bag and throws it to ReX. "Get it done." he says in a commanding tone. "Sure thing pal, i will have it done by evening" ReX says trying to seem calm but obviously scared. "Good." Rackie answers with a smirk before leaving the shop.

An Enemy Spy
2014-04-20, 10:07 AM
Mort
A girl takes you by the shoulder and turns you around. Her long hair is red at the top, and turns orange, yellow, green. blue, indigo and violet as it goes down. ""You're a good dancer!" she shouts over the noise.

Ciaran
""That'll be four stars. I'm sure you can afford it."
When this ship was made, somebody thought it would be cute to give the money spacey sounding names. So now business is done with stars and moons instead of dollars and cents.

Rackie
The wallet has no money in it, just an ID card that tells you your victim's name was Lakshmi Alders. The bag has some food in it, along with a box of tampons.

Alex
The male quickly moves on the female, taking her wallet and her bag. He is gone before she can even turn around. She slumps against the wall and buries her head in her hands.

Foxyfelix9
2014-04-20, 11:41 AM
"You're not bad yourself!" Mort answered. She smiled and put her hands above her head, moving back and forth. She said something else. Mort couldn't hear her over the noise, so he just danced.

At first, they stayed face to face. The speakers were pumping the song of the month, with a signature dance that everyone knew. Mort didn't have regular web access, so he simply imitated the guys dancing around him. Her smile stayed, so he had to be doing something right. Then the music picked up, inasmuch as that was possible in Club Aurora. A cheer went up, and most girls who didn't have partners grabbed one.

She turned around, and stepped back until she was tight against him. Mort was conscious of her perfume, like coconut, and of how soft she was. He let his hands rest on her hips and let her do the dancing. She bent over at the waist and tossed her head back to get her hair out of her face. He caught a glimpse of short dark hair under the colors. A wig?

Mort saw the bar briefly through the crowd. Ginger wasn't there anymore. Probably nothing to worry about.

When the song ended, a friend called her over. Mort followed. Maybe if he was lucky, he'd sleep indoors tonight.

moomoo
2014-04-20, 11:51 AM
Alex is confused. The male and female human were obviously not related. Still the male was now carrying the bags as a good DAU would do for his humans. He registers the emotion of the female as distressed. This kickstarts one of his aid modules as he approaches the female:
"Can I be of assistance, ma'am?"

Ninjaman
2014-04-20, 12:41 PM
Rackie arrives at his home. It is a very small appartment with a bed/couch in the living room, a tiny kitchen and a small bathroom. He put the groceries onto their spots in the kitchen, except for a box of tampons which he just threw down on the floor. He might find something to do with them sooner or later, but for now the floor was great. The wallet did not have money, they rarely have much in this neighborhood, but hey almost always have something. Normally Rackie would go online on his computer, but since it was being fixed he obviously couldn't do that. "Might as well go hit the town." he said to himself. He had heard that club Aurora was good. He puts on his finest clothes, which consisted of a shirt with quite few stains and his only pair of pants that weren't torn. He grabbed his wallet from his drawer and put it in his pants. He He walked through the crowded night time streets of sector B. Everywhere where drunk people and people making money of the drunk. "I could do that." he though, but today he just wanted get drunk.
He entered club Aurora and the techno beats almost deafened him. "I am way too sober for this." he said out loud, not that anyone could hear him. He went up to the bar where some guy was conversing with the bartender. "Three shots." Rackie said holding up three fingers.

DeZako
2014-04-20, 03:32 PM
Ciaran shrugged and tossed the coins at the bartender.
"I think these ones are some of yours. Reencounter night, isn't it?"
Four stars wasn't exactly cheap for a beer, but any place selling beer below that price would probably be a place you wouldn't want to visit.

He watched the bartender go on his way, and noticed a young man asking for three shots to his left. A quick glance revealed a cybernetic eye. Damn, those things were expensive [OOC:Are they?]. And useful, most of the time.

Ciaran had wanted to set up a... company. Smuggling goods was much easier when operating within a larger group. He decided to have a little talk with this guy, with great care. He turned towards him and spoke above the music.

"Nice eye you got th're, buddy. I assume it isn't just for the looks, ain't it?"

Ninjaman
2014-04-20, 05:41 PM
Rackie had just taken his second shot when a guy not much older than himself started talking to him.
"Nice eye you got th're, buddy. I assume it isn't just for the looks, ain't it?" the stranger asked.
Rackie turned against the stranger. "I did not get this eye because i thought i looked cool, nor because it was better than my normal eye." he said angrily. "I got it because i lost my real eye, and this crap was the best replacement i could find."
"But if you must know it has a heatvision option which has been practical on several occasions." Rackie began lightening up. "But it is a cheap model, and it has been repaired, and installed suboptimally." Rackie drank his third shot. "It glitches occasionally." Rackie said while looking the stranger in the eyes.

DeZako
2014-04-20, 08:39 PM
So the guy had gotten himself in trouble in the past. Plus the heatvision was pretty nifty, if unreliable. It was perfect. Ciaran smiled and gestured at the boy.
"Then, this be a good night fer ya, boy. I got som' business that pays well, and that ain't gonna giv' ya much trouble. We get som' crap done, ya get yer money, I get mine, and ev'ryone is happy. 'Cause as far as I know, fixing those... things" he said, pointing at the cyber eye" ain't cheap stuff. I bet yer tired of it glitching and fizzling and whatev'r."

Ciaran then takes a sip from his beer.

"So what, can I count ya in?"

An Enemy Spy
2014-04-20, 10:26 PM
Mort
"It's real." she says when she sees you looking at her hair. She tugs at it as proof. "Genetic modification. It grows that way."

Alex
The female looks at you. "Not unless you're programmed to pull food out of your ass. That was my whole paycheck down the drain and now I don't have any food for a week. I hate this place. How am I supposed to live if I can't even carry food without some ******* stealing it?" she sighs, "Christ. Look at me, talking to a robot."

moomoo
2014-04-21, 02:27 AM
Alex tried to make sense of what the female was saying. He was not programmed to pull food out of any body parts, so he could not really help in that part. Stealing was a level 2 non-executable command. This means it is against the law, but he couldn't register any Law Enforcing & Crime Reducing Androids (LECRA) out here, as in the upper parts. He was not programmed to enforce the law by any means but he could try to recover the goods. He had saved the males properties so it would not be difficult to recognize him. A quick search for Christ in his databases only brought up more confusion.
I am not a LECRA, but I can try to recover your stolen goods madam, please wait here.
He says as he activates his speed boost modules and dissapears in the direction of where the male had gone off too.

Ninjaman
2014-04-21, 04:58 AM
A well paid job, low risk, this was exactly what Rackie need.
"I'm in." Rackie said.
He invited the stranger to a handshake as he said "Rackie Jones. But my friends call me Bot-Eye."

DeZako
2014-04-21, 07:53 AM
Ciaran took the stranger's hand and shook it firmly.
"Great. We'll talk about it in another place. Go to this place tomorrow morning. Ask for Ciaran" said, scribbling down the location of a warehouse he had rented.
"Meanwhile, why don't ya have some fun? "

Ciaran motioned at the dance floor with his free hand and smiled pointing at a group of girls that were dancing alone in a corner.

Foxyfelix9
2014-04-21, 10:45 AM
Mort looked at the stranger warily. He had heard you could catch all kinds of disease off of sleeping with modders. All kinds of rumors were out there - radioactive blood, poisonous spit, modded STDS. He was glad he hadn't kissed her yet. And maybe he'd be better off sleeping outdoors tonight.

He made a quick excuse, and headed back up to the bar, grabbing a stool with empty seats on either side.

Ninjaman
2014-04-21, 02:37 PM
Ciaran handed Rackie a note with the location of where they should meet tomorrow.
"Meanwhile, why don't ya have some fun? "
He pointed at a group of girls dancing in the corner.
"If we should meet tomorrow morning maybe picking up girls weren't going to be the best move." Rackie thought.
"At what time shall we meet?" He asked.

An Enemy Spy
2014-04-21, 10:47 PM
Alex
She follows after you. "Wait, are you some kind of security bot? Can you find that guy?"

Foxyfelix9
2014-04-21, 10:57 PM
Mort sees a guy with a laser eye and taps him on the shoulder.

Ninjaman
2014-04-22, 12:13 AM
Some guy taps Rackie on his shoulder. "What!?" Rackie asks frustrated as he turns to face the stranger.

Foxyfelix9
2014-04-22, 12:23 AM
Mort grabs the drink of the guy sitting next to him and tosses it in the stranger's face. Their electronic eye buzzes and shorts out with a flash and a puff of smoke.

"Huh, so it was real."

moomoo
2014-04-22, 01:40 AM
I am not a security bot, I am a DAU, a Domestic Aid Unit. If we hurry up, we could find the male human, and try to recover your goods.
Alex replies, while moving on.

DeZako
2014-04-22, 04:08 AM
Ciaran sees some stranger throw his beverage on Rackie's face.
"Forget 'bout the girls, I see ya hav' som' stuff to sort out. Tomorrow at nine o'clock. Get that thing checked out" says, pointing at the fizzling eye" and tell me if you need some money up front. I'll be around here if you need help wi' this guy"
Ciaran then fused himself with the crowd at the dance floor, keeping an eye on his new associate.

Ninjaman
2014-04-22, 11:03 AM
The stranger takes a drink from another guy and throws it in Rackie's face. The liquid damages the eye and starts buzzing.
Rackie puts his left arm at the stranger's chest and pushes him into the bar desk. Rackie threatens the stranger with his fist.
"What the hell are you doing!?" Rackie shouts at the stranger.

Foxyfelix9
2014-04-22, 11:24 AM
Mort raises his hands in a "settle-down" gesture.

"Whoa, take it easy man. Accidents happen. I'm sure we can talk this out."

Ninjaman
2014-04-22, 12:16 PM
"Accidents!?" Rackie shouted. "Did you just happen to pick up that guy's glass and throw it's content in my face!?" "You leave right now!!" Rackie shouted higher and waved his fist. "And if i see you again i will not be as understanding." Rackie said with a very serious voice. "DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR!!!?" Rackie pulled the stranger towards him and pushed him back into the desk. He then stepped off and bought himself another drink.

Foxyfelix9
2014-04-22, 12:27 PM
Mort waits until the other man's attention isn't on him, and then brings out on a switchblade and stabs it into his good eye. Then he bolts. Out of the bar, out of sight, (lol get it cause he blinded you) out of mind.

also double lol because you said if i see you again and now you can't

An Enemy Spy
2014-04-22, 12:37 PM
OOC: Please don't tell me you're one of those players who only joins a game so he can ruin it. If you are, I'm going to politely ask you to GTFO and then replace you with someone else.

Foxyfelix9
2014-04-22, 12:58 PM
OOC: Please don't tell me you're one of those players who only joins a game so he can ruin it. If you are, I'm going to politely ask you to GTFO and then replace you with someone else.

Not at all. Rackie just seems like a jerk. And I'd be cooperating with him despite that, but we're not doing anything. If I have no reason to cooperate with the guy Mort doesn't like and nothing else is going on, Mort might as well fight him.

Edit: Although eye admit eye am enjoying the punning a bit too much.

Ninjaman
2014-04-22, 01:18 PM
Rackie Falls to the ground screaming.
"AAAAHHHH!!!! SON OF A... AAAHHH!!!"
Rackie can hardly see with his robot eye being damaged, but he could definately hear him running off.

An Enemy Spy
2014-04-22, 01:39 PM
Mort
Before you can get far, you are tackled to the floor from behind by a security guard the size of a gorilla. He shoves your face into the floor while another guard slaps cuffs on your wrists.

Alex
"A DAU?" She sighs. "Oh well, still better than any other help I can get. Let's go."

Ciaran
Your new associate is now rolling on the floor with a profusely bleeding eyeball. Not the worst thing to ever happen to your business partners, but perhaps you should seek another one to replace him nonetheless.

Foxyfelix9
2014-04-22, 01:47 PM
"Whoa, big fella, aren't you even going to buy me a drink first?"

Mort lies on the floor. He's been roughed up by the cops before; he's pretty familiar with how this goes. Best case scenario - they were busy and he'd be tossed in a cell for the night. Worst case scenario - they had time to think of a few "favors" to ask of him before letting him go.

DeZako
2014-04-22, 02:03 PM
Ciaran was somewhat shocked in his surprise. I mean, he'd seen people get stabbed before, and in nastier places, but not like that, that suddenly.
"Wow, that scalated quickly" said to himself whilst jogging to where his associate was. He picked him up and exited the club. Last thing he needed was having someone related to him (in whatever way) be picked up by rhe authorities.
He sprinted a couple of blocks before stopping in front of a rickety looking door. A couple of seconds passed between him calling and the door sliding open, revealing a wiry man with a sleepy face.
"Oh goddamit 'Aran, whats it now?"
"New associate o' mine 's a fan of getting his eyeballs taken out o' 'im"
The man sighs and signals for Ciaran to enter the house.
"You gotta improve your screening process"
"Not that I asked, Bach, so do your thing and I'll do mine. Take a look at the old cyber eye 'n see if ye can do som'thing 'bout it, too."
The man nods and sets the wounded man on a table, taking out of sone drawer surgical tools.
"You seem to like the boy. Anything I missed regarding your sexuality?"
"Not your business, but nah, it ain't that."
Bach puts on some funky looking glasses and starts fiddling with the open wound, anesthesizing it.
"Then what? Noone pays what you're going to pay for someone they just met"
"First, I only pay if the boy exits this hole by his own feet. And if he does, he's going to be in one hell of a debt with me."
"Aaah, I see. Well cross your fingers, this ain't looking well."

OOC:sorry for the godmodding, thought you'd like your character to be saved. If not, just tell me and I'll retcon it to something else.

moomoo
2014-04-22, 03:04 PM
Alex only nods to that. He was happy to try to help this female, since helping was the reason he was built for. He moves through the streets looking for the male with the stolen goods with the woman in tow.

An Enemy Spy
2014-04-26, 10:17 AM
Mort
"Shove it."
A needle is injected into your neck and you fall unconscious. When you come to, you are in a jail cell. A robot guard stands outside, motionless.

Ciaran
"I got good news and I got bad news. Good news is, your boy toy here's gonna live. Bad news is, he's gonna need a new eye if he doesn't want to have to switch to audiobooks. Luckily, I know where to get robotics on the cheap, though the quality ain't great and the surgeon ain't exactly legally certified."

Alex
You search, but unfortunately your programming was for domestic aid, not for solving mysteries. Even if the thief did leave clues to his whereabouts, it's unlikely that you would be able to find them. A male comes up to the two of you and takes a look at you.
"That's a mighty fine robot you've got there. How much would would you be willing to give it up for."
"It's not for sale." the female says.
"Good." the male says, "Because I wasn't intending on paying." He pulls out a wicked looking knife.

Foxyfelix9
2014-04-26, 10:29 AM
Mort starts singing.

"When I wake up, yeah, I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be some guy who wakes up next to you
When we hang out, yeah, I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who hangs out with you
If I get drunk, well I know I'm gonna beeeeeeeeeeeee

...Well, Iiiiiiii would walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more"

DeZako
2014-04-26, 11:03 AM
Ciaran nods and sits down in a chair directly in front of the operation table.
"That'll have to do. I don't hav' a big budget so if he wants som' fancy 'n shiny eye he'll have to work fer it. Say, Bach, how long 'til he gets up and walks again? Need him in shape for som' work around the lowest parts o' the sector."

moomoo
2014-04-26, 02:51 PM
Alex looks at the new male who pulled out the knife. He puts himself between the male and the female.
Can I be of assistance, sir?

Ninjaman
2014-05-07, 03:27 PM
Rackie opens his eyes after being asleep for a while.

(How well can he see?)