PDA

View Full Version : A Halfling spin off.

YPU
2007-02-08, 04:22 PM
Ok I am making a race based on a race from a LARP. So the race is much like Halflings, except they look like small drow. They are prone to steeling once in a while, but only cause they cant get jobs, and thus they need to steal, and thus they cant get a job etz. The are great storytellers and tend to got a good knowledge of history. They, as well are rather claustrophobic, they like to explore but being stuck between to few walls for to long tends to get to them.
So, what things would need to change from the Halfling, the throwing weapons need to go. For starters. So what do you people suggest?

cferejohn
2007-02-08, 04:57 PM
Well, sounds like they should have a CHA bonus (or a bonus to Perform (Oration) or whatever it is called) and a bonus to Knowledge (History). Preferred class: Bard?

I'm not sure how to implement the claustrophobia. Maybe a -1 to attacks/skills after spending over 8 hours underground or in an environment with ceilings shorter than 7'?

Would it make sense to give them some gnome-like minor magic abilities? Right now they seem to be shaping up to be a cross between halflings and gnomes, but worse than either.

YPU
2007-02-09, 07:14 AM
fafored class should still be rogue, they arent caled thieflings for non. the cha bonus sounds right, haddent tought of that yet.

cferejohn
2007-02-09, 08:04 AM
Ah, so they are a semi-despised underclass (since 'thieflings' sounds kind of like a racial slur)? So they are small and stealthy and dark skinned. How did they come to be? I could see giving them Hide, Climb, and/or Jump bonuses if you envision them as a particularly athletic race.

YPU
2007-02-09, 11:28 AM
just like halflings, they are a bit what halflings are in this seting. there are elves dwarves humans and thieflings.