PDA

View Full Version : What I have learned about pathfinder from these forums....

CyberThread
2014-04-20, 12:52 PM
Your new to the game, pathfinders great!

You have been playing the game for awhile? Well sorry buddy, the class you pick from the start is the only thing you will want to play, because variety sucks.

Shut it down mod! Don't want to call in the firefighters, lets prevent it from turning into a wild forest fire.

Shinken
2014-04-20, 01:11 PM
Broad generalizations are usually wrong and this is a prime example.
I've been playing since 3.0 edition first came out and I like Pathfinder better than 3.5 for several reasons. Also, this thread smells like flamebait.

CyberThread
2014-04-20, 01:18 PM
s. Also, this thread smells like flamebait.

You don't know my posts very well.

Aharon
2014-04-20, 01:19 PM
Broad generalizations are usually wrong and this is a prime example.
I've been playing since 3.0 edition first came out and I like Pathfinder better than 3.5 for several reasons. Also, this thread smells like flamebait.

I haven't been playing pathfinder for long, but this generalization looks pretty true to me. Because of favourite class boni and archetypes, it is far better to stay in your original class in Pathfinder than in 3.5

HolyCouncilMagi
2014-04-20, 01:23 PM
I don't even like Pathfinder, yet this still strikes me as a needlessly provocative way to start a discussion. And what's this about no variety? Sure, there's less stuff if you don't port in from 3.5, but the stuff they do have is generally more worth using than it's 3.5 counterpart, with exceptions of course existing as with all things. Frankly, the idea that the majority of people will choose not to PrC solely to get a benefit that you may never be high enough level to witness is pretty ridiculous; the fact that the option exists does not suddenly make it the defining feature of the system.

And 3.5 is just as newbie-friendly, thank you very much. Don't know where you're coming from with the sudden stereotypes.

Shinken
2014-04-20, 01:25 PM
I haven't been playing pathfinder for long, but this generalization looks pretty true to me. Because of favourite class boni and archetypes, it is far better to stay in your original class in Pathfinder than in 3.5

The problem is implying the game is "not great" because of that.

You don't know my posts very well.

So there is required literature to post in your Paizobashing thread...? :smallconfused:

Vertharrad
2014-04-20, 01:45 PM
As much as I like playing PrC's in 3.x I like how PF went back to the way of forcing you to have to make a real decision on whether to prestige out or stay the course(I loved 2e, being the first tabletop RPG I ever played might make me bias). As much as I liked 3e I think it got too far away from 2e to keep the wonderment that still has me wanting to play 2e. So PF's way of making PrC's a either/or option is a breath of fresh air. Shoot some of the characters I had the most fun with in 3e had no PrC's(no matter what level they were). Between all the archetypes and core options whats wrong with staying unPrC'd in PF? and even then I've seen suggestions on what PrC's to take with certain builds in PF within handbooks on the base classes.

CyberThread
2014-04-20, 02:26 PM
The problem is implying the game is "not great" because of that.

So there is required literature to post in your Paizobashing thread...? :smallconfused:

Yes like the title... What I have learned about pathfinder from these forums....

AuraTwilight
2014-04-20, 02:50 PM
That's still flamebait, dude, because you're implying a generalized opinion about something that I'm sure you know is actually a subject of very varied preference on this forum (homebrewers regularly post content for both, etc).