PDA

View Full Version : EMPIRE! Paco and Fabula

Morph Bark
2014-04-20, 01:55 PM
After all the commotion had subsided a day later and the damage was being cleaned up, the wounded being taken care of, Paco found himself a moment of rest. He realized he still needed to talk to Fabula and explain things to her, as well as resolve whether he could let Greta stay with her for a while and whether she'd allow him to teach Glamora and take her along on his travels. After the night before, Paco had his doubts about that, but nevertheless he set out to look for her. He found Fabula in the gardens near the Senatorial building where the Grand Ball had taken place and sat down beside her on a stone bench. "How is she doing?" He asked after a few seconds.

HisHolyAngel
2014-04-20, 02:45 PM
Fabula had cleaned herself up since the night before. She was out of her party dress, and back into her traditional garb, when Paco arrived, she was staring off into the distance lost in her own thoughts. She did not even notice he was there until he spoke. She jumped a little bit as she was brought back to reality. Her eyes turned to Paco's had lost a little of the light that he had come to know in her, though it certainly was not all gone.
"The Head Priests say it is likely she will never speak again, but they also tell me nothing is wrong with her."

Morph Bark
2014-04-20, 04:03 PM
Paco nodded sadly. "At least she is alright, apart from that. That's definitely good." He took a deep breath. "Greta is still shaken up about it, but she'll be alright. I've taught Shvedrishti to take care of herself, but Greta never needed to be taught that." He smiled a little and was silent for a while as he stared at some flowers. He swallowed and looked at Fabula, a little disheartened that the admirable twinkle in her eyes was less vibrant now. "Do you still want me to explain... whatever all the things are that I might need to explain?" By his count, he'd at least need to tell what exactly was between him and Adam, which was the cause behind his hiding and Humperdink's subsequent dramatics. It was possible Fabula had questions about more than that.

HisHolyAngel
2014-04-20, 04:13 PM
Paco nodded sadly. "At least she is alright, apart from that. That's definitely good." He took a deep breath. "Greta is still shaken up about it, but she'll be alright. I've taught Shvedrishti to take care of herself, but Greta never needed to be taught that." He smiled a little and was silent for a while as he stared at some flowers. He swallowed and looked at Fabula, a little disheartened that the admirable twinkle in her eyes was less vibrant now. "Do you still want me to explain... whatever all the things are that I might need to explain?" By his count, he'd at least need to tell what exactly was between him and Adam, which was the cause behind his hiding and Humperdink's subsequent dramatics. It was possible Fabula had questions about more than that.

Fabula crossed her arms under her chest, turning to fully face Paco.
"You better get started. I am sure you have quite a bit of explaining to do."

Morph Bark
2014-04-21, 06:24 AM
Paco took a breath. "Very well," He said to her with a nod. "It all began when I joined the Temple. I ended up working with the Blazing Avatar sometimes and wrote some of his letters for him. That's how I came to know he wanted the families of Calorum and Pryonia joined together at the place the Lord of Fire was rumoured to have been born. That's how Greta was born, and after the Blazing Avatar died I went to her parents to convince them to let me teach her. However, there was one person whom I feared would be a danger to her." His looks hardened. "Adam."

His teeth clenched firmly and remembering having to leave the Temple now over twenty years ago brought up sore feelings. "I actually had to leave the Temple before Greta's birth. Adam had become First Brother, the temporary replacement of the Blazing Avatar as head of the temple until he--she would return. Adam has always been a harsh man, full of conviction, but very traditionalist. I suspected he had ties to the Order of True Fire, a radical order that operated in Celero, though I have no evidence for it. The Blazing Avatar before the last one was a man cruel to those not of the faith and did nothing about their reign of terror, which allowed them to grow until the Celerese defeated them themselves. The Order went underground and eventually the new Blazing Avatar was murdered by one of their members."

Paco paused for a moment to ensure Fabula was still with him on his story so far. It was a long one, but if he made it too short he'd have to leave out key details. "I was gone from the Blazing Temple when Adam became First Brother, because I headed the investigation into the murder. A few months after my return, I left the Temple. I thought it was not safe for me there. Judging by his reaction to my presence last night, I might've been right on that."

HisHolyAngel
2014-04-21, 10:17 AM
That was a lot to take in, and Fabula sat for a little bit, absorbing it all.
"Do you think—"
She was interrupted as Glamora trotted in holding a flower for Paco. She hands it to him then stands there watching.
"She's been doing this for the last hour or so."
Fabula says, motioning to a small pile of flowers next to her.
"They all mean something. That's a hydrangea. It means perseverance I believe. She's been using them to communicate feelings."
Glamora nods and runds off again.
"Do you think Adam could be the monk in my dreams? The one who...

Morph Bark
2014-04-21, 02:21 PM
"It's possible," Paco replied. Fabula did not have to finish her question. "The only other possibilities are that the monk was simply symbol for the Temple... or that it was the Blazing Avatar."