PDA

View Full Version : Urban Druid Awakening

Gorr_the_Gastly
2014-04-20, 03:14 PM
DMs and GMs would you allow a urban druid to refluff awaken on an object as opposed to a tree or animal?

Imaging a warforged urban druid who has a small armored wagon as a companion awakening the karts and street lamps.

Or maybe an interesting versiob of disney' beauty and the beasts castle complete with talking candles and clocks.

Urpriest
2014-04-20, 03:51 PM
I don't think refluff is really the right word for this.

Awaken Construct is a much higher-level and harder to use spell than Awaken, but that seems largely for balancing Golems and the like. Animated Objects shouldn't be as much of an issue, and Awakened Trees already behave like animated objects, so I think this should be fine.

Gorr_the_Gastly
2014-04-20, 04:35 PM
Well i was thinking of adding a fued between urban and tradional druids in my next campaign and wanted to flesh out their abilities more.

Are you saying the urban druid can or cannot cast awaken on objects?

Urpriest
2014-04-20, 05:29 PM
Well i was thinking of adding a fued between urban and tradional druids in my next campaign and wanted to flesh out their abilities more.

Are you saying the urban druid can or cannot cast awaken on objects?

I mean, you know that they can't, that's not the issue. The issue is whether it would be a problem to make a houserule to let them, and I don't think it would be a problem.