PDA

View Full Version : Your Opinion of Hyperconscious-Exploration of Psionics

Ramza00
2007-02-08, 05:17 PM
Normally I don't really like third party material. We have too much WOTC material, and third party material is hit or miss and can lead to some broken combos.

Regardless Psionic loving is kinda lacking with only one book, an additional supplement that hit the net :smallwink: (some people know what I am talking about), and The Mind's Eye article. Sso I was curious what is your opinion of Hyperoncscious-Exploration of Psionics.

Is it worth money for a pdf download?

Stormcrow
2007-02-08, 06:19 PM
I think your probably better off doing independant reading on Psionics. It exists in one form or another outside the auspices of gaming and those sources will give you a firmer understanding of the mental locales of Psionics.

Ramza00
2007-02-08, 06:28 PM
I am familiar with psionic flavor, I am talking psionic material, like new prcs, powers, feats, etc.

Is it worth it? Or does it make too much of a mess with the already existing material?

Starbuck_II
2007-02-08, 06:39 PM
Hyperconscious adds a loy of nice things.

Psionic, Sleep is wonderful.
It adds a variant to bring back psionic combat and isn't bad (I like it).
Adds a few awesome Prcs (one that acts similar to 3.0 Soulknife Prc).

Fax Celestis
2007-02-08, 06:50 PM
From what I've heard, it's everything CPsi should have been.

Ramza00
2007-02-09, 12:58 AM
It adds a variant to bring back psionic combat and isn't bad (I like it).

I don't want variants, I want to know if the material naturally flows with XPH, Mind Eye, and to a limited extent Complete Psionic. I don't want previous versions of psionics, I want 3.5.

What I am trying to say, does the material stand on its own, its a natural progression? Is it balanced? Does it make sense mechanic wise.

From what I've heard, it's everything CPsi should have been.
This is the type of info I want to hear. If its the natural successor of XPH this is good. It may be the natural flavor successor, but does it work mechanically? I can always change flavor, mechanics are harder to mess with.

Thanks everybody that answered so far, but I still want input from more people :smallsmile:

Bears With Lasers
2007-02-09, 01:11 AM
I think your probably better off doing independant reading on Psionics. It exists in one form or another outside the auspices of gaming and those sources will give you a firmer understanding of the mental locales of Psionics.

Um.
No, it doesn't. You can't move things with your mind.
Unless you meant, y'know, other fiction... which isn't really relevant to D&D.

Ramza00
2007-02-09, 04:29 PM
Anybody else have the book and an opinion?