PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Skaven

Ranting Fool
2014-04-20, 04:19 PM
I'm thinking of making a Skaven-like race (From Warhammer) and was just wondering if there are any good ratmen like races out there to have a look at first :smallbiggrin: or suggestions to what I might want to give them.

+Dex
-Str
Vast breeding and population
Mutations?

Eldan
2014-04-20, 04:32 PM
Nezumi are ratmen, but don't fit too well.

The problem is, I think, that they should probably have a penalty to a lot of stats. Wisdom, constitution, charisma... don't really see strength, though. They aren't any weaker than humans.

40 ft. land speed, though. And probably a bonus on saves against poisons and disease.

Mutations can probably be covered by the graft system.

TandemChelipeds
2014-04-20, 04:58 PM
I'm thinking Skaven should probably be designed with the Rogue, Barbarian, and Alchemist in mind. I'll echo what Eldan said about ability scores and save bonuses, though I disagree on Constitution. Maybe there can be a mutation that changes that; I just don't think filthy rat-people would have a bad Con score, especially considering that Skaven are actually pretty burly. Mutations can be covered by alternate racial traits or racial feats(I'm thinking with Pathfinder in mind, here).

Ashtagon
2014-04-21, 05:56 AM
Here's what I brewed up a long while back.

Medium size
Abilities: +2 Dexterity, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma. Optionally, may choose to gain an additional +2 Dexterity (+4 total) in exchange for -2 Strength.
Base land speed is 40 feet.
Darkvision 90 feet.
Scent ability (see SRD for details).
+4 racial bonus to Balance, Climb, Swim, Hide, and Move Silently.
+2 racial bonus to saving throws against warpstone, poison, and disease.
Favoured class: rogue

The ability modifiers are based on the statblock as presented in WFRP 2e.

Debihuman
2014-04-21, 09:39 AM
This might be useful: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/adamant-entertainment/ratkin

Debby