PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Fullblade

Kennisiou
2014-04-20, 07:29 PM
I can't seem to find any errata anywhere for the Arms and Equipment Guide, but know that Fullblade is based around 3rd eds weapon rules and doesn't work with 3.5 ed's quite. Mostly want to know if there was any sort of errata or update to how it should work or if you still just take EWP: Fullblade and can wield it normally.

Coidzor
2014-04-20, 07:47 PM
As far as I've ever found it does seem to be one of those moments where it's up to the DM if and how they want to update it. Since I don't think Errata quite covers updating it to 3.5 from 3.0.

Certainly wasn't one of the books that I remember seeing in the list of update booklets on the WOTC site.

Larkas
2014-04-20, 07:56 PM
Eh, just ignore the fluff and stick to the crunch. Like any other exotic weapon, you need EWP to use it, and you could use it anyway by taking -4 to attacks. It's got a special property over martial weapons like (ideally) most exotics, it's just specific in the fact that this special ability is increased damage dice. It's still a two-handed weapon made for medium creatures.

Edit: Oh, and don't forget to give EWP: Fullblade a Str requirement, mirroring the Bastard Sword.

Edit2: If you want to get more technical, you could say that a Large creature needs either EWP: Fullblade or EWP: Bastard Sword to use a Medium-sized Fullblade one-handed without (further) penalties.

Thiyr
2014-04-21, 12:18 AM
There's no official update/ruling on it afaik. That said, all it is is a large sized bastard sword, which doesn't inflict the inappropriate size penalty when wielded two handed by someone a size category lower. Every stat aside from that lack of penalty is the same.

While not an update per-se, if you're looking for that "big, exotic sword" feel in your weapon, might I direct you to the Jovar from Planar Handbook? Still not worth the feat imo, but it could fill that massive-sword-sized hole in your heart without the rules-y issues you're dealing with.

Captnq
2014-04-21, 12:57 AM
My Sig. Get the EVD. Folder: Combat Equipment. Weapons-Shields v4.05.doc
Search "Fullblade"

Larkas
2014-04-23, 03:58 PM
My Sig. Get the EVD. Folder: Combat Equipment. Weapons-Shields v4.05.doc
Search "Fullblade"

Weird... All three links are broken for me. :smallconfused: