PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Build me a charger

torrasque666
2014-04-20, 10:31 PM
I know a Warforged Charge isn't the best base, and I know a Martial class isn't the best either, but I'm dead set on playing a Martial Charger who mostly uses his natural weapons. Given these three limitations, what is the best build I can do? This is including templates.

CyberThread
2014-04-20, 10:41 PM
to lazy to build you one ....

Dungeoncrasher fighter, barbarian for pounce , Warforged Juggernaut , war hulk

torrasque666
2014-04-20, 10:43 PM
I was thinking Juggernaut and War Hulk. War Hulk, mostly for a bit of fluff because I like the idea of him being essentially a raging combat monster, and 3 levels of Juggernaut for the immunity to mind-altering effects to protect my teammates from myself considering the abysmal will save it would have.

CyberThread
2014-04-20, 10:47 PM
When you are late in the build, throw some crusader levels in, so you can auto heal yourself, without taking any reduced healing cost.

torrasque666
2014-04-20, 10:50 PM
Well with the prereqs for juggernaut and at lest one level of warhulk, not including templates, this puts me at an ECL of 14, minimum. Add in any other LA things and that goes up. So I then only have probably 6 levels to fill.

CyberThread
2014-04-20, 11:03 PM
well you can google some charger prc things, if you want to go something unique though, I mean Crusader for the debuff stances, and the healing maneuvers, ontop of those maneuvers that let you avoid DR.

Just some ideas

Chargining Minatour : 2d6 + str extra damage on a charge

An not really much else really helps with charge, besides a boost or counter.

So when you take a crusader class or whatever, look at the maneuvers as something to do besides, run head first into something.

I would also suggest you look into warforged attachments , and ways to use cost reduction.

torrasque666
2014-04-20, 11:06 PM
By "Charger" I meant the Warforged Charger (MM3, P191)

CyberThread
2014-04-20, 11:13 PM
Am against that idea, get a regular warforged, and just go with juggernaut, and you will get most of those abilities through the prc with not as harsh down side.

torrasque666
2014-04-20, 11:14 PM
I'm using one already, but he doesn't seem mindless enough for me. Granted, I can fix that at next level by taking a level in War Hulk.

Azoth
2014-04-20, 11:20 PM
Half Minotaur Warforged Dungeon Crasher Fighter6/Barbarian2 (whirling frenxy/pounce/imp trip)/Warforged Juggernaught5/Warhulk4/Warblade2.

(flaw) adamantine body
(Flaw) power attack
(1) Imp Bullrush
(ftr1) Imp sunder
(3) free
(ftr4) free
(6) shock trooper
(barb2) imp trip
(9) combat brute
(12) leap attack
(15) free
(18) free