PDA

View Full Version : Gish Rider help

Val666
2014-04-21, 02:27 AM
Hello guys
I was wondering about a Horsemen of Apocalypse build (well...actually 4 different mounted builds) to play with my party on our next adventure. While doing that, I came with this idea:

Wizard 5/ Fighter 1/ Knight Phatom 1/ Ur Priest 1/ Knight Phatom 4/ Mystic Theurge 9.
Thats a total of 10 BAB At level 20 (Go divine power) 17 Arcane spellcaster level for wizard and 10 divine spellcaster for Ur Priest. My questions are: Which feats should i take to improve mounted combat with this build? Items(Weapons and Armor, can use light armor thanks to Knight Phantom). Are there some good mounted spells?
Does this build actually works? I dont know if there's a mistake over there.

Thank you people (:

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-04-21, 08:41 AM
Your divine caster level is much higher than you think with that. Ur-Priest adds half your other spellcaster class levels to determine its caster level, including half your Mystic Theurge levels due to its wording. So your Ur-Priest caster level is (1+9) + (5+9)/2 = 17. Take Practiced Spellcaster and it's max. You should probably get two Ur-Priest levels though, for Rebuke Undead to power Divine Metamagic.

I'm also counting 12 BAB at 20th level.

I think you're trying to do too much with this build. A Fighter 2/ Wizard 4/ Spellsword 1/ Abjurant Champion 5/ Knight Phantom 8 gets 9th level spells and a +18 BAB at 20th level.

Val666
2014-04-21, 08:40 PM
Thanks Biffoniacus_Furiou for the advice, I changed the build to Wizard 5/Fighter 1/Knight Phantom 4/Ur Priest 2/ Mystic Theurge 8.

I know im trying to do a lot with that build but trust me, my board is full of optimization D: (almost every build have Ur-Cheese). So this build is actually "weak" Dx. What I wanted to know is which feats should I use? I want to have good mounted/unmounted/supporting and damage abilities. Also which weapon/s should i carry?