PDA

View Full Version : (EMPIRE! FFRP Thread, Open, Ongoing) The Academy of Culture and Prowess

WaylanderX
2014-04-21, 07:48 AM
The Academy of Culture and Prowess

This is a free RP thread for anyone who wants to join, not only players of Empire!
EMPIRE! is a massive kingdom game on the world-building forums, involving about 30-40 players, ruling 50 or 60 nations across the fantasy world of Telluris. This thread is open to anyone who wants to role-play inside the world of EMPIRE!, whether they play the main game or not. This RP thread is set in a low medieval fantasy setting.

Semi Collab with the Technical Institute for Brilliant Minds thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?342291-EMPIRE-Open-Ongoing-The-Technical-Institute-for-Brilliant-Minds). Exchange students and other interactions are possible!

TL;DR version:

- Low magic medieval setting.
- highschool/university adventure and drama .
- Drop in Drop out as you want.
- Anyone can join!
- Anyone can drop in anywhere.
- If you want to play something else than a student or a teacher, just say it and we can arrange something!

For background information about the empire in which this Academy is situated, please take a look at this:
Hurosha Empire (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?335042-EMPIRE!-Community-World-Building-Game-III-Prepare-Your-Inbox!-%28Messages-Are-Coming%29&p=17152853&viewfull=1#post17152853)

In this thread, you can either RP a student, one of the teachers or someone else on campus (do PM me with your choice though). The student hail from one of the regions in the Hurosha Empire (Kasumor, Zargrim, Shikurai or Gwrîstîn). Foreign students are possible, but they need to have permission from one of the Ambassadors or the Empress herself. Also, they need a supervisor, which may be freely chosen from the teachers. Every teacher can supervise a maximum of 5 students (100 foreign students max at this point in time). The total number of students present on campus is around 800. For the teachers, they can chose to teach one of the following subjects (The brackets indicate the racial prerequisites, races are found in the region descriptions) and can be of any origin, also foreign:

Kasumor Culture (Cloudiz only):
Zargrim Culture (Goblin only):
Shikurai Culture (Ore Elf or Goblin only):
Gwrîstîn Culture (Menhîrin only):
Grand Coalition Culture (Any):
Union of the North West Culture (Any):
Dawnleague Culture (Any):
Salterri Culture (Any):
Fighting Style Master, First rank(Any race except Menhîrin):
Fighting Style Master, Second rank(Any):
Hurosha Creature Biology (Any):
Goblin Technologies (Goblin only):
Geology (Menhîrin only):
Shikurai Spiritualism (Ore Elf only):
On the subject of Bori (Any):
Ashmar, Origins and Teachings (Any):
The Lord of Fire (Any):
Radurjan Philosophy (Any):
The Goddess of Ice (Any):
Ancient Cloudiz Customs (Cloudiz only):
History of the Hurosha Empire (Any):
History of the Grand Coalition (Any):
The Struggle for the Heartwaste (Any):
The Staring War (Any):

If you want to play a teacher and you want to know more about the subject you are teaching, just post it here with an OOC tag or give me a PM.

Academy Campus Map

Dimensions: 600 meters by 500 meters

http://i59.tinypic.com/29fcr3a.png

Legenda:

I-VI: Structure Name (Courses given there)

I: The Halls of Rest (Dormatories (The sexes are not seperate! (Foreigners have their own section)))

II: Temple of Ashmar (Prayers and Sword-Priest Training (Not a course))

III: The Halls of Faith (Ashmar Origins and Teachings, The Lord of Fire, On the subject of Bori, Radurjan Philosophy, The Goddess of Ice.)

IV: The Great Dojo (Fighting Style master, First and Second Rank, Stables)

V: The Halls of Knowledge (The Struggle for the Heartwaste, History of the Grand Coalition, Ancient Cloudiz Customs, The Struggle for the Heartwaste, The Staring War, Geology, Hurosha Creature Biology, Goblin Technologies)

VI: The Halls of Culture (Shikurai Spiritualism, Shikurai Culture, Zargrim Culture, Kasumor Culture, Gwrîstîn Culture, Grand Coalition Culture, Union of the North West Culture, Dawnleague Culture, Salterri Culture)

Green Area: Academy Gardens and Mount Training Court
Brown Area: Combat Training Grounds

Ingame description:

Before you looms the great Academy of Culture and Prowess, a great mass of structures surrounded by a great obsidian wall, shaped like a pentagon. The walls shimmer in the moonlight, the great adamantine gates bustling with activity. You can see a great number of races, Cloudiz blooded humans, goblins, ore elves and even some Menhîrin, creatures made up of crystal in all shapes and sizes.

Inside the campus, the buildings are made of regular granite, smaller adamantine gates giving access to the rooms inside. The rooms are arranged in such a way that everybody can see and hear the lecturer. Students are seated on a sort of amphitheater like structure on one side of the room, while a stage-like portion on the other side allows the teacher full vision of the students who are listing to his lessons. The chairs for the students are grouped by race. Big chairs for the larger Menhîrin, normal chairs for the elves and humans, and smaller chairs for the goblins.

In the middle of the courtyard outside stands a great statue of a man, appearently in his late 30's, holding a basked-hilted greatsword, its tip on the ground. It's plaque on the bottom says:
“In honor of Marius Earthguard, first Shïnguard of the second era, may his name and Prowess live on forever.”

There are field on which a couple of dozen of students are practising their martial Prowess. You see all kinds of weapons, spear, greataxes, kusari gama. Even a couple of crossbows and hand-to-hand combatants. At the opposite side of the field, the Great Dojo stands tall, a traditional building made of both stone and wood, statues of great warriors standing guard at the entrance.

The Halls of Rest, or the dormitory, is the largest building on campus, enough to potentialy house 2000 students... or soldiers in times of need.

This is the Academy of Culture and Prowess. The place in the world where the best of the best gather, to learn, improve and eventually transcend themselves in Eternal Prowess.

QuintonBeck
2014-04-21, 10:47 AM
Year 386

((Sharas, Woodwind Girl, Niece of the Empress Syana Ignato, 15 in the year 386, betrothed to Yr Earthguard, nephew of Empress Nyllana Earthguard))

Sharas looked about the Academy, it was familiar ground, she and Yr had been attending during the semesters for the last three years, but this was her first free year. The past semesters had been filled with basic education requirements, general overviews of broad concepts, so many cultural classes she could recite the alphabet in almost twenty dialects, and of course the famed Kasumori fighting arts, though so basic as to not even have an entry in the Scrolls of Prowess. This year however she would be free to pick her classes, more advanced teachings with more specified knowledge. The first of three years in which she would be able to do so.

"Let's go get our dormitories then," she said to Yr who stood beside her, picking up her bags and heading deeper into the campus.

"What are you thinking about taking?" she asked her friend.

They were betrothed officially, and the time they'd spent together had made them into good friends but Sharas wasn't sure how she felt about marrying the young man after their time at the Academy was over. It wasn't anything against him, it was just a distinct lack of knowing any other suitors her age and knowing she would end up with him even if she had. It wasn't quite a trapped feeling, though that captured some of it, she wasn't sure what to think but she knew continuing to think was only going to make her overthink it.

WaylanderX
2014-04-22, 05:08 PM
Year 386

((Sharas, Woodwind Girl, Niece of the Empress Syana Ignato, 15 in the year 386, betrothed to Yr Earthguard, nephew of Empress Nyllana Earthguard))

Sharas looked about the Academy, it was familiar ground, she and Yr had been attending during the semesters for the last three years, but this was her first free year. The past semesters had been filled with basic education requirements, general overviews of broad concepts, so many cultural classes she could recite the alphabet in almost twenty dialects, and of course the famed Kasumori fighting arts, though so basic as to not even have an entry in the Scrolls of Prowess. This year however she would be free to pick her classes, more advanced teachings with more specified knowledge. The first of three years in which she would be able to do so.

"Let's go get our dormitories then," she said to Yr who stood beside her, picking up her bags and heading deeper into the campus.

"What are you thinking about taking?" she asked her friend.

They were betrothed officially, and the time they'd spent together had made them into good friends but Sharas wasn't sure how she felt about marrying the young man after their time at the Academy was over. It wasn't anything against him, it was just a distinct lack of knowing any other suitors her age and knowing she would end up with him even if she had. It wasn't quite a trapped feeling, though that captured some of it, she wasn't sure what to think but she knew continuing to think was only going to make her overthink it.

Year 386

Yr put his shoulders below his bags, lifting his large backpack off the ground, and started following the girl he called a friend. His parents, especially his mother, kept telling him how lucky he was to be able to marry such a girl when he completed his training here. He himself wasn't so sure. She was nice, that certainly and their had become good friends over the years, but somewhere he still dreamt of the mercenary life his father used to tell him about. His father...After his death at the Grand Ball, his life changed drastically, his mother obsessed with taking her "Tekorvan Birthright" as she called it. He had grown over it, but it still hurted a little.

"The courses? Well, this year I'm thinking of starting with Grwîstîn Culture, Martial Training and Grand Coalition Culture. That I am going to do later this year I am not sure of yet, what about you?"

While they entered the campus, following the stream of student entering in the morning, Yr and Sharas saw a familiar figure walking towards them. Peddis, the Menhîrin gatekeeper of the Academy, waved cheerfully towards them, greeting them when they walked past.

http://37.media.tumblr.com/5c5372c9292b5c8a15a7da534816413c/tumblr_n20xn9FHu11qjyqixo5_500.png

"Hey there YOUNGUN...*ahem*...youngun Earthguard......Ya ready for the new year? We got a lot of interesting new students this year, some even from as far as the Jeweled Cities and even the frozen land in the east. That might be of interest to YO....*ahem* you to check them out, Master Yr. Bleh, I really need to readjust to this soft volume I am supposed to speak in."

He shaked his head and turned to Sharas.

"Aah, lady Sharas, you look LOVE...*ahem*...lovely today. So what are ya going to focus on, if I maybe so bold to ask? Ya going for the culture, or more for the Prowess, if you get my meaning?"

He winked cheerfully.

Lord_Burch
2014-04-22, 06:00 PM
Year 386

[Lannius Finir, 16, son of Duke Nathaniel of Adessa, cousin of Alice Bordeux]

Lannius grimaced as he saw the imposing structure that was the Academy; he really didn't want to be here; besides, he stuck out like a sore thumb: he was tall and pale, with fiery red hair. His father had an idea to send him abroad, although he guessed his Uncle Cedrik had a hand in this, somewhere. His mother had said it would be fun; relations were still somewhat strained between the UN and GC, especially since the death of Lord Aris, but he was one of the few who had the "opportunity" to move abroad. He didn't even have much of an idea of what he would take; he expected Grand Coalition history, but beyond that, he had no clue.

QuintonBeck
2014-04-22, 06:23 PM
"Hello Pedis!" the young girl smiled and lifted her baggage laden hand in a half wave.

"I'm thinking about looking into the subject of Bori alongside Coalition history and some focus on fighting styles," she answered Yr and the Menhîrin, "The Great Eel spirit seems so strange, I'd really like to know more about it and I'm about fed up with culture classes," she stuck out her tongue to accentuate her distaste.

"Say, Pedis, do you know if there's any more students from Woodwind coming?"

She asked Pedis every year and every year it was the same answer but that didn't stop her. Her sister had said she was going to try and talk their mom into letting her come but the Empress hadn't seen fit to send her other daughter, her one daughter she supposed quietly, away from Triumvirate lands. She knew why, she wanted to make sure Mira knew governance, but it was tough for Sharas to be without a friend from home, especially in the Academy that had been mostly people from Hurosha for the past few years. It was opening its doors to more nations this year supposedly though so perhaps Pedis might have a different answer.

Logic
2014-04-22, 07:20 PM
Year 386

Fastion Noth, distant cousin to the Queen of Celero, stood before the stone and wooden gates to the Academy of Culture and Prowess. He had learned all he could from the Unther Academy in his homeland, and now hoped to learn from what was reported to be the greatest school of fighting in all of Telluris.

Nearly forty years old, Fastion looked every bit his age. He was pale for a Celerii, his hair had begun to grey, and he shaved his beard twice daily, as the grey had already conquered his strawberry-blond facial hair. He focused on the gates, with his hazel, almost grey eyes, and knocked, hoping to see the headmistress of the academy before dark.

I don't know if the headmaster of this academy is a man or a woman, but this character is expecting to find a woman.

I also thought it would be good to change things up a bit by adding a much older petitioning student than the school usually sees.

WaylanderX
2014-04-23, 04:53 PM
Year 386

[Lannius Finir, 16, son of Duke Nathaniel of Adessa, cousin of Alice Bordeux]

Lannius grimaced as he saw the imposing structure that was the Academy; he really didn't want to be here; besides, he stuck out like a sore thumb: he was tall and pale, with fiery red hair. His father had an idea to send him abroad, although he guessed his Uncle Cedrik had a hand in this, somewhere. His mother had said it would be fun; relations were still somewhat strained between the UN and GC, especially since the death of Lord Aris, but he was one of the few who had the "opportunity" to move abroad. He didn't even have much of an idea of what he would take; he expected Grand Coalition history, but beyond that, he had no clue.

While Lannius went through the gates, onto the campus itself, he noticed some of the students indeed looking at him. However, it was more a look of curiousity than animosity it seemed. All of a sudden, a young Kasumori woman, looking around 20 old, bumped into him while she was gliding past, crashlanding on her bottom. Her scrolls spilled all over the floor before her.

"By Ashmar! Not again! This luck of mine is cursed I tell you!"

She recovered, dusting herself off and noticed Lannius. She quickly made a quick bow in apology.

"I'm sorry, that was my fault, I was trying to get to my classes too quickly it seems."

She took a look at his exotic features and added:

"Are you new here? You don't seem to be hailing from the Hurosha empire."

"Hello Pedis!" the young girl smiled and lifted her baggage laden hand in a half wave.

"I'm thinking about looking into the subject of Bori alongside Coalition history and some focus on fighting styles," she answered Yr and the Menhîrin, "The Great Eel spirit seems so strange, I'd really like to know more about it and I'm about fed up with culture classes," she stuck out her tongue to accentuate her distaste.

"Say, Pedis, do you know if there's any more students from Woodwind coming?"

She asked Pedis every year and every year it was the same answer but that didn't stop her. Her sister had said she was going to try and talk their mom into letting her come but the Empress hadn't seen fit to send her other daughter, her one daughter she supposed quietly, away from Triumvirate lands. She knew why, she wanted to make sure Mira knew governance, but it was tough for Sharas to be without a friend from home, especially in the Academy that had been mostly people from Hurosha for the past few years. It was opening its doors to more nations this year supposedly though so perhaps Pedis might have a different answer.

OOC: I hope you do not mind RPing a Woodwind person later on.

"Well, as a matter of fact, there are actually two new Woodwind students! Or so they CLA..*ahem*..claim anyway. If you miss your kin, you better go pay them a visit later on, miss. You'll find them in the dorm I imagine, in the foreigner's quarter. But if you'll excuse me, I see those Guilderese students of last year trying to sell shady goods again, so I'll have to break that up."

And with that, Peddis bursted into motion, charging towards two student who seemed to try and sell something to an unfortunate first year who was just walking by. Turning pale, they dropped their goods and made a run for it. Nobody wanted to get caught by Peddis, not on their first day.

Fastion Noth, distant cousin to the Queen of Celero, stood before the stone and wooden gates to the Academy of Culture and Prowess. He had learned all he could from the Unther Academy in his homeland, and now hoped to learn from what was reported to be the greatest school of fighting in all of Telluris.

Nearly years, Fastion looked every bit his age. He was pale for a Celerii, his hair had begun to grey, and he shaved his beard twice daily, as the grey had already conquered his strawberry-blond facial hair. He focused on the gates, with his hazel, almost grey eyes, and knocked, hoping to see the headmistress of the academy before dark.

As you walk onto the campus and ask around, you find the students of the Academy very friendly and helpfull and as such you manage to find your way to the headmaster/mistress office pretty easily, which is located in the righthand building of the Halls of Knowledge. When Fastion arrives at the office, he stands before a great ornate adamantine door, which an obsidian knocker in the middle.

QuintonBeck
2014-04-23, 05:52 PM
OOC: I hope you do not mind RPing a Woodwind person later on.

"Well, as a matter of fact, there are actually two new Woodwind students! Or so they CLA..*ahem*..claim anyway. If you miss your kin, you better go pay them a visit later on, miss. You'll find them in the dorm I imagine, in the foreigner's quarter. But if you'll excuse me, I see those Guilderese students of last year trying to sell shady goods again, so I'll have to break that up."

And with that, Peddis bursted into motion, charging towards two student who seemed to try and sell something to an unfortunate first year who was just walking by. Turning pale, they dropped their goods and made a run for it. Nobody wanted to get caught by Peddis, not on their first day.

OOC: Nope, just got to come up with who they are...

Sharas smiled at Pedis' news and turned to Yr,

"Come on, let's get to the dorms!" she was walking faster, quietly hoping Mira had talked the Empress into letting her come to the Academy and that her sister had just decided to play a trick and not tell her.

The two young people got to dorms relatively quickly and Sharas split from Yr as they went to their separate sections, foreigner and native, in the dormitory. She found her room ,the same one she'd had the year before, and threw her stuff inside after checking that none of her roommates had arrived yet. Afterwards she made her way to the central room of the Foreign Dormitory quarter, scanning the faces gathered there. She spotted two dark skinned boys, though not as dark as her, talking and her face sunk some. Those were probably the Woodwind students Pedis had seen and clearly neither were Mira. She approached them anyway to confirm her suspicion.

"Hi there, are you two from Woodwind too?" she asked, waving and smiling.

The two boys turned from their conversation, and one, the shorter of the two who had green eyes and a tattoo on his arm that looked like it belonged in the Jeweled Cities spoke for them,

"Yeah, we are, mostly. I'm guessing you are too?"

"Yeah," she nodded, I'm the Empress' niece."

"I guess that makes us your uncles," the boy said, seemingly ashamed of the idea.

"Uncles?" she asked confused. She knew her family, her only uncle was Dyamusan.

"We're bastards, born of Borin Ignato," the other boy spoke up, "Not official Ignatos, not even belonging to our father's old family Halfar."

"Guess they don't have rules for us in the official records so we got to pick our own names once the Emerald City orphanage let us. I'm Turk Ignafar."

"And I'm Roderick Ignafar. Please don't think we have anything against your family, it's your great aunt Remina who paid to get us sent here, it's just a bit of a sore subject."

"Well, um, I'm sorry, I mean, I'm glad you're here, it's good to meet you," Sharas was a bit jumbled, she hadn't expected to meet family, especially not family like this, "Maybe I'll see you two around."

With that she disentangled herself and fled back out to the campus grounds. She was a bit dazed by the whole encounter and figured some fresh air might do her some good.

((Feel free Burch to run into her, Way if you want to have another character or have Yr come find her, or anyone else who's adding in a character. Also, if anyone's interested in being roomies let me know :smallwink: :smalltongue:))

Lord_Burch
2014-04-23, 06:15 PM
*snip*
Stooping to help gather up her scrolls, Lannius waves off her apology.

No, it's fine. Don't worry about it. Ah, yes, I'm from Bordeux. Adessa, if that means anything to you. My father's the Duke there, and he wanted me to study abroad. Most Bordeusi don't ever venture farther west then Celero, and not even there in recent years. He wanted me to study abroad, learn about others past our borders. This will be my first year here; and no offense meant, but hopefully my last.

*snip*

Stepping to his left slightly, to get a better view of the buildings, Lannius accidentally trips Syana as she rushes past.

Oh, by the goddess! I'm so sorry, are you alright? I didn't mean to trip you.

Glancing at her face, he notices she is quite pretty. And much different form the girls at home.

Maybe this year won't be so bad, after all.

OOC: Is that color too hard on the eyes?

QuintonBeck
2014-04-23, 07:09 PM
Stepping to his left slightly, to get a better view of the buildings, Lannius accidentally trips Syana as she rushes past.

Oh, by the goddess! I'm so sorry, are you alright? I didn't mean to trip you.

Glancing at her face, he notices she is quite pretty. And much different form the girls at home.

Maybe this year won't be so bad, after all.

OOC: Is that color too hard on the eyes?

((It's a little hard to read, yeah. Also, this is Sharas, Syana is the Empress. So many S names, I know :smalltongue:))

Sharas began to pick herself up off the ground, her ears burning with embarrassment, she looked to see what she had fallen over when she noticed the young man. Tall, but pale, with red hair and light eyes but human. Very different from what she was used to at home or in the fae rich Kasumor, but it was not a strangeness she found displeasing...

"Oh, no, yes, I'm fine, sorry," she said realizing she was staring like an idiot.

She dusted the front of her clothing off as she rose completely from the ground, "I shouldn't have been running and not paying attention," she smiled and looked away.

Lord_Burch
2014-04-23, 07:19 PM
((It's a little hard to read, yeah. Also, this is Sharas, Syana is the Empress. So many S names, I know :smalltongue:))

Sharas began to pick herself up off the ground, her ears burning with embarrassment, she looked to see what she had fallen over when she noticed the young man. Tall, but pale, with red hair and light eyes but human. Very different from what she was used to at home or in the fae rich Kasumor, but it was not a strangeness she found displeasing...

"Oh, no, yes, I'm fine, sorry," she said realizing she was staring like an idiot.

She dusted the front of her clothing off as she rose completely from the ground, "I shouldn't have been running and not paying attention," she smiled and looked away.

((I figured, but the first I chose was worse. It was an almost white grey. And sorry about the Anen confusion. There are too many Ss! :smalltongue:))

Don't be sorry, it was my bad. I shouldn't have stepped into the middle of the road like an oaf. Speaking of which, I'm Lannius Finir. What's yours?, a somewhat confident smile on his face. Most of the girls at home stared at him at home, although, that's probably due more to his family than anything else; he was set to inherit one of the most powerful positions within Bordeux, and was related to the royal family to boot.

QuintonBeck
2014-04-23, 08:07 PM
((I figured, but the first I chose was worse. It was an almost white grey. And sorry about the Anen confusion. There are too many Ss! :smalltongue:))

Don't be sorry, it was my bad. I shouldn't have stepped into the middle of the road like an oaf. Speaking of which, I'm Lannius Finir. What's yours?, a somewhat confident smile on his face. Most of the girls at home stared at him at home, although, that's probably due more to his family than anything else; he was set to inherit one of the most powerful positions within Bordeux, and was related to the royal family to boot.

"Speaking of being an oaf?" she teased, recovering from her earlier embarrassment, "Sharas Ignato," she smiled back, "Is this your first year here?"

Lord_Burch
2014-04-23, 08:26 PM
"Speaking of being an oaf?" she teased, recovering from her earlier embarrassment, "Sharas Ignato," she smiled back, "Is this your first year here?"

First, aye. My father wanted me to be here. He had this idea for me to get a foreign education. Learn about other people and places. How about you? Have you been here long?

QuintonBeck
2014-04-23, 08:58 PM
First, aye. My father wanted me to be here. He had this idea for me to get a foreign education. Learn about other people and places. How about you? Have you been here long?

"Five years actually, this is my first year taking actual full Academy courses though. I'm supposed to be getting a foreign education too." And a foreign home, she thought to herself.

"Have you read up on the available classes?"

Lord_Burch
2014-04-24, 06:15 AM
"Five years actually, this is my first year taking actual full Academy courses though. I'm supposed to be getting a foreign education too." And a foreign home, she thought to herself.

"Have you read up on the available classes?"

I haven't much yet, no. I was thinking about doing Grand Coalition history, but that's about it. What about you?

QuintonBeck
2014-04-24, 10:58 AM
I haven't much yet, no. I was thinking about doing Grand Coalition history, but that's about it. What about you?

"Same!" she said, a bit too enthusiastically, "Maybe we'll get the same class? I was also thinking about learning more about Bori, the Zargrim eel spirit, and taking some courses in fighting styles. That's what the Academy is known for, they have the actual Scrolls of Prowess on campus, isn't that cool?"

Aella
2014-04-24, 02:18 PM
Melian stared at her paper, her brows furrowed. She was due to her philosophy class soon, but she couldn't find it anywhere. Staring at her map, she walked into a column, hitting her head.
"OWwww. Just find the stupid class, Melian." She muttered to herself and kept walking.

WaylanderX
2014-04-24, 04:51 PM
Melian stared at her paper, her brows furrowed. She was due to her philosophy class soon, but she couldn't find it anywhere. Staring at her map, she walked into a column, hitting her head.
"OWwww. Just find the stupid class, Melian." She muttered to herself and kept walking.

Irlon, a young ore elf from Shikurai walked through the halls of the Academy, prepping for his next biology class. He was fascinated by all of the wildlife in Hurosha, all the diversity, the interactions, the magic of it all. He struck his hand through his long silver hair, deep in though, when he was interrupted in his daydreams by a loud "Bang!" to the right of him. He say a girl (OOC: what does she look like?) hastly walking by, seemingly lost and in a state of semi-panic. The poor soul, what could be wrong? He ticked her on the shoulder and said:

"Excuse me, milady, but you seem lost. Could I be of assistance?"

Lord_Burch
2014-04-24, 05:00 PM
"Same!" she said, a bit too enthusiastically, "Maybe we'll get the same class? I was also thinking about learning more about Bori, the Zargrim eel spirit, and taking some courses in fighting styles. That's what the Academy is known for, they have the actual Scrolls of Prowess on campus, isn't that cool?"

Hopefully, aye. I might take a fighting class- although, I have been in one for years. Part of being the son of a noble. I didn't know the had the original Scrolls here, though. Seems unwise, leaving them where any clumsy student can run into them, yes?, he smiled, a bit teasing. Say, what were you running from back there?

Aella
2014-04-24, 05:31 PM
Irlon, a young ore elf from Shikurai walked through the halls of the Academy, prepping for his next biology class. He was fascinated by all of the wildlife in Hurosha, all the diversity, the interactions, the magic of it all. He struck his hand through his long silver hair, deep in though, when he was interrupted in his daydreams by a loud "Bang!" to the right of him. He say a girl (OOC: what does she look like?) hastly walking by, seemingly lost and in a state of semi-panic. The poor soul, what could be wrong? He ticked her on the shoulder and said:

"Excuse me, milady, but you seem lost. Could I be of assistance?"

Melian jumped and shoved her messy black hair out of her grey eyes. "Oh, uh, I'm.." She blushed. "lost. I've got an ancient philosophy class soon and I don't know where it is." Quickly waving her hands, "You don't have to help me! I'll find it eventually." (OOC: Could you tell me more about Shikurai?)

Lord_Burch
2014-04-24, 05:48 PM
Melian jumped and shoved her messy black hair out of her grey eyes. "Oh, uh, I'm.." She blushed. "lost. I've got an ancient philosophy class soon and I don't know where it is." Quickly waving her hands, "You don't have to help me! I'll find it eventually." (OOC: Could you tell me more about Shikurai?)

OOC: Here's a link to his region post: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?338792-EMPIRE!-Community-W-B-Game-IV-****-Is-Getting-Real-It-s-Always-Getting-Real!&p=17277664&viewfull=1#post17277664

FYI, tables containing region names and link to write-ups can always be found on the first page of our OOC.

WaylanderX
2014-04-24, 06:18 PM

(OOC: Shikurai is the underground region were the ore elfs live. They have a rich spiritual culture and the elves of Shikurai typicaly love to gain knowledge of all kinds of things, often having large collections of scrolls with folklore and legends. Personality-wise, they are calm, collected, but kind to visitors, expecially when they bring knowledge. An example of a folklore story from there can be found under the "Terrain" section btw. If you want to make some fluff for the people there yourself, their personality or legends, folklore or whatever, go right ahead, I would welcome that (ofcourse you will be credited if you wish :smallwink:)! Something else you want to know?)

"Well Well, ancient philosophy huh?" Irlon said, ignoring her objections. "You're in the correct building though, the Halls of Faith. Hhhmm, there is the classroom for the Ashmar lessons....alrighty! You got to go to that hall, take the third corridor left, go up one floor and then its the first room on your right."

Irlon winked.

"Do you want me to guide to there? I could use some company and my next lecture is yet a while away."

QuintonBeck
2014-04-24, 08:39 PM
Hopefully, aye. I might take a fighting class- although, I have been in one for years. Part of being the son of a noble. I didn't know the had the original Scrolls here, though. Seems unwise, leaving them where any clumsy student can run into them, yes?, he smiled, a bit teasing. Say, what were you running from back there?

"Well, I don't think they're just laying out in the open. They've heard of cases you know," she shot back, faux-glaring at the young man while a smile played on her lips, "Oh well," she faltered, "Family stuff I guess. I'm not quite sure myself to be honest with you. It's probably cleared up now though if you want to head there, it is where the foreigner dorms are after all."

Lord_Burch
2014-04-24, 08:53 PM
"Well, I don't think they're just laying out in the open. They've heard of cases you know," she shot back, faux-glaring at the young man while a smile played on her lips, "Oh well," she faltered, "Family stuff I guess. I'm not quite sure myself to be honest with you. It's probably cleared up now though if you want to head there, it is where the foreigner dorms are after all."

Cases have a way of being broken. I, ah, once accidentily knocked over the case holding the family ring, and it was scratched in the process. Needless to say my father was... Angry.

Returning to the subject at hand, Sure, let's go. I still need to get a room assigned, I guess,

QuintonBeck
2014-04-24, 08:57 PM
Cases have a way of being broken. I, ah, once accidentily knocked over the case holding the family ring, and it was scratched in the process. Needless to say my father was... Angry.

Returning to the subject at hand, Sure, let's go. I still need to get a room assigned, I guess,

Sharas laughed at that, "What's an heirloom without a little wear and tear? Shows it was actually used. No room yet? Well then you definitely need to come, they assign rooms there."

She began to walk back the way she'd come, keeping pace with the young man,

"So, Finir huh? That's a Bordeusi name right?"

Aella
2014-04-24, 10:31 PM
(OOC: Shikurai is the underground region were the ore elfs live. They have a rich spiritual culture and the elves of Shikurai typicaly love to gain knowledge of all kinds of things, often having large collections of scrolls with folklore and legends. Personality-wise, they are calm, collected, but kind to visitors, expecially when they bring knowledge. An example of a folklore story from there can be found under the "Terrain" section btw. If you want to make some fluff for the people there yourself, their personality or legends, folklore or whatever, go right ahead, I would welcome that (ofcourse you will be credited if you wish :smallwink:)! Something else you want to know?)

"Well Well, ancient philosophy huh?" Irlon said, ignoring her objections. "You're in the correct building though, the Halls of Faith. Hhhmm, there is the classroom for the Ashmar lessons....alrighty! You got to go to that hall, take the third corridor left, go up one floor and then its the first room on your right."

Irlon winked.

"Do you want me to guide to there? I could use some company and my next lecture is yet a while away."

Melian smiled. "Thank you. I would like that. My parents always said I should have been born somewhere other than Ashenia." (OOC: No, thank you.) "So where are you from?"

Lord_Burch
2014-04-25, 09:44 AM
Sharas laughed at that, "What's an heirloom without a little wear and tear? Shows it was actually used. No room yet? Well then you definitely need to come, they assign rooms there."

She began to walk back the way she'd come, keeping pace with the young man,

"So, Finir huh? That's a Bordeusi name right?"

Unfortunately, I'm afraid my father doesn't share your views.

Yes, Finir is Bordeusi. My father is the Duke of Adessa, and I'm set to inherit the position. My grand-uncle was Lord David Bordeux, and Lady Alice is my cousin, actually. The Ignato family is a ruling family of the Triumvirate, yes?

WaylanderX
2014-04-25, 10:02 AM
Melian smiled. "Thank you. I would like that. My parents always said I should have been born somewhere other than Ashenia." (OOC: No, thank you.) "So where are you from?"

Irlon smiled and pointed at the ground.

"I'm from Shikurai, the land below this one. So you're from the Union of the North huh? You're a long way from home. Now if you would follow me."

He started walking to the class-room, looking backwards after a few steps.

"Are you coming, milady?"

QuintonBeck
2014-04-25, 10:14 AM
Unfortunately, I'm afraid my father doesn't share your views.

Yes, Finir is Bordeusi. My father is the Duke of Adessa, and I'm set to inherit the position. My grand-uncle was Lord David Bordeux, and Lady Alice is my cousin, actually. The Ignato family is a ruling family of the Triumvirate, yes?

"Yes, Ignatos are to sit on the throne handling international matters while the Ethmorls preside over the Senate and more local concerns and the Radurjic Faith unites the lands through belief. Of course, I'm more likely to end up in Hurosha for the rest of my life," she stopped herself, not wanting to reveal her betrothal to the Bordeusi boy.

"It's just down this way you can get registered," she said, changing the subject and guiding him down a hallway inside the dormitories that lead to a small office behind which say a goblin with scroll and pen taking down names of the various other foreign students.

"You might want to mingle some first, see if there's anyone you'd like to room with. I got lucky with my roommates, but it's probably smarter to find people."

OOC: If anyone wants to drop in especially with a male foreigner I think this is a pretty good time.

Logic
2014-04-25, 11:14 AM
As you walk onto the campus and ask around, you find the students of the Academy very friendly and helpfull and as such you manage to find your way to the headmaster/mistress office pretty easily, which is located in the righthand building of the Halls of Knowledge. When Fastion arrives at the office, he stands before a great ornate adamantine door, which an obsidian knocker in the middle.

Fastion takes the great knocker in his hand, raps it twice, pauses, then raps thrice more. The common courtesy knock of Celero might not be recognized here, but old habits die hard.

After his final knock, he stands out in the hall at attention until he is summoned into the office.

She might not be expecting a soldier to be here for training, especially a foreign one as old as me. I also doubt she will know of my bloodline connections, though it is not at all hard to tell I'm a Celerii.

He though this silently to himself as he fidgeted with his webbed hands held behind his back in the position of attention.

WaylanderX
2014-04-26, 08:32 AM
Fastion takes the great knocker in his hand, raps it twice, pauses, then raps thrice more. The common courtesy knock of Celero might not be recognized here, but old habits die hard.

After his final knock, he stands out in the hall at attention until he is summoned into the office.

She might not be expecting a soldier to be here for training, especially a foreign one as old as me. I also doubt she will know of my bloodline connections, though it is not at all hard to tell I'm a Celerii.

He though this silently to himself as he fidgeted with his webbed hands held behind his back in the position of attention.

"You can enter", it sounded from behind the door, said by a clearly female voice.

When go through the heavy doors, you find yourself in a big room, filled to the brink with scrolls and old looking artifacts. Behind a huge wooden desk, a Kasumori woman is seated, looking around 30 years old. You clearly see a tail, wings and gills.
When you enter, she looks surprised and slightly taken aback.

"Prowess to you, friend from....Celero I assume? I am Jivia Flaredust, Headmistress of this Academy. Where can I help you with? I assume you are here to get some information about our teachings for your children?"

Aella
2014-04-26, 04:17 PM
Irlon smiled and pointed at the ground.

"I'm from Shikurai, the land below this one. So you're from the Union of the North huh? You're a long way from home. Now if you would follow me."

He started walking to the class-room, looking backwards after a few steps.

"Are you coming, milady?"

"Yes, thank you very much for showing me the way. You don't have to call me 'milady'. I'm no grand noblewoman. I've what you could call directionally challenged." She laughed awkwardly. "I've heard of Shikurai. So what's it like?"

Logic
2014-04-26, 06:35 PM
"You can enter", it sounded from behind the door, said by a clearly female voice.

When go through the heavy doors, you find yourself in a big room, filled to the brink with scrolls and old looking artifacts. Behind a huge wooden desk, a Kasumori woman is seated, looking around 30 years old. You clearly see a tail, wings and gills.
When you enter, she looks surprised and slightly taken aback.

"Prowess to you, friend from....Celero I assume? I am Jivia Flaredust, Headmistress of this Academy. Where can I help you with? I assume you are here to get some information about our teachings for your children?"

"And prowess to you, Headmistress Flaredust. I am not here to seek information for my children, but to seek training for myself."

His intentions imperceptible, he stood there, staring at her perplexed reaction.

My face is stone. My resolve, absolute.

Lord_Burch
2014-04-28, 03:17 PM
"Yes, Ignatos are to sit on the throne handling international matters while the Ethmorls preside over the Senate and more local concerns and the Radurjic Faith unites the lands through belief. Of course, I'm more likely to end up in Hurosha for the rest of my life," she stopped herself, not wanting to reveal her betrothal to the Bordeusi boy.

"It's just down this way you can get registered," she said, changing the subject and guiding him down a hallway inside the dormitories that lead to a small office behind which say a goblin with scroll and pen taking down names of the various other foreign students.

"You might want to mingle some first, see if there's anyone you'd like to room with. I got lucky with my roommates, but it's probably smarter to find people."

OOC: If anyone wants to drop in especially with a male foreigner I think this is a pretty good time.

Yes, I suppose I do need to register. Be seeing you around, then, I hope.

If anyone wants to drop in, now's great. Also, Logic, would you mind changing that color slightly? It's kind of hard on the eyes.

WaylanderX
2014-04-30, 03:37 PM
"Yes, thank you very much for showing me the way. You don't have to call me 'milady'. I'm no grand noblewoman. I've what you could call directionally challenged." She laughed awkwardly. "I've heard of Shikurai. So what's it like?"

Underway to the classroom, he once again broke down in smile, a melancholical one this time.

"Shikurai is a place full of old traditions, spirit revery and superstition. Because of its underground location, we use light crystals to light our ways. The most precious gift the earth could have given us, my mother used to call them. Most of the elves living there are fishermen. Did I mention Shikurai is populated by elves and Bucka primarily? For the rest, since the Hurosha Empire took Shikurai under its wing, the life of the people have certainly improved, being able to study here, see the world and not forced to fish for the rest of their lives."

He talked for some more about the folklore of Shikurai while you are walking to the class room and after an animated talk, you find yourself before the classroom door, where a teacher is waiting, impatiently tapping her foot on the floor. Quickly saying his goodbyes and giving you his roomnumber (238), he leaves for his classes. The teacher, an old female elf, steps towards you:

"There you are, and 10 minutes late at that! That does not leave any good first impression, young lady! I'll hear your excuses after class. Get in get in."

"And prowess to you, Headmistress Flaredust. I am not here to seek information for my children, but to seek training for myself."

His intentions imperceptible, he stood there, staring at her perplexed reaction.

My face is stone. My resolve, absolute.

Flaredust eyes widened in surprise.

"Training for yourself? In what sense, if I may ask? Are you an adept of the blade or a seeker of knowledge? Although I think an adept of the blade at your age is difficult, abeit not impossible."

Logic
2014-04-30, 11:49 PM
Flaredust eyes widened in surprise.

"Training for yourself? In what sense, if I may ask? Are you an adept of the blade or a seeker of knowledge? Although I think an adept of the blade at your age is difficult, abeit not impossible."

"Both, as always. I can teach some, if it will help me earn my keep, but my intent in coming here was to learn."

At that, Fastion unhooked his sword sheath from his belt, and laid the weapon on the desk in front of them. The winged hilt was rather elaborate for a simple soldier, given to him as a badge of honor. To Fastion, it was a reminder of the downfall of pride.

"This sword was given to me the day I became a Griffoneer. I foolishly gave up my prior swords, swords that had seen me through several battles. I am a veteran of three wars, and have been a leader of men. What I have to show for it is this garish sword. I wish to learn more than just the sword, to focus my mind. But I must also hone my body, as one must hone a blade. I was told this was the greatest institution in all the land where I might be able to continue both quests in harmony."

Aella
2014-05-08, 01:15 PM
Underway to the classroom, he once again broke down in smile, a melancholical one this time.

"Shikurai is a place full of old traditions, spirit revery and superstition. Because of its underground location, we use light crystals to light our ways. The most precious gift the earth could have given us, my mother used to call them. Most of the elves living there are fishermen. Did I mention Shikurai is populated by elves and Bucka primarily? For the rest, since the Hurosha Empire took Shikurai under its wing, the life of the people have certainly improved, being able to study here, see the world and not forced to fish for the rest of their lives."

He talked for some more about the folklore of Shikurai while you are walking to the class room and after an animated talk, you find yourself before the classroom door, where a teacher is waiting, impatiently tapping her foot on the floor. Quickly saying his goodbyes and giving you his roomnumber (238), he leaves for his classes. The teacher, an old female elf, steps towards you:

"There you are, and 10 minutes late at that! That does not leave any good first impression, young lady! I'll hear your excuses after class. Get in get in."

"Yes ma'm! I'm terribly sorry. What page are we on?" She asked frantically.