PDA

View Full Version : Question about using Wish alongside Metamagics

Menarker
2007-02-08, 07:29 PM
Hey ya.

For those of you who may or may not remember me, I'm the one who posted about the Colossal size (Giant Size) spell build and trying to class with a monk.

Now, I have another question, which is sorta related...

I was to get the feat "Innate Spell" so I can use Miracle as a spell-like ability 3 times a day. Then upon "casting" Miracle wish that Giant Size is cast.

The question is: Could I apply metamagic to Giant Size while it is being "cast" applying the necessary spell slots as needed?

Once again, all assistance and help is greatly appreciated. You guys did a great job in the last thread.

Hoping to hear back soon. ^^

Menarker

Behold_the_Void
2007-02-08, 07:49 PM
What book is Innate Spell out of? Also, I think there's another feat to metamagic spell-like abilities.

Ryuuk
2007-02-08, 07:55 PM
From what I understand about spells that let you use other spells, they always say up to what level. Miracle, for example says:

Duplicate any cleric spell of 8th level or lower (including spells to which you have access because of your domains).
Duplicate any other spell of 7th level or lower.When you apply metamagic effects to spells normally they take up a spell slot of a higher level. Giant Size would be a 7th level spell before applying any metamagic, just barely doable through Miracle. I don't think it would be possible to metamagic it, since that would make it a spell higher then 7th.

I have never really looked into metamagic too well though. If applying a metamagic doesn't actually change the spell's level, then I would be mistaken.

AtomicKitKat
2007-02-09, 05:10 AM
I guess the OP is asking about using Heirophant or Archmage or the feat tree that leads to Innate Spell(Signature Spell?) to turn Wish/Miracle into an SLA. In that situation, I think you can no longer apply metamagic to the SLA. You can however, apply metamagic to the spell you're turning into an SLA, thereby adjusting the level of the spell-slot(s) you need to sacrifice.