PDA

View Full Version : dragon lore

mercury19
2014-04-21, 11:10 AM
So the other day, my friend and I were discussing running a dragon campaign. We had just taken a what dragon are you" quiz, and we were like, hey thats a cool idea. We were talking about dragons, there individuality, how to roleplay them, etc. I wanted to cite a source about the dragons creation story, but I can't for the life of me remember the whole thing or where I found it.

It was about how the good dragon god made a wave of metallic dragons, but the evil one was jealous and "tarnished" or "oxidized" them, causing the iron dragon to turn red, the copper one to turn blue or green, etc. I don't mention the deities name because I don't remember which setting it was from. I'm pretty sure it was Bahamut and Tiamat, but I've read a bunch of dragonlance books so it could be from there. I don't remember the whole sequence, what the "first wave" of metallic dragons were, of where I found it, and its killing me. Neither google nor any of the books I have has been any help.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and if so, where to find it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, m19

Rakaydos
2014-04-21, 01:59 PM
That was Dragonlance. Iron (red), Lead (black), Tin I think (white), Cobolt (blue) and the reluctant villian, Copper (green)

Then Gold, Silver, Bronze, brass, and another try with copper.