PDA

View Full Version : Cohort Build

Bakuiel
2014-04-21, 01:15 PM
I'm trying to decide on a Build for my Cohort, my character is a merchant and I'm looking for a duel caster to fit in with my role playing. I figured a Fochlucan Lyrist would make for an interesting spy for me. I also like the Arcane Hierophant but can't seem to see why he would be with me as a merchant with his fluff.

So the two builds are:
Fochlucan Lyrist
Rogue 2/Druid 1/Bard 7/Fochlucan Lyrist 7

or
Arcane Hieropahnt
Bard 3/Druid 3/Mystic Theurge 1/Arcane Hierophant 10
The bard is qualifies due to taking Precocious Apprentice.

Rebel7284
2014-04-21, 01:41 PM
What do you want your cohort to do?

Does the cohort actually start at level 17?
What is the build of your merchant?
What is the rest of the party like?
What books do you have access to?

The more information you give, the better we can reply.

As posted, the delayed spell progression makes for some fairly mediocre characters, which may be OK on a cohort.

Bakuiel
2014-04-21, 03:12 PM
What do you want your cohort to do?

Does the cohort actually start at level 17?
What is the build of your merchant?
What is the rest of the party like?
What books do you have access to?

The more information you give, the better we can reply.

As posted, the delayed spell progression makes for some fairly mediocre characters, which may be OK on a cohort.

Well I want him to be an assistant, cast spells to supplement my own casting. Maybe be a bit of a bodyguard or scout for me. My familiar is a decent scout though too, he's a black dragon.

My Cohort is starting at level 7, but it is suppose to go to high level.
My build right now is a level 9, Wizard 1/Archivist 3/ Mystic Theurge 5.
The rest of the party is a Elf Wizard, Drow Rogue, Human fighter, Necromancer with a Vampire Cohort, Dwarven Cleric, Half-Ogre Cleric, Human Cleric.
Any Book. 3.5 or 3

John Longarrow
2014-04-21, 03:22 PM
Wizard/Archivist gets just about every spell in the book, so I don't see much advantage for you getting yet another spell caster.

Except for the Fighter and the Rogue, everyone throws divine spells. You also toss in Arcane.

I'm guessing the Rogue is built for dungeon delving. If so,

Warlock-2 (Beguiling Influence and See the Unseen) then Beguiler straight up. Go for a good party "Face", at least for appraise/diplomacy/sense motive is concerned. Toss in max on Gather Info so you can have someone to find things for you and to verify what you are gettin.

dascarletm
2014-04-21, 03:27 PM
So you'll have just about every spell for utility there is, only problem is too few spell slots.

I suggest making a spontaneous caster that has all the spells you would want to cast regularly, then you can feel free to pick wild and useful spells for yourself.

Build perhaps a mailman sorcerer.

Bakuiel
2014-04-21, 03:34 PM
Wizard/Archivist gets just about every spell in the book, so I don't see much advantage for you getting yet another spell caster.

Except for the Fighter and the Rogue, everyone throws divine spells. You also toss in Arcane.

I'm guessing the Rogue is built for dungeon delving. If so,

Warlock-2 (Beguiling Influence and See the Unseen) then Beguiler straight up. Go for a good party "Face", at least for appraise/diplomacy/sense motive is concerned. Toss in max on Gather Info so you can have someone to find things for you and to verify what you are gettin.

Yeah I like the Beguiler, never saw him before. It would be pretty easy to roleplay too, thanks.