PDA

View Full Version : Live Free...

Jack Squat
2007-02-08, 07:59 PM
Or Die Hard
here's the trailer (http://youtube.com/watch?v=CHbpRg86Vi8)

Anyone else planning on seeing this?

Druid
2007-02-08, 08:09 PM
Maybe, I'd have to see the other Die Hard movies first.

Midnight Son
2007-02-08, 08:58 PM
Absolute must see or you cannot call yourself a man!

Okay that was a bit too general. I know not all guys are into action flicks and some may dislike Bruce Willis, but the Die Hard series is like training for manly manness. I fully expect, upon leaving the theatre, to spend at least a day burning off the increased testosterone. Maybe I'll rev my bike up and head out on a road trip.

averagejoe
2007-02-08, 09:05 PM
@^: Real men recite poetry for kicks. :smalltongue: Real manliness is math. :smallbiggrin:

Andiamo
2007-02-08, 09:40 PM
Very ironic, looking at your avatar (which, by the way, is awesome). I was just watching the episode where he got the hat today.

averagejoe
2007-02-08, 10:48 PM
Well, I don't think Firefly has ever been considered a "real man's" show in the same way as Die Hard. Besides, it's Jayne. He's wearing the hat that his mother made him.

Reinforcements
2007-02-08, 11:44 PM
Hells yes. I just saw Die Hard again recently. I had forgotten how good it was. Bruce Willis doesn't so much foil the villians' plans as he does kill every one of them.

J_Muller
2007-02-09, 12:25 AM
Yee-haw. This is looking good.

Mattaeu
2007-02-09, 12:51 AM
Man, I am on the fence, but leaning towards Hell Yes.

...it's only cause it's got that Mac commercial chump in it. It kinda just ruined the trailer for me.

Jerthanis
2007-02-09, 02:07 AM
Man, the Die Hard series is pure, distilled awesome, and somehow Bruce Willis just keeps getting cooler as he gets older. I'm looking forward to this movie just a tiny bit less than Hot Fuzz, which will be the greatest movie ever.

Don Julio Anejo
2007-02-09, 04:51 AM
Real manlyness is crying and writing poetry. Only men very secure in their masculinity will ever do that in public.

Boohoo!!

Om
2007-02-09, 07:36 AM
Damn. They didn't show the bit where Willis nails the tank with his zimmer frame or uses his urine catheter to strangle the guy!

Thiel
2007-02-09, 04:20 PM
Hell yes!!

ravenkith
2007-02-09, 05:07 PM
Yippee Kai Yay!

Jack Squat
2007-02-09, 05:08 PM
Yippee Kai Yay Mother F*****!

fixed :smallwink:

Beleriphon
2007-02-10, 02:56 AM
fixed :smallwink:

The correct, and ironic way, to present that quote is:

Yippie kay ya Mister Falcon. Seriously watch the TV edit of Die Hard 2 sometime. It works perfectly.

averagejoe
2007-02-10, 11:32 AM

Yippie kay ya Mister Falcon. Seriously watch the TV edit of Die Hard 2 sometime. It works perfectly.

It really is one of the top ten swearing dubs of all time. I nearly lost it laughing the first time I watched die hard 2 on TV.

Midnight Son
2007-02-10, 12:52 PM
Slightly off topic, but the best dub ever is for Mr Jackson in Pulp Fiction when discussing pets and he says, "It would have to be one mighty friendly charming pig."

Jerthanis
2007-02-10, 01:04 PM

Or you could go into Harlem wearing a sign that says "I hate everybody"...

Reinforcements
2007-02-11, 11:17 AM
Okay, someone needs to explain this to me.

The general consensus about the Die Hard movies seems to be that the first is the best, the second is okay, and the third sucks. Rottentomatoes.com confirms this. Thus my question: what the hell? I just watched all three, and Die Hard 2 was awful. It wasn't even good for a stupid action movie, whereas Die Hard with a Vengeance was practically as good as the original (not to mention that it had Samuel L. Jackson and Jeremy Irons).

Midnight Son
2007-02-11, 02:47 PM
I agree with most of that assessment Reinforcements. I honestly have no idea why people put 2 over 3. I think 2 was a semi-decent attempt to cash in on the popularity of 1. It does follow the rule of sequels quite well.

J_Muller
2007-02-11, 07:13 PM
I thought 3 was as good as, if not better than, 1.

Jerthanis
2007-02-11, 11:37 PM
Okay, someone needs to explain this to me.

The general consensus about the Die Hard movies seems to be that the first is the best, the second is okay, and the third sucks. Rottentomatoes.com confirms this. Thus my question: what the hell? I just watched all three, and Die Hard 2 was awful. It wasn't even good for a stupid action movie, whereas Die Hard with a Vengeance was practically as good as the original (not to mention that it had Samuel L. Jackson and Jeremy Irons).

Are you joking? Are internet people really that stupid? With A Vengeance was the best in my opinion, with the most interesting plot, the best directed action, the best characterization and most "Die hard-ness" to it. Beating up terrorists with glass in your foot is nothing next to having your arms shredded by a high-tension wire, then pulling a shard of metal out of your arm to make a lockpick. Blowing up a helicopter with two bullets left is cooler than killing one guy with two bullets left (two bullets being twice as many as are needed) that and Samuel L. Jackson and Bruce Willis at the same time... too much cool.

Number two had, in comparison, a passable fight on the wing of an airplane...

Remind me to never trust a Rottentomatoes.com review again.

averagejoe
2007-02-11, 11:59 PM
He killed two guys with two bullets. I'm still a fan of number one primarily, but I did enjoy the bit in three when the bank guy says something like, "Geez, if someone attacked today we'd be in a lot of trouble," and then sees all the germans quietly killing his guards.

J_Muller
2007-02-12, 02:36 AM
After watching 3, I kept humming the song* they play in it to myself...

*It apparently goes by many names. I personally learned it as "The ants go marching two by two"