PDA

View Full Version : Monkday: trying to find "Deflect Spell"

Rakaydos
2014-04-21, 02:37 PM
Not nessisarally for a monk, but I thought I remembered there being a way to upgrade the Deflect Arrows feat to be able to deflect magic projectiles. (orbs, ect) Does anyone rememer it and what boook it's in?

Silva Stormrage
2014-04-21, 02:37 PM
Not nessisarally for a monk, but I thought I remembered there being a way to upgrade the Deflect Arrows feat to be able to deflect magic projectiles. (orbs, ect) Does anyone rememer it and what boook it's in?

Epic level handbook infinite and exceptional deflection are feats that are most commonly used for that I believe.

Psyren
2014-04-21, 02:40 PM
I know the Arcanopath Monk (Dragon Compendium) can do this, but that's a class feature so it may not be what you're looking for. There's also an epic feat that does this (Exceptional Deflection) though I don't know if that's what you want either.

Rakaydos
2014-04-21, 02:43 PM
Thanks- I was looking around the SRD for "deflect spell" and missed exceptional deflection.

Seerow
2014-04-21, 02:49 PM
There's an ACF in Complete Mage (or maybe Complete Champion, but I'm pretty sure Mage) that lets you reflect spells that miss your touch AC back at the caster. It replaces Evasion. That might be what you're thinking of.

dextercorvia
2014-04-21, 02:50 PM
There is also the Spell Reflection ACF from Complete Mage. It uses an immediate action though.

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-21, 02:50 PM
At lower levels you may also trade evasion for ray reflection. This won't protect you from rays, but it will make wizards who miss you think twice before shooting another ray at you.