PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Triaxian Animal Companions? [Pathfinder]

Ravens_cry
2014-04-21, 03:55 PM
Exactly as the title says, what are some suitable animal companions for a character from Triaxus (http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Triaxus)? Medium is best, as I am looking for a mount for a Small creature specifically.

Coidzor
2014-04-21, 04:37 PM
Oy. Give us a hard one, why don't you? :smalltongue:

Sounds like the first thing to do is determine what suitable mount options there are, then determine whether he's coming from Winter, Summer, or the transition between the two dominant seasons, and finish up by finding out if there's any suitable mount options left after all that.

Ravens_cry
2014-04-21, 08:18 PM
Oy. Give us a hard one, why don't you? :smalltongue:

Sounds like the first thing to do is determine what suitable mount options there are, then determine whether he's coming from Winter, Summer, or the transition between the two dominant seasons, and finish up by finding out if there's any suitable mount options left after all that.
I hope there's something, because it seems silly that the adventure path Reign of Winter should have a book set there yet not expand more on the ecology in such a player orientated direction.
Going by the art on the cover, I am guessing it's Winter.

VexingFool
2014-04-21, 09:03 PM
The Adventure Path teaser blurb does mention its in its winter cycle. It does provide one alternate animal companion for Triaxus, the wolliped. The stats for the wolliped companion are in the bestiary section on the pfsrd. If this does not work I would suggest looking at the animal companions in the AP players guide.

Also you might want to consider if you want a medium-sized mount you can ride right away but will turn large at 7th level. Or if you want a small animal who will become a medium-sized mount at 4th level.

Coidzor
2014-04-21, 11:16 PM
I hope there's something, because it seems silly that the adventure path Reign of Winter should have a book set there yet not expand more on the ecology in such a player orientated direction.
Going by the art on the cover, I am guessing it's Winter.

:smallconfused: Now I'm just confused why it's not covered in the materials associated with the AP.

Ravens_cry
2014-04-21, 11:41 PM
The Adventure Path teaser blurb does mention its in its winter cycle. It does provide one alternate animal companion for Triaxus, the wolliped. The stats for the wolliped companion are in the bestiary section on the pfsrd. If this does not work I would suggest looking at the animal companions in the AP players guide.

Also you might want to consider if you want a medium-sized mount you can ride right away but will turn large at 7th level. Or if you want a small animal who will become a medium-sized mount at 4th level.
Well, luckily, we are above either, but that means Wollipeds are particularly no, as a Large mount, especially if it can't fly, is a liability more than anything.

VexingFool
2014-04-22, 12:15 AM
Well, luckily, we are above either, but that means Wollipeds are particularly no, as a Large mount, especially if it can't fly, is a liability more than anything.

Well you could always memorize a reduce animal daily, carry some scrolls of reduce animal for emergencies, have a permanent reduce animal cast on your animal companion, or see if your DM will allow you to have a mini-wolliped with the stat advancements adjusted as if reduce animal was cast.

The only other unique animal that I see on the Cold Climate Animal Companions list in the Players guide is the Giant weasel.

Ravens_cry
2014-04-22, 12:50 AM
Well you could always memorize a reduce animal daily, carry some scrolls of reduce animal for emergencies, have a permanent reduce animal cast on your animal companion, or see if your DM will allow you to have a mini-wolliped with the stat advancements adjusted as if reduce animal was cast.

The only other unique animal that I see on the Cold Climate Animal Companions list in the Players guide is the Giant weasel.
Well, this is a Paladin, so that's not really an option. I suppose I could see about researching it at the same level as a ranger, though 3rd level paladin spells are still a few levels away.
*sigh* Wish there was more options.

VexingFool
2014-04-22, 01:08 AM
Well, this is a Paladin, so that's not really an option. I suppose I could see about researching it at the same level as a ranger, though 3rd level paladin spells are still a few levels away.
*sigh* Wish there was more options.

Ahhh, yeah I was assuming we were talking about a druid. Still could go for the permanencied reduce animal for 2500gp. Another option, if you got a 13+ INT, is the Unsanctioned Knowledge feat.

Edit - Nevermind, Unsactioned Knowledge does not give access to Ranger or Druid Spells. So dumb...

Ravens_cry
2014-04-22, 01:29 AM
Ahhh, yeah I was assuming we were talking about a druid. Still could go for the permanencied reduce animal for 2500gp. Another option, if you got a 13+ INT, is the Unsanctioned Knowledge feat.

Edit - Nevermind, Unsactioned Knowledge does not give access to Ranger or Druid Spells. So dumb...
Since Paladin mounts gain 'share spells', could a UMD'd wand of 'reduce person' be used to shrink the pet down? Admittedly, it won't last nearly as long, but a wand of Carry Companion would help for the other times. I can carry it in a little red and white ball then.:smallbiggrin:
*goes through books*
Dang, nobody on the reduce person list gets an animal companion. Drat, drat and double drat!