PDA

View Full Version : Need help making a fast archer!

Archangel93
2014-04-22, 06:05 AM
I'm trying to make a highly maneuverable archer for a campaign that I'll be playing in. I need ideas for the best combination of race and class.

Rules:
-NO PSIONICS
-All the books are allowed
-I can't play lawful for the life of me so Monk is out of the question.
-characters start at level 10
-monstrous characters are allowed
-MEDIUM SIZE RACES ONLY

The goal is to make a character so fast that he will always be far away from the enemy and accurate enough that he is almost guaranteed to hit the target. I care more about DEX, WIS, and INT more than anything so keep that in mind.

The best I can find so far is a CG Satyr Scout but I'd like to know if that is truly the best route.

Thorvaldr
2014-04-22, 06:56 AM
1st level of Barbarian also gets an extra 10' of Fast Movement. Also: the d12 Hit Dice aren't a bad way to start 1st level.

Eldariel
2014-04-22, 07:11 AM
(Human or Elf) Cleric Archer with Divine Metamagic [Complete Divine]: Persistent Spell [Complete Arcane] can get both, great damage and great speed if you pick the spells you Persist and your buffs with that in mind. Add Travel Devotion [Complete Champion] and you can move and full attack every turn. This is certainly one thing where spells are absolutely amazing; simple Haste + Fly gives you 90' movement speed, let alone Alter Self/Polymorph into some Dragon form (100'+ fly speeds) or some such. You can even Polymorph into whatever and then use another spell to appear Humanoid again or whatever you feel like.

Wacky89
2014-04-22, 07:12 AM
lesser Shadowswyft from Planar Handbook

+2 Bonus to dex, -2 penalty to con, 120ft darkvision (plus low-light vision), +4 bonus to hide and move silently. No spell like ability, but they do get +2 to initiative and a 40 foot base land speed.

animewatcha
2014-04-22, 07:30 AM
level 10. 49k WBL. Think this is in magic of faerun. Mask of flight 13k. At will fly as the spell for 5 minutes a shot ( aka all day via repeated uses ) AND useable to provide flight to party members. Flight is a VERY good way to be too far from enemies.

Xerlith
2014-04-22, 07:37 AM
Whirling Frenzy Barbarian 1/Cloistered Cleric1/Scout4/Ranger 4

Feats: Swift Hunter, Travel Devotion.

Enjoy.

EDIT: Oh, a Trapsmith Swiftblade should fit nicely too.

Ranger (Trapfinding variant)4/CCleric 1/Trapsmith1/Swiftblade4