PDA

View Full Version : The Throne on Iskaria [Black Crusade] [IC]

KasmKat
2014-04-22, 07:17 AM
Hypoxia was a warm planet once, then something changed, orbital shift, polluting, no-ones entirely sure… Now though It’s winter year round, the sky is filled with dirty grey clouds, the acidic snow never stops falling and the ancient cities on the surface have been abandoned to the elements. Long ago the spires gleamed proudly in perfect clear skies, now, only the oldest of citizens even remember a day without the snows…

The cities now hide under the permafrost, Dug deep towards the still warm core of the planet, no-one visits the surface much any longer, and those that do don’t stay long. Of course this does mean that for those inclined to escape the sight of anyone else the surface makes a brilliant hiding spot, providing of course that you can find shelter.

Alone except for the snows and those terrible beings surrounding him, a pitiful specimen of a man whimpers, curled into a ball, obviously freezing. Written in what appears to be blood behind him, and seemingly untouched by the wind or snow are the words – A Throne waits on Iskaria. This is not the first time these words have appeared in recent times, however it is the first case found outside the screaming vortex… And still no-one knows of anywhere called Iskaria…

Looking up at those surrounding him the man cries out one more time before dying, "I don't know my lords, It wasn't me..."

As I'm sure you've guessed the people surrounding the now dead man are you.
Introduce yourselves, decide on a course of action.

Important Information:
The snow is actually Acid, if you walk in it it will hurt...
Entrances to the cities are scattered everywhere, finding one shouldn't be too hard.

General Knowledge about the world (You all know at least some of this):
Name: Hypoxia
Size: Vast (twice earth)
Gravity: Normal
Atmospheric Presence: Standard
Atmospheric Composition: Polluted
Climate: Ice World
Habitability: Inhospitable
Major Continents: 2
Smaller Islands: 1
Haazards - Acid Snow, Several large Predators, both above ground and below
Imperial Classification - Unknown
Population - 1.2 Billion at last census (5 years past)
Imperial Presence - Low

This scene will be up until 5pm (GMT+12) tomorrow (Today really - 23/4), I'll try to respond during the day however I have work, so I might not be able to...

hoplathemightly
2014-04-22, 07:53 AM
A throne, to threaten the Enperor.. Chorn haltingly engulfs the right side of his face, palming the odd eye-patch. Or perhaps, a new throne for a new Emperor. We must find this Iskaria, this throne. Whomever you all are, you were brought here same as I. Chorn grips the thick ebon fur pelt, fashioned as a jacket of sorts, tight around his arms. I don't care for the cold. Tis a nuisance at best, and an open threat at worst.

Alhendors
2014-04-22, 08:32 AM
Zaddion, uncaring for the others at the moment approached the dead man with a curiosity. Why was this pitiful creature out here? unable to speak, the assassin would have to find company in his own thoughts instead of the words of others. Unwilling to let this body behind him without some sort of explanation he searched the corpse for whatever he could, trying to find some sort of clue as to why what appeared to be a simple civilian was out here.

Lord Raziere
2014-04-22, 08:53 AM
Voluptus considers the scene
"This Iskaria has been repeatedly mentioned. Either this is some trickery designed to make people go on a wild goose chase, or a deliberate lure. Whatever force is leaving these messages, it probably does not bode well for us."
The Chaos Marine thought upon it: what would be the motivation for an entity to do this sort thing other than a trap? Why not keep this throne a secret, so that may have the pleasure of keeping it to themselves? Do they have perhaps find it pleasurable to make a game out of the search? Or is it all just a big piece of comedy? Hm. Regardless, its worth investigating, if only for the thrill of something new and mysterious...

KasmKat
2014-04-22, 10:20 AM
Awareness (success) - Looking around yourself you discover absoloutly nothing, as if the place had been cleared out of anything interesting before you all arrived. The walls are bare, but with lighter patches as if something had been there before and had been removed recently, the floor was clear of everything except the dead body, not even any snow.
Psyniscience - (Success) - Feeling around with your psychic senses you can feel nothing, absoloutly nothing... not even the people across from you, It's almost as if this one spot had no warp echo, noticing this you start to feel jittery and cold. When you look up at the words on the wall however they burn with the power in them.

Awareness (Success) - Searching the body of the man you quickly notice that he is far warmer than he should be in his light clothing out here, as well as this his body is covered in the words Throne and Iskaria, repeated over and over, Peering at his eyes you notice that the words continue even there. You also find a dataslate with the words repeated so many time that the memory is full, a snub revolver with no bullets and a short stick about the length of your forearm.

Hemnon
2014-04-22, 12:21 PM
Corvus (also known as just 'The Hidden') raised his ancient Plasma Pistol, and with a chuckle, choked the life out of the man in front of them all by wrapping his tail around that neck and tightening it's grip until the small blood veins in the man's eyes ruptured and his face turned blue... and with a fast move, broke the neck as well for good measure. Corvus then slung the body away with a sudden pull, sending that ragdoll-body flying.

"Hmmm... That was... fun." Corvus' voice was a hazy growl of both friendly tones and pure maniac-levels of evil. "Though it's odd...Iskaria... it sounds familiar in some way, though i do not know why... hmmm." He muttered to himself, flicking his tail back behind himself. In the cold acidic air, vapor-breaths was visible in front of his ancient helmet's breathing-grill.

So... I'd like to try some Knowledge tests, although I'm not sure which are suitable for it, so i'll just roll for all i find possible and let the GM decide which works:smallsmile:

What i wanna try and figure out, is what Iskaria might be and if it's a planet; Where is might be located.

Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes)
Int 47 vs. [roll0]

Forbidden Lore (Codex Astartes)
Int 47 vs. [roll1]

Forbidden Lore (Daemonology)
Int 47 vs. [roll2]

Forbidden Lore (Heresy)
Int 47 vs. [roll3]

Forbidden Lore (Psykers)
Int 47 vs. [roll4]

Forbidden Lore (The Horus Heresy and the Long War)
Int 47 vs. [roll5]

Scholastic Lore (Occult)
Int 47 vs. [roll6]
--------------------------

Yup, so GM, you choose which rolls are appropriate and which are not:smallsmile:

Alhendors
2014-04-22, 12:37 PM
Zaddion made sure that Corvus was aware of his disapproval, letting off a small growling type noise and cold stare. He was finished searching through the body, but would not take kindly to anyone interfering in his affairs. Fool doesn't know how to control himself. Managing to swipe the objects before the body was thrown aside, Zaddion examined the pistol and stick in no particular detail, instead choosing to throw all three objects in a pile on the ground, where everyone could see them.

Ionbound
2014-04-22, 01:16 PM
Elena sighs as she nudges the corpse with her foot, and mutters, "Shame...He would have made an excellent donor or subject." She glares at Corvus, before continuing, "And sadly, impulsiveness cost me the opportunity to determine whether or not he was ever lying to us." With that, she spits at the corpse, her saliva a ghostly glowing pink, and mutters again, "Good riddance."

hoplathemightly
2014-04-22, 02:00 PM
Chorn cast a cold grey stare upon the the armoured, tailed man. I know a man like you, I look forward to repaying him. Chorn turns and crouches, his red ecclesiastic robes folding around his legs. Anything interesting on this? his words not necessarily addressing anyone. His hand grasps the thrown dataslate.

Going to check for any encrypting, and if there is no Chorn will repurpose the dataslate for personal use
Tech-Use +10 [53]
[roll0]

Kaynebot
2014-04-22, 02:32 PM
"The Gods smile upon me, upon us all!" Logan said this with true belief. Logan still sitting on his Legion Combat Bike, Wrath's Bane on his back, and God Destroyer at his side with his right hand resting on it. Logan was grinning under his helmet, "We should go into the city, if that man was correct and it wasn't him then that's the next logical area is there where our fortune lies."

KasmKat
2014-04-22, 03:18 PM
your successful Knowledge tests don't tell you anything about Iskaria, You have never come across the name before

There is no encryption you can find, Just those words repeated over and over again, however when you attempt to re-purpose it the words just keep appearing.

hoplathemightly
2014-04-22, 05:22 PM
Chorn pondered the dataslate, either some one was quite skilled with tech or this piece was damaged by some other means. Regardless, the dataslate may have some value if examined by a true professional. Chorn slips the corrupt dataslate into one of his robe pockets. The city, why not? New opportunity beyond this desolate surface. Chorn stands and regards this odd collection of individuals, trying to get some read of their ambitions.

Lord Raziere
2014-04-23, 10:24 AM
"Yes, the city. Good idea. Better to exploit the opportunities provided by this planet there than stand around wondering about a corpse whose mind probably got warped by chaos energy, thus compelled to write this wherever he goes and he just happened to die outside of the Eye of Terror."
There is probably no way he could find immortality or please Slaanesh out here, unless this Throne holds the possibility of granting immortality, but he doubted it. He turns to leave for the city.

Saithis Bladewing
2014-04-23, 05:00 PM
"Fascinating." Zerachiel rumbled after a long time. His voice was deep and rough; some might have said majestic, but Zerachiel cared little for what others thought of him. "This so-called throne is a mystery, but I must admit I am intrigued by the possibilities. I shall lend my sword to this task, and perhaps the Gods shall light us a path to glory."

His ancient power armour groaned slightly as it came to life, before returning to silky smooth movements. He noted that it did not appreciate the acidity or humidity of the frozen weather, but figured that it would hold out as long as he needed. His wings were folded tightly behind him, minimizing the profile they could present to the harmful snow and winds, but between them was mag-locked the ancient Warpblade Ashen Redeemer, the symbol of his identity as the Forsaken Angel.

Turning with Voluptus, Zerachiel followed the servant of Slaanesh towards the city. "Perhaps it is a lure, or perhaps not. Perhaps it is a trap, or perhaps not. Either way, I feel it is my destiny to follow this clue; whether it leads us to the throne or not, opportunities to prove ourselves to the Gods and to our enemies always lay around the corner. "

Alhendors
2014-04-24, 07:54 AM
Convinced there was nothing nearby other than what they had already found, Zaddion decided it was time to search the nearby area. Taking one last look at the dead corpse flung across the snow he picked himself up to his feet and readied Twisted Promise. There must be something nearby... Lights, tracks anything! The assassin could not help but feel some sort of saftey from the weapon he held, but enough for sentiments now was the time to act. Kneeling and holding his visor to the scope of the masterfully elegant Reaver Long Rifle, Zaddion scanned the horizon searching for anything out of the ordinary.

Awareness Check - Perception 52 (+10 - Heightened Senses, Sight)

Kaynebot
2014-04-24, 02:22 PM
"Aye then, we march for the city, for glory, and for the God's praise." Logan chuckled, it sounded a bit melodramatic even to him. "Unless someone has a bearing on where we are, the best course of actions would seem to be me scouting off to one direction looking?" Logan shrugged his shoulders, seeing what the others thought.

Ionbound
2014-04-24, 03:33 PM
Elena shoulders her Howler Rifle and says, "To the City, I suppose. Perhaps I can find some donors there, especially amongst the Emperor's Faithful." She gestures to her Sculptyte and says, "Come along, Luminia..." which makes a gurgling noise as it follows her as she follows the group.

KasmKat
2014-04-24, 05:05 PM
Looking around at the Landscape you quickly notice what appears to be the main city entrance, A huge set of doors, probably 100 meters wide and twice as tall, Gilded with Imperial Iconography. Outside the gates a small line snakes to it, halted by what appears to be guards. You can spot a relatively covered path to the main doors. Looking around some more you start to notice smaller less obvious entrances, 2 others are heavily guarded with easy enough to navigate covered paths leading up to them, 1 is completely unguarded but with no cover for almost a kilometre before it, 2 others are unguarded but much further away, the cover leading up to them spotty at best.
The main door is about 500m away, the 2 heavily guarded doors about the same, the uncovered unguarded door is about 2 km away and the last 2 are about 5 km away.

Alhendors
2014-04-25, 02:22 AM
Withdrawing his weapon Zaddion rushed over to the others, attempting to use the cover behind him to make sure the guards at the doors don't notice anything (no stealth test, just moving slowly). Grabbing Logan's attention with a gesture of the hand, Zaddion pointed to the rest of the group before making a "follow me," gesture, hoping that the Chaos Space Marine was not too witless to understand and not too stubborn to follow. Once he was sure that Logan had seen him the assassin slowly slipped to his previous location.

hoplathemightly
2014-04-25, 12:25 PM
Seeing the brief display of curiosity Chorn slowly approached the hunkered Zaddion, slinging the finely crafted rifle from his back Chorn whispered, "what have you seen, faceless one?" Flipping up the eye patch Chorn peered through the telescopic sight.

Awareness Per 33+10

Hemnon
2014-04-25, 01:31 PM
Corvus had been staring silently out into the cold wastes, trying both to find a place for the lot of them to go, but also how to get there safely.

Awareness Test to basicly just see if i can spot anything of notice
Per 43+10(Auto-Senses)+10(Heightened Senses: Sight & Hearing) = 63 (with Dark-sight, which nulls out any penalties given from bad lighting or something like it)

next is a Navigation (Surface) Test to figure out a safe-ish route to whatever i manage to spot:smallsmile:
(will let you, GM roll it, cuz i should know if my Navigational skill are spot on or not):smallwink:

Lord Raziere
2014-04-25, 10:24 PM
Voluptus raises an eyebrow. The faceless one saw something before anyone else. That was just sad. He follows the assassin as well, and then looks in the same direction, trying to discern what he was looking at, and if he spots it, he tries to guide them to it

Awareness check:
[roll0] Perception 35 + 10 (Heightened Senses (Sight, Hearing) = 45

Navigation (Surface) check:
[roll1] Intelligence 40

KasmKat
2014-04-25, 11:13 PM
Looking around yourself you can’t notice anything, everything appears to be a wasteland, broken buildings and that damned acid snow, trying to figure out where you are you finally figure it out… You’re Lost.

In Future please let me roll the awareness rolls.

Looking around towards where the faceless man is gesturing you quickly notice what appears to be the main city entrance, A huge set of doors, probably 100 meters wide and twice as tall, Gilded with Imperial Iconography. Outside the gates a small line snakes to it, halted by what appears to be guards. You can spot a relatively covered path to the main doors. Looking around some you notice another smaller less obvious entrance, however you notice that even that one is still guarded.

Hemnon - You are able to make navigation tests yourself, though they aren't necessary for this

hoplathemightly
2014-04-26, 12:16 AM
The front door, guarded, but not entirely unapproachable. Quite large, though I see a smaller door further away, also guarded. Thoughts? Chorn relaxes from his sight, waiting, he'd prefer others go first if possible. Never a good idea to get into a mess if it can be avoided.

Alhendors
2014-04-26, 07:50 AM
Zaddion pondered for a moment, it appears that Chorn had not seen the unguarded entrances or at least wouldn't tell him. Deciding that it may be beneficial to their cause if they were to do some close up reconnaissance, he points to the line being halted by guards.This will require no small degree of stealth... But if we do this right we may learn something in the process. Turning to Chorn he points to the other members of the group and then down to the covered path, before holstering his weapons and making his way towards the main door alone, activating his Camelioline Cloak.

Ordinary (+10) Stealth Test, Agility 49, +10 (Stealth +10), +20 (Camelioline cloak)
[roll0] - 4DoS

Hemnon
2014-04-26, 08:13 AM
"Hmmm... if we were to capture one of those guards, then i could take their form and infiltrate the remaining guards and then spring an ambush, though if we could capture one that is patrolling out of sight from the others, then it would be a lot easier to not seem suspicious." Corvus voiced out to the others.

Ionbound
2014-04-26, 08:58 AM
Elena peers around the building at the two doors described by the Space Marines and says, "Hmm...Taking a guard alive would definitely be ideal. If nobody decides to kill him, I could likely extract from him information on what lies within. Better to not go in blind."

hoplathemightly
2014-04-26, 10:01 AM
Hmm, a grand plan, I may be able to call a guard to us if they recognize the Emperor. I am a cleric after all, though it may be suspicious for a cleric to be on the surface. Perhaps a more complex rouse is in order. Chorn once again peers through the telescopic sight, this time though focusing his attention on the nearest guard, trying to discern their allegiance.

Trained Scrutiny +10(Heightened Senses?)

If these guards are of the imperium you and I will play a little game.

Kaynebot
2014-04-26, 06:17 PM
"I believe we should take the smaller entrance taking a guard alive and killing the others. If we do it fast enough we could slip into the city with minimal attention. I'd prefer not to leave this trophy" Logan pats his legion bike affectionately, "behind out here, and going through a larger doorway has a chance of drawing more attention. Once inside then, with the captive, we take his secrets and identity and use that for the domination of the entire city."

KasmKat
2014-04-26, 06:32 PM
Looking towards the guards you are unsure of their aliegance, however you are sure that they aren’t Imperium aligned, Small things seem to imply a distinct bent towards one of the chaos gods, you just can’t tell which at this distance.

Saithis Bladewing
2014-04-26, 07:21 PM
Zerachiel bristled at all of this discussion, remaining silent as the others discussed the best plan of action. Clenching and unclenching his fists, he resisted - only just - the urge to go off and attempt to infiltrate the city on his own.

"Whichever entrance it is, must we sit around and wait? I will cut my way through the guards if I must, but I doubt they have the courage to stand before us, the lapdogs of the Emperor are always cowardly." Zerachiel did not even bother to look at the entrance or try to discern his foe, his mind was thinking entirely about the throne and wondering what it might do for them.

Alhendors
2014-04-26, 07:57 PM
Zaddion was not one to rely on any comrades, after but a few moments of waiting without seeing the others following behind him the assassin decided it would be best to make another move. Concealing every weapon but his Reaver Long Rifle under the Camelioline Cloak and keeping it active, Zaddion pressed onward attempting to join the line at the very back, while at the same time scanning for any guards.

Difficult Stealth Test (-10), Agility 49 +10 (Stealth +10), +20 (Camelioline Cloak)
[roll0] - 4 DoS

Awareness test (Sight), Perception 52 +10 (Auto-Senses)

KasmKat
2014-04-26, 09:07 PM
Observing the Guards closely as you join the end of the line un-noticed you can tell that they are Imperial, armed and alert, carefully inspecting everyone who comes up to the gates, you can also notice something that doesn’t seem quite right about their positioning and attitudes but can’t figure out what it is. There are about 15 people ahead of you in the line.

hoplathemightly
2014-04-26, 09:36 PM
They don't appear to be men of the Imperium in any case. If you feel the urge to engage in a melee, be my guest, I can provide a shot or two to aid your endeavour. Chorn pulled back the bolt of his finely wrought Exitus Rifle, placing a single bullet into the chamber and sliding the bolt forward again. As long as this infiltration proves to be profitable I see no reason to exclude myself. I'll need a better position to ensure effective support fire. Feel free to move on your own, when the first man falls, that'll be the cue to let you know I've found a good spot. Chorn gently lays his rifle against the wall before shrugging off the ebon furs, and the red robes of a cleric. He bundles them into the tote attached to his back. Grabbing his rifle he slinks away into the snow drift, the cameleoline coating on his armor bleeding the edges of his profile.

Hard Stealth test (-30) Ag 45 +20 Cameleoline Combat
[roll0]

KasmKat
2014-04-26, 11:25 PM
Attempting to sneak towards cover, Chorn barely make it away from the others before one of the guards spots him, a previously unseen spotlight flicking on and outlining him on the snow. “Freeze! This is your only warning, If you do not halt we will fire upon you.” One of the soldiers calls out, hitting something next to him, setting off a siren and closing all the gates to the sound of Heavy bolts slamming home.

At the main gate, the sirens suddenly blare out, the great gates slamming shut and all the guards suddenly inspecting everyone in the line much closer. "No-one is to leave this Line, If you attempt to leave you may be fired upon, this is your only warning." Yells one of the guards with sergeants pips on his shoulder.

None of you are in combat yet, your next actions may start it though.
Only Chorn has been spotted at this point, however any movement may give away your positions.

Kaynebot
2014-04-27, 07:57 AM
Logan muttered a couple curses, Fine then, we head for the secondary entrance, kill them as fast as possible and break our way into the city, I'm not waiting out here for them to raise the gates and we should have enough power to break through." Logan would wait for a moment for at least one other to agree before roaring off on his bike towards the secondary entrance.

Ionbound
2014-04-27, 10:00 AM
Elena swears and mutters, "Idiots...Such reckless charging in. It's practically Khornate," before nodding to Logan and saying, "I'll keep you covered. Oh, and do try to take one alive, if possible."

Initiative: [roll0]

Fire at the nearest enemy at the secondary entry; Half-aim and fire single shot.

[roll1] vs. 33+20(aim)+10(Single)=63

Damage: [roll2] Pen 4.

Extra d10s for Accurate quality (1 per 2 DoS, max 2)
[roll3]
[roll4]

hoplathemightly
2014-04-27, 12:15 PM
Curses on you, Sand. Hearing the roar of the motorbike behind him Chorn knew it was time to act, stealth was no longer an option.

Initiative [roll0] +4
I'll wait to act until all initiative is rolled.

Alhendors
2014-04-27, 05:23 PM
That is most certainly not their standard behavior Zaddion was sure that something was wrong, though not entirely sure what was the cause of the disturbance. Keeping a sharp eye out he prepared himself for a fight in case he was forced into violence, but remained in a state of stealth as he did not wish for confrontation at this point.

KasmKat
2014-04-27, 09:25 PM
The scream of Elena’s Howler rifle echo’s across the plains, the impact landing directly in front of one of the guardsmen, Instantly they are all in motion, Moving back towards the doors and pulling up previously unseen barricades.

Combat is starting, A small note though – Both doors are actually 500m away… I did mention this earlier…
Main Door guards initiative (8 Guardsmen) - [roll0]

Secondary Door guards initiative (4 Guardsmen) - [roll1]

Saithis Bladewing
2014-04-27, 10:27 PM
Zerachiel winces quietly at the sloppy handling of the gates. Wordlessly he straightened himself and prepared for battle - there would be little honour in this killing, more akin to the slaughter of lambs than to a legitimate fight.

Initiative: [roll0]

Kaynebot
2014-04-27, 10:35 PM
Logan revved the bike engine, spinning the tires and taking off towards the secondary gate.

(1d10+4)[10]

Lord Raziere
2014-04-28, 02:14 AM
"Perfect. An opportunity to perform the fine art of swordsmanship."
Voluptus draws Krekarra, feeling the demon struggle within the blade as it glittered. He started to visualize what kind of picture to make with their corpses, then goes running towards the gates with unnatural grace considering the armor he wears...

[roll0]

Alhendors
2014-04-28, 07:30 AM
Zaddion slowly placed a hand close to his Sword's handle, if only as a precaution in case he was ever discovered.

Initiative Roll (Combat Sense) [roll0]

KasmKat
2014-04-28, 08:40 PM
Zacharial Opens his Wings, flying forwards quickly, drifting through the falling snow.

The guardsmen at the gates crouch down behind the hastily pulled up barricades, opening the boxes stored in the ground there, handing out weapons.

Elena Runs Forward (for the next 18 rounds...)
The turn goes to Logan

All distances are to the secondary gate unless noted
Voluptus (13) 480m
Zerachial (12) 452m
Main Door Guards (12) - 8 Guardsmen
Secondary Door Guards (12) - 4 Guardsmen
Elena (11) 60m (In 18 rounds time(
Logan (10) 500m
Zaddion (9) 25m (Main Gate)
Chorn (9) 250m
Corvus (8) 500m

Kaynebot
2014-04-28, 09:20 PM
Logan loves the feeling of power in the bike. Trying to urge the throttle to open up and go faster. Smiling underneath his helmet he reaches behind his back and pulls out Wrath's Bane. Let them break this he's thinking as he races towards them. Hoping to catch their attention, Logan always did love being center of attention.

Logan shall do this for the next 6 rounds. Oh and does the field on the storm shield extend to shots that hit the bike?

Alhendors
2014-04-29, 08:25 AM
Zaddion, although patient was growing very restless under the gaze of the guards, not to mention his armour probably attracted some small amount of attention from the very line he was atempting to hide in. If they catch on I'll be an easy target in this crowd, that is if they haven't seen me already. His mind set, Zaddion retreated under the attempt of stealth, all of his gear activated while at the same time drawing Twisted Promise.

1st Half Action: Move (Stealth) 4 meters away from the guards (Preferrably towards highest cover), Agility 49, +20 (Camelioline Cloak), +10 (Stummer), +10 (Stealth +10)
According to the skill descriptor Stealth is a free action that can be used while moving so...
[roll0]

2nd Half Action: Ready Weapon (Twisted promise)

hoplathemightly
2014-04-29, 11:26 AM
With all the sudden movement and advances upon the doors, Chorn seizes the moment to slip away from the spotlight.

Full Round Action: Stealth and move 8m, moving parallel to the gate.
Ag 45 +30(Very Easy) +20(Cameleoline Combat Armor)
[roll0]

KasmKat
2014-04-29, 10:36 PM
Zaddion slipps quietly into the snowdrifts, completely un-noticed

Chorn Slips out of the spotlight, hidden for now

This makes it Corvus's Turn

Hemnon
2014-04-30, 06:52 AM
Corvus just sighed before he went into a full run, knowing all too well that he most likely wouldn't be able to reach the destination before it was all ended.

Yup, full 24 meter run action this turn... and the turn after and the one after that... etc.:smallbiggrin:

Lord Raziere
2014-05-01, 12:43 AM
Voluptus thinks: This won't do. We wouldn't be able to practice his artistic swordsmanship if its going to take this long just to get there. His warp sorcery didn't have all that much range either. Lets try a diferent kind of warfare instead. He tries to send out his thoughts to the guardsmen, but doing so while trying to make them think they're the ones thinking those thoughts:
Its only a few of them. Lets charge out there and slaughter them! Then I can go enjoy some amasec when the job is done.
In addition he projects confidence that they can achieve this through the thoughts. Hopefully this will make them be stupid enough to do it.

Thought Sending:
Simple (+40)
[roll0] at Willpower 45+10+40= 105, so....instant success? maybe?

Deceive:
[roll1] Fel 55+20= 75

KasmKat
2014-05-01, 12:50 AM
Voluptus Runs Forward (460m away) Ignore this...
Zerachial Flies forward (404m away)
Main door guards crouch behind barricades, keeping an eye on the line and surrounding area, checking their weapons.
The Guards at the Secondary door look around in confusion for a moment before abandoning their barricades and sprinting forwards towards you, screaming something about amasec. (All 8 run forwards 18m) (25m forwards of doors)
Elena Runs Forward (452m away)
Logan Rides Forward (380m to go)
After Zaddion and Chorn.
Corvus Runs Forward (452 m away)
(All distances are to the Secondary doors unless listed otherwise)
Zaddions turn, followed by Chorn

Alhendors
2014-05-01, 04:10 PM
Zaddion, convinced that he was safe from the sight of the guards beyond raised his Reaver Long Rifle and scanned the closest guards, slowly tensing his hands around the fine weapon in his hands.

Full Aim action towards the closest Guard Zaddion can see.

hoplathemightly
2014-05-02, 11:27 AM
Chorn pressed himself against the decaying wall, obviously this attempt to slip smoothly into the city has gone wrong. Perhaps it'd be better to stay put and watch how this all unfolds. Chorn slowly positioned his Exitus Rifle to watch the scene unfold. There may be an opportunity to get to that door and inside.

Awareness Test followed by a Scrutiny Test of the second door to see if there's control panel for exterior access.

KasmKat
2014-05-02, 07:02 PM
You notice the doors control panel fairly easily, however it is a Bio-Scan panel, so getting through it might be hard without the right person.
also there is now obvious to you a Bunker above the door, with an autocannon sticking out.

Voluptus Runs Forward (440m away)
Zerachial Flies forward (356m away)
Main door guards Stay crouched down, waiting for any suspicious activity.
The Guards at the Secondary continue sprinting forwards towards you, screaming something about amasec. (All 8 run forwards 18m) (43m forwards of doors)
As you all watch, a panel above the secondary door slides up, the barrel of an autocannon sliding out of it.
Elena Runs Forward (428m away)
Logan Rides Forward (320m to go)
After Zaddion and Chorn.
Corvus Runs Forward (428 m away)

Alhendors
2014-05-03, 06:04 AM
Zaddion calmed himself, slowly pulling his finger towards the trigger as he steadied his body. With one final adjustment, the trigger was pulled, the Reaver Long Rifle sending a bolt straight for the Guard's head. Almost the very moment the ammunition left the chamber, Zaddion tried to move away from his location, if the Guards noticed one among their number fall without knowing where the shot came from their morale would likely falter some.

1st Half Action: Called Shot on closest Guardsman's head (+0), BS 63, +20 (Full Aim), +10 (Accurate), +1 DoS (Adroit), +2 Critical Damage (Crack Shot), +2 Damage/Penetration (Legacy)
Oh boy this is going to be complicated.
Shot: [roll0] 6 DoS
Damage: [roll1]
Pen: 4
Assuming 2 DoS (Accurate), Extra Damage: [roll2]
Assuming 4 DoS (Accurate), Extra Damage: [roll3]
Toxic (0)

2nd Half Action: Move (Stealth) 4m away yet remaining in cover, Agility 49, +20 (Camelioline Cloak), +10 (Stummer), +10 (Stealth +10)
[roll4]

hoplathemightly
2014-05-03, 10:30 AM
Chorn settles his reticle upon one of the crewmen operating the autocannon within the bunker. He watches the information feed in the scope of the wind direction, speed and distance, slowly adjusting his aim to compensate.

Full Action Aim

KasmKat
2014-05-03, 11:08 PM
A Loud crack from Zaddion’s rifle rings out and the head of one of the guards explodes, brains going everywhere.

The next 4 turns are as follows, unless people want to do something else, just to speed things up a bit...:
Voluptus Runs Forward (360m away)(4 turns)
Zerachial Flies forward (164m away)(4 Turns)
Main door:
Turn 1: The shock of one of their fellow guards stuns them for a moment, they quickly try to locate the source of the shot though, settling down further behind their barricades, to either side of the main doors an Autocannon Bunker opens the firing slits. (Awareness -20 to spot Zaddion)
Turn 2:Shoot or hunker down, more awareness
Turn 3:as above
Turn 4:as above
Main door autocannon bunkers:
Turn 2:Awareness or aim
Turn 3:Awareness, aim or semi auto
Turn 4:As above
Secondary Door Guards:
The Guards at the Secondary continue sprinting forwards towards you (All 8 run forwards 72m) (115m forwards of doors)
Secondary Door Autocannon Bunker:
Turn 1:Aim for Logan
Turn 2:Semi Auto
Turn 3:Aim for Logan
Turn 4:Semi Auto
Elena Runs Forward (332m away)(4 Turns)
Logan Rides Forward (120m to go)(3 Turns)
After Zaddion and Chorn.
Corvus Runs Forward (332 m away)(4 Turns)
Please list 4 actions each for Zaddion and Chorn

Main Door Guards
Turn 1: Awareness -20 (11) [roll0] - Fail

Turn 2:Awareness -20 (11) [roll1] or - Fail
Shoot - Short range +10, Semi Auto -10 (35) - [Rollv]8d100[rollv]
Damage - 1d10+3 - [roll2] (Taken in order)

Turn 3:Awareness -20 (11) [roll3] or - Fail
Damage - 1d10+3 - [roll4] (Taken in order)

Turn 4:Awareness -20 (11) [roll5] or - Fail
Damage - 1d10+3 - [roll6] (Taken in order)

Main Door Autocannons:
Turn 2:If Zaddion not found - Awareness -20 (11) [roll7] - Fail
If he's spotted Full Action Aim

Turn 3: Awareness -20 (11) [roll8] or - Fail
Full action Aim or
Shoot - Short range +10, Semi Auto -10, Full Aim +20 (55) - [Rollv]2d100[rollv]
Damage - 3d10+8 pen 6 - [roll9] [roll10] [roll11] [roll12] [roll13] [roll14]

Turn 4: Awareness -20 (11) [roll15] or - Fail
Full action Aim
Shoot - Short range +10, Semi Auto -10, (Full Aim +20, First round shooting only) (35/55) - [Rollv]2d100[rollv]
Damage - 3d10+8 pen 6 - [roll16] [roll17] [roll18] [roll19] [roll20] [roll21]

Secondary Door Autocannons:
Turn 1: Full action Aim for Logan
Turn 2: Shoot - Medium Range (+0), Semi Auto -10, Full Aim +20 (45) [roll22] - Miss
Damage - 3d10+8 pen 6 - [roll23] [roll24] [roll25]
Turn 3: Full action Aim for Logan
Turn 4: Shoot - Medium Range (+0), Semi Auto -10, Full Aim +20 (45) [roll26] - Jam
Damage - 3d10+8 pen 6 - [roll27] [roll28] [roll29]

Least Effective guards ever...
Awareness checks might change to a pass depending on zaddions actions...

Alhendors
2014-05-05, 04:59 AM
The Autocannons now presented an issue, Zaddion was sure he was able to take out a few Guards by surprise but a volley from those weapons would surely prove to be terrifyingly lethal. Retaining his tactic of stealth and with the goal of frightening the Guards into submission in mind the assassin began to target what he believed the only hope they had for victory.

1st Turn
Full Action: Full Aim (Closest Autocannon Operator)
However, if the GM allows it
1st Half Action: Use/Readying of Best Craftsmanship Stummer to blot out some of the Rifle sound
2nd Half Action: Half Aim (Closest Autocannon Operator)

2nd Turn
1st Half Action: Called Shot (Against the part of the body that is exposed from the cover, order of preference: Head, Body, Arms, Legs. If nothing is exposed then Head)
Bs 63, +20/+10 (Full Aim/Half Aim), +20 (Legacy of Slaughter), +10 (Short Range), +0 (Called Shot), +10 (Accurate), +1 DoS (Adroit), +2 Crit Damage (Crack Shot)
Shot: (1d100)[53]
Damage: (1d10+6)[12] Pen:4
2DoS Extra Damage: (1d10)[3]
4DoS Extra Damage: (1d10)[2]
Toxic (0)

2nd Half Action: Move (Stealth) 4m to the side, Agility 49, +20 (Camelioline Cloak), +10 (Stummer), +10 (Stealth +10)
Roll: [roll0]

3rd Turn
Full Action: Full Aim (Closest Autocannon Operator)
However, if the GM allows it
1st Half Action: Use/Readying of Best Craftsmanship Stummer to blot out some of the Rifle sound
2nd Half Action: Half Aim (Closest Autocannon Operator, if no Operator remaining against closest Guardsman)

4th Turn
1st Half Action: Called Shot (Against the part of the body that is exposed from the cover, order of preference: Head, Body, Arms, Legs. If nothing is exposed then Head)
Bs 63, +20/+10 (Full Aim/Half Aim), +20 (Legacy of Slaughter), +10 (Short Range), +0 (Called Shot), +10 (Accurate), +1 DoS (Adroit), +2 Crit Damage (Crack Shot)
Shot: (1d100)[57]
Damage: (1d10+6)[14] Pen:4
2DoS Extra Damage: (1d10)[1]
4DoS Extra Damage: (1d10)[5]
Toxic (0)

2nd Half Action: Move (Stealth) 4m to the side, Agility 49, +20 (Camelioline Cloak), +10 (Stummer), +10 (Stealth +10)
Roll: [roll1]

SHOT ROLLS MADE ON OOC THREAD TO PREVENT CLUTTERING, WILL RECTIFY THIS NEXT TIME IF NECESSARY

hoplathemightly
2014-05-05, 11:28 AM
Knowing that disabling the autocannon would be paramount to aiding his so-called comrades in their capturing of the gate, Chorn exhaled as he pulled the trigger, the near silent shot barely registered to anyone but Chorn and his target.

Will roll for attacks and damage in OOC thread.
First Turn: Half Action Called Shot against autocannon operator.
BS 52 +20(Full Aim) +10(Single shot) +10(Accurate) -10(Called Shot Head) if successful +1 DoS(Adroit)
1 DoS +1d10
2 DoS +1d10
Half Action Scrutiny and/or Awareness to watch for reinforcements to man the autocannon.
Second Turn: if operator reinforcements are apparently coming or being called for then Full Action Aim at autocannon; if reinforcements aren't coming or being sent for then Full Action Aim at remaining autocannon operator.
Third Turn: Half Action Called Shot against Autocannon.
BS 52 +20(Full Aim) +10(Single Shot) +10(Accurate) -10(Called Shot) -20(Size 2) if successful +1 DoS(Adroit)
1 DoS +1d10
2 DoS +1d10
Or Half Action Called Shot against Operator.
BS 52 +20(Full Aim) +10(Single Shot) +10(Accurate) -10(Called Shot Head) if successful +1 DoS(Adroit)
Half Action Scrutiny and/or Awareness to again watch for reinforcements.
Fourth Turn: Full Action Aim on any other guard that is moving to operate the autocannon or the next closest guard.

Kaynebot
2014-05-06, 03:11 PM
Seeing the guards come into range, Logan takes his left hand off the bike handle pulling out God Destroyer. Yelling in delight and fury, raising his weapon in the air in a triumphant manor, as the distance closed to the nearest guard, he pulled God Destroyer back and let it fly at the man he was speeding towards.

Hit and Run action
Attack with God Destroyer
WS: 48+10(BQ)+10(Hatred)-10(Difficult)= 58 vs [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] Pen: 9

And Hit and Run for Legion says target takes 1d10+4 but doesn't specify on whether the WS has to hit???
Dam: [roll2]

KasmKat
2014-05-10, 01:06 AM
Zaddion’s shots ring out, muffled by the stummer and the two autocannon operators die, their heads turned to mush. He slips into the snows after each shot, un-noticed.

Chorn’s first shot misses, wearing a furrow out of the bunker’s firing slit, the second takes the head off the Autocannon operator in a shower of blood.
Awareness: after your first shot all you manage to see is the operators ducking down, continuing to fire towards the crazed biker.
Scholastic Lore: From what you recall of standard protocols for threatened entrance to hive or fortress city the gates are immediately barred, and far more substantial walls dropped not far inside, sealing the city except for the 2 or 3 heavily guarded entrances for the use of the immediate response team – Usually between a company and regiment of PDF troopers, Stormtrooper of Guardsmen depending on what is on planet at the time, All space travel is immediately halted, airways cleared and any orbiting craft ordered out of the immediate area, followed by an Imperial navy blockade if there are ships available.

Logan roars towards the guards, but miss-judges the distance, tearing off behind them and missing them entirely as they turn around, realising the foolishness of their actions far too late.

Current Turns (7?) actions:

Voluptus Runs Forward (340m away) (20m)
Zerachial - Turn (You are 164 m away from the main doors and 31 m away from the guardsmen)
Main door: The further shots taking out their Heavy Weapon support the guardsmen guarding the main gate begin to panic, while still trying to locate the source of the shots – (Hard Awareness (-30), WP Test to prevent running away.
Main door autocannon bunkers: As you watch further guardsmen run forwards to man the autocannons (Ready)
Secondary Door Guards: The Guardsmen Gibber in terror - See Spoiler
Secondary Door Autocannon Bunker: As you watch the Autocannon swivels, the dead guardsman’s hands locked on the trigger (1d100 1-10 hits a random party member, 90-100 hits a random guardsman)
Elena Runs Forward (308m away)(24m)
Logan – Turn (You are 5 m past the last of the Guardsmen, 110 m from the main door)
Zaddion – Turn – (You are still about 25 m away from the main doors)
Chorn – Turn – You are still 250m away from the secondary doors)
Corvus Runs Forward (308 m away)(24m)
Zerachial Gets a turn before the guardsmen, then Logan, Zaddion and then Chorn afterwards

Main Door Guardsmen WP Tests: Against WP 25, Challenging test:
[roll0] - [roll1] -[roll2] -[roll3] -[roll4] -[roll5] -[roll6] -[roll7]
Main door Guards Awareness - hard (-30) = 01... (If they spot you they really spot you though...)
[roll8] -[roll9] -[roll10] -[roll11] -[roll12] -[roll13] -[roll14]

Secondary Door Guards - Firing - Point Blank (+30), Semi Auto (+0) = 65
[roll15] -[roll16] -[roll17] -[roll18] - Shooting guardsman 1
Damage: 1d10+5 Pen 2 (Overload) -
[roll19] - [roll20] - [roll21] - Guard 1
[roll22] - [roll23] - [roll24] - Guard 2
[roll25] - [roll26] - [roll27] - Guard 3
[roll28] - [roll29] - [roll30] - Guard 4

Gibbering in terror:
Guard 1 - (Frozen in terror)
Guard 2 - (Vomiting)
Guard 3 - (Mind Broken and Catatonic)
Guard 4 - (Hysterical laughter, shoots the other guardsmen)

Secondary Door Autocannon bunker random firing - [roll31]
Damage if necessary - [roll32]

Sorry about the huge delay for this guys, just had a heap of stuff come up...

Saithis Bladewing
2014-05-11, 01:36 PM
Zerachiel grins under his helmet as the guardsmen flee, and continues to fly forward towards the doors - he has no interest in worms, only in entering the city.

hoplathemightly
2014-05-17, 12:39 PM
Chorn watched as the chaos unfolded, there must be a path here, one laid out for him. He just had to see it.
Then it became apparent, his first shot had torn a hole right through the rockcrete. With the doors sealed maybe he could blast his way through the bunker, and open the door from within. He'd need help. He sent out a call over the micro bead transmitter hoping one of his comrades would receive the call. Buzzing over every frequency echoed Chorn's words, The Throne on Iskaria

Tech-Use [roll0] Int 43 +10(tech-Use) +20(routine?)

Alhendors
2014-05-17, 01:43 PM
Zaddion, realizing his clip was becoming empty, leveled his rifle towards the closest guard that was not stricken with fear, ready to reload if need be.

1st Half Action: Half-Aim (Closest non-Autocannon, non-fleeing Guard)
2nd Half Action: Called Shot (Guard's head)
Bs 63, +10 (Half Aim), +20 (Legacy of Slaughter), +10 (Short Range), +0 (Called Shot), +10 (Accurate), +1 DoS (Adroit), +2 Crit Damage (Crack Shot)
Shot: [roll0] - 3DoS (Assuming no GM modifiers)
Damage: [roll1]
2DoS extra Damage: [roll2]
4DoS extra Damage: [roll3] - Ignore
Pen: 4
Toxic (0)