PDA

View Full Version : Help me make this npc

LTwerewolf
2014-04-22, 12:43 PM
Concept: relatively high ac fighter that throws their shield as their weapon. Their primary hand weapon is more of an ac stick (defending weapon). I'd like the shield to be spell storing, so I can have it explode with a fireball or other some such nonoptimal nonsense. I was thinking bloodstorm blade, with some crusader, but i'm a little stuck as to which casting class to throw in there, and whether or not to use jade phoenix mage on top of it.

For armor I was thinking of using chain shirt, dastana, chahar-aina.

I haven't even landed on a race as of yet.

Starting around level 10, but may need to be leveled up if the pc's take longer to get to where he's at.

Falcon X
2014-04-22, 01:33 PM
My immediate thought for spellcasting classes is the Duskblade, so you can put a little magic into the shield. Though Artificer might do what you want flavor-wise.

You might consider, instead of taking a spellcasting dip, finding a feat or race combo that opens you up to a single domain of magic or set of spell-like abilities. Like, make yourself a half-fire elemental.

There might also be something explosive in the Desert Wind discipline. Or something for throwing in Tiger Claw. You could take a single Sword-sage dip halfway through your progression to get a ton of great maneuvers. I mean, if you're Crusader anyway, taking a dip of Swordsage at level 10 will give you 6 Level 5 Desert Wind or Tiger Claw maneuvers.