PDA

View Full Version : Galen vs. Kelsir (The Crowd Calls for Blood)

OMG PONIES
2014-04-22, 02:25 PM
The crowd is in an uproar as the two contestants are brought into the arena and unshackled in their opposing corners. The gigantic gates behind each of them would usually close with a deafening din of metal and stone, but any sound the gates would make is drowned out by those seeking entertainment. Both of them knew to expect this, but actually experiencing it was something else entirely. As the two fighters prepare to defend their lives, Kelsir is the first off the blocks!

http://i62.tinypic.com/2hdskf7.jpg

Baldin, you're up! Can both combatants please post a description, add it to their sheets, and post a DM Only spoiler listing current HP totals?

Initiative Rolls (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?285748-Dice-Roller-Test-Thread-III&p=17349577&viewfull=1#post17349577)

Deadline
2014-04-23, 10:30 AM
Across the arena, a garbed humanoid figure stands, although his form is hazy and indistinct. A sheathed Falchion is strapped across his back, and he holds a longbow in his hands. Links of shining mithril can just be seen beneath the various wraps and scarves that adorn his form. He holds his bow high in silent salute to Kelsir.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg21/nwnaldragon/1242867890245copy.jpg

The effect that is making him hazy and difficult to see is Blur.

He is currently in the Martial Spirit stance.

Rolling for Maneuvers Granted:
1 - Battle Leader's Charge
2 - Crusader's Strike
3 - Foe Hammer
4 - Mountain Hammer
5 - Stone Bones

[roll0]
[roll1]

Buff duration tracker:

Barkskin (1195/1200 rounds remaining)
Keen Edge (on Falchion) (496/500 rounds remaining)
Cat's Grace (27/30 rounds remaining)
Blur (28/30 rounds remaining)
Bull's Strength (29/30 rounds remaining)

Current Stance: Martial Spirit
Current HP Damage: 0

38/40 arrows remaining.

Baldin
2014-04-24, 09:40 AM
In the cornor at the other side of the arena you see a lean human. He wears no armor, though a large wooden shield rests on his back. He wears a tunic worm by most peasants. In his right hand he wields a scimitar while he holds a potion of some sorts in his left.

Make a spot check to see more.

In a raspy voice "And so a new hero enters the arena?"

Standard: Swallow potion of shield of Faith
Free: Stance of Clerity on Galen
Move: Draw poiton (Shield) while moving to D17

OMG PONIES
2014-04-25, 06:33 AM
As Kelsir draws closer to his foe, he downs one potion and draws another. Galen can see nothing out of the ordinary about his opponent.

http://i61.tinypic.com/1o1vrs.jpg

Deadline, you're up!

Did you mean Stance of Clarity, rather than Celerity?

[roll0]

Baldin
2014-04-26, 07:16 AM
Oeps, yes I do pony=p You are as sharp as always it seems=p

Deadline
2014-04-28, 11:51 AM
Seeing his opponent approach cautiously, Galen responds in kind. He slowly stalks forward, taking careful aim before releasing an arrow at his opponent. "I am no hero, and neither are you. But I can offer you a swift death."

Move 20ft to Q4.
Attack with Bow: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Attack Confirm: [roll2]
Crit Damage: [roll3]

Buff duration tracker:

Barkskin (1194/1200 rounds remaining)
Keen Edge (on Falchion) (495/500 rounds remaining)
Cat's Grace (26/30 rounds remaining)
Blur (27/30 rounds remaining)
Bull's Strength (28/30 rounds remaining)

Current Dodge Target: Kelsir

37/40 arrows remaining.

Baldin
2014-04-28, 04:28 PM
The arrow is a good shot, but seems unable to penetrate Kelsir's clothing. Kelsir downs his second potion and closes in more.
As he nears you can see him move with elegance and his words sound smooth and confident a smirk on his face.
"Beleive me, death is the one thing you cannot bring to me. As for the hero part....I'm just here to bring joy to the crowd"

Standard: Drink potion
Move: move to H13
Free: draw another potion (magic fang)

Deadline
2014-04-29, 10:20 AM
Galen narrows his eyes and tilts his head to one side, sizing his opponent up. "Very well then, let us give the crowd the blood they so desperately crave." At that, he sprints forward, dropping his longbow on the way and drawing the falchion from its sheath. He brings his deadly blade in a wide, spinning arc aimed at separating Kelsir's upper torso from his legs.

Free: Drop Longbow along the way, M8 looks fine.
Full Round Action: Initiate Battle Leader's Charge. Charge to I12 and attack Kelsir, drawing Falchion as part of the movement.
Attack (+2 from Charge, threatens a critical on 15-20): [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Crit Confirm: [roll2]
Crit Damage: [roll3]

Any return attacks Kelsir might make have a 20% miss chance (roll a d100, 1-20 misses).

1 - Crusader's Strike
2 - Foe Hammer
3 - Stone Bones

[roll4]
[roll5]

Available Maneuvers: Foe Hammer, Mountain Hammer, Stone Bones

Expended Maneuvers: Battle Leader's Charge

Buff duration tracker:

Barkskin (1193/1200 rounds remaining)
Keen Edge (on Falchion) (494/500 rounds remaining)
Cat's Grace (25/30 rounds remaining)
Blur (26/30 rounds remaining)
Bull's Strength (27/30 rounds remaining)

37/40 arrows remaining

Baldin
2014-05-01, 01:58 AM
As Galen charges Kelsir his blade drives home and Galen notices his blade cuts deep, just an inch short of what would have struck a man down in a single blow (crit not confirmed). As Galen pulls his blade from Kelsirs body blood flows out. Pain however does not seem to be visible on Kelsirs face, though the knowledge of his life-force flowing out is evidently visible on his face.

As galen charges Kelsir he strikes with a near perfect swing, however Kelsir seems to be magicaly protected and the sword bounces of his skin.

Kelsir strikes back, however he does not swing a sword, he bites.

Standard: Initiate Steely Strike
Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage if hit: [roll1]
If hit make fort save against paralysis

Baldin
2014-05-01, 01:59 AM
oeps misschance roll:
[roll0] 1-20 means miss

ahwell i guess a 16 is missed anyway so ill skip rerolling the misschance unless I did hit

Baldin
2014-05-06, 01:49 AM
Galen you are up=]

Deadline
2014-05-06, 06:51 PM
Baldin, just so I'm clear, Kelsir has imbibed a potion of Shield of Faith, and a potion of Shield (Galen doesn't know what either potion is or does - you should probably put that info in a "DM Only" spoiler), and is not currently using the shield strapped to his back, and his AC is 31+? No armor, no visible magical effects or soulmelds, etc? Keep in mind that the Shield potion doesn't stack with a normal shield, and the Shield of Faith potion doesn't stack with any other Deflection bonus (like from rings of protection, etc.).

I'm kind of surprised to find someone who optimized AC. Of course, I've got a contingency for the likes of you. :smallbiggrin:

I do have an action, but won't be able to post it until later tonight, I need to access Galen's mythweavers sheet, which I don't have at the moment.

Deadline
2014-05-06, 11:51 PM
Kelsir's bites are wild, undisciplined. Galen easily sidesteps them and drops to a low crouch. He removes one hand from his falchion, but the other keeps the blade between Keslir's snapping teeth and himself. He speaks a few words of Arcane Power and miniature arcs of lightning begin coruscating over his hand. He lunges out quickly just to grasp Kelsir's arm, a nasty shock awaiting the biting gladiator should he connect.

Standard: Cast Shocking Grasp (DC 16 Concentration check required, automatically passes) and make touch attack.
Touch Attack (+3 if PONIES thinks Kelsir is carrying a sufficient amount of metal to warrant the bonus): [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] Electricity

Any return attacks Kelsir might make have a 20% miss chance (roll a d100, 1-20 misses).

1 - Crusader's Strike

Available Maneuvers: Crusader's Strike, Foe Hammer, Mountain Hammer, Stone Bones

Expended Maneuvers: Battle Leader's Charge

Buff duration tracker:

Barkskin (1192/1200 rounds remaining)
Keen Edge (on Falchion) (493/500 rounds remaining)
Cat's Grace (24/30 rounds remaining)
Blur (25/30 rounds remaining)
Bull's Strength (26/30 rounds remaining)

0/1/0 Spell Slots used

37/40 arrows remaining

Baldin
2014-05-08, 05:11 AM
Eey, i keep my buffs on my character sheet, Pony checks em there. I do have 1 visable thing which is a barklike skin. Furthermore, the AC is indeed so high due to a mix of magical armor bonus (mageshield ofc) and shield, faith and a high dex and ofc stance.

Baldin
2014-05-08, 05:19 AM
As the battle goes on, the combatants keep dodging and glancing off the attacks. Galen attempts to grasp Kelsir with his sparkling hand, however Kelsir dodges the attack.(IRR the spell stays active on your hand so you can use it next round again. Also I wear no iron besides my scimitar so I dont think u get the +3)

Swift: Refresh maneuvers
Standard: Bite Attack: [roll0]
If hit: damage: [roll1] and save for Paralysis DC 19

Deadline
2014-05-12, 10:59 AM
Galen dances out of the reach of Kelsir's bite yet again. What sort of madman tries to eat his foe?, he thinks to himself. The electrical charge still dancing on his fingertips, he waits for an opening and lunges in towards his simply dressed foe, attempting to rake the electricity across his midsection.

I believe you are correct about holding the charge. PONIES, if that is incorrect, please let me know and I can adjust (realistically, it means I'd forgo my iterative this round to simply cast the spell again and make the touch attack).
Full Attack: Touch Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] Electricity damage

If this attack fails to hit, then Galen will take his next iterative to try and hit with it:
Touch Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] Electricity damage

If the first attack hits, then Galen will make his iterative attack with his Falchion instead:
Touch Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5] Slashing damage

1 - Battle Leader's Charge

Available Maneuvers: Battle Leader's Charge, Crusader's Strike, Foe Hammer, Mountain Hammer, Stone Bones

Expended Maneuvers: None

Buff duration tracker:

Barkskin (1191/1200 rounds remaining)
Keen Edge (on Falchion) (492/500 rounds remaining)
Cat's Grace (23/30 rounds remaining)
Blur (24/30 rounds remaining)
Bull's Strength (25/30 rounds remaining)

0/1/0 Spell Slots used

37/40 arrows remaining

Baldin
2014-05-14, 06:12 AM
The first contact of the battle occurs as Galen grabs hold of Kelsir with a shocking grasp. The shock seems to make Kelsir stagger for a second, however he recovers on time to dodge Galen's second attack. Kelsir counter attacks with another ferocious bite.

Standard: Steely Strike [roll0]
If hit: Damage [roll1] and make fort save vs paralysis

If crit:
Confirm: [roll2]
Extra damage: [roll3]

Baldin
2014-05-14, 06:15 AM
oeps forgot misschance! 1-20 miss [roll0]

Deadline
2014-05-15, 10:09 AM
Kelsir's snapping teeth come dangerously close, and Galen performs a backflip to dodge out of the way. Emboldened by his successful strike, he repeats the arcane gestures and words of power, and the familiar arcs of miniature lightning again play around his fingers. Galen leaps in at his opponent, and plunges his hand in a downward stroke aimed squarely at Kelsir's chest.

"I'll try to make this quick, and stop your heart." he says quietly to his foe.

Standard: Cast Shocking Grasp (DC 16 Concentration check required, automatically passes) and make touch attack.
Touch Attack: [roll0]

All Maneuvers are currently granted.

Available Maneuvers: Battle Leader's Charge, Crusader's Strike, Foe Hammer, Mountain Hammer, Stone Bones

Buff duration tracker:

Barkskin (1190/1200 rounds remaining)
Keen Edge (on Falchion) (491/500 rounds remaining)
Cat's Grace (22/30 rounds remaining)
Blur (23/30 rounds remaining)
Bull's Strength (24/30 rounds remaining)

0/2/0 Spell Slots used

37/40 arrows remaining

Baldin
2014-05-16, 02:02 AM
Again Galen touches Kelsir and the shock runs through his body. Even though his body looks greatly haggard a smile touches his face. "Foolish man, you still think this body is in possession of anything living?"

In a final attempt Kelsir Bites, revealing the rotten insides of his mouth.

Standard: Rabid Wolf Strike [roll0]
If hit: damage: [roll1]+[roll2] and make save vs paralysis

Oeps i keep forgetting to roll misschance, however 17 misses anyway=]

Deadline
2014-05-19, 09:26 AM
At last Galen realizes what his opponent is driving at. He repeats his arcane gestures once again, this time driving his open palm straight at Kelsir's face. "Your brief time in this arena is over, may you find peace in the next world."

Touch Attack: [roll0]

All Maneuvers are currently granted.

Buff duration tracker:

Barkskin (1189/1200 rounds remaining)
Keen Edge (on Falchion) (490/500 rounds remaining)
Cat's Grace (21/30 rounds remaining)
Blur (22/30 rounds remaining)
Bull's Strength (23/30 rounds remaining)

0/3/0 Spell Slots used

37/40 arrows remaining

Baldin
2014-05-20, 11:32 AM
As Galen again attempts to touch Kelsir he grabs hold of Kelsir's jaw as lightning surges through the man. A grin shows on Kelsir's face "Finaly....rest" and his corpse turns to dust.

Gratz!

Deadline
2014-05-20, 11:51 AM
As Galen again attempts to touch Kelsir he grabs hold of Kelsir's jaw as lightning surges through the man. A grin shows on Kelsir's face "Finaly....rest" and his corpse turns to dust.

Gratz!

Woo! Man, it was nuts trying to hit Kelsir. And I thought Galen was a tough nut to crack (you barely missed him with your highest roll). I'm guessing Kelsir is a gravetouched ghoul of some variety? (judging by the paralyzing bite and being undead).

Well played good sir, and may your next entry find more success.