PDA

View Full Version : Creation Spells

Yogibear41
2014-04-22, 03:37 PM
I can use Create water to make all the water I could ever need, I can use create food to make all the food I could ever need, I can even use Wall of Stone/Iron/Salt to create several minerals for various purposes.

But say I need hides for leather working for all sorts of various applications, or wood for building or fire making, because in a cold world with no electricity I need to provide non-magical light and warmth for the masses. What spells could I use to create these or other kinds of raw materials with which I could build a civilization.

Kamin_Majere
2014-04-22, 03:57 PM
Polymorph Any Object plus Fabricate tends to be able to make nearly anything you could ask for

Chronos
2014-04-22, 04:24 PM
Minor Creation or Major Creation works for just about anything, but is only temporary. True Creation is the same, but instantaneous, so it never wears off.

Studoku
2014-04-22, 05:24 PM
It's all fun and games until someone creates 1 cu. ft./level of anti-osmium.

sleepyphoenixx
2014-04-22, 05:53 PM
Deadfall (SpC) creates permanent wood. Quite a bit of it too, at no XP cost.
True Creation can create anything but it costs XP and is only available from the Creation domain. Since it's 8th level you can't duplicate it with Miracle or Wish either. You can get it as a SLA by taking two levels in Heir of Syberis though.

You can get as much heat as you want with Wall of Fire and Permanency. Combined with Create Water and Fabricate you can probably devise a way to get electricity. Any knowledge or craft skills necessary can be gotten with spells, too.

unseenmage
2014-04-22, 11:22 PM
True Creation can make Alchemical Items as Alchemical Items are explicitly non-magical.

Crake
2014-04-23, 12:04 AM
True Creation can make Alchemical Items as Alchemical Items are explicitly non-magical.

yet require spellcasting to make :smalltongue:

unseenmage
2014-04-23, 12:44 AM
yet require spellcasting to make :smalltongue:

Which is why I tend to just buy some Marvelous Pigments to make Alchemical Items. :smalltongue:

JeminiZero
2014-04-23, 01:17 AM
But say I need hides for leather working for all sorts of various applications,
Cows! Cows take in food, and produce leather (and meat and milk). Therefore, if you have a an over supply of magically created gruel, you can funnel some into cows, and use them to make leather.

(More extreme measures involve using Planar Binding to bring in outsiders, and then just slaughtering them for their bodyparts. But that will likely have long term consequences of some sort.)

or wood for building or fire making, because in a cold world with no electricity I need to provide non-magical light and warmth for the masses.
Light can be achieved via Continual Flame.

Warmth can be achieved by a variety of means. Besides the Permanency Wall of Fire mentioned above, you could simply cast Endure Elements on everybody (likely via some self-resetting trap), so that they do not need warmth.

Also, minor/major creation can be used to make wood/fuel for burning. This makes the limited duration of the spell unimportant, since the product is going to go up in smoke anyway.

Pilo
2014-04-23, 06:57 AM
Halaster's Fetch I to 6 (Level 4 to 9, City of Splendors: Waterdeep, p. 153) : Like summon monster spell except the monster stay here at the end of the spell duration. Here comes the celestrial badger/dog/monkey/rat. At the end of the duration, kill it. Then invisible servant to skin the pelt, then fabricate on it to make leather.

You can also eat the meat.

dextercorvia
2014-04-23, 09:50 AM
Cows! Cows take in food, and produce leather (and meat and milk). Therefore, if you have a an over supply of magically created gruel, you can funnel some into cows, and use them to make leather.

(More extreme measures involve using Planar Binding to bring in outsiders, and then just slaughtering them for their bodyparts. But that will likely have long term consequences of some sort.)

Combine the two, and planar bind a celestial cow?