PDA

View Full Version : Creating this weapon

evyldead
2014-04-22, 04:05 PM
How would this weapon be made like how much.

Rapier + Buckler combo
Both rapier and buckler must be carried by same person to gain magical benifit

Rapier +20
Keen
Holy Power
Lightening Blast
Shocking burst
Defending
of initiative +2

Buckler +20
Acid, cold, fire, lightning, sonic warding
Great reflection

hayek
2014-04-22, 04:10 PM
Dude, you are way better off just getting a sword of Ga`nd Ulf.

It's level 99, summons dwarven protectors and on a successful crit has a chance to summon invis'd halfing thieves to sneak attack your enemies.

Kamin_Majere
2014-04-22, 04:17 PM
Sword would cost 30,420,000gp (plus price of MW Rapier)

Shield would cost 36,000,000gp (Plus cost of MW Buckler)

I think I got the bonuses added up correctly

Basically you take the +'s to the weapons and square them then multiply them by 20000 for weapons and 10000 for armor/shields

Red Fel
2014-04-22, 04:35 PM
I'm pretty sure that:
Either one of those items, alone, would take up pretty much your entire party's WBL. Either one of those items would require seriously epic level enhancements; I don't think that pre-epic goes that high. Once you're into epic levels, the typical definitions are meaningless anyway and money has no value since you can pretty much create and destroy worlds at will.
Short version: If you have to worry about money, you can't afford it. If you can afford it, the cost is meaningless.

Grayson01
2014-04-22, 05:26 PM
I don't think that pre-epic goes that high.

If you have to worry about money, you can't afford it. If you can afford it, the cost is meaningless.

Pre-epic can only have a +5 bonus and can only have a +10 combined tottal bonus + enchanments

Yeah what he said.

VoxRationis
2014-04-22, 06:39 PM
Wait, those +20s are enhancement bonuses, not base prices? What the heck?

evyldead
2014-04-23, 03:12 PM
okay how about a +54 to say one stat ? like gloves of dex +54 ?

Kamin_Majere
2014-04-23, 03:22 PM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/magicItems/basics.htm#creatingEpicMagicItems

You know all of this is free and easy to get online right?

as to the question Gloves of Dex +54 would be 29,160,000gp

Why are you needing 100,000,000 worth of magic items for? No crystal sphere could possiblly have anything like this and even considering Dice Freaks level of play and Sigil you would be hard pressed to find anyone in the multiverse capable of creating any of these short of a god (or barring insane loop holes a 371st level wizard or a 240th level artificer)

Captnq
2014-04-23, 04:04 PM
How would this weapon be made like how much.

Rapier + Buckler combo
Both rapier and buckler must be carried by same person to gain magical benifit

Rapier +20
Keen
Holy Power
Lightening Blast
Shocking burst
Defending
of initiative +2
Buckler +20
Acid, cold, fire, lightning, sonic warding
Great reflection

You can't but on more then -30% costs with limitations on a magic item. So just go with LG paladins only or some crap. Must have both items is a -10% limitation at best.

+20 is achieved with True Strike.

+20 to Buckler, Not so easy. Go with Bracers of armor AC 1 +5 with Ghost ward.

Finally, just get the EVD from my sig, go to the combat equipment section, have fun.

Red Fel
2014-04-23, 07:10 PM
okay how about a +54 to say one stat ? like gloves of dex +54 ?

Not only is it absurdly, unreasonably expensive, but it's also a silly waste.

This is a sincere piece of advice. D&D isn't just about who has the biggest numbers. This isn't WoW and nobody cares about gearscore. The name of the game is utility. Having NI damage is meaningless if you can't land a hit; having NI hit points is worthless against a save-or-die effect.

And having +54 to one stat won't help you if my character is invisible, or teleporting, or hits you with any number of effects that have nothing to do with that one super-pumped stat.

For the cost of an easily-epic item boosting a stat to such an outrageous degree, I could kit myself out with any number of useful nicknacks from the Lists of Necessary Magic Items (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?187851-3-5-Lists-of-Necessary-Magic-Items) or Shax's Haversack (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?148101-3-x-Shax-s-Indispensible-Haversack-%28Equipment-Handbook%29). These are items with actual, useful effects, not just big numbers tacked on.

It's time to step up to the big leagues, friend. Stop thinking about raw numbers and start thinking about utility.

Dr. Azkur
2014-04-23, 08:53 PM
Exactly what is the purpose you intended for this thread?