PDA

View Full Version : Big Daddy 2.0 Build Advice Required

Gorr_the_Gastly
2014-04-22, 07:29 PM
Ok so this is gonna be a gestalt game for 2 people and myself as the DM playing the big daddy mostly as a DMPC or NPC when it would interact with the Little Sister character we are working on.

Now this is gonna be a level 5 game. One side of the build is going to be a Spirit Lion Totem Whirling Frenzy Barbarian 1/Dungeon Crasher Fighter 4.

What should the other side be?
Now while I like the straight up big daddy build maybe something a little more interesting to go with it.

Here is the story for the two characters.
The little sister is a deposed princess, her family killed when the kingdom was taken in a coup. Her bodyguard the warforged Ironhide (Mr Bubbles to her) fled from the castle with her as that was his last ordered action by the king for whom he was built to serve. He is now charged with the protection of the little girl, her physical protection mostly as he does not understand the aspect of soul and such yet. She however in her darkest moment has become a montebank (dragon compendium class) with a possible gestalt into Bard or Warlock to complete the I Sold my Soul design.

Now he has tried to put himself between the patron and the girl as best he can without fully understanding what she has given both her soul and her physical age as she has stopped growing in appearance. He has become the official conduit for the dark patron, being the voice through which he speaks to the girl and gives her orders or praises her dark deeds.

So what class would go with the protector aspect but give him some flexibility as well.

The third party member normally plays a martial character as well which is why I am ok with her party face build. He will likely be a Warblade mixed with something like a rogue for some skills and sneak attack dice to make a cunning surprise attack now and then or refluffing sneak attack as a cleverly placed strike.