PDA

View Full Version : Need to make a high Knowledge(Religion) DC

Taverick
2014-04-22, 09:14 PM
So some things happened, kinda screwed up royally on a UMD check and now I'm slowly turning into some big and heinous outsider that I can't identify just yet. Well if my type changes I lose a special template I took and doing that would probably sick a pit fiend (or agents of) after me to reclaim his property. So, with a int mod of 6, and maybe only one rank in the skill cause I doubt it will be a class skill, how do I make a DC 50 knowledge(religion) check? It's the fastest and easier way for me to fix this seeing as I'm only level 2. I am a 1st lvl artificer so I can make up to 2nd lvl scrolls. Any spells that you can suggest would be nice as long as they add to a knowledge skill or not the next skill used.
Lets not have the pit fiend subject me to ANOTHER bout of painful essence infusion shall we?

Zanos
2014-04-22, 09:16 PM
Guidance of the Avatar (https://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/sb/sb20010504a) will get +20 of it done.

Taverick
2014-04-22, 09:24 PM
Guidance of the Avatar (https://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/sb/sb20010504a) will get +20 of it done.

Awesome! Now I just need at least another +15. Might help if I lay out what I've got so far;

Int mod: 6
Ranks: 1
MW tools: 2
skill enhancement infusion: 2
Divine insight: 6
Guidance of the avatar: 20
Total: 37
If I play my cards right I can get a additional +5 out of the base sacrifice bonuses, so that brings me up to 40. Can any one fill in that last +8?

dextercorvia
2014-04-22, 09:42 PM
Improvisation with a sufficiently high CL. Wieldskill gets you another +5. Several of those might be Competence bonuses, watch for stacking rules.

You can get a +2 out of Fox's Cunning (which you can make as a level 1 scroll, IIRC from the Sandshaper list).

Sith_Happens
2014-04-22, 09:54 PM
Ancient Knowledge (Magic of Eberron) gives +5 insight.

GilesTheCleric
2014-04-22, 10:47 PM
Lore of the Gods gives a +5 insight bonus, and will also let you re-roll your check if you fail. Insight of Good Fortune and Alter Fortune also give you rerolls. Share Talents will give a +2 untyped bonus, and gives you proficiency in the skill.

If your knowledge check doesn't completely work, Commune might do the trick.

Edit: Found a solution. Substitute Domain or domain draught into the Demonic domain (BoVD), then use Demoncall for a +10 profane bonus.

Also, if you can find a library, they can give up to a +6 circumstance bonus (SBG).

Edit 2: Sub domain/draught into the Nature domain (OA), then use Commune with Lesser Spirit. Nobility domain gives a +2 morale bonus. Mechanus domain's (PlH) Mechanus Mind gives an +2 untyped bonus.

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-23, 06:57 AM
Guidance of the Avatar - +20
Divine insight - +5 to +15 insight bonus

That puts you at +35. Get foxes cunning for another +2, for +37.

Call to mind can allow you to roll again at +4. That should give you +41

Get 1 rank, then get a masterwork book for a +2, for +44.

Taverick
2014-04-23, 09:14 AM
Lore of the Gods gives a +5 insight bonus, and will also let you re-roll your check if you fail. Insight of Good Fortune and Alter Fortune also give you rerolls. Share Talents will give a +2 untyped bonus, and gives you proficiency in the skill.

If your knowledge check doesn't completely work, Commune might do the trick.

What books are these spells in and commune won't work, as I can't make a scroll of that lvl yet and the knowledge check is to make a sacrifice to fix myself.

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-23, 09:24 AM
OH, I forgot one. Not a bonus, but surge of fortune will allow you to treat your check as a natural 20. That is equivalent to a untyped +10.

GilesTheCleric
2014-04-23, 12:23 PM
What books are these spells in and commune won't work, as I can't make a scroll of that lvl yet and the knowledge check is to make a sacrifice to fix myself.

Lore of the Gods (CC)
Insight of Good Fortune (PHB2)
Alter Fortune (PHB2)
Share Talents (PHB2)
Demoncall (FC1, BoVD)
Commune with Lesser Spirit (CAr, OA)
Mechanus Mind (SC, PlH)

Hope this helps.