PDA

View Full Version : Frenzied Berzerker question.

Petioni
2014-04-22, 10:56 PM
Does a Frenzied Berserker get rage and frenzy or is it one or the other?
Do feats that pertain to rage also benefit frenzy?
Do you get Barbarian feats as you level or do those just stop at 6 when you become a Frenzied Berserker?

VoxRationis
2014-04-22, 11:04 PM
What barbarian feats? Barbarians don't get bonus feats as far as I know.
Yes, you can stack rage and frenzy on one another for true ridiculousness in terms of damage potential. If you get bear warrior as well, I'd imagine that stacks as well.
I don't imagine that rage-benefiting feats benefit frenzy unless they specifically say they do, since most of them came out in the same book (Complete Warrior) as Frenzied Berserker and it would be really stupid in that context not to say so if that's what they meant.

Petioni
2014-04-23, 07:16 AM
I mean barbarian extra things like tireless rage that come with class levels not feats.

KillianHawkeye
2014-04-23, 07:23 AM
I mean barbarian extra things like tireless rage that come with class levels not feats.

You don't get any of that unless you take more levels of Barbarian.

Chronos
2014-04-23, 08:51 AM
Right, it's simple: If you take barbarian levels, you get barbarian class features. If you take frenzied berserker class levels, you get frenzied berserker class features. If you take class X, then you get X class features.

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-23, 09:04 AM
Rage and frenzy do stack with one another, but beware, you suffer all the penalties when each ends. When frenzying, you should have a good reason why your blindingly angry character is not also raging. If he can be more aggressive, he should be more aggressive.

The Insanity
2014-04-23, 09:31 AM
When you Frenzy you also have to Rage. Frenzy says the FB fights to his best ability. That should include Raging.

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-23, 09:42 AM
Well, you can rage without frenzying, and if you are out of rage for the day, nothing stops you from frenzying without also raging.