PDA

View Full Version : [IC] Dark Heresy: Purge the Alien

Rising Chaos
2014-04-22, 11:22 PM
The Inquisition, first bastion of defense against the horrors of the heretic, the mutant, and the alien. For ten thousand years they have acted as the brutal and stalwart defenders of the Imperium, protecting humanity from itself as well as the unknown. The time has come for you loyal servants to prove your worth, to stand with the guardians of humanity, or fall to the wayside, broken and forgotten.

After receiving summons to the Hive-world of Scintilla you find yourself on-board the Jericho-class Pilgrim ship Voice of Triumph. From the outside the ship seems fairly ratty and abused, the hull is battered and paint cracked from centuries of use and it's once gold inlays and symbols of devotion are stained and scratched, however the interior is a completely different matter. The halls of the Voice are dark grey, smoothed granite of immaculate craftsmanship. Pillars of marble and banisters of white gold jut from the walls and the floor consists of smooth, black obsidian tiling.
The red and gold symbol of the Inquisition is omnipresent within the ship, and it's servants do not bother to hide their presence. Hooded, snarling combat servitors roam the halls, weapon limbs twitch as they acquire targets and then settle as they identify their quarry as friendly. Inquisitional soldiers in their layered black carapace patrol the halls, their blank helmets constantly assessing the environment. Less intimidating but equally important are the dozens of savants and administratum personnel who stride through the ship, balking slightly at the servitors and guard but full of pride, the prestige of their roles not lost to them.

You've all been aboard the Voice for about two days, though you have been confined to your rooms and the rest of the rooms on level 146, which consist mainly of the barracks and mess halls for the administratum personnel and inquisitorial guard. This morning you each received a dataslate with the Inquisitorial seal, the message contained is simple. You are to proceed to the Voice's War Room, on level one, to be briefed by the Inquisition on your first "official" mission as an Acolyte cell. A map to the War Room is also provided on your dataslates.

LeSwordfish
2014-04-23, 02:52 AM
Zhou had spent the last few days meditating in her cabin, running comforting subroutines and looped prayer-functions to prepare her for the task ahead. She'd sharpened her blade, twice, taking comfort in the displacement activity, and memorised the layout of the ship, as a leisure activity. Finally, when the message arrived she completed her meditation, stood, stretched, sheathed her blade, and headed to the war room at a clipped stroll, her robes billowing behind her.

The Architect
2014-04-23, 01:59 PM
Galatea Chorda

Galatea Chorda awoke nearly mechanically, in the darkness of the small acolyte chamber. In the complete darkness she began to tie her hair up into a knot, out of her eyes. She had been informed that formerly she had enjoyed extravagant impractical hair styles of myriad bright outrageous colors, but her hair was now a deep and natural black. She removed the covering and walked directly to the sonic shower, a perk of an acolyte chamber. She had slept unclothed, as was more practical, and after pressing the activation rune on the wall stood perfectly still for a verbal countdown of five minutes.

She stepped backwards out of the alcove and turned to her square of folded garments she had left for herself the night before. Unlike what she had supposedly worn formerly her clothing was modest and dark, lacking even the identifying colors or symbols of the Inquisition or the Scholastica Psykana. The clothing was largely loose and mobile, focusing on maneuverability over most everything else.

She took a side step about two feet further along the table and plucked her courier bag of her few belongings, swinging it over one shoulder. She took a final side step and removed her weapons from the table. She latched the collapsed scythe and compound bow to her lower back, her quiver peeking from her courier bag, and placed her pistol in a holster under her arm. Lastly she took a small black notebook embossed with a golden aquila and removed from it several crumpled pieces of paper, which she hid strategically around her body, such as tucked into her sleeves. The last item, finally stowed in her bag, was as much a survival mechanism as her weapons. The book functioned largely as a journal, to assist in her forming of new memories, while the small pieces of paper detailed the names and social ticks of individuals she had recently encountered and the appropriate methods of interaction in most common social situations. Certain situations, such as combat and psychic study, she took to swimmingly but as of yet she had not regained the skill social graces she had supposedly formerly possessed.

Her form prepared she recited the fifth cant of stillness and rose to the first remuneration, a state of calm serenity. The mental exercises made the approaching interaction with other humans, especially given they were non-psykers and possibly prone to prejudice, less intimidating. Once prepared she departed and sealed her chamber with a pace of mechanically perfect evenness.

Her current clothing probably looks a little like this, for those interested. (http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6wz60f8GF1qfa8yro2_1280.jpg)

Ilriyas
2014-04-23, 02:05 PM
Roderick had spent most of the trip while confined in his room field-stripping his weaponry and cleaning/polishing his uniform, taking extra care to see that everything was in proper working order even going as far as replacing the filter in his standard-issue gas mask.

After the better part of the two days the entire room seemed almost filled with a haze of Lho-stick smoke, the constant boredom having resulted in leaving Roderick with only one pack left in his field kit.

Deep in the middle of polishing his boots at the time the Dataslate arrived Roderick took great care to finish his preparations before making his way to the war room, taking a second to ensure his las-weaponry was on safe mode and clipping the unneeded gas mask onto his belt before exiting his room.

As he walks down the halls Roderick begins grumbling to himself.

"Next time I find out they're going to put me on a ship I'll have to make sure to bring some stencils or something, at least back home the constant drilling didn't leave time to consider being bored."

As soon as Roderick steps foot in the war room he steps off to the right and snaps to attention, making the sign of the Aquilla with his hands.

ArcturusV
2014-04-23, 10:10 PM
Everything was so familiar, and yet so strange. A pilgrim class vessel, she hardly needed a map, she had spent so many months on vessels of the exact same design that she could walk the corridors with her eyes close. On the way through the Calixis Sector towards Scintilla. She wondered briefly every time that destination came to mind if history was going to repeat itself. It tended to do that. At least more scholarly types than her told her. Frankly it wasn't a concern. They had an insane number of combat servitors, storm troopers, and probably scarier things than that on board. Go ahead Xenos, come get her. I'm sure that would go well for you once more.

Her room was spartan, as she was as well. Beyond the furnishings that were built into the room, there wasn't much there. A rack for sleeping built into the wall, a small place where she had left her devotional icon serving as a simple, crude shrine to the Holy Emperor, and the slightly worn bit of deck plating where she had been doing her daily devotionals to the Master of Mankind. Even for the Ecclesiarchy her robes were simple, plain black with gold trim and embroidery, marked with the sign of the Aquila and simple purity seals to the Saints and the Emperor stitched into the robes. Hardly the bejeweled, lush, luxurious robes that higher ranking priests might have had.

She was used to people knocking and leaving stuff in her room. She lacked a Chrono, or a Vox-Feed, or much of anything really that helped her mark the time. Usually someone had to fetch her for meals, or remind her of when Services were about to start. Even with years of Void Travel under her belt, there sheer lack of Sun and Wind, the external clocks that measured time still got to her. She'd seldom realize she had been up for days or missed several meals until she was nearly faint and exhausted. In this case she heard the door open, and turned to see a slate dumped out onto the deck just inside her room before it closed. She closed her eyes for a moment, didn't feel faint from hunger, or tired. Did she miss services? Didn't seem right. She frowned as she padded over towards the slate, reading the short and terse missive about reporting for duty.

A quick glance at the map, a shrug, and she stowed the slate for later. She was bounding out of her room, down the corridor at a cheerful pace, practically skipping down the hall. It felt good to be out of the cell for a bit, the combat servitors didn't bother her... after all, she was a legitimate passenger, or the stormie boys. She gave a few of them a smile and cheerful wave as she skipped down corridors, up ladders, and made her way to the War Room.

Rising Chaos
2014-04-23, 10:28 PM
The moment Roderick steps through the door of the War Room and looks up from his salute he realizes what he's just walked into...

The war room is a large, octangular room, easily capable of fitting over a dozen people with plenty of room to spare. In the center of the room is a large, dark wooden table. Edged with gold and stamped with high gothic script praising the God-Emperor and his divine mastery of the galaxy. From each wall hangs a large, intricate tapestry outlining the credo of the Inquisition, the many victories and successful purges of an inquisitor (you can't tell who from here). The ceiling is dominated by a huge Inquisitional 'I' from which two powerful light fixtures hang.

On the far end of the room are two people, the first, standing by the other figure, is an Inquisitorial Guardsman. Though draped in the same black carapace as his fellows his armour is much more elegant than his fellows. Gold inlay twist and arc across his chest armour, forming the I of the Inquisition through a thicket of golden vines. His helmet lays on the table and his face is pitted and scarred, the mark of a man who has been through decades of war. His hair is slicked back and steel grey, one of his eyes is dark green, and the other glows the dull red of an high quality augmentic. He looks up with a start as Roderick enters, a look of slight surprise on his face.

The second figure is seated, he has light brown hair tied back in a ponytail and yellow eyes. His face is pointed and strikingly gritty, reminding you of a gunslinger from a Hive-desperado action vid, complete with chin stubble. You realize he's talking with a small holo-projection of another person. Though their back is turned you can vaguely make out a tall, flat hat reminiscent of a witch hunter.
"I understand Lil, but there are definite traces of Xenos compounds in it and Delphin and I both agree that-"
The ponytail'd man looks up suddenly as he notices Rodericks presence. Glancing back at the holo he murmurs something and shuts off the device. He then raises a hand and beckons you take a seat.
"My apologies, I seem to have lost track of time. I am Interrogator Silvanus Heston, please take a seat. Raldon, tell the others outside to join us"

The guardsman beside him nods and walks to the doors, beckoning those outside to enter the war room and take a seat.

Ilriyas
2014-04-23, 11:36 PM
"The apology is mine Interrogator," Rickard's sentence is broken momentarily by a coughing fit. "In my eagerness it seems that I may have accidentally arrived ahead of schedule. I hope that my abrupt entry has caused no issues, I was surprised, quite honestly to see that the door was not guarded."

Roderick approaches the nearest chair, lightly setting down his equipment and loosening his great coat before sitting.

"The, ah coughing fit a second ago. I promise it will not harm my performance. Acid burns from a number of years ago, one of our own gas weapons back-washed onto my unit when it was deployed against the greenskins and in my youth and inexperience I failed to properly don my mask." Roderick taps the gas mask on his belt, another coughing fit beginning due as much to his nervousness as the burns.

"I find myself hesitant to ask this, but I'd like to ask permission to light one of my Lho-sticks, funnily enough I find the smoke helps ease the fits."

If allowed Roderick will very carefully light one of the Lho-sticks from his pack, allowing it to dangle lightly from his lips as he awaits the others.

OOPWER
2014-04-23, 11:37 PM
Father's old, wonderfully blue hat clutched to his head in one hand and sword belt in the other, Lyle ran to the War room as fast as he could, muttering something about having been caught in the 'buff' when the summons came. Hurriedly belting his weapons and jamming the hat on his head, he prayed he looked at least deadly, if not presentable, as he got waved in the guard at the door.

KasmKat
2014-04-24, 01:06 AM
Snapping out of his daze as his alarm rings for the third time Sebastion looks up at the clock finally, “Oh ****, I’m late, this is not going to look good…” Hurriedly attempting to straighten his mussed clothes He simply throws his heavy Flak coat over the top, strapping his pistol on as he runs out the door.

With a bit of a rush and only a couple of annoyed crewmen he manages to arrive just as someone is waved into the room, simply attaching himself to them and being waved in as well. “I apologise for my lateness, I was distracted by other matters…”

The Architect
2014-04-24, 05:12 AM
Galatea Chorda

As Galatea entered the chamber she silently approached, stopped dead for a moment and bowed to the individuals originally within the room. She turns ninety degrees on a dime, takes two steps to a chair, withdraws it from the table in a single motion and seats herself, leaning forward due to the weapons on her back. She sets down her courier bag and rests her hands interlaced on the table. Every few seconds her gaze moved between those others in the room. It was an effort, in her own way, to appear casual and disinterested, but her gaze came off as an unsettling wide eyed stare and as her look snapped immediately form one to another she seemed less casual and more like a jittering servitor.

In what she believed was a subtle way, to her own possibly neurologically damaged mind, she checked one of the pieces of paper under sleeve before palming it tightly.

She spoke, but when she did it was in a tone that was eerily even throughout, and which would have been monotonic if not for the queer cheery note to it "Hello. Good morning officers of the Inquisition. Interrogator, it is nice to meet you. I look forward to learning the details of our mission from you today. I hope you are having a nice morning."

Galatea was aware that morning was a transient concept on a starship but she had not yet acquired nouns she could supplement in their place and the words were largely scripted besides. As she sat in silence she maintained an over broad smile on her face that might look as if she had been injected from some sort of muscle tightening chemical.

She was, clearly, not the social creature she had been, formerly; not that she was aware, of course.

LeSwordfish
2014-04-24, 08:50 AM
Zhou offered a small, precise nod, to each person present in the room as she entered, and took a seat, hands clasped neatly in her lap.

"Greetings." Her voice was quiet and measured, and oddly accent-less, as if she had learned the speech by rote. "Omnissiah's blessings upon this meeting."

ArcturusV
2014-04-24, 02:13 PM
Odessa walked in, flashing a warm smile at Ralden, then another and a small wave towards the Interrogator. She seemed oddly cheerful, and unarmed as she hadn't brought her blade to a meeting with the boss. She only knew that people were muttering about both Early and Late, but frankly she had no idea what time frame she had fallen in as she made her way towards one of the empty chairs.

She seemed at ease, moving with a little bounce in her step before settling into her seat. She seemed fairly at ease, body relaxed, posture open and interested in what was going on around her. She more blatantly studied her fellows, openly appraising them with a little smile on her face, nodding a bit as she committed details to memory or perhaps in approval. Once she had them all in mind she turned rapt towards the Interrogator, wondering just what was about to happen, hands folded on the table in front of her, leaning forward slightly.

Rising Chaos
2014-04-24, 07:04 PM
Silvanus nods and waves aside the question. "It is no matter Acolyte, you merely hastened the end of an argument. So in a ways your interruption was very timely. Feel free to smoke, as long as you aren't taking narcotics that inhibit your performance I could care less"

As the rest of the group enters the Interrogator nods to each of you. Returning the greeting of Zhou and Galatea (though he pauses at the odd nature of the psykers greeting). He accepts Sebastions apology and smiles a bit as Odessa brings her perky nature into the room. Once the team is assembled he gestures to Ralden, who swings the doors shut and triple locks them.

Silvanus presses a button on his side of the table and you all notice the air and sound take on a muffled quality, as if a stummer has been activated. With the press of another button the lights dim a bit and the holo-projector built into the center of the table flickers to standby mode. Clearing his throat Silvanus begins the briefing.

"Greetings Acolytes, thank you for joining me. I assume by now you have realized where we are, but our purpose is still hidden to you. We have arrived at Scintilla to begin identifying and destroying a drug Cartel that has come into the possession of an... interesting new narcotic"
He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small tube filled with suspension gel. Floating in the center is a small, oval object that has the texture of rock or granite, dull blue-green lines criss-cross the surface of the object, and the Interrogator places it in front of him. As he does the holo-projector flickers to life and displays a macro image of the rock.
"This substance has been dubbed Initrum by the Inquisition and the Adeptus Biologis. Use of the drug has become wide-spread over the last year and a half thanks to it's curious effects. Apparently small doses of Initrum allow the user to believe they are capable of... well, anything. Any desire or wish that they had, and fantasy or dream. At first the substance was relativly harmless, which is why it went unnoticed. From our reports users would enter a catatonic state for multiple hours, and though it was highly addictive it was something the Arbites should have handled...

However in the last few months hundreds of users have begun to show violent or psychotic behaviors. Raving lunatics murdering through the underhives, and even the occasional noble screaming through his estate attracted the eye of the Inquisition. In the last three weeks this has escalated further and now we have just under a dozen reports of bands or mobs of users all out of their minds on Initrum, running through the streets and wreaking havoc across the city.

Normally this would fall under the jurisdiction of the Ordo Hereticus, however recently members of the Adeptus Biologis have identified no more than three main components of this drug as being Xenos in nature. They cannot confirm the genus or use that the materials have, and that is what we are here to investigate. We must gain an understanding to the nature of this narcotic, it's genetic properties and why Xenos materials were used in it's creation. Once we have that we will systematically purge the elements of the Cartel who distribute Initrum, as well as their supplies."

Extracting a control wand from his jacket Silvanus presses a button and the image switches from Initrum to a large, multi-levelled district of Scintilla, from the look of the projection it is near the middle to under-hive levels.
"Your mission will take you to the northern quadrant of Scintilla, hab-level 1137 VII. Our agents recently ambushed a group of cartel members who were running a distribution operation. Though careful interrogation we were able to pinpoint the group's Initrum processing plant to somewhere in this quadrant.

Your primary objective is to locate the processing plant, identify the ringleader of the operations there and take him in for interrogation. Your secondary objectives are to locate a sample of Initrum and destroy the processing facility. If you do destroy the facility make it look like an accident of a gang turfwar or something similar to that. We don't want the cartels to know about our involvement for as long as possible. Any questions?"

LeSwordfish
2014-04-26, 09:19 AM
Zhou inspected the substance closely. "I have one question. What magnitude of opposition are we to expect? Is this a large operation?"

The Architect
2014-04-26, 11:16 AM
Galatea Chorda

She looked over the map, leaning over the table, placing her hands down upon the metal of the machine "given your knowledge of the situation on the ground what is the likelihood we could abduct a street dealer for information? Their level of armament or rarity? I presume such large scale distribution in a hive requires street level human narcotics peddler. It seems our best bet is locating the point of distribution by retracing the distribution chain itself. What scale of manufacturing is required to produce the chemical compounds of the drug at this scale? Is it likely to be a re-purposed manufacturing plant, or could the product be produced in a smaller more subtle locale, such as a warestore, or a private domicile?"

She glanced around the room at the other acolytes, less mechanically now "are we going in on this with shadow protocols, keeping under all radars and not allowed to admit our affiliation to the Inquisition? If so, will we have a cover or fake I.D.s of any sort?"

She points to the general area of the holo map "given its nature as a chemical processing plant, could we presume we could instigate a large scale fire, using the chemicals already on hand as accelerant?"

Ilriyas
2014-04-26, 11:49 AM
Roderick looks over the image projection, noting the location general location of the processing plant as being a part of the under-hive.

"Might be difficult getting information from the locals, if Scintilla is anything like Death Mire the under-hivers stick together even for gangers, we'll have to be very careful if we go asking around always the chance something will get back to the processing plant."

Roderick takes a long, slow drag from his Lho-stick, considering the necessary scale for such an operation.

"Any idea on how many gangers we're looking at involved in this? Were we to tackle the processing plant that could be a lot of guns pointed back at us."

The Architect
2014-04-26, 12:04 PM
Galatea Chorda

Galatea gives an over wide smile to Roderick that likely comes off as unhinged but was in fact a rather desperate attempt to appear genial that failed horribly, unbeknownst to her "I did not suggest we ask the man politely, or allow him to go free otherwise. A dead drug dealer showing up in a gutter with his pockets rifled, his product stolen and wounds from a weapon available to such gangers will be much less suspicious than a half dozen off worlders, two who's accents aren't even of this sector, asking around about illegal chemystry. If our intention is to make the destruction of this place seem like that of a rival gang it might even support the ruse, and be more believable than a freak accident besides. Diversion of suspicion is always more effective than the absence of a suspect, it means the target does not go looking for someone to blame.

I had presumed, given we are a dirty half dozen of novice acolytes, that the intention was to use force only when necessary, with stealth and guile besides; not to take on the gang in anything approaching an intentional head on confrontation. Though I assume I misread your intentions, Guardsman Roderick."

LeSwordfish
2014-04-26, 12:14 PM
"The intention, necessity, and actuality of armed combat are seldom connected." Zhou commented flatly.

Ilriyas
2014-04-26, 12:15 PM
"Provided we can get access to some low-quality autoguns and get the rest of you some hive-wear, I've still got my leave clothes I could find us a dealer I imagine. I've served on Armageddon with a few other regiments and Hive-lingo doesn't seem to change that much depending on where you're from. As for the dealer you suggest we abduct him?"

The Architect
2014-04-26, 12:25 PM
Galatea Chorda

Galatea rotates to Zhou and her curt reply, losing her false grin without noticing "I agree that the interrelated elements of combat are not exclusively codependent. I was just making clear that we should instigate combat only where it is a necessity, where it is forced upon us by the situation, or an actuality, where it is forced upon us by others, but not in regards intention, where it is forced upon us only by ourselves."

Galatea got a strange feeling she would like Zhou, not that Zhou would like her, Galatea hadn't had much luck with any non-psykers in that regard. She couldn't tell if Zhou was so curt because she was well learned, the get to the point mind set of a sword forged on the anvil of teachings Gulliman and Drusus, or simply blunt and simple, like a hammer; or at least, she couldn't tell yet.

She turned back to Roderick to reply to him in turn "In my experience hive-dialect can vary quite tremendously, but given the dissemination of Low Gothic in this sector I doubt it will be an issue. And yes Guardsmen Roderick, I suggest we abduct him."

ArcturusV
2014-04-26, 12:31 PM
Odessa had been listening very intently to the briefing, and the back and forth that was going on. At a few points she looked ready to say something, hand raised up just a few inches, mouth open, but stopping as the others spoke up in their rapid fire questioning. Eventually she just settled back, a smile on her face as she listened to them go back and forth, hashing out a plan, looking almost amused. The Emperor provides, and in this case seemed to have provided obsessively compulsive, at least by her standards, teammates who were really sinking their teeth into it.

As the question of where to abduct the dealer came out, she finally found a place to speak up, "The Emperor provides with the time and the will as needed," she assured Roderick, "But in any case... my talents in particular aren't exactly focused on, well..." she looked Roderick up and down with a smile, not a condescending smile, but appreciating his preparedness and the detail he put into his kit and uniform (( I'm presuming he at least has his sidearm or something on? )). Feth, Odessa didn't even bring her blade to the meeting, much less armor or gear, not that anyone had ever really seen her in 'gear', not even during short training sessions where she still wore her Robes, "If shooting starts, and violence ensues I'll leave it to the professionals," she settled on with a wide smile, "But I have other skills that might help in finding people, or perhaps dealing with them if we rather not shoot them on sight. Leave it to me and I'm sure I can find some hive scum appropriate to your needs, you can just focus on what you do best." She laughed lightly, and gave Roderick a little wink as she settled back in her chair.

"So we're luring out some ganger to kidnap, shooting him in the knees or whatever you do until he talks, then we go blow up a factory and kidnap another ganger... seems simple enough." She sounded confident at least.

Rising Chaos
2014-04-26, 12:36 PM
Silvanus turned to Zhou and Galatea "The magnitude of the processing plants are unknown at the moment. According to our prisoner there are dozens of processing and distribution plants active across the hive. If so the operation is much larger than we initially suspected, and once you have captured the plant operator we will begin learning how they were able to spread so quickly.

There is a decent likelihood you could 'acquire' a street dealer, that is the same tactic our agents used to locate a distribution plant. Any dealers should not be more heavily armed than an average hive-ganger. Light non-flak armour and basic stub/las weapons.

The operation is being enacted under full shadow protocols. You will all be given alibi's and ID to confirm your reasons for being on Scintilla, the nature of which you can discuss with our head savant. You will be given a... certain amount of leeway when creating your covers."

He turned to Roderick to address the guardsmans question.
"Full enemy disposition is unknown at the moment. When our team infiltrated the distribution plant we encountered just over a dozen gangers, which included those packaging and 'cutting' up their product. We believe that the processing plant will have more numbers guarding their wares, so I advise caution and careful surveillance before you strike.

He nods his head and Ralden pulls out a dataslate from his jacket pocket and places it on the table.
"This is a copy of the leads we currently have on this operation. There are two factors that might aid you in your investigation. The first has to do with identifying which gang element or elements are currently taking part in Initrum manufacturing. Our team was able to make contact with a man known as "Blitz", it was through his information that we were able to identify and obtain the location of street dealers and the distribution plant. If you can use him to identify which gang elements on Scintilla are hostile and creating Initrum it may aid you greatly

The second is in regards to the Scintillian 238th Infantry Brigade, the Imperial Guard regiment recently went through a rotation of dismissals and veteran retirement, bringing a huge influx of former guardsmen to the planet. Since the guards return four weeks ago the number of Initrum incidents has increased over 56%. We believe there is a definite coincidence between these events"

LeSwordfish
2014-04-26, 12:38 PM
"I agree- prepare for your battles, but do not seek them out." The latter part sounded like it had been learned by rote. "I imagine that surveys or blueprints of the locality will show several possible locations."

OOC
Psst, Koutetsu is female :smalltongue:

KasmKat
2014-04-26, 09:30 PM
Considering the information and opinions of the Interrogator and his apparent companions, Sebastion looks around the table, “My lord Interrogator, do you believe there is any indication of the use of this drug in the Imperial Guard regiment that might explain the sudden increase in Incidents relating to this drug?”

Looking once more at his companions, he continues, “I believe we could indeed manage to capture the Dealers, however if there is a connection to the Imperial Guard we may encounter far stiffer resistance than expected, especially as we are not officially here. On the other hand, I am a hive noble, from a notorious family, I know the ways of the corrupt and could easily pose as a user, or perhaps even an interested investor to lure out the dealers, or perhaps even get a look inside the distribution plant or, with enough time and money thrown around, perhaps even the manufacturing centre…” Looking down and frowning slightly as he says this, mumbling softly afterwards, "Who knew, my cursed family might actually be of some use after all..."

Ilriyas
2014-04-26, 11:21 PM
Roderick's otherwise relaxed demeanour turns into a sneer at the Adept's implications that Imperial Guardsmen could be involved in drug distribution or enforcement, his dislike of the comment quickly becoming outright contempt at the Adept's mention of being a Hive Noble.

"The Guard isn't involved in any capacity other than ex-Guardsmen are trying to take a step out of reality and forget. What the average soldier goes through I don't blame them," The lho-stick having fallen to the table unnoticed Roderick is overcome for a few seconds by a violent coughing fit, eventually stifled entirely as Roderick greedily inhales yet another lho-stick. Somewhat more calm Roderick waves a gloved finger at the Adept. "I'd forget trying to talk to a bunch of under-hivers. Like I said they stick together as much as I would were we back on Armageddon, day to day not a single one of them has the time or the patience for a top-spire you want to get anywhere with them leave the title on the ship."

KasmKat
2014-04-27, 01:11 AM
“Now you listen to me,” Sebastion says glaring at the guardsman, “I don’t know who you are, and you don’t know who I am, However I know enough to realise that every unit of the imperial guard has some secrets buried somewhere, and occasionally they go right to the top.” Looking down at the table and sighing, he continues, "Your loyalty to the Imperial guard is obvious, and I’m sure you personally never had anything to do with this sort of thing, however no matter how much people deny it, it does happen, Many a time we thought we had a lead and we ran into the military…”

Looking back up and smiling, a slightly disturbed and deranged smile, the eyes slightly to wide, the jaw just to slack, for a moment before his face returns to its normal impassive stare, “Also I believe you are strongly mistaken about the dealers and manufacturers, Admittedly most common under-hivers have no time for top-spire residents, however I would hardly call anyone organising a massive drug operation normal, and everyone needs money. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if we found this investigation leading into the very top of the spires before we are done…”

OOPWER
2014-04-27, 01:16 AM
Stepping between the two debaters, Lyle asked, "There is some information on the prey, yes? This man called Blitz? What is he like, what does he do?"

The Architect
2014-04-27, 09:33 AM
Galatea Chorda

"Um..." Galatea tries to pipe up when she notices the actual arguing beginning "The Xeno components you mentioned? Do we happen to know their origin? I mean do you know it's xeno due simply to it being an unusual compound or does it in fact include Xeno organic matter? If so, could we cross reference the Xenos with the worlds that these guard have fought on of late?"

Glancing to Lyle "I'd also like more information on Blitz, aside from that I feel ready to head out."

Rising Chaos
2014-04-27, 12:12 PM
Silvanus shakes his head slightly at Sebastions question. "There is no current indication that the 238th are activly using Initrum. We have dispatched an agent to look into the matter, but given the duration of Initrum's high it seems unlikely that a Guard unit would be actively using the narcotic and not arouse suspicion. Your noble upbringing could certainly be an asset to the mission, as it is likely the cartels would be activity pursuing higher ranking contacts to increase their profits."

He turns to Galatea and Lyle to address their questions.
"Everything you need to know about Blitz is contained on the dataslate. You may take it with you while you're onboard the Triumph but it is not to leave the ship. It would be dangerous and compromising if anyone outside the Ordo's managed to get their hands on it. In a nutshell Blitz ganger running with a group called the Scintilla Blades, they're a small time gang but Blitz acts as the groups information broker and "tactician" of sorts. As far as we know he has no connection to the Initrum cartels, as the Scintilla Blades are engaged in running gun battles with the known Initrum cartels: The Chains of Malice and the Tarsus Rippers"

He turns to Zhou with a nod
"Blueprints of the city district are available. When you meet with head savant Achillus he will provide copies of the districts as well as your ID's. If you have no other questions I would advise seeking him out now and heading to the shuttle once you are armed and prepared"

LeSwordfish
2014-04-27, 12:14 PM
Zhou considered for a moment, and shook her head slightly. "No further queries."

ArcturusV
2014-04-27, 03:58 PM
Just one last thing was nagging at the back of Odessa's mind, causing a slight thoughtful frown to appear as the Interrogator seemed ready to give them a brush off. "Are we going to get an operating fund? I mean..." she shrugged, "The Emperor provides. I've never had much trouble getting along, there's always a member of the faith willing to help a pilgrim in need if you keep your eyes open. But I presume the others might not be able to rely on it. And life on a hive could be expensive. Well... unless our cover is to be dregs living on the streets I suppose." She seemed not too concerned as she asked, shrugging a little. At the very least she didn't have a coin to her name, she didn't know how the others were set up.

Rising Chaos
2014-04-28, 10:18 PM
Silvanus nods, and writes something down quickly at his console. "If you require a base of operations we have the means to acquire some rooms for you. At the moment we have no inconspicuous holdings on Scintilla that are near your operations area, though there are a few inns or hostels you could use. I'll alert Savant Achillus to make preparations on your arrival.

In terms of operational funds we do not have an ostentatious amount of wealth to dole out at the moment. When the Inquisitor arrives from his current mission we will have better resources. However at the moment I can provide you each with an additional hundred and ten credits. Hopefully either pooling this together or spending thrones wisely will be enough"

He presses another button and a few moments later a non-combat servitor rolls into the room. In it's hand is a thin brass plate containing six small pouches of thrones.

Ilriyas
2014-04-28, 10:43 PM
Roderick stands, somewhat abruptly at the same time scooping up his discarded gear double checking his las weapons before nodding at Silvanus.

"I think all the angles have been covered Interrogator, with your permission I would request dismissal so we can get this operation underway."

The Architect
2014-04-30, 11:34 AM
Galatea Chorda

Galatea nods to Roderick and moves over to pluck her own bag of thrones and place it within her courier bag "As with Roderick, I await your leave, so that we might begin the operation."

LeSwordfish
2014-04-30, 12:16 PM
Zhou took one of the pouches of currency and stowed it inside her robes.

OOC
I can't think of any way to say "yup, lets go", but i'm ready to move on.

OOPWER
2014-04-30, 03:10 PM
Firmly tying the pouch to his belt, Lyle nodded his acknowledgement.

"Ready to go, Lord Interrogator."

ArcturusV
2014-04-30, 09:33 PM
Odessa took up her offered pouch, and emptied most of it out into her hand. Outside of just 16 thrones that she kept for herself, pocketing them, she put the rest in the pouch and flung it over towards Sebastion with an underhanded throw, a nice lazy, easy to catch arc. "If you're planning on playing up your nobility, you'll need it," was all that Odessa said, seemingly content to think that she could get along with just the 16.

Rising Chaos
2014-04-30, 11:32 PM
Silvanus nodded, smiling at the acolyte's professionalism. "Then you are dismissed, hunt well and may the God-Emperor bless your path".

The path to the head savants room, should you proceed there, is a short one. The servitor that entered with your thrones leads you about three hallways down to a large, domed room. The interior of the room is filled with a myriad of different cognators, shelves and lectern tables. A trio of hunched, visored servitors, each with the =I= branded into their foreheads shuffle about bringing books or cross-referencing information as you enter.

In the center of the room is a raised dias upon which sits a large, powerful and obviously customized cognator. Sitting behind it is a tall, lean man who looks to be in his mid-fifties. He has black, pleated hair and piercing yellow eyes, he seems to resemble a hawk in both posture and expression. He nods curtly to the acoltyes who enter.
"Ah, you must be the Acolytes called for the Initrum matter? Enter please, I am head savant Achillus Mortrion. You will be needing new idents as well as assets and information, am I correct? Step forward and state your questions"

KasmKat
2014-05-01, 02:00 AM
Taking the Purse of money quietly, Having figured out he is obviously not well liked by at least one member of the group he now appears to be in, Sebastion leaves the room, heading towards the head Savant’s room, looking around as he enters he is unsurprised to see that it is very similar to every other such room he’s had the pleasure of stepping into.

Looking up as the previously un-noticed man behind the cogitator speaks he listens carefully to his words before talking. “I believe in fact that we will be needing new identities, assets and information, in this you are correct. I wish to know the details of our new identities, not just mine but everyones, it will be far easier for us to work as a team,” Glancing towards Roderick pointedly before continuing, “if we were all familiar with each other’s assumed identities and persona’s as well as our own.” After this he looks around to see if any of his companions seem to disagree with this logic.

LeSwordfish
2014-05-01, 03:15 AM
Zhou looked around the room with polite interest. "No questions, my lord."

The Architect
2014-05-01, 05:52 AM
Galatea Chorda

Galatea nods respectfully, as her cheat sheet informs her she should when meeting her superiors "I will take on any identity my Lord deems fit to give me. No questions, my Lord." Not that it mattered much, she hardly had an identity as it was, she thought to herself.

OOPWER
2014-05-01, 09:39 PM
Lyle shrugs, "A new identity is like... camouflage for hunting among the city, yes? We must all know each other's scent so that we do not become prey for the others."

"Who am I to be?"

Rising Chaos
2014-05-01, 10:35 PM
Achillus gives a quick tilt of his head as Lyle asks his question "If you have specifics, whoever you'd like. The resources of the Inquisition are vast and normally I can shape an identity to almost anything you see fit. However you are all currently grey-class authorization, which means there are certain assets unavailable to you at the moment. Most of them should be not be a hindrance. There are certain persona's such as Inquisitor or Trade House Master that you would not be able to use. You are also not allowed to carry any badge or insignia belonging to the office of the Inquisition at this time."
His words flow out rapidly and effortlessly, as if he's said this same speech a hundred times before.

"Those of you who wish something tuned to your liking inform me now. Otherwise I will construct idents based on your bio and what we believe will give you the best persona's to work with"

He looks over to Sebastion, and his hands fly across his cognator as he speaks.
"Adept Martellus. My recommendation is for a lower spire noble from the Hive World of Bront, home of the Brontian Longknives Imperial Guard, if you were being groomed for a captain of lieutenant position in the Longknives it would easily explain your combat experience. Easiest way to lure drug dealers or ne'er do wells is to state that you are on Scintilla for a sabbatical before you are drafted into the guard. Do you have any additional suggestions?"

He then looks over to Zhou.
"Hmm... tricky. Warrior tech-priests are unusual, especially dressed as you are. I would suggest new arrival from one of the floating forges above Perinetus. Not well known by any save perhaps Battlefleet Calixis personnel. It would also allow you to pass off your armour and weapons as being the norm on your station. Mechanicus is tricky to pin down ident details for, in all likelihood you may simply require a fake name and for you to scramble your mechanicus codes slightly. Not many outside the Mechanicus bother to question their identities"

Achillus then looks to Galatea and pauses for a moment, he looks like he's trying to find a fault in the woman's face... but after a few moments he shakes his head. Instead of typing on his cognator he slides open a small metal drawer built into his machine and extracts a dusty ident and dataslate.
"I believe the best ident for you is assistant savant, perhaps paired to Adept Martellus. It would explain any.... odd reactions or statements you may make on mission. Working alongside a purported noble will allow you access to many places and will draw less attention than Martellus will. I will make adjustments to state that you were trained in the formal Perinetus University and have accompanied the young noble to study certain medicinal items common to Scintilla, as well as to visit the librarium's of the hive. That should be more than enough to get you into the city without suspicion"

OOPWER
2014-05-02, 01:23 AM
The word "noble" perked the assassin's attention again: "These nobles often hire free-blades for their petty games; duels and familial killings and the like. A duelist would make me a good person I think."

LeSwordfish
2014-05-02, 02:32 AM
Zhou nodded at the explanation of her identity. "That sounds sufficient."

ArcturusV
2014-05-02, 08:33 PM
Odessa had been following along, listening as everyone made their requests, offered their input to the identities. She merely shrugged when the elder adept looked at her, "I like to keep it simple," she told him with a bright smile, "I am a pilgrim, it's what I know, and with the grand cathedrals of the Sector Capital, it shouldn't be too unusual for one to be there. I wouldn't need much. Maybe a few Eikons, a staff and some badges to reflect my past history and travels." She smiled over at her other acolytes, "Besides, it's easier to remember your story when, you know... it IS your story. Just seems smart to use as much of my own history as possible, right?"

"Ooo, ooo!" she suddenly seemed excited as she got an idea, "Can I get a little Cherubim or servo-skull to follow me along too? All decked out in purity seals and Eikons as proper?" Hey, at the very least she seemed excited to be crafting her identity.

Ilriyas
2014-05-02, 10:56 PM
"No way anything other than Guardsman Credentials are going to excuse my Las Weaponry. Armageddon Unit on cross-training detachment to Hive Scintilla, currently serving a period of shore leave. It'll explain the accent, uniform, weaponry and with how big a Hive is likely no one will stop to wonder why they haven't seen other Guardsmen from my detachment."

Roderick thoughtfully bounces his pack before adding another thought.

"Unless, of course you have something more suiting, Sir."

The Architect
2014-05-03, 06:23 AM
Galatea Chorda

Galatea simply nods when the figure turns his attention to her "sufficient."

Rising Chaos
2014-05-05, 09:24 PM
Achillus nods slowly at Lyle's suggestion.
"A hireling would serve as an excellent reason to venture to Scintilla, it is mildly limiting in terms of resources and accessing information, but I believe it could do nicely"

He turns to Odessa, studying the cleric as if trying to discern if she's mocking him or just genuinely happy. "A pilgrim will be sufficient. As with the hireling it may but a bit more difficult to collect resources of gather intelligence with certain groups, but I believe it could work well. We can provide badges and papers certainly, and though I don't believe we have any combat or auspex servitors we could spare, there may perhaps be a laud hailer servo-skull I could procure that would aid your identity"

Finally he looks to Roderick
"Armageddon will do well, I will add your unit's arrival to Scintilla and cross-training plans to the Administratum's records. Tread carefully however, the Scintillan guard are a proud people and you will be hard-pressed to gain their trust as a foreign guard element"

He hunches his shoulders and exhales, looking at the group again.
"If all is sufficient I will have your ID's finished before you depart the ship, they will be waiting for you on your departure shuttle. Master Silvanus believed that a tavern or hotel would suit your needs, though I am not a fan of such means. I am looking into finding a spare hab or small warehouse. Something more discreet that will attract less attention. I will make sure that directions as well as the necessary accommodations are made and waiting in the shuttle for you.

If you require anything else let me know, otherwise I would suggest arming yourselves, gathering your gear and departing for the shuttle bay. Your vessal should be the Arvus Lighter Beacon of Hope"

The Architect
2014-05-07, 12:24 PM
Galatea Chorda

Wordlessly and with a nod, already carrying everything she owns, Galatea makes her way to the Beacon of Hope.

ArcturusV
2014-05-08, 02:12 PM
Her eyes lit up at the mention of getting the servo-skull, a wide smile on her face as she made a bow, the sign of the Aquila on her chest towards the adept. Figuring that they were dismissed, more or less, she bounded away, back towards her corridor. There was an obvious spring in her step, almost seeming to jog along rather than walking. No dread, no doubts for the future or fear that some ganger was going to shoot her in the face. Just a simple bit of joy over having the skull and doing her part for something that was important, or at least sounded important. She quickly looted her quarters, not having much to pack other than putting her blade on, a blade that had almost not seen use since the Inquisition had rescued her, after all, why would she need to stab people with all these stormie boys and combat-servitors patrolling the hallways?

So it was she was the second to the lighter bay, looking exactly like she had before, except for the addition of a belt and a sword on her left hip. She waved and smiled at Galatea as she approached the lighter, her skip dying down to a more appropriate and stately walk. "Exciting, isn't it?"

LeSwordfish
2014-05-08, 02:51 PM
"I must admit to a certain pleasurable anticipation." Zhou said mildly, joining the other women at the lander. "The knowledge that I serve the machine-god and his counterpart releases certain cranial chemicals. While crude and inefficient, they prove an adequate motivator."

The Architect
2014-05-08, 06:15 PM
Galatea Chorda

Galatea waved back with her still unsettling but at least well meant smile "exciting is a good word for it. I think it is excitement. I'd posited fear, apprehension and anxiety but they all seemed too negative," she pulled a feathered paged copy of 'The Apothecarian's Codifier of Mental States Volume IX' from her courier bag "the chapter on 'big life changes' suggests I should be decidedly unsettled by the situations we approach but I... can't say I am."

Ilriyas
2014-05-09, 12:50 AM
Walking up on the Beacon of Hope Roderick waves briefly at the individuals standing in front of the craft.

"You three have any further thoughts on this whole matter? Can't say I've figured anything myself but, it is a welcome break from the tedium of fighting Orks...can't say I enjoy being away from Armageddon though, boys back in the 411th were like family."

KasmKat
2014-05-12, 02:39 AM
Sebastion considers the role he will be playing carefully, eventually nodding and leaving after all the others, heading towards his quarters to collect the small amount of personal gear he brought with him, “I shall need more stuff,” He mutters to himself, “Who ever heard of a noble who had so little stuff he could carry it himself, or for that matter one who would carry it himself…”

Having collected all of his gear he heads towards the departure shuttle, arriving after all of the rest, already pulling the role he was to play about himself, taking on a far more noble and entitled attitude as he arrived. “You there, take this and stow it in the ship,” he calls out to Galatea, striding forward and pushing the bundle of his possessions into her hands, continuing on before she could respond, taking the best seat he could find in the shuttle, draping himself over it as if he owned the ship.

ArcturusV
2014-05-12, 05:32 AM
Odessa however practically skipped up the lander's ramp, settling as close to the engines as she could. After years aboard various vessels, landers to and from holy sites, it didn't terrify her. In fact she found the experience fairly exciting, always curious about what would be waiting at the destination, first to disembark if she could. Sitting near the back, she strapped in, made the sign of the Aquila and uttered a quick prayer for the protection of Void Travelers from the Golden Throne, an eager smile on her face as she couldn't wait to get planetside.

"My first time on Scintilla," she explained, to anyone who even looked moderately interested, "I wonder if we'll have time to see the sights. I hear they have a magnificent cathedral in one of the hives. Think we'll get a chance to see it? Or hear the choir? Maybe if we beat the heretics right quick?"

The Architect
2014-05-12, 07:50 AM
Galatea Chorda

Galatea stared from the nobleborn to the bag that had been left in her arms, standing there unblinkingly. She glanced between the bag and the ramp with a hint of panic. She could tell Sebastion had been acting rude and abrasive, but was it because he was a noble? Galatea had been a noble, of a sort, formerly but her cheat sheet wasn't detailed enough to tell her if she should be acting equally arrogant or if nobles simply carried things for each other. Now that she was a psyker sanctioned she knew some elements consider such high birth void, which she typically hadn't minded, but she didn't know now whether Sebastion considered her noble or not.

Finally she made a decision. Perhaps it was some kind of camaraderie by antagonism like when she had seen armsmen aboard the ship, or guardsmen on Terra, insult each other despite being close friends. Ah, she thought to herself thinking she had made some deep insight into the workings of the human mind, that must be it.

So, with a broad and friendly smile, quite a bit away from the base of the ramp, Galatea threw Sebastion bag back over one shoulder to clang and crash loudly on the deck behind her, likely breaking any smaller trinkets within, and strode confidently towards the shuttle and up the ramp empty handed.

With a broad and almost giggly grin Galatea sat directly across from sebastion and beamed at him, empty handed, though he had likely seen or heard what he had done. She sat across from him silently, her legs pressed together, feet planted on the shuttle floor and her back up straight, formal to a fault broken only by her entirely informal facial expression.

While deckhands likely poked at the crumpled bag of Sebastion's things that lay quite a bit away outside the shuttle Galatea continued to silently beam at Sebastion with wide eyes.

Galatea was happy.

Galatea was making friends.

Rising Chaos
2014-05-15, 02:10 PM
Beacon of Hope
The landing bay on the Voice of Triumph is not so much a bay as it is a retrofitted cargo hold. The area is cramped and barely fits the two Arvus Lighters stationed here. Even so a dozen or so ratings and deck workers scurry around the Beacon of Hope making last minute preparations and ensuring that the vessel is working properly. The Beacon has been altered to resemble a common transport shuttle rather than an Inquisitorial vessel. It's grey, drab exterior and dinged, battered surface add well to the effect.

As you come aboard the Arvus you notice a small table has been set up in the center of the Lighter. An old, fairly battered servo-skull hovers above the table and glides over to Odessa as the priest enters the cabin. Instead of a lower jaw the servo-skull has a small laud hailer bolted into place, and it dutifully bleats out the hymn of safe travel as the group enters the Arvus.

On the table is a small scrap of paper which reads 'Safehouse - Merchant district AX-17, the Grace of Scintilla, apartment number 270. Burn once memorized'. In addition there are a number of small ID badges, differing in size and shape depending on their purpose and clearance levels. It takes but a moment for each of you to single out your new identities for the mission, as each has your portrait. They are as follows.

- Sebastion: Mephius Serghar, 17th in line of the Noble House Serghar, lieutenant in training for the Brontian Longkives.
- Reason for visit: Sabbatical to Scintilla, desire to learn from the Scintillian Guard

- Zhou: KOU-ZXII, Enginseer of Forge Deus VXI, Perinetus Orbital.
- Reason for visit: Classified Mechanicus Dealings

- Galatea: Castia Gi'lad, Savant to Sir Mephius Serghar.
- Reason for visit: Aide to Sir Mephius. Interest in making purchases on House Serghar's behalf.

- Lyle: Siegmund Lazrus, Mercenary
- Reason for visit: Acting guard and second to Sir Mephius

- Odessa: Deatrix Orla, Imperial Pilgrim
- Reason for visit: Pilgrimage destination to view and revere the holy bastions of the Emperor
- Your ID also contains a number of votive papers, badges from several other planets in the Calixis sector and papers bearing proof of the various places you've been to in your pilgrimage.

- Roderick: Silon Rabalias, Armageddon Trooper Class 3
- Reason for visit: Cross-training with Scintillan guard to promote desert/hive warfare tactica.

As you strap in and review your new identities you feel a slight flutter in your stomach and the rumbling of the engines as the Arvus warms up and begins takeoff procedures. It takes you about half an hour to reach the shuttlebays in the northern quadrant of Hive Sibillus, level 1137. It takes an additional hour for you to make your way through the dreary, packed processing lines to pass your fake ID's to the administratum drones manning the customs booths.

However the passes work flawlessly, and you soon find yourself in the bustling market districts of Hive Sibillus. Dozens and dozens of shops and stalls line the walls, with merchants hocking every type of conceivable ware at exorbitant or too-good-too-be-true prices. Resturants, hotels and warehouses are all crammed into this area, and the throngs of people choke the streets and make it impossible to move with any breathing room. The air is rank with the smells of oil, grime and humanity and the streets, if you could actually see them through the people, look about the same.

Somewhere in this metropolis is the Initrum processing planet, hidden among the populace and the city around you. All that remains is for you to find it, capture the leader of the plant and then burn the building to the ground.

How do you proceed?

LeSwordfish
2014-05-15, 02:28 PM
Zhou had studied the plans on the journey, committing them as much to memory as she could manage on the route. Now she compared her mental map to the area around her, saving images of the location's key features and committing them to deep memory, connected close to the map. This caused her to stand stock-still, and somebody nearly walked into her back.

"We should find this safehouse." Zhou began. "A secure fallback position and point of reference is of priority." If nobody objected, she would head straight there.

The Architect
2014-05-18, 02:06 AM
Galatea Chorda

Galatea follows Zhou without statement, though she looks back to Sebastion wondering if he'd ever remember to pick his belongings off the deck before the shuttle had lifted off.

KasmKat
2014-05-18, 05:41 PM
Sebastion was a bit shocked when he heard Galatea toss his bag onto the ground, it was what he'd always seen his brothers do after all, he quickly grabs his bag, not looking at her, and checks the contents for anything broken before settling down for the flight down.
Slightly worried as he passes through all the checks with his new identifications, however it all seemed to go smoothly, a blessing. Looking towards Zhou as he speaks he nods and shoulders his bag, “I concur, we should find our accomodations as soon as we can, that will give us a viable fallback or regroup position.”

Rising Chaos
2014-05-22, 12:16 AM
The trek to the Grace of Scintilla doesn't take too long to find. Though most of the time is spent consulting your maps and trying to push through the throngs of civilians.

The Grace is a large, building located on the outskirts of Merchant District AX-17. It resembles a hab-block more than a proper hotel or tavern, with a labyrinthine assemblage of houses snaking from the ground in an almost random semblance in every direction. Once inside you flash your credentials to a waiting servitor who brings you up the building through a series of twisting lifts.

Room 270, Achillus's accommodation is located in the higher reaches of the Grace. It is a large, multi-room hab building that leans partly over the merchant district, allowing you to view the bustling crowds below. The room seems to contain six bedrooms, a kitchen, dining room and two sparse rooms extra rooms. The decor is... passable for a noble and the lap of luxury to a soldier or a pilgrim.

LeSwordfish
2014-05-22, 01:55 AM
Zhou claimed one of the smaller, sparser rooms, took her time to memorise the layout and location, and meditated while the others settled themselves. When that was complete, she stood, stretched- the flesh was weak, and her flesh in particular had a habit of feeling weaker after sitting still for too long- and stepped out into the shared room.

"I intend to search the market for contraband." She announced. "I suspect my aspect is too obvious to see anything clandestine as few will attempt to sell xenos technology to a representative of the omnissiah. As such, I would suggest that another search separately."

Ilriyas
2014-05-24, 06:41 PM
"Can always go rough up a few gangers, always act tough but they break easy enough. One of them is sure to know something about this."