PDA

View Full Version : Alien Invasion (recruiting closed, game starting shortly)

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-02-09, 03:29 AM
Welcome to the newest Werewolf ripoff and my brain child Alien Invasion. Y'all live in a cozy little town close to the middle of nowhere, and a group of aliens has decided to abduct members of the town to run their crazy experiments on up in the mothership. It's up to you to root them out before they abduct you all one by one duing the night, and replace you all with life like copies. As of right now, I'm the one and only narrator, so if someone(s) would like to help out PM me. Without further ado, here are the roles.

The lovely Castaras is my co-narrator as well.

Townsfolk: The simple people that the aliens have chosen to abduct. It is your job to decipher who among you are the imposters and destroy them.

Aliens: The slimy little green creatures that are selecting the unsuspecting to experiment on and make new discoveries.

Area 51 employees (Masons): The fabled area 51 has determined where the aliens will strike next by interrogating a stranded alien from their last venture to Earth. A group of these scientific minds have infilrated the town and assumed the roles of residents.

Crazy escaped abductee (Fool): This person was abducted by the aliens but has escaped. The disturbing tests the escapee has been put through, has altered his mental state. He now thinks that he can identify the aliens, but the drugs they have given him are interferring with his rationalization

Agent Fox Mulder (Seer): Agent Mulder works for the FBI's branch of the unexplainable. He was also able to find out where the aliens were to attack through his various contacts. Through his various adventures with Scully, he has become very adept at blending into new surroundings and identifying aliens.

Big Freakin' Alien (Devil): The mother alien. All the little ones come running to her every night a drop of her infinite knowledge.

Town radio DJ (Baner): The DJ has read somewhere that the aliens don't like Country music, so every night, he will find some he wants to keep from abduction by playing coutry music outside their house.

The Twist:

There is a random chance that an abductee can escape their captors and make it back down to Earth. When this happens, one of two things can happen from this. One, the townsperson who makes it down was has not been probed and had their implant put in yet. Due to the drugs used by the aliens, they remember nothing of what happened and return as normal people. Two, the implant was successfully placed into the abductee, and you are sent back home. But, now the aliens have control of your mind, and your new objective is to protect the aliens at all cost, even sacrificing yourself as necessary. (essentially you have become anti-masons). Any Area 51 members that get abducted and have implants put in them automatically fail due to the preventative measures they have taken knowing how the alien technology works.

Regarding Fox Mulder and the crazy abductee. Both start out as normal townspeople, and after being abducted some time during the game either remember who they are, or think they can identify the aliens.

Also, due the the nature of being able to escape from the aliens and how the seer/fool roles are assigned, you will not be told who is abducted each night. Likewise the aliens are not going to be told who escapes their clutches, and returns to the surface. The only escapees the aliens will know about are the ones they intentionally let go that have implants.

Normal endgame for werewolf are endings for Alien Invasion.

Participants (23)
Alarra
Atreyu the Masked Llama
Captain Van Der Decken
Deckmaster
DLD
EK
Flying elephant
Frigs
Helgraf
Inky
Ink
Jontom Xire
Krursk
Kyrian
Lucky
Rumda
Selrahc
Shadow
Supagoof
Vespe Ratavo
Xaspian
Xylric
Zar Peter

Krursk
2007-02-09, 04:00 AM
Ooh, first sign up

I'm in

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-09, 04:56 AM
Me! I want in!

((I wonder if I get the same special role more than once if I keep signing up? Hopefully I won't screw over someone important like I did in IV (you know who you are... SORRY!)...

...I have my own ideas for werewolf ripoffs, but there's a fair few at the moment, and I can't understand timezones, so I'll wait.))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-09, 07:31 AM
That IS an interesting twist. I like it. So, if you become implanted do you win if the aliens win or if the townsfolk win?

Captain van der Decken
2007-02-09, 08:03 AM
More werewolf?

Still, wonderful twist. I'm in.

Ink
2007-02-09, 08:20 AM
Do the returned abductees who are working for the aliens know the identity of the aliens? If Fox Mulder returns and is working for the aliens does he retain his seer abilities?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-09, 10:37 AM
Since it wasn't specifically stated. I'm in.

What's an alien invasion without cattle to abduct?

Lucky
2007-02-09, 11:03 AM
In .

Castaras
2007-02-09, 11:05 AM
:elan: Ooo! Ooo! Pick me!

Deckmaster
2007-02-09, 02:45 PM
All hail our glorious alien overlords!

I mean...uh...die alien scum!

Yeah, I'm in.

Alarra
2007-02-09, 04:48 PM
Another werewolf ripoff? Of course I'm in!

2007-02-11, 01:40 AM
just giving the thread a bump, we could use some more guinea pigs. Did I say that, I mean participants. I've also updated the 1st post and put the list of everyone interested so far. I see some of you have some questions too. Since it's getting late, and it's past time that I promised the Kill Dr. Lucky group the rules, I'll get you your answers on the morrow.

Jontom Xire
2007-02-11, 03:50 AM
I have a question. What happens to people who get abducted? Do they disappear permanently because the description says they get replaced by life-like copies?

If they do get replaced by alien controlled copies then the masons need to be able to make a kill each night to counter-act the aliens - if the aliens get to control a person each night, and each day one person is lynched, then the aliens ranks increase at the same rate as they deplete even if the townsfolk get a perfect hit rate of alien or abductee. Given that one or two townsfolk always end up getting lynched at some point, the aliens would rapidly win with ease.

Umm, I have some mods to make:

To solve the problem with dropouts, how about if you do the following:

1) Don't define seer or fool at the beginning of the game.
2) Any player abducted has a 1 in 4 chance of the implants not working properly, until the role of fool and seer have been filled at which time all implants work correctly. There is a one in 2 chance that the lucky person retains memories, unless one role has already been filled. The fool doesn't remember but thinks he does, and the seer does remember.
3) For dropouts, the surgical procedures used by the aliens don't work and the victim's corpse is found the next morning.

Zar Peter
2007-02-11, 07:53 AM
Ok, to get warm with the werewolf game principle I sign up, too (maybe as guniea pig, I´m no Alien, no sir, for sure!)

Castaras
2007-02-11, 07:55 AM
Can cats be aliens in this I wonder?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-11, 05:32 PM
I personally think that cats already seemlike aliens.

2007-02-12, 01:53 AM
That IS an interesting twist. I like it. So, if you become implanted do you win if the aliens win or if the townsfolk win?

Well, I hadn't actually thought about that. I'll brainstorm on that nd get back to you.

Do the returned abductees who are working for the aliens know the identity of the aliens? If Fox Mulder returns and is working for the aliens does he retain his seer abilities?

Yet again, it's something I need to think about and get back to y'all about.

I have a question. What happens to people who get abducted? Do they disappear permanently because the description says they get replaced by life-like copies?

If they do get replaced by alien controlled copies then the masons need to be able to make a kill each night to counter-act the aliens - if the aliens get to control a person each night, and each day one person is lynched, then the aliens ranks increase at the same rate as they deplete even if the townsfolk get a perfect hit rate of alien or abductee. Given that one or two townsfolk always end up getting lynched at some point, the aliens would rapidly win with ease.

Umm, I have some mods to make:

To solve the problem with dropouts, how about if you do the following:

1) Don't define seer or fool at the beginning of the game.
2) Any player abducted has a 1 in 4 chance of the implants not working properly, until the role of fool and seer have been filled at which time all implants work correctly. There is a one in 2 chance that the lucky person retains memories, unless one role has already been filled. The fool doesn't remember but thinks he does, and the seer does remember.
3) For dropouts, the surgical procedures used by the aliens don't work and the victim's corpse is found the next morning.

To answer your first question, the people who get abducted just dissappear. The whole replaced by copies thing was just some flavor text. (although that might be something to try out in future versions, but I don't think I want to try that the first time around.) As to your other suggestions. Not defining the seer/fool at the beginning is a thought I had from the get go. I thought I might not do that this time because I think I still need to work some of the mechanics of how it will work out. I will take your other suggestions into advisement and will probably retool some things.

I appreciate all the questions and suggestions you guys have thought of. I definitely think that nobody remembers to think of everything the first time around, and welcome any more ideas of how things can make the game better. Also, if y'all like the ideas that others have mentioned let me know. Thanks for everyone's interest so far, but I think we definitely need some more players at this point, so I'm going to keep recruiting open, and everyone tell your friends to hop on board. TTFN.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-12, 10:17 AM
Let us know if you need help with anything. I want to get this game off the ground. Hehe

2007-02-17, 09:24 PM
I apologize for disappearing this week. Things have been crazy this week, and that's not including the emergency trip to the vet after my dog ate my chocolate covered espresso beans on Wednesday night. I do still want to get this up and running. As of right now, I really need more particiants to get this thing off the ground. A co-narrator might be nice too. once we get some more people to play we can iron out the specifics.

Castaras
2007-02-18, 08:58 AM
Well if no-one else steps up to be co-narrator, I'll have a go.

Eldritch Knight
2007-02-18, 11:29 AM
I'm in, my faithful co-narrator, I'm in.

V Junior
2007-02-18, 01:45 PM
I'm in. I suppose I am bored if I'm doing this.

2007-02-21, 09:36 PM
yay, we have 10 people. Well I'm still looking for more people to play. I'd ideally like to get 20-25 to test the game out. So if I could get some more people to volunteer to be my test subjects for the game, I would be very grateful.

Shadow
2007-02-21, 10:29 PM
Alright. I'm really busy right now and I'm not sure if I have the kind of time that it'll take to weed through all the lies and half-truths of two different WW style games, but I'm having such a good time with the other that you can count me in.

A suggestion. Characters that get abducted....
At the beginning of the day, don't tell us who got abducted.
Make us figure it out on our own. That way when someone is being threatened with auto-abduction we'll never truly be sure that they haven't been abducted and quickly escaped. Even more intrigue.
*note* This would rely on the honor system that any and all PM's to the abducted player be ignored until they are returned, if ever.

Also with the number of players that could potentially "change sides" and become part of the Alien group, I think it only makes sense to lower the number of initial Aliens by one or two. Either that, or give the Area 51 employees some way of testing the returned abductees. This would be all the more confusing if we weren't sure that some people simply almost got auto-abducted.
Better yet! Give that ability to Agent Fox Mulder. He must choose to either remove an implant or "Call the Smoking Man" about an Alien. In this instance it becomes even more important to reduce the number of Aliens by one or two because some nights won't be spent "scrying".
*note* this idea will not work if the abductees that returned with working implants have any knowledge of who the Aliens are.

[EDIT] If any Area 51 Employee is abducted and escapes, the Implant automatically fails. Far too much information would be gained by the Aliens with a single lucky Implant roll on an Employee. It would unbalance the game immediately.

Xylric
2007-02-21, 11:22 PM
I'm in, if still possible.

Ink
2007-02-22, 12:11 AM
Alright, I'll play too. I hope I'll be able to understand all the rules completely.

2007-02-23, 01:59 PM
only looking for 7 more people to play, let's fill those spots.

Zar Peter
2007-02-23, 04:26 PM
You have forgotten me!

2007-02-23, 10:40 PM
my apologies Zar, I'll add you right now...which means the magic number is 6.

Castaras
2007-02-27, 01:57 PM
* Nudge *

C'mon people, this should be loads of fun! And Chaos!

Supagoof
2007-02-27, 02:19 PM
Oh sure, what the hey. I'll get probed....

edit: wait that came out wrong.....

Kyrian
2007-02-27, 06:16 PM
Count me in!

Flying Elephant
2007-02-27, 06:22 PM
Can I join?

inky13112
2007-02-27, 06:43 PM
... creepy. I agree with Shadow. I'm also in.

Rumda
2007-02-27, 07:26 PM
yeah i'll try this

Copacetic
2007-02-27, 07:28 PM
Me Me pick me!!! I hope i'm not to late...

inky13112
2007-02-27, 07:31 PM
Not by a long shot, were in need of about 3 more players just to have the minimum to even start this game. At least thats how it is last I checked.

Helgraf
2007-02-28, 04:17 AM
Put me in coach, I'm ready to play.

Xaspian
2007-03-01, 09:34 AM
I've not taken part in anything like this before, but they look interesting. So, I'll give it a go.

*dons tin-foil hat*

Selrahc
2007-03-01, 01:07 PM
Back in time hopefully....

In.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-01, 10:20 PM
Aliens? Mulder? A possiblity of monkeys? No wait...that's something else...anyway, I hereby proclaim myself to enter! (Still room, right?)

2007-03-01, 11:53 PM
alrighty, I've got enough people, I"ll be sending out roles shortly. I'm also going to tweak the rules a little bit, after the comments I've recieved.

2007-03-06, 01:56 AM
ok, sorry to double post, but I just came to the realization that I don't have a co-narrator for the game and would like one. So if any of you that were planning on playing would like to narrate with me instead, let me know.

Zar Peter
2007-03-06, 02:11 AM
Read Posting Nr. 20 and ask Castaras!

Castaras
2007-03-06, 01:31 PM
Well if no-one else steps up to be co-narrator, I'll have a go.

Offer's still open. :smallsmile:

Castaras
2007-03-12, 05:39 PM
( Tumbleweed )

2007-03-12, 07:22 PM
ok guys, the roles have been assigned and will be distributed shortly, so get ready for the PM. I apologize for not getting things to you last week, but I'm busy getting all my loose ends here in town dealt with to get ready for my move out to Maryland. Anywho, I've got 2 rules changes I want to go over (which will be edited in the 1st post. The first is that any area 51 members (masons) who get abducted, and sent back with an implant, the implant won't work. Secondly, the seer/fool roles will not be assigned at the beginning. Those persons will be told who they are during the course of the game. Oh, one more thing. Due to having the aforementioned roles assigned later, we won't be posting who's taken each night. Otherwise picking out who the seer/fool would be would become was too easy.

Shadow
2007-03-13, 02:52 AM
Yippie!
My Mason rule idea stuck!

Game On!

Supagoof
2007-03-13, 12:08 PM
Supagoof walks into the thread. He opens a folding chair and sets it down, then lies back, enjoying the serenity that is pre-game.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-13, 12:24 PM
Two things:

1) If someone doesn't escape does that mean they're permanently disappeared? If no-one disappears then we (and the aliens) know they've escaped.

2) Can we have the membership list in alphabetical order please? It makes it easier to look people up in the list, and also I cut and paste the list into my excel spreadsheets to track the game/do analysis, so it will save me a lot of time.

2007-03-14, 01:06 AM
Two things:

1) If someone doesn't escape does that mean they're permanently disappeared? If no-one disappears then we (and the aliens) know they've escaped.

2) Can we have the membership list in alphabetical order please? It makes it easier to look people up in the list, and also I cut and paste the list into my excel spreadsheets to track the game/do analysis, so it will save me a lot of time.

1) Yes, is someone doesn't escape from the ship after abduction, then it's the same as getting killed in a regular werewolf game. As for the alien part, they will not know who escapes from the ship.

2), I've taken care of that, and the first post has been updated.

Ok, since everyone now has their roles, and it's late, I'll have the game beginning post up tomorrow some time.

Supagoof
2007-03-14, 11:26 AM
1) Yes, is someone doesn't escape from the ship after abduction, then it's the same as getting killed in a regular werewolf game. As for the alien part, they will not know who escapes from the ship.

((Hmmm, if the aliens don't know, that's advantage people. But then how will that person get back into play. I mean it'll be pretty obvious when they show up the next day and say "Hey, let's lynch _____"

Unless, okay I get it. The aliens won't know who will be able to escape or not. Escapes are at random. So they'll find out if someone escapes, but they won't know before hand if someone escapes. Right?))

2007-03-14, 11:29 AM
((Hmmm, if the aliens don't know, that's advantage people. But then how will that person get back into play. I mean it'll be pretty obvious when they show up the next day and say "Hey, let's lynch _____"

Unless, okay I get it. The aliens won't know who will be able to escape or not. Escapes are at random. So they'll find out if someone escapes, but they won't know before hand if someone escapes. Right?))

Actually, the escapees aren't going to be told who the aliens are, so they won't know anymore than the other villagers.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-14, 11:33 AM
I think the point Supagoof is making is that the aliens will know who the escapees are.

Night 3, the aliens abduct Supagoof.
Day 3, Supagoof is wandering around making accusations and stuff. At this point the aliens are going to know he escaped. They may not know if he has an implant or not.

Supagoof then has a problem if his implant was successful. He is now on the aliens side, but the aliens don't know if his implant is active or not, and he doesn't know who they are to get orders or let them know he's on their side. The aliens will probably re-abduct him again just to make sure he's not going to be a threat.

=== EDIT to please Kyrian ===

There is a random chance that an abductee can escape their captors and make it back down to Earth. When this happens, one of two things can happen from this. One, the townsperson who makes it down was has not been probed and had their implant put in yet. Due to the drugs used by the aliens, they remember nothing of what happened and return as normal people. Two, the implant was successfully placed into the abductee, and you are sent back home. But, now the aliens have control of your mind, and your new objective is to protect the aliens at all cost, even sacrificing yourself as necessary. (essentially you have become anti-masons). Any Area 51 members that get abducted and have implants put in them automatically fail due to the preventative measures they have taken knowing how the alien technology works.

Also, due the the nature of being able to escape from the aliens and how the seer/fool roles are assigned, you will not be told who is abducted each night. Likewise the aliens are not going to be told who escapes their clutches, and returns to the surface. The only escapees the aliens will know about are the ones they intentionally let go that have implants.
Ok, so as far as I can tell, if you are lucky enough to get returned, you are either an escapee or an implantee. The rules state that the aliens don't know who the escapees are, but seeing as they abducted them one night and then they're wandering around the next day in a dazed and forgetful manner it'll be pretty bleeding obvious. Presumably the escapee knows he was abducted. Do the other villagers? If so the escapee is dogmeat because he is definitely a villager because he got abducted so the aliens will just finish him off for good.

The implantees don't know who the aliens are, but the aliens know who they are. So the aliens get in touch with them. Of course if the escapee is an area 51 member, they can play along, get a full roster of aliens, and blow the gaff and expose them all. This requires some caution on the part of the aliens, adding to the fun.

Shadow
2007-03-14, 11:44 AM
Actually I forsaw this problem earlier and suggested a solution already...

A suggestion. Characters that get abducted....
At the beginning of the day, don't tell us who got abducted.
Make us figure it out on our own. That way when someone is being threatened with auto-abduction we'll never truly be sure that they haven't been abducted and quickly escaped. Even more intrigue.This would make us constantly question anyone who might be treatened with auto abduction as a possible implantee.

Kyrian
2007-03-14, 11:46 AM
Jontom...you've been on the boards for over a year, could you please stop the double, and sometimes even triple, posting?

Jontom Xire
2007-03-14, 11:52 AM
Normally in these games I don't edit posts because people can misquote you as "evidence" of your guilt, and then when you say "I didn't say that" they just claim you edited your post. People go look, and sure enough there's an "edited" comment against it.

Not my idea - I just happened to be in a game when someone pointed this out.

I'm sorry if it irritates you. I post as a flow of consciousness and I also post from work so sometimes I've finished what I was saying, go do some work, and then think of something else to say, and sometimes I submit because I have to do some work and don't want to lose what I've written, or end up getting simu-posted so the context is totally lost, and then when i come to finish what I was saying, no-one has actually posted since.

2007-03-15, 12:46 AM
Ok guys, I"ll try to clear things up once again (and I apologize ahead of time because I'm going to double post, the next one being the start of the game. I didn't want to mash that in with this post). Those who are adbucted every night. will not be announced, you will have to deduct who that is on your own. As for the escapees/implantees. The escapees upon their escape are told only that, that they have managed to escape the aliens and make it back down to earth, nothing more. A successful implantee will then be told who the aliens are, because it is their job to protect the aliens from getting lynched. In regards to Area 51 personell, the basic gist is that the implant malfunctions on implantation, and since the info of who the aliens are is on the implant, they don't recieve that information. (On the ship, the aliens don't have a disguise, so those aboard don't know who is who on earth. Only Fox Mulder knows that when he returns.)

Example: Jimbo gets abducted on night 2, Susie gets abducted on night 3, and Billy gets abducted on night 4. A few nights later, both Jimbo and Billy escape. Jimbo didn't yet recieve an implant, and is told that he has escaped and can return to town, nothing more. Meanwhile, Billy does recieve and implant, is told who the aliens are, and is then told to protect them at all costs, sacrificing yourself if necessary. (upon lynching, implants are found). Susie, is an Area 51 employess. She may or may not get an implant before escape. If she does recieve one, it won't work, and the scenario is the same as Jimbo's. You also have to remember that not everyone will escape. Multiple escapes are also possible if reabducted, but the chance of that is smaller than the first time.

Supagoof
2007-03-15, 01:08 AM
Sorry to bother...so abductions could last a few days. IE we think someone may be dead then they return to life/home again?

2007-03-15, 01:32 AM
yep, that's correct Supagoof.

Edit: thanks largely to some serious issues with my laptop, and the fact that I have everything from the game on there I want, I hope to have the beginning post up today sometime.

Helgraf
2007-03-15, 11:31 AM
:: hums the Close Encounters of the Third Kind theme ::

2007-03-15, 08:19 PM
(ok, I cooked this up pretty quick since it's late, but here we go)

We interrupt your regularly scheduled program to bring you a special news bulletin. There a round disclike shape that crashed into the barn at the old Johnson farm outside of town this evening. It is believed to be an craft from outer space. Just then the picture goes dead. A few seconds later, a really creepy looking figure with bug-like eyes and greenish skin appears on all the tv screens in town.

People of this town. You have been chosen to be test subjects in our attempts to further our knowledge in technology. You should be honored that we chose a species as inferior as you for this honor. Whether you like it or not, we are coming for you Mwhaa haa haaaaaaaaa!!!!!

We now return to your regularly scheduled program. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Night begins and will end Friday at 9PM EST

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-15, 10:37 PM
*The llama in the llama farm runs over to the fence and stares at the barn next door. He lets out a loud bleat of alarm to the neighboring animals and hopefully his feeder in the human stable, too.*

Helgraf
2007-03-16, 12:15 AM
Old Man Helgraf shakes his fist and brandishes his shooting iron, blowing a third hole in the tele-o-vision. His aim is bad enough that the bullet digs a furrow in the hardwood frame.

"Cussed alien scum!"

Zar Peter
2007-03-16, 04:39 AM
Zar Peter sits in front of the TV and laughs. The advertisment's get weirder and weirder these days. he says to his wife. I'm curious wich product we have to test.

Shadow
2007-03-16, 04:44 AM
Shadow sits on his porch with a shotgun in hand.
"Jus let dem doggone aye-lee-ins tryin probe me! My cousin Darryl got hisself aaab-ducted by sum aye-lee-ins *spits tobacco on the porch* backin '95. Ain't been right since, I tellee."

Rumda
2007-03-16, 05:02 AM
So they've come well we're going to have to deal with them in the morning

Xaspian
2007-03-16, 06:22 AM
Ohh noohh!
*finds tin-foil hat and shotgun*

Ink
2007-03-16, 09:00 AM
"Aaaahh!!! Creatures from outer space! Run for your lives!!"

Ink dashes from his house and runs around in circles until he finally collapses in the middle of the cornfield.

Flying Elephant
2007-03-16, 11:14 AM
"That's great. I'm going back to sleep. The aliens can wait until the morning."

Selrahc
2007-03-16, 12:17 PM
It is the morning. not knowing the time of day seems a distinctly... alien... thing.

Xaspian
2007-03-16, 12:23 PM
Umm... It's still the night. Not knowing the time of day seems a distinctly... alien... thing.

;P

Selrahc
2007-03-16, 12:24 PM
Pah. Hasn't the game started then?

Castaras
2007-03-16, 12:25 PM
Night begins and will end Friday at 9PM EST

(( :smallwink: ))

Shadow
2007-03-16, 12:34 PM
Also, due the the nature of being able to escape from the aliens and how the seer/fool roles are assigned, you will not be told who is abducted each night.
Because of this, I would ask that anyone who gets abducted please not post anymore. Not even out of character.
As we'll have to guess/deduce/figure out who's missing during the course of the game, any activity at all by those who have been abducted will surely confuse things.

I could be wrong, but I'm assuming that we're starting with night in order to give Fox Mulder the chance to possibly get abducted and come into his powers.

Flying Elephant
2007-03-16, 02:31 PM
((EST is GMT-4, right (the forum time +2)?))

Supagoof
2007-03-16, 02:39 PM
((EST is forum time, I think))

Seeing that the game has started at night, Supagoof packs up his folding chair and heads home to watch T.V. Watching the alien broadcast, he turns off the TV shortly afterwards, and heads to the den to listen to the old radio program - "War of the Worlds" by Orvill Wright.

Shadow
2007-03-18, 01:20 PM
A tumbleweed blows by and knocks Shadow's tin foil hat off.

He picks it up and puts it back on, adjusting it to the left a little bit so that i doesn't mess his hair up.

Castaras
2007-03-18, 01:23 PM
(( Seems Purple cube hasn't been on. Extending night 'til Monday 5:00pm GMT. Send in night time pms to me please ))

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-18, 07:56 PM
Vespe drives in from Arizona. Ah, that vacation was just what I needed. He notices some NPCS in commotion. Aliens? Heheheh....silly humans. There are no such things as.... He stops and pulls out The Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy. Oh....ah well. Vespe presses a button on his car, and two machine guns pop out of the hood. He hops inside. Stupid aliens, try and get me.... He presses a button on his radio, which promptly starts playing Highway Star.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-19, 03:00 AM
Because of this, I would ask that anyone who gets abducted please not post anymore. Not even out of character.
As we'll have to guess/deduce/figure out who's missing during the course of the game, any activity at all by those who have been abducted will surely confuse things.

I could be wrong, but I'm assuming that we're starting with night in order to give Fox Mulder the chance to possibly get abducted and come into his powers.

I think we should have a role call each morning. Not perfect as some people might simply not post.

Supagoof
2007-03-19, 09:17 AM
I think we should have a role call each morning. Not perfect as some people might simply not post.

((Different timezones would make this hard as well......))

Supagoof turns off his radio. He looks outside to see the aurora borealis shining brightly in the atmosphere.

Strange....that occurance usually doesn't reach this far south....

Zar Peter
2007-03-20, 02:38 AM
Zar Peter sleeps in front of the TV and snores.

((Hello, is this game alive?))

Ink
2007-03-20, 06:24 AM
"Ohh... I get it. It was all just an elaborate hoax. Someone tried to pull one over us. Haha! I knew it! There's no such thing as aliens after all!"

Ink returns to his house and eats cake.

Alarra
2007-03-20, 08:06 AM
Alarra knocks on Ink's door. "Hey...I heard rumors of cake over here..."

Ink
2007-03-20, 10:09 AM
"Come on in, Alarra, there's plenty of cake here. How about some tea? Can you believe those folks, trying to con people into thinking aliens were invading? Hah! As if anyone would fall for that! Those costumes didn't even look real! Why, they'd have to be the ugliest creatures in the known universe!"

Supagoof
2007-03-20, 10:48 AM
((Don't eat the cake. It's got a mind control serum in it! I know cause he's controlling my mind.

And while you think about that. - I think our narrators may have indeed been kidnapped by aliens....))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-20, 10:55 AM
*The llama bleats louder, distressed that no one has come to investigate and more panicked that it hasn't become light yet. Has that thing eaten the sun?*

*The nearby sheep bleat in anger at the noisy llama.*

Castaras
2007-03-20, 10:58 AM
(( Due to the narrators being kidnapped by aliens, the game will be put on hold for the moment, until PGCoD escapes from their clutches. ))

Alarra
2007-03-20, 11:03 AM
"Hey thanks! I do love cake!....Long night we have going on here. And yeah....those costumes, totally fake. And sure, I'll have some tea too."

2007-03-20, 06:48 PM
(( Hey guys, I sincerely apologize for the delay in material. I just made the move from Minneapolis to Hagerstown MD this weekend. On top of that, my compter decided that it didn't like me Thursday night before the trip. So, I am going to have to send it back to HP for servicing. I'm still going to tinker with it until the box arrives for me to ship the laptop back. But if I can't get it to work, I'm being forced to use the local library. I really don't have time tonight to write anything, but will check every few days, and will hopefully have time to sit down and continue this weekend. Again, I apologize for the issues, but please hold tight, and I thank everyone for their patience. I"m still here, I swear. Castaras, if you want, I'm completely cool with someone replacing me until my computer issues are done. I"m sure Cobra_Ikari would be willing to fill in. If not, I should be on every few days until my computer gets back from the shop. ))

Supagoof
2007-03-20, 08:42 PM
((Why'd you move from Minneapolis. It's nice here. We got cold weather that changes to hot weather daily, lots of ice skating rinks/lakes in the more defined months, and of course, a large cherry on a spoon. What's Maryland got? (*consistency in nice weather*) Oh yeah....

Honestly, we should have met up sometime. Silly me living in my color and what not. :smalltongue: ))

Alarra
2007-03-20, 11:25 PM
(Minneapolis is so way better than Maryland....Not that I've lived in Maryland, but Virginia's close, right? Minneapolis however, I'd so move back there.)

inky13112
2007-03-21, 12:15 AM
A squirrel comes in and takes pity on the llama. It hits the release lever on the gate to the llama's pen, letting it free. BE FREE FELLOW MAMMAL, FREEE!! RUN TO THE FOUR WINDS AND EAT TO YOUR HEARTS CONTENT, MAY ALIENS NEVER PROBE YOUR FURRY PELT!

Vespe Ratavo
2007-03-21, 02:56 PM
Vespe drives up to the squirrel. Hello little squirrely, would you like to ride around in a heavily armed car? We could go alien shooting!

Helgraf
2007-04-05, 01:25 AM
Meh chronometer is busted again. Someone fix it so time can start flowin...

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-04-05, 07:47 AM
(Castaras, any word from the cube?)

Castaras
2007-04-05, 07:48 AM
(( None, sadly. Unless anyone objects, I'm going to restart this game, with a new sign up, since there has been too much down time, and I don't want another WWCIII autolynch syndrome. ))

inky13112
2007-04-05, 05:55 PM
Hmm, well I'd like to get it running, but that seems unfair to the people who got special roles. I don't suppose someone could track down the Cube in real life and take the game roster could they?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-04-05, 06:56 PM
I assumed Castaras knew the roles

she may be able to restart it but those who had roles, get to keep them.

Flying Elephant
2007-04-05, 07:49 PM
I assumed Castaras knew the roles

she may be able to restart it but those who had roles, get to keep them.

Hmm... What if somone new wanted to join (not me- I'm already in.)?

Captain van der Decken
2007-04-06, 02:35 AM
Then we'll know they don't have a role.

That's kinda unfair.

Castaras
2007-04-06, 03:00 AM
The plan is:

I'm going to start up a new thread for recruitment for the next slot Alien Invasion was going to go in. Recruitment will last for a while, and then all roles will be randomly given out.

Sorry if this annoys anyone, and my sincerest apologies to those who had a proper role before.

I'll probably start recruitment a few days before the cowboy werewolf that I can't remember the name of starts.

Once again, sorry for any inconvenience.

Alarra
2007-04-06, 03:23 AM
Meh....I didn't really want to be an alien anyway....:smallwink:

inky13112
2007-04-06, 09:08 AM
Dang it, I really really wanted to be an alien. :smallannoyed: They seemed particularly fun in this game, as opposed to wolves and the like in others.

Oh well.

Supagoof
2007-04-06, 09:50 AM
And I was soo looking forward to being probed...(REALLY? - no, not really.)

I think re-starting is a great idea Castaras, perhaps - knowing that WW7 wanted a delay to their start, and rebellion is still in it's mid-game - we should move the start date up on the list to 4/22, and delay the start of the next incantation of rebellion/ww a week each. I'll send Cobra, Gnome Barbarian, and Alarra a PM about it.

edit: Looks like it's no problem. I'll edit the start date page. Castaras plan on re-starting this game on 4/22.

Castaras
2007-04-06, 01:21 PM
Right. I'll start the registration period a week before then.

2007-04-09, 01:29 PM
hey guys. Just letting y'all know that I am still alive here in Hagerstown (FYI, I moved here from Minneapolis because I was offered a job). Anywho, CompUSA is taking a rediculously long time fixing my computer, but I should think I will likely have it back in the next week or so. shoot, gotta run, I have about 2 min left on my time here at the library. If anyone wants to contact me, please send me a message at [email protected], as I will likely be at the library tomorrow to check it (stupid library with their time limit on computer).

EDIT: IT'S ALIVE!!! Ok, I have my computer back, and am going to be around again.