PDA

View Full Version : Axis and Allies

Namaris
2007-02-09, 07:39 AM
Which of the Axis and Allies Board Games is your favorite?

And are there similar games you could suggest?

sincerely,
Namaris

Logic
2007-02-09, 07:57 AM
World, or in case that is nota available, Classic.
The specific areas or battles are not as much fun for me.

Cybren
2007-02-09, 09:52 PM
I am undefeated (of course 4-0 isn't that good of a record) at the Revised edition. I want to try out the LHTR

Harkone
2007-02-18, 05:53 PM
How is that newest Axis and Allies game (Battle of the Bulge)? I hear it uses d12's, which is kinda cool already. Speaking of which, anyone have any fun/new alternate rules/optional rules they want to share for any version of the game (I'm always on the hunt for ways to make A&A feel new and exciting...)?

Logic
2007-02-18, 07:44 PM
I can't remember all of them, but here are 2 optional rules I employ (The rest are written down in my box) and have a basis in historical fact.
US: Transports may be placed as they are purchased.
RUSSIA: Tanks, Artillery and Infantry cost 1 less to build.

Lucky
2007-02-18, 11:15 PM
I like the World/Classic meself, nothing like good ol' world conquest.

Tharj TreeSmiter
2007-02-18, 11:23 PM
Axis & allies are good starter wargames. If you want more detail, realism, or stratagy. I would suggest looking here

www.boardgamegeek.com

under the wargames section (although the eurogames are good too)

Saithis Bladewing
2007-02-18, 11:36 PM
I'll stick with classic A&A. I'm nearly undefeated as Japan. ;D

(My only loss stands where russia somehow got some annoyingly good rolling and overran my chinese holdings in a swarm of men, followed up by the US suddenly sweeping in from the east while I was trying to retake it. *Sniff.*)

Galathir
2007-02-22, 01:40 PM
Having only played the D-Day version I have to vote for that, but some of the others look fun. Perhaps I'll get a chance some day.

melchizedek
2007-02-22, 10:22 PM
I'm going to go with Europe. I liked everything they added to the game. I would have liked the expanded world, but I'll take what I can get. I absolutely despised the research and development aspects of the original game. I didn't use them when I did play it.

Mr._Wilson
2007-02-22, 11:37 PM
I prefer being the Russians in Classic/World. I tell my allies they have 3 turns to turn the tide, then proceed to completely ignore Japan after the first battle and throw my forces at Germany while buying nothing but infantry (anything else is a waste that could be used to buy more infantry, though I may concede the new artillery unit could have its uses, I need to play more for final conclusions on the matter.)

Doing this, I have never lost as Russia. I just put way to much pressure on Germany, and Japan can't fight the US one on one.