PDA

View Full Version : Castle Whiterock - D&D 3.5 - IC

Brenthion
2014-04-23, 12:03 PM
It has been a day's worth of traveling since you and your newly found companions set out for the ruins of Castle Whiterock. You have all met at the Inn of the Slumbering Drake on the Day of Fates, as luck would have it a day that adventuring parties commonly swear oaths on companionship to one another.

Leaving the town of Cillamar behind, you carefully pick your way through the rough foothills. After a full day's journey, you finally crest the lip of an ancient eroded volcano. Its basin is filled completely with water, and its west wall has collapsed, linking it to a large freshwater lake.

A scant path meanders its way down to the water's edge where your goal lies. Situated against the caldera wall are the ruins of a once majestic castle. Its walls are composed of soft pure white rock, a stark contrast to the drab grey of the caldera's walls.

You are forced to go through an opening hewn into the caldera wall to gain entrance and come to a door.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/aphex2587/Scene1.png

Amanil
2014-04-23, 01:34 PM
"Well, this is all rather exciting, wouldn't you say?" Illialle asked no one in particular. "I wonder where they obtained this white stone from, I haven't seen anything like it in the area. Perhaps they imported it?"

Shrugging her bow from her shoulder, Illialle gave the string a few practice pulls. "I suppose caution is the way to proceed; who knows what we might find in there?"

ExRealis
2014-04-23, 01:54 PM
"As exciting as any door to the unknown," Rodan happily concurs. "But doors are often guarded, and mystery awaits us like a lurking beast. Best we hear it before it hears us!" He then slips between Tharental and Toll to press one of his enormous ears against the wood in hopes of detecting something. If nothing is to be heard, he'll return to his position and be ready to march, sword in hand.

Making a Listen check.
[roll0]

Brenthion
2014-04-23, 02:02 PM
Upon closer inspection of the door, Rodan discovers that there is a door panel allowing for conversation, though it appears unopenable from this side. Pressing his ear to the door and listening intently, he can detect the faint sound of snoring. The door also appears to be locked, and is made of sturdy wood.

ExRealis
2014-04-23, 02:20 PM
Looking back at the group, Rordan brings up an hand as high as he can raise it to get the group's attention. In a soft voice, he says, "This place is not so forgotten. There's someone, maybe several someones, snoozing in there and there might be others that aren't so lazy about keeping guard. Reminds me of the time we caught some kobolds napping and put smokesticks... Well, anyway, we could have someone who's as quick and quiet as shadow take care of the door and maybe scout ahead. Snert, might you be the halfling for the job? Or we could knock and try to trick them into letting us in if they open this panel here."

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-04-23, 03:45 PM
Snert

Snert grins at Rordan. "Sure thing. Let me just have a look what's going on here." Snert listens at the door to hear the snoozing and then starts inspecting the door and the panel. "Right, hmmm...," he mumbles, "can never be too sure, eh? Let's see if this is trapped and if I can open it." He produces some small metal tools and starts working. "Let's try to be silent, eh?"

Will take 10 on any checks where the DM will allow me to.

Search for traps: [roll0]
Open lock check: [roll1]

of course, he tries to be silent: [roll2]

Brenthion
2014-04-23, 06:10 PM
Snert carefully examines the door for traps, though he is unable to find any. Procuring his thieves' tools, he attempts to pick the lock, though unsuccessfully.

The light snoring continues, however, and his attempt goes unnnoticed.

StormBorn
2014-04-23, 06:42 PM
Tharental

Mmm, this old fort remindsme of home, impresive structure, most be dwarven made!- he thinks to himself, while walking the old volcano towards the tunnels.

well mate, try to crack it open.. we'll be ready for anything... if your tools do not work, we can always chop it down. meanwhile, I draw my weapon.

Then he takes a look at the rear... just precautions. &
Spot: [roll0]

Silver Night
2014-04-23, 10:12 PM
Toll grunts at the news of possible enemies and draws his axe.

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-04-24, 01:34 AM
Snert

"Well, it seems like the lock's internal mechanism is damaged, so I can't manipulate it to open." He shrugs at his comrades. "I did not find any traps, that's the good news. We'll have to either knock or bash the door down."

Silver Night
2014-04-24, 11:30 AM
Toll

"So, you wanna knock? Or you want me to knock?"

Brenthion
2014-04-24, 04:13 PM
You hear a click and the door panel suddenly slides open. You can mostly only see his face, but the man on the other side of the door appears to be dressed in the garb and robes of a monk. He examines the party briefly before speaking.

"Adventurers, eh?" he asks rheutorically. "Pray tell, how may I be of service to you?"

Next time, whisper :smalltongue:

Silver Night
2014-04-24, 06:38 PM
Toll

"Just tryin' ta get into the castle."

StormBorn
2014-04-24, 06:57 PM
thats a good question laddie... me self comes from [insert name of distant desert] seeking enlightenment on a self imposed journey with no return to me clan, until I find it.
But the real question is, why are you here?... rummor hasit that, only bad thing lurk in here.. monsters, bandtits and even a Dragon!.
You seem like a good fellow.... the name is Tharental, follower of the all father. And you are?

ExRealis
2014-04-24, 07:53 PM
A little surprised to see a friendly, or at least not violent, face behind the panel, Rordan watches a moment then walks up to introduce himself and make himself useful the one way he knows how. He steps back a bit so that he is visible through the aperture and the fine words pour out of his mouth with practiced ease as he attempts to do a little lock-picking of his own. "My dwarfish friend is right to be expecting trouble, as we did not know this place was inhabited by a kind and," noticing the monk's robes the man is wearing, "humble soul such as yourself. Surely a devout guardian of this redoubtable keep must take the necessary precautions, but know that we are a trained band of explorers, as you had guessed, and seek only to defeat whatever evil lurks in the cavernous depths await us beneath these ancient stones and earn a bit of treasure in the bargain. And you, good sir, are in a position to allow us to do just that. If you would let us in and perhaps tell us what you can of the dungeon, you will have made a loyal and grateful friend."

I'm making a diplomacy check to try to get this stranger to have a friendly disposition towards us.

[roll0]

Brenthion
2014-04-24, 08:40 PM
"Carlanis is my name," the monk replies to Tharental. "I am but a humble monk of the Order of the Dawning Sun here in search of relics from our ancient ancestors who once resided here," he says as he unlocks the door. "You are welcome to come inside." He opens the door, stepping aside and bidding you to enter with a wave of his hand.

Beyond is a bare stone chamber, perhaps 40 feet wide and 20 feet long. Two similarly garbed monks are in the room, each bowing at the sight of the party. The north wall has a ladder leaning against it, leading to a gaping hole in the ceiling and a pair of sturdy wooden doors reside in the southwest corner. The ceiling is 10 feet high, but riddled with murder holes - allowing faint sunlight to penetrate the otherwise barren room.

"It is said that our order maintained a monastery here on the ruins long ago. If it pleases you, come this way and I will show you what artifacts we have discovered thus far," he says, beckoning towards the doors in the southwest corner of the room.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/aphex2587/Scene2.png

(Have sent you a private message regarding this post Stormborn)

Silver Night
2014-04-24, 11:32 PM
Toll

Toll enters and squints around a bit suspiciously.

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-04-25, 01:37 AM
Snert

"Thank you." Snert enters the room and looks around. Then, something occurs to him: "So...you have already cleared this place of its treasures?"

Brenthion
2014-04-25, 02:12 AM
"Well," the monk explains embarassingly, "we have only scratched the surface of the relics of our ancient order. There is rumored to be a secret undiscovered library the monastery maintained by our order eons past containing information that is no doubt invaluable. To say we have discovered everything would be an overstatement," the monk replies to Snert.

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-04-25, 03:02 AM
Snert

"Oh...right, I see." The halfling nods gravely and has a hard time hide the fact that he is quite relieved to hear so.

StormBorn
2014-04-25, 07:17 AM
Tharental

Cerlanis... you know, I can't recall any order of monks by that name, perhaps a little more background could help us?... tharental stays put in front of the door, taking a couple of seconds to look at the monk.

Tharental then looks at his fellow adventurers, to see if the all get a "funny feeling" towards the monks & their kind "invitation" to see the artifact.

Monks, looking for relics, that's a new one.. tharental says in a sarcastic tone... related to that, see... I rather just get out of your way, maybe you could point us in the right direction?
You can tell that tharental seem a little bit on the edge with this monks, they seem to be untrustworthy.
I think we'll rather pass on your offer... im not a fan of visiting strange artifacts, in a long forgoten "abandoned" castle, guided by 3 monks that I've never met before..no offense.
tharental tightens his grip on his weapon as if ready to react to any sudden movement.

Silver Night
2014-04-25, 09:50 AM
Toll

Toll shifts impatiently, "If they aren't coming with us, let's get movin'."

ExRealis
2014-04-25, 10:18 AM
Rordan was smiling proudly at being let in, but when he catches Tharental's suspicious air the gnome's excitement at seeing the artifacts fades. Despite this, he continues to smile, trying to see if he can push these strangers into revealing something more. "We are eager to begin our journey, as I'm sure you can guess. Perhaps you could bring out these treasures for us to examine? At least tell us a little more of the history of your order. Knowledge shines brighter than any gem, as my great-uncle used to say. And yours must be a very selective group if there are only three of you. Or where are the other brothers?"

Might as well make a Bardic Knowledge check to see if Rordan has heard anything about what the monk is claiming
[roll0]

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-04-25, 04:34 PM
Snert

Snert remains silent, and is rather puzzled by the sudden reserve of his comrades. Did I miss something?

Brenthion
2014-04-25, 05:08 PM
The monks look nervously at eachother for a moment. Sensing the jig is up, they draw their quarterstaves and prepare to attack the party.

Initiative Rolls
Tharental - [roll0]
Snert - [roll1]
Toll - [roll2]
Rordan - [roll3]
Illialle - [roll4]
"Monks" - [roll5]

Initiative Order:
Toll - 20
Tharental - 17
"Monks" - 16
Illialle - 14
Rordan - 12
Snert - 9

Map
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/aphex2587/Scene23.png

Silver Night
2014-04-25, 10:02 PM
Toll

On seeing the Monks readying to attack, Toll takes a swing at the one right in front of him with his battleaxe.

Attack: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

Brenthion
2014-04-25, 10:11 PM
The monk tries to draw his quarterstaff in time, but Toll reacts quickly, scoring a mighty blow, the axe leaving a gaping wound in his chest. The "monk" drops to his knees, blood gurgling in his throat before falling prone onto the floor, with more blood pooling around his quickly cooling corpse.

StormBorn
2014-04-26, 04:27 AM
Tharental moves quickly into the room and towards the monk on the left.

With a frim grip on his weapon he attacks.

Atk [roll0]
Dmg [roll1]
Crit confrim [roll2]

ExRealis
2014-04-26, 10:46 AM
Rordan raises his sword and enters the breach. "Snakes! Villains!" he cries as he steps up to engage the monk to the bottom.

Attacking with my longsword.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Brenthion
2014-04-26, 10:57 AM
Tharental moves swiftly towards the next monk before he can react. His warhammer aims true and strikes the so called monk in the shoulder, hurting but not killing him.

The monk reacts with a swing of his quarterstaff, while the other monk beats a hasty retreat up the ladder on the north wall. Interestingly enough, despite the death of his comrade, the monk aims to deal nonlethal damage - apparently having things in store for you aside from death.

Attack:
Damage: [roll]1d6=4

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/aphex2587/Scene4.png

Brenthion
2014-04-26, 11:03 AM
Actual damage: [roll0]

The monk lands a hit on Tharental, staggering him greatly, but with nonlethal damage. He apparently wants you alive and unconscious.

Rordan attempts to strike the same monk, but he is able to parry the blade away with his quarterstaff.

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-04-26, 12:21 PM
Snert

Snert sees one of the monks heading up the ladder. Grinning, he realizes that leaves the monk vulnerable to his fighting style. The halfling loads his sling and propels a bullet towards the monk.

Aiming for a sneak attack on the climbing monk, assuming he loses his dex to AC while climbing the ladder.

[roll0], damage [roll1], SA damage [roll2]

Amanil
2014-04-26, 04:23 PM
Pretty sure you missed me in the order, but I don't think it makes much difference.

Illialle, in her first real combat, seems a little perplexed. Slipping past the barbarian in the doorway, she moves to attempt to tend the wounds of the fallen "monk". She is far from skilled in the matter, tearing up his robes somewhat to make a makeshift bandage.

1d20+0

Amanil
2014-04-26, 04:25 PM
I forgot about it not liking brackets.

[roll0]

Silver Night
2014-04-26, 10:02 PM
Toll drops the battleaxe, draws a javelin, and throws it at the monk on the ladder.

ExRealis
2014-04-26, 11:03 PM
Rordan keeps pressing his foe, making wild swings in hope of connecting, or at least keeping this last monk in place. "Ye'll be wishing you'd taken a vow of silence by the time I'm done with ya!"

Continue to attack.
[roll0]
[roll1]

StormBorn
2014-04-27, 06:32 AM
Tharental recovers from the hit, and presses on to finish off the monk.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Crit confirm [roll2]

Brenthion
2014-04-27, 03:38 PM
Illialle tries her best to make a makeshift bandage over the gaping wound in the monk's chest, but he continues to bleed and inches closer to death. Snert, sensing the bandit's vulnerability, whirls his sling and releases a stone soaring at the bandit's head as he reaches the top of the ladder. It strikes him square in the back of the head and clearly he is very injured, nearly losing his grip on the ladder. He is not unconscious, but very close.

Toll, dropping his battleaxe and drawing a javelin, hurls it at the badly injured monk. It aims true and slips between his ribs, causing him to lose his grip and fall from the ladder just as he is at the top. He strikes the cobblestone floor with a thud, dying on impact. The monk next to Toll, seeing the opportunity to strike as he makes a ranged attack, swings his quarterstaff aiming to subdue the towering barbarian.

Attack of Opportunity: [roll0]

Tharental, seeking to finish off the weakened monk beside him, swings and aims true. The blow leaves the monk unconscious and dying on the floor.

The attack of opportunity misses, and the combat is over. The monk attempting to climb up the ladder is stone cold dead, the other two are unconscious and bleeding out.

Silver Night
2014-04-27, 04:21 PM
Toll

Toll picks up his axe, then moves to recover his javelin. "Sorry, shoulda left them in better shape. I'll try an' do better next time. Either of these guys gonna be in any shape for questioning?"

Amanil
2014-04-27, 05:12 PM
"Never mind questioning, they're bleeding out here." Illialle fumbled around with the torn rags, her hands bloodstained and her voice a little trembly. "Is someone going to help me, or are we just going to let these people breathe their last breaths?"

She fumbled miserably with the rags, fretting and wiping her brow. Clearly blood wasn't something the elf was familiar with.

Making a few Heal checks, looking for DC15. If she succeeds, she moves on to the other bleeding one. If none of the below make it, I figure someone else will pick up the slack of my rolling.

EDIT: editing my post to reflect the rolls below.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Brenthion
2014-04-27, 06:25 PM
After going from one unconscious "monk" to the other, Illialle's efforts succeed on the monk who greeted you at the door, and he appears to be stable though still unconscious. With one last breath, the other monk expires on the cold floor before Tharental and Toll's feet.

The remaining unconscious monk with the gaping wound in his chest is stable, but barely alive. His breathing is shallow and his heartbeat, faint. Blood trickles from the corner of his mouth.

The monk that remains alive is unconscious and at -8 hit points.

Silver Night
2014-04-28, 01:42 AM
Toll

"Any of you might revive 'im? Or should we find somewhere to leave 'im fer care, if he's gonna live?"

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-04-28, 01:56 AM
Snert

Snert is not much of a healer. "If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know..." He is also still curious as to why this all happened. "Ehm, so, what just happened here. Why did everyone draw weapons all of a sudden?"

ExRealis
2014-04-28, 07:36 PM
Rordan looks up from the dying monk he is leaning over to Illialle, "Would have been a greater mercy to let him die. Not all of us can hope to live forever, if you don't mind me saying so my lady." Then, walking over to the dead one and starts looking around in his robes.,He calls out for Snert, "I"m not sure what happened, but there might be some clue to it on the body hear. Care to help me look?"

StormBorn
2014-04-28, 07:47 PM
I sensed something rather... "off" with these monks, not quite sure what... but, they definetly where not whom theh say tey where tahrenthal speaks out loud.
One thing remains true, we are not alone.... maybe whe should investigate this "relic" of them.

I surely have the power to not let him die, but im not doing anything, loose ends in a hostile place like this, will end up with US dead instead of him. may your god have mercy on your soul monk.

Silver Night
2014-04-28, 08:59 PM
Toll

Don't seem right, just leavin' him, but I dunno what we could do with'im.

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-04-29, 02:02 AM
Snert

Snert nods at Rordan and starts helping him search the bodies. When done, he also starts searching the room for hidden stuff.

Searching corpses: [roll0]
Searching room: [roll1]

StormBorn
2014-04-29, 11:26 AM
Tharental, moves towards the ladder, where the monk felt. He takes a look downstairs, and if there is no apparent danger he climbs down the ladder.

[roll0] LISTEN
[roll1] SPOT

When he's down stairs, he draws his weapon once again and takes a look arounds.

[roll2] SEARCH

Its there anything unusual? Whats the relic they got down here?

Brenthion
2014-04-29, 04:42 PM
The ladder actually goes up, towards a hole in the ceiling. There is nothing up there.

Tharental conducts his search on the roof of the room, but finds nothing unusual. He does get a pretty good view of the ruins of the Castle Whiterock, however. It appears to be open above-ground terrain beyond the southwestern door.

Snert conducts his search of the bodies and the room. Two of the monks have chain shirts beneath their robes, and what appears to be a cheap forgery of the symbol of the Dawning Sun. It is obviously not of ancient origin.

The monk who tried to climb up the ladder has studded leather armor beneath his robes and carries a masterwork shortsword, along with a shortbow, 20 arrows, and a similarly fake symbol of this so called "Order of the Dawning Sun".

Between the three of them, there are 28 gold pieces carried in pouches at their waist. The room itself appears to be unremarkable. The double doors to the southwest are unlocked.

StormBorn
2014-04-29, 06:17 PM
Well theres definetly nothing to do up here... we seem to have foud our first treasure!
Nice... lets keep it, we'll split it later.

Tharental moves up to the monk and takes one of the symbols with him. Then he moves up tp the door, and opens it. Weapon in hand.

Amanil
2014-04-29, 08:37 PM
"Most strange..." Illialle observes, trying to ignore the blood covering her hands as she wipes them on the vestments of the saved monk. "Perhaps a group of adventurers, like ourselves, seeking an 'easier' means to gain fame and fortune?"

She casts one last look at the fallen before shrugging and turning her attention to the door as Tharental moves to open it. "Onwards indeed."

Silver Night
2014-04-29, 10:01 PM
Toll

"Could I get one'a those shirts? I'd be able ta move better." Toll with take one of the chain shirts if no one objects, and change out of his scale mail - which he will leave behind unless anyone wants it.

StormBorn
2014-04-29, 10:12 PM
Well... hou can take it, but its definetly coming out from your share of the treasure.

Silver Night
2014-04-29, 10:34 PM
Toll

toll grunts in what is probably agreement, and having re-dressed, approaches the door, axe at the ready in case it reveals any unpleasant surprises.

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-04-30, 01:25 AM
Snert

"Yeah, all that stuff is too heavy for me to carry, I fear. There's 5.6 gold pieces for each, though." Snert starts handing everyone their share of the gold.

Brenthion
2014-04-30, 03:54 PM
Leaving the two dead monks and the unconscious one to his fate, the party moves on and opens the double doors.

Beyond is a long low wooden building situated along the inner castle wall. The tickling smell of hay intermixed with the stench of sweaty animals betrays the building's function as a stable. Inside there appears to be six light riding horses and two covered wagons.

Beyond the stable, you see a gathering of five simple tents flapping in the wind. Each tent is about 20 feet square and has a single entrance. In front of the tents are two more "monks" milling about and talking to eachother. They are unaware of your arrival.

Beyond the tents, you see some ruins and crumbling walls, though it is difficult to see much.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/aphex2587/Scene5.png

StormBorn
2014-04-30, 08:09 PM
Whispering it seems that, we may have some explaining to do...you think there are more "monks" inside the tents?? ..... we have two ways to do this.... 1 we charge, take this two monks as fast as we can, or... diplomatically. ?. And I domt think thats going to work.

Silver Night
2014-04-30, 10:29 PM
Toll

"They are enemies, and we have the advantage." Toll shrugs, "We should engage them, and not give them time to prepare. We should get closer, and charge if they notice us."

ExRealis
2014-04-30, 11:01 PM
"We could also create a distraction, draw one or two of them away. I know a bit of magic for that and I agree that its too late for diplomacy. But let's decide on something quick and quiet so's we don't end up like last time."

StormBorn
2014-04-30, 11:24 PM
go ahead... do your magic, I'll watch your back.
I

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-05-01, 12:07 AM
Snert

Snert tries to silently find a place to hide, so he can make a sneak attack on people that come around the stable, and loads his sling.

Hide: [roll0]
Move silently: [roll1]

Silver Night
2014-05-01, 09:58 AM
Toll

Toll grunts to acknowledge the conversation, and if noone comes up with a better plan, tries to sneak along the side of the stable to get closer to the position of the 'monks'.

Hoping these DCs wouldn't be too high, since there is a whole stable to hide behind:

Move Silently: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]

Brenthion
2014-05-01, 03:07 PM
Both Snert and Toll are able to sneak up to the edge of the barn closest to the monks without alarming them. The monks still meander about in front of the tents, completely unaware of the party's presence.

Silver Night
2014-05-01, 10:20 PM
Toll will wait for any of the others to finish their pre-battle preparations, and then charge the nearest 'monk'.

With power attack:

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-05-02, 01:55 AM
Snert

When Toll charges, Snert tosses a sling bullet at one of the monks, hoping to surprise them. Instead of charging in, however, the halfling chooses to maintain cover of the barn.

Attack: [roll0], damage [roll1] (min. 1), sneak attack damage [roll2]
Confirmed crit with a 21 in the OoC thread, and rolled 1 bonus damage, for a total of 8 damage.

Amanil
2014-05-03, 10:42 PM
Lacking anything significantly useful to contribute, Illialle waits for the fight to be engaged before hustling up near Snert, giving her a much better view of the encounter. This castle certainly looked like it would be providing plenty of adrenaline rushes, if the first little while was anything to go by!

StormBorn
2014-05-04, 10:35 AM
Tharental.

After taking a quick look through the door, he realices that each of those tents could be filled with members of the order of the monks, they killed moments ago.
This is a bad position for him... if they attack and the tents are indeed, filled with monks... its over. If they try to diplomatically bypass them.... they'll find out the others are dead.... and, its over.

After taking just a second to think... tharental signals his companion, to take out the two monks outside of the tents. Tharental will charge into combat if the monks dont drop dead, or if any new member arrives.

ExRealis
2014-05-04, 10:50 AM
Rordan swears silently at his slow thinking as he takes a position besides Tharental and draws his sword, ready to charge in with the dwarf or, if great numbers of reinforcements arrive for the enemy, to begin a chant to encourage his allies.

Brenthion
2014-05-04, 07:52 PM
Surprise Round

Snert whirls his sling around and releases a stone careening towards one of the monk's head. His aim is true and the monk drops to the ground like the stone that hit him.

Toll charges and swings for the ropes, but he misses the one remaining monk.

Rordan and Tharental similarly move towards the combat as closely as they can, though they are unable to reach the fight.

Thus ends the surprise round. Assuming Rordan and Tharental take a double move action to get closer to the combat from where they stand now. Illialle too.

Initiative:
Tharental: [roll0]
Snert: [roll1]
Toll: [roll2]
Rordan: [roll3]
Illialle: [roll4]

Order of Initiative for Round One:
Tharental: 19
Snert: 17
Illialle: 16
Rordan: 13 (higher initiative bonus)
Monk: 13
Toll: 5

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/aphex2587/Scene6.png

StormBorn
2014-05-04, 09:08 PM
Tharental RUNS, Trying to get as close as I can to the monks.

ExRealis
2014-05-05, 12:20 AM
Rordan follows close behind trying to close the gap with the action.

Silver Night
2014-05-05, 01:40 AM
Toll

If there are no radical changes before Toll's turn, he will take another swing at the monk!

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-05-05, 01:43 AM
Snert

Snert decides to remain hidden behind the stable. One monk is out, the other does not seem to stand much of a chance, and the amount of ammunition Snert carries is limited. He does keep an eye out for unexpected company.

[roll0]

Amanil
2014-05-05, 06:50 AM
Sprinting across the gap between the barn and the tents, surprising herself with her little burst of energy, Illialle takes stock of the situation. Though things look in their favour, there is no telling if the tables will turn.

Hustling 12 squares to the left.

Brenthion
2014-05-05, 04:00 PM
Tharental, Rordan, and Illialle all make haste to get closer to the action while Snert keeps a watchful eye - though he spots nothing.

The monk dodges another mighty swing from Toll and runs as quickly as he can towards a hole in a collapsed section of the courtyard wall instead of towards the tents.

The monks makes a withdraw double move action to escape the combat without provoking an attack of opportunity and makes haste for the castle.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/aphex2587/Scene7.png

StormBorn
2014-05-05, 07:02 PM
OOC: I think you move tharental as if he had taken a double move action. Not a run action. That would put me a little bit closer, 8 sqrs closer hehe.

Tharental seen as the monk rushes out of the combat encorages his comrades to attack with any ranged weapons they have. He then again, RUNS [x4 that would be 16 sqrs right?, to get as close as he can.

Silver Night
2014-05-05, 09:54 PM
Toll

Toll moves as close as he can and throws a Javelin at the fleeing monk.

ExRealis
2014-05-05, 10:53 PM
Rordan moves up as close as possible as he pulls an arrow from his quiver. He stops and takes a shot.

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-05-06, 02:07 AM
Snert

Seeing how the monk is leaving, Snert decides to move as far southwards as he can. No point in hiding when there's nobody to hide from.

Brenthion
2014-05-07, 07:11 PM
Tharental and Snert hustle to get to the action as quickly as they can. Rordan tries to position himself for a shot, but is unable to make it.

Toll carefully judges his aim on the moving monk and hurls a javelin, striking the monk through the chest and killing him instantly.

Rordan was unable to get a clean line of sight on the monk to pull off a shot. I felt like Toll kind of got ripped off when I said he swung and missed, and THEN the monk withdrew, when really the monk was first in initiative order and Toll probably would have dropped his axe and threw a javelin instead of swinging, so I let him go before the monk this round. Anyways, the combat is over! Assuming Illialle remains stationary on account of her absenteeism. Lets not let this game get stagnant and carry on

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/aphex2587/Scene9.png

Silver Night
2014-05-07, 09:29 PM
Toll

Toll moves to recover his javelins if they are still in good shape, then searches the monks for anything useful, and then the tents and carts. He stays somewhat on-guard in case there are more 'monks'.

Search, if needed:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Amanil
2014-05-08, 01:21 AM
I'm here, was waiting for my spot in the initiative order then suddenly you all posted in the space of half a day. :smalltongue:

Illialle moved to peer into the nearest tent. "There are many tents here, and so few have we dealt with. I would advise caution moving onwards; perhaps they have pushed ahead of their comrades on their search?"

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-05-08, 01:46 AM
Snert

"Hang on, guys," Snert whispers, "See what we got here." Snert tip-toes to the tents and lifts the flaps to check inside. If there is nobody inside, he will sneak in and search around. When he gets out of the first tent he looks at the others. "Hey, we're here to get rich, right?" Systematically, Snert searches the tents.

Snert searches all the tents for valuables, taking 10 on search for 16.

Brenthion
2014-05-08, 11:21 AM
Snert peers around inside all of the tents. Each of them contains five hammocks and footlockers. Each footlocker is empty. One of the tents is apparently used to store digging tools - shovels, picks, and the like. By Snert's assumption, the tools have not been used in many months.

The tent closest to the ruins contains a table with various bits of pottery and other "artifacts". They all appear to be fake and useless.

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-05-08, 01:43 PM
Snert

"Hmpf..." Snert emerges from the last tent, "Nothing useful. So, how do we proceed? We just walk in, or do you want me to scout ahead?""

StormBorn
2014-05-08, 02:46 PM
Tharenthal

He takes deep breath, relieved that the monk didnt get away, after his miscalculation on his short legs. what about the wagons? And the horses... me should take this "monks" and put them away from sight. tharenthal still war hammer in hand.... moves towars the latest of the monks... should we.... go down this path.... im sure we'll find some surprises.

Silver Night
2014-05-08, 07:23 PM
Toll

Toll, his axe once again at the ready, eyes the road onward, "We have to get going sometime. Might as well go now, unless you've got anything else ta do. Scout might be a good idea, these're some biggish tents, eh?"

He will, once everyone is ready, continue on.

Amanil
2014-05-09, 01:18 AM
"Indeed, it seems that we have learned all we can here. Might I perhaps suggest we attempt to talk to the next gentlemen we meet?" Illialle glanced at the bard amongst them. "We may actually find out something about what they're doing; attacking these relatively unarmed men does not sit easy with me," she confessed, awkwardly twirling her shortbow.

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-05-09, 02:09 AM
Snert

"All right, let me have a look. Try to keep it quiet here." Snert sneaks off around the corner, making sure the coast is clear.

Snert goes to scout the black part of the map, taking 10 on hide (22) and move silently (20).

ExRealis
2014-05-09, 04:41 PM
Rordan wonders at what kind of an operation the "monks" are running, carefully examining the digging tools and pottery sherds. "They mentioned they'd brought up artefacts from below," he notes, "Do you think that was all a lie, or just a bit of one? Could be we're onto something good." As for next steps, he agrees that scouting would be wise adding, "If raising a weapon is what you all think is best, you'll find me right there with you. But my tongue is quite a bit longer than my sword-arm, so if it's talking we need I'll be the gnome to do it.

StormBorn
2014-05-09, 09:30 PM
"Indeed, it seems that we have learned all we can here. Might I perhaps suggest we attempt to talk to the next gentlemen we meet?" Illialle glanced at the bard amongst them. "We may actually find out something about what they're doing; attacking these relatively unarmed men does not sit easy with me," she confessed, awkwardly twirling her shortbow.

There ain't a thing more natural than death my friend, tharental looks into his eyes, and pads him in the shoulder. Better them, than us.... the situation required action, and you better get use to it.... cause I dont see a brighter future ahead.
But maybe we can try it your way.... if they find out this gentlemen are dead, its going to be really hard not to look suspicious so we better have a god excuse.

For now, lets hide the body's... move forward, and you... prepare a good excuse for us.

Silver Night
2014-05-17, 09:01 PM
Toll

Toll shifts impatiently waiting for the scout to come back, "Maybe we should go after him?"

Amanil
2014-05-20, 04:12 AM
"That may be advisable, best to keep an eye on him in case he gets into trouble." Illialle situates herself at the corner that the halfling disappeared around, bow drawn and arrow notched.