PDA

View Full Version : Even more uses for turn/rebuke attempts (Feats)

Glooble Glistencrist
2007-02-09, 08:16 AM
Extra Granted Power [Divine]:
You an channel positive energy to use the power granted to you by the Gods more then once.
Prerequisite: Domain with granted power usable a number of times per day, Ability to Turn/Rebuke undead.
Benefit: Choose one of your Domains with a granted power usable once per day (such as the Sun Domain's Greater Turning, or the protection domains Protective Ward.) You can expend a turn/rebuke attempt to use your granted power an additional time per day. You can only do this a number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier.
Special: You can take this feat multiple times. Each time you take it, it applies to a different domain.

Sacred Potency [Divine]
You can use positive energy to carve through an opponents spell resistance.
Prerequisite: Ability to Turn/Rebuke undead
Benefit: You can expend a turn/rebuke to add your Charisma modifier to one check made to overcome spell resistance.

Augment Buff [Divine]
Channelling the power of the Gods, you make spells you cast on your allies more powerful.
Prerequisite: Ability to Turn/Rebuke undead
Benefit: Any time you cast a spell which increases a creatures ability scores, you can expend a turn/rebuke attempt to add 2 to that increase. If the spell increases multiple ability scores, the +2 can be given to one of your choice or divided among them as you see fit. This feat can only be applied once to any given spell.

So, what do you think? I'm a little concerned about balance - are these too weak? Too powerful? Useless? Feedback would be appreciated. I'm especially concerned about how much the Augment Buff should add - 2 seems too weak to me, but 4 seems to strong.

Roderick_BR
2007-02-09, 08:27 AM
I like Sacred Potency.
Not sure about Augment. Maybe add a +2, as if adding a Empower Feat?
Extra Granted Power is dangerous. Imagine a cleric with Cha 16, and Extra Turning. he has 9 uses a day. He can use Strenght or Smite 10 times a day.

Assasinater
2007-02-09, 08:28 AM
Augment Buff should be limited to one bonus per spell.

I'm not sure, but I recall that some granted powers were pretty powerful. I think the cost for that extra should be at least three turn/rebuke uses.

And last, you may think of adding Spell Penetration to the Sacred Potency's prerequisites.

Anyway, nice feats.

Calver
2007-02-09, 09:31 AM
Yeah! :smallbiggrin: Some more cool stuff by Glooble!

I think that the Augment buff should give a +2 rather than the +4 for the sole reason that most buffs last for a decent amount of time, especially at higher levels.

Extra Granted Power does seem like it could get exploited quite a bit, but I don't think that you should fix it by upping the cost; Clerics don't get a great number of feats anyway. Instead, I think you should cap it per-day. Either usable a number of times per day equal to your cleric level or 1/2 it. I'll leave that up to you to decide. Some of the domains, such as protection and animal, wouldn't be too exploitable, but as Roderick said, Strength and Smite could be.

Glooble Glistencrist
2007-02-09, 09:36 AM
Made some changes (in Lime.)

knightsaline
2007-02-09, 09:34 PM
*laughs* when I read this, i thought of them as "turning tricks". must add to the list of things I am not allowed to do while playing D&D
"I will not refer to the clerics divine feats as "turning tricks""
"I will not tell the villagers that the cleric has said "turning tricks""

the problem with divine feats is that they are more suited to paladins, since no sane party will not have a cleric. paladins may gain the ability to turn undead, but they will always be 4 steps behind the cleric. the first feat you created is unsuitable to pallys because they don't have domains. If part of the feat is that you can expend a turn attempt to use any domain that you could legally use, I would allow any pally I play to get that feat and greater turn undead.