PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Armblade Question

Gorr_the_Gastly
2014-04-23, 12:55 PM
Ok so for 2,300g you get a bastard sword +1 that attaches to your Warforged's hand and cannot be disarmed because of this.

Well now say you want to add Fleshgrinding onto that Bastard Sword how would this work? You cannot exactly let go of the weapon can you? Does it still work for the 5 rounds, are you stuck to the person you hit or can you choose to release the weapon's effect and remove the fleshgrinding bastard sword?

And of course Fleshgrinding is a +2 enhancement. Does this mean I would have to spend an additional 8,000g or just the difference of 5,700g?

I am going for a design closer to Big Daddy's drill, anyone got an idea?

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-23, 01:23 PM
YOU can let go, nobody else can force you to let go. That is an important distinction. The DM would have to handle a issue like a target trying to move away from you while the sword is grinding.

I would do the following as a DM. You hit with the sword, it starts grinding. If you make another attack with it, the grinding stops so you can make another attack. If you or the target move away from your square, you must choose to ether end the grinding or detach your blade.

You would just have to pay the difference to upgrade a +1 weapon to a +3 weapon to add the fleshgrinding enhancement, 10,000gp.

Gorr_the_Gastly
2014-04-23, 01:49 PM
The difference between +1 and +3 is 16000 18000-2000

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-23, 01:53 PM
And I fail to read a table correctly, you are right. A +1 weapon with a +2 enhancement is a +3 weapon. An arm blade is simply a 50gp base price weapon with a +1 enhancement and a 250gp masterwork cost.

Gorr_the_Gastly
2014-04-23, 01:56 PM
Hmm this means I will need to wait a few more levels to get that amount of loot.