PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder a good program mass character creation...

arkangel111
2014-04-23, 04:13 PM
yea so is there one? I need to make 7 or more BBEG's and just want a decent program to let me quickly pop them out.

Trasilor
2014-04-24, 03:55 PM
Short answer: no
Long answer: Nope

If you find one, let me know. :smallamused:

Callin
2014-04-24, 03:56 PM
Some people ask on here for a build stub so they can quickly fix it up to be their BBEG. You could do that and behold what the Playground tosses at ya.

ArendK
2014-04-25, 04:34 AM
For me, Hero Lab works pretty well; there are some occasional issues, but nothing major. I spend more time picking out the minute details and such than anything else for BBEGs; if you have a concept and some semblance of stats in mind, it takes about 15 minutes or so for a character; if they are relatively similar in build or a pregen NPC, it will be easier for more NPC's.

In 3.5, in my gaming prime, I could usually pencil whip a functioning character with about 5-10 minutes; tack on another 5 minutes for gear for anything but a fighter-type; it wouldn't be a finely detailed creation, but enough to be playable.

Now, since I've been away from gaming regularly for many years, I can't do it nearly as fast.
Hero Lab is nice in that for games that Chargen can be a session in and of itself *coughshadowruncough*, the numbers are crunched for you and it becomes more a focus of re-arranging to get what you want/need.

The only downside to Hero Lab IMHO? The cost. To get the games I 'regularly' play with the supplements I use (I'm not big on little supplements, give me the big stuff like the APG, ARG, the Ultimate Series, and the 4-5 main books for Shadowrun); it probably cost me grand total about 125 dollars or more. I know it was a mighty dent to my wallet at the time. However, given that I'm married with two kids and in the military (deployed no less, but we're still managing to find time to get together and at least plan for our triumphant gaming bonanza back home), character creation time has dropped nicely since I can work with the system to see what I like to build.

Also, for the most part, everyones character sheets will look alike and be formatted similarly. Any restrictions on generation can either be handwaved or programmed in (not overly difficult once you get the hang of it). All in all, it's a good program I think.

OverdrivePrime
2014-04-25, 09:30 AM
A friend of mine and I are working on one of these. I'm doing the logic, he's doing the programming. We're optimistically looking forward to being done sometime around 2025.