PDA

View Full Version : Help for an NPC.

Metahuman1
2014-04-23, 04:42 PM
Long story short my DM came to me recently and asked, since I've been playing longer then he has and know more about 3.5 then he does (I had to teach him tome of battle recently for example, he's only heard of it in passing and new nothing about it and now it's one of his favorite books, and he wants me to teach him Psionics when current campaign ends and before next one so he can decide weather he wants to use and allow it for the next campaign.), if I know of a template that could be applied to a monster, such as an ape or a dinosaur or similar that already had a pair of arms, that would give it two pairs of arms.

He says he wants it for an NPC that the party would meet at an unspecified time and in an unspecified capacity to have as an animal companion/special mount/familiar or something similar. (I think he was trying to be a touch vague so he didn't give too much away to a player in advance, which is fine.)

I mentioned the spell Girallon's Blessing after having it suggested to me in the quick Q&A thread, but he doesn't like that idea because he said he wants to be able to apply graphs for these extra arms. He wouldn't say what kind, but knowing his tastes he wants Warfordge Graphs so he can make this NPC's pet/mount/whatever a Cyborge Dinosaur or Gorilla or what have you with 4 arms.

Getting back to it, I told him I would check some things and get back to him, and so far I've not found a template that does what he's asking for. I get the feeling he'd prefer to not homebrew it as in general he seems to not be confident in his homebrew skills yet. So, I come to the playground to ask if anyone knows if such a template, or other way to get what he wants for him. Thanks for the help!

Kuulvheysoon
2014-04-23, 04:46 PM
IIRC, you can buy/apply a pair of Warforged Arm grafts (Magic of Eberron, maybe?) in addition to your normal arms. Nowhere in the item description say that they must replace your original arms.

Metahuman1
2014-04-23, 04:48 PM
Huh, well, if he's really going warfordge'd graph then, I'll mention that too him. Though since he would not confirm one way or the other if that's what he was doing, as I said he didn't want to totally spoiler it for a player, it might be good if I still had a way of just giving it an extra set of arms that can be used to swap out for what ever thing he's got planned.