PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Direction for my Skyguard

ImaDeadMan
2014-04-24, 02:05 AM
I have a Gold Dwarf who is Thug Fighter Variant 5/Great Rift Skyguard 5 so he's ECL 10. I realized that I'm not getting anything else that I want out of Skyguard if I stay in it so I'm wondering: What class should I go into next? I'm looking to maintain full BAB, preferably d10 or d12 HD but I'll accept a d8 HD if I like the class, and I'm a fan of unique class features.

I play him by dropping in from the sky via my Hippogriff, provided by being a Great Rift Skyguard, and charging into an enemy below me. From there I basically function as a front line fighter and if I need to re-position myself, my Hippogriff picks me up and I put on another drogue wing and drop to another location to hit another enemy. Out of combat, he is a leader-type figure for the party and often handles the initial introductions for the group (and this usually leads to our next quest). The rest of the party consists of 2 Shield Dwarves. One is a Duskblade 10 and the other is a Ranger 7/Peerless Archer 3.

Here's more specific info:
Name: Ortar Baradun
Race: Gold Dwarf
Racial Bonuses: Darkvision(60ft); Stonecunning; +4 against Bullrush and trip; +2 bonus vs poison;
+2 against spells and SPA's; +1 to attack vs orcs/goblins; +4 dodge bonus to ac vs Giants;
+2 bonus on appraise related to stone/metal; +2 on craft with stone/metal

Class: Fighter 5/Great Rift Skyguard 5
HP: 108/108

Abilities: Str-20; Dex-12; Con-16; Int-14; Wis-14; Cha-10

AC: 23 (10+9(armor)+1(dex)+3(shield)); Touch: 11; Flat-footed: 22

Initiative: +1

BAB: +10
Attack: +1 Keen Valorous Greatsword of Shock +16/+11 (2d6+8+1d6 crit 17-20/x2) +3d6 sneak attack

Saves:
Fort - 16 (8(base)+3(con)+5(vest))
Ref - 11 (4(base)+2(dex)+5(vest))
Will - 9 (2(base)+2(wis)+5(vest))

Feats:
Mounted Combat (1st)
Power Attack (3rd)
Cleave (6th)
Ride-by-Attack (Skyguard Bonus Feat)
Fly-by-Attack (Skyguard class feature)
Great Cleave (9th)

Skills: (DM ruled that I get 4+int bonus for SP each level for fighter and skyguard. Spot and Listen were rolled together into Perception)
Craft(Engineer)-15
Handle Animal-13
Intimidate-13
Jump-18
Perception-15
Ride-14

Equipment:
+1 Keen Valorous Greatsword of Shock
+1 Animated Heavy Steel Shield
+1 Full Plate Armor
Vest of Resistance +5
+2 Gauntlets of Ogre Power
Boots of Striding and Springing (+10ft Land Speed and +5 to jump checks)
Everfull Mug
Adventuring Gear
Bag of Holding
Handy Haversack
Drogue Wing x4

WBL has ceased to be a thing for our party because we have managed to overcome encounters that we seriously shouldn't have. I guess lady luck is on our side

All 3.0 and 3.5 source material allowed. Dragon Magazine and third-party sources need to be DM approved

I could really use the help deciding where to go and what would be good for me because I honestly am not sure where to take this character.

Xerlith
2014-04-24, 02:50 AM
Umm... Warblade8/Bloodstorm Blade2?

You can "melee" while mounted, warblade adds mobility and has nice skills. Also, Tiger Claw and its jump maneuvers make a funny image with a dwarf.