PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Getting an oracle's curse

Shinken
2014-04-24, 03:12 AM
Does anyone know of a way to get an oracle's curse without actually being an oracle?

Thrair
2014-04-24, 03:54 AM
This (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/o/oracle-s-burden) 2nd-level Oracle spell gives the target all the downsides of the caster's curse for 1 min/level.

And this (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/o/oracle-s-vessel) 4th-level Oracle spell gives the target all the benefits of the caster's curse for 1 min/level.

Beyond that, I don't think there's any Official paizo stuff for getting an Oracle's curse (like Eldritch Heritage for Sorcerer Bloodlines).

There's always homebrew if your DM/Group is ok with it.

grarrrg
2014-04-24, 08:36 PM
Does anyone know of a way to get an oracle's curse without actually being an oracle?

May I ask why?

Oracle Curse's progress 1/2 rate for Non-Oracle classes (an Oracle 1/Other 8 will get the 5th level bonus), so just a 1 level dip can still get you up to the 10th level bonus.

Shinken
2014-04-24, 10:33 PM
May I ask why?
Clouded vision fits perfectly for a concept one of my players wants to try.

grarrrg
2014-04-24, 10:38 PM

Well Clouded Vision is considered one of the "weaker" Curses.
Since you seem to be in charge, just make him take a feat for it.
Full/Half Curse progression?
Maybe Full progression, but since he doesn't have any Oracle stop him at the 10th level bonus? (never gets 15th)

Shinken
2014-04-24, 10:39 PM
Well Clouded Vision is considered one of the "weaker" Curses.
Since you seem to be in charge, just make him take a feat for it.
Full/Half Curse progression?
Maybe Full progression, but since he doesn't have any Oracle stop him at the 10th level bonus? (never gets 15th)

Yeah, I was thinking of doing that from the start, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any way to do it without homebrew.

Spore
2014-04-24, 10:43 PM

If you'Re DM nothing stops you from just making this a feat.